GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 17, 2021 10:37:55  #1

One quiet, quiet town

((For the purpose of setting, no character participating can have been in the town before the events of this thread))

The rays from a late afternoon sun shone over all the place.
A dirt road on a street was tinged orange from the light.
Signs and fake fronts of wooden buildings cast purplish shadows on the street.
And yet, in this area that suspiciously looked like a stereotypical town from the "Wild West" (with a saloon included), nothing moved. Silence hung over the buildings, inside the buildings, outside the buildings, permeating everything around. Almost as if the life had disappeared from the area. Even the warm air seemed to be standing still, laying heavy and refusing to move the tumbleweeds often found in settings like this.

Not a single soul could be found in this town.

No, no, that's wrong. There is one single being moving about, heading towards the main street.
They're the only sign of life in this quiet, quiet town.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ
pjytlñhfñksfjgnm dfmghkdhldk

October 18, 2021 00:00:45  #2

Re: One quiet, quiet town

Neer was on an assignment from Time. He had to do some traveling, and it was getting a bit later in the day. So when he spotted a town, he figured it was the perfect place to rest till tomorrow.

His younger adoptive sister, Lydia Allum, was closely trailing behind him. Neer and her usually sticked together, even if she wasn't apart of Time and Chronos' Mages, she still followed him on these assignments.

As they arrived Neer quickly grew suspicious due to the deafening silence. That's when they both spotted the figure.

Neer stepped ahead and in front of Lydia, "Excuse me? Hello there!" He called out to the form.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

October 18, 2021 00:41:52  #3

"Good afternoon..." came the reply in a feminine voice. "What brings you here?" And with that question, which sounded completely genuine, the figure stepped out.
It was a pretty young woman. Short, blonde, fair, and with an attire more suited for the modern sect than this setting. She looked at Neer and Lydia questioningly.
Neer, with his sight skill, can see through the illusion. The girl in front of him actually has white hair and piercing orange eyes. She's even paler than what her other appearance showed. However, the most interesting thing isn't the fact that she's dressed in all orange and white, but a pair of very small wings showing on her back. She looks like a strange sort of angel.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

October 18, 2021 15:16:27  #4

Neer took this into account, but does not bring it up yet.

"We were just looking for a place to settle down for the night. However when we arrived, it seems that there is almost nobody here. Except you, that is." Neer replied, "Do you have an explanation?"

Lydia just stayed silent for now.

Time

October 19, 2021 09:27:24  #5

(Deciding whether to use a mage or Aniyah o.o)

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

October 19, 2021 11:32:35  #6

Alma moved a bit closer to the group, in front of him trotted a enormous, dark grey wolf with striking, golden eyes. The wolf sniffed the air and slowed a bit, stopping Alma from getting too close from the beings ahead.

"Ah, uh..." Alma muttered. He didn't cut into the conversation, not yet anyway.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

October 19, 2021 15:48:29  #7

"The explanation I could give is incomplete..."
She glanced at the others for a second. Hand on her chin, she continued talking to Neer, "You seem sincere. I doubt the state of this town is your doing."
Now she directed her attention towards Alma. "Are you the one looking for me?"

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (October 19, 2021 15:50:23)

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

October 19, 2021 18:00:51  #8

"Oh, well, I wouldn't say I was exactly looking for you specifically," Alma said. "More like, uh, we got lost-"

The wolf huffed, glancing back at Alma before going back to staring down the other people.

"-and we decided to go into this town to plan what to do about it, maybe get directions or something... Oh! Yeah!! Directions!!! What town is this?"

Alma looked around, swinging his arms back and forth while going up and down in his toes. He never really saw a town like this before, and almost childishly he wanted to look all around it. Something seemed off about how there wasn't a lot a people around, though... Maybe he lived in the city for too long?

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

October 19, 2021 19:20:24  #9

"Ah. So you could say whether or not this town being a reliable location for shelter is currently unknown?" Neer asked.

Time

October 19, 2021 22:53:25  #10

"This is Goldenrise. Today, it probably isn't very safe," she said. "It was already like this when I arrived a few hours ago. None of the usual activity, and this isn't a ghost town." 
Amande stepped forward into the main street. She took care to keep her voice level. Talking made her feel somewhat more at ease.
"The people are all fine, but you won't find a single soul here."

