HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 24, 2021 19:17:51  #1

[@Eliza; Past Thread] Absolutely zero funny business here.

It's a rather typical day. A dreary gray blankets the sky, with only some light being able to fight their way through the thick clouds. Not so typical, for this territory that is, is what is dispensed from the sky: Snowflakes, pure white but only occasional in nature, falling down and often melting before they even touch the ground. When they do gain contact with the earth, they are absorbed quickly, without the strength to cluster and pile into even a thin layer. Still, they persist in their efforts--after all, they have persisted since the early morning--and continue falling, hoping for reinforcements and strength.
As it happens, the snow's current weakness is a good thing. At least, it is for a certain individual: A teenage child with unfittingly bright eyes who, had the snow been stronger, would have had their hair and eyelashes caked in snow by now, for they have been outside since before the snow even started, in the wee hours of the morning. 
That being said, it isn't as if they have spent all their time since then in this city--and that's really a good thing because they're lost. 
Yes, they're lost in a place where they've lived for around a decade. Go figure.
In their defense, they're looking for a place they've never been before, but not in their defense is the fact that they forgot the name of the place, the description of a certain individual affiliated with the place, and even the relative location of the place compared with other places, all of which were probably given carefully to them beforehand but forgotten because 1) this isn't really something formal, like a mission, and 2) they really are like that. Also not in their defense is the fact that despite being lost for one hour, they still have not asked anyone for help (for once, not because the thought never crossed their mind, but because they feel like that would be quite bothersome). 
The good news is that currently they are actually in close proximity to the place they're looking for, unbeknownst to them. Also unbeknownst to them is the fact that they seem like a hapless stray animal (or a very suspicious individual who probably would have been arrested for loitering if they were in the Modern Sect. Either way) and have probably been seen circling around this part of the city for at least the fourth time today. 
Uh, yes. Please help them.

...Also, why can the narrator never hold themselves back from making a stupid pun in the title?? Why???

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

December 24, 2021 19:32:08  #2

Re: [@Eliza; Past Thread] Absolutely zero funny business here.

Eny opened the door of one of the buildings, quickly sweeping some dust out into the street and checking the front. She was about to close the door when she noticed the kid.

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

December 25, 2021 04:21:24  #3

Said kid watches the dust spiral into the street and settle before their feet before nearly getting blown into them by a gust of wind. They step to the side and back, watching the dust swirl around before dissipating, and then finally raise their head to blink at the stranger girl in a fashion not unlike to how one would blink while waking up under the Sun. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 25, 2021 13:59:37  #4

Eny, looking now slightly concerned, walked over to them. "Um, excuse me? Sir? Or, um, ma'am? Are you okay?"

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

December 25, 2021 20:41:52  #5

Still staring at her, they nod. "Am lost," they add, a bit confusing in how they structured what they're conveying (as they literally did "say" that they're fine but then proceeded to say that they're lost) but still being quite honest. 
If it helps, what they meant to say is that they're doing fine but are lost. Doesn't make much sense either, but that's them for ya.
Also, "ma'am"--xD.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 25, 2021 21:22:56  #6

Eny is trying her best to be respectful of whoever this person may identify as, be nice xD
"Um, well, where are you trying to go?"

December 25, 2021 21:49:18  #7

Don't worry, Kiaane does not care. Meanwhile, the narrator can laugh because technically, all answers are wrong.
"A shop," they respond, but instead of saying that someone told them its location, they proceed to say, "The heavens prophesied that it is run by a family named..."
Oh boy, the struggle is real.
"...the Subways," they conclude to the best of their ability.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 26, 2021 15:46:38  #8

(This escalated in the best way possible)

Eny's brow furrowed. "Do you mean the Segtivays?"

December 26, 2021 18:36:34  #9

"Se--" Scrunching up their brow a bit, they say the name as if lip-syncing it before trying, "Seg-ti-vay."
Of course, that's not the end of it. They repeat "Subway" once or twice and contemplate the similarities (in their view, that is), before concluding, "Perhaps."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 26, 2021 19:01:03  #10

"Well, what kind of shop are you looking for?"

December 27, 2021 19:58:50  #11

"It sells supernatural items," they describe, to the best of their ability.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 27, 2021 20:58:28  #12

"Oh, a magic shop?" Eny lit up visibly. "You have to be looking for the Segtivay's, it's the biggest magic shop here. It's right there," she gestured to the building she had just come out of.

December 29, 2021 22:28:15  #13

"Oh." They sound considerably less pleased with the news than they probably should sound, but then again, it's Kiaane. They never sound one way or another. 
They look over the building--or the shop--for whatever reason. 
"Thank you," they add blandly after a little while.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 30, 2021 10:58:38  #14

"You're welcome." Eny turned around and went back into the shop, clearly not waiting for Kiaane.

December 30, 2021 20:08:52  #15

(Is she mad about being called a Subway or is she just cold)

That's okay. They're used to that. After a little more peering (especially at a spot on the roof, where they think they see a nest of some sort), they follow after her. By now she's probably settled wherever she is, though.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 30, 2021 20:39:23  #16

Turns out, the reason she left so quickly was so she could get behind the shop counter before Kiaane got into the building, because she also happened to be watching the shop at this time. "Hi again!" she said cheerfully. "Welcome to Subways!"

December 30, 2021 21:05:53  #17

The fact that she says "Subways" instead of "Segtivays" confuses Kiaane for no reason other than that they just get confused by a lot of things. Now looking like a lost cat that is staring right at Eny, they mutter, "Thank you."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 30, 2021 21:26:59  #18

Eny had a very teasing glint in her eyes. Kiaane would probably miss it. ''How can I help you?" she asked smoothly. 

December 31, 2021 19:50:37  #19

A challenge question.
"That was not specified," they answer, seemingly thinking that's a reasonable response. Also, they're still referring to the 'prophesy' or whatever.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 31, 2021 20:08:51  #20

Eny blinked. "Well...we have magical artifacts, potions..." she said, trying to perhaps jog their memory.

December 31, 2021 22:06:36  #21

It's not a matter of memory. It's just them not having thought about this. They probably thought they could wander in here for a while before being questioned or something. Anyways, they nod along for the sake of politeness, though it just makes them seem more clueless.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 31, 2021 22:19:27  #22

Eny squinted, leaning over the counter. "You don't know what you're looking for, do you?" she asked, with a hint of suspicion.

December 31, 2021 22:23:36  #23

They don't seem sheepish at all--and no, that's not sarcasm. They nod while leaning slightly away from her.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 31, 2021 22:31:40  #24

Eny leaned back. "Well, do you have any idea what you might need?"

January 1, 2022 00:04:43  #25

"No," they say, though whether they say so because they think that is better than "There is no need for anything" or because they actually just see that as the only answer.
"Sorry," they add after a small break.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 1, 2022 00:06:57  #26

"It's fine." Eny said. "It's just that...normally when people come here they have an idea of what they want."

January 1, 2022 00:15:09  #27

"Imaginable," they say with a tiny nod. 
From the fact that their gaze has wandered, it seems like they've thought of something or, at least, have thought of some notion and are now pursuing it.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 1, 2022 10:33:25  #28

Not really knowing how else to help this person, Eny rested her chin on the counter, waiting.

January 2, 2022 18:05:09  #29

"What..." they think a little bit more before finishing their sentence, "...is the least expensive category of sold items?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 2, 2022 19:22:06  #30

Eny thought for a moment, then shrugged. "There isn't, really, in terms of categories, anyways." she said. "The cheapest stuff are usually the weaker healing potions," she gestured to a wall, lined with bottles varying in size and the color of the liquids they contained. "A few of the magic amulets we have are on the cheaper side, but they're not very powerful."

Board footera