It seems the air is feeling a bit heavier than before. The silence, only broken by the voices of the conversation, gives the sensation that something's about to happen. 

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

October 20, 2021 00:44:57  #11

Did they hear "it isn't very safe"? Of course they did. However, whether the meaning of the words have registered is another meaning entirely, and currently Kiaane is more preoccupied, uh, investigating a nearby door. They don't even seem to really realize that there's a grouping of people not too far away; they're just going to stare at the door.
As usual, their instincts are better than most anything else. When they feel that something is slightly off, they step a little away from the door and raise their eyes to the sky, as if that would help any.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

October 20, 2021 00:53:28  #12

I would suppose Neer has a good sense and gut feeling, and motions Lydia to get a bit closer, which she does. He doesn't like the aura this place is giving off.

"Ok, what do you mean? What do you know?" He asks, "What's your name?" With the more questions, comes his more tense tone.

Last edited by Time (October 20, 2021 00:56:37)

Time

October 20, 2021 05:33:42  #13

Alma doesn't notice the change in atmosphere, still looking around, but Alois sure does. The wolf's fur bristles up and his ears go back, keeping his eyes on the lady.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

October 20, 2021 08:01:32  #14

The door Kiaane looked at is just a regular wooden door, held closed by a flimsy lock. No sounds come from inside the house.
With the sun heading closer to the horizon, the sky shifts towards red and purple hues. An area on the other side is already looking like night. Some stars are clearly there.

Something changes. A new presence appears.
Someone is watching.

"I don't know much at all. All I could s--" Her phrase got cut off by her suddenly turning towards a building behind.
Nothing. A blink later, she looked back at the others talking with her. 
"You may call me Amande, but that's not important. Please, leave as quickly as possible. There's no telling what will happen, and you might be in danger."

The presence--which did actually come from the roof of building--vanishes completely as soon as Amande looks towards it.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

October 20, 2021 11:48:33  #15

"Go get out." Neer looks back to Lydia, "I don't like it here. I'm going to deal with this."

"No." Lydia firmly states, "I'm staying with you."

Neer sighs, what else did he expect from his sister. She's like this when it came to orders from him. No time to argue now. He rested his hand on the hilt of his pistol as he activated his sense magic. Searching for anything dangerous.

Time

October 20, 2021 15:29:35  #16

Probably not a good time for Kiaane to alert the others of their presence, but that's when they choose to move away from the door, heading towards the nearby window instead. At least they don't have much anything on them.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 20, 2021 16:58:51  #17

Alois is is quietly sniffing the air again, trying to push Alma back from the group a bit more. Alma was starting to realize that he completely was ignoring the current mood in the setting, but not enough so that he moved back more than a few steps.

Alma muttered, "Danger? That isn't good."

How observant.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

October 20, 2021 22:36:19  #18

Even though the window near Kiaane is dusty, some furniture can be seen through it. Nothing of special interest.

Scents don't carry well in the slow flow of the air. However, Alois may be able to sense the faint leftover trace of a person's energy. Had the wind been stronger, this wouldn't have been possible. But in this "weather" it's hard to pinpoint the location of the someone. They may not even be in the city at the moment. Oh, but one thing: there's supernatural energy coating the whole place. That's why the scent is hard to pick up.

Anything dangerous? Neer can sense danger from an alleyway far ahead. There's something for sure, but no trace of life or movement. It may not be a person. 
And something else just appeared. A human figure walks straight down the main street towards the group. They're not making efforts to hide or anything. 

Amande turned towards Kiaane when the latter moved. She judged that they must have heard the conversation but were not interested in the events. If they didn't want to leave, it was their problem. Same for everyone else. She'd give no clear second warning...
"That's right. Most of the time it's best to stay away from situations like this."
It was at that moment that she spotted the approaching figure. Her stance shifted slightly.

A child waves to Lydia from a rooftop.
Wait. He wasn't there a moment ago. To Neer, it vaguely feels like a threat.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

October 20, 2021 23:06:13  #19

Lydia looks rather confused, and waves back.

Neer frowns, he moves his hand away from his pistol and shifted his draw hand to his revolver. Bigger caliber. "Who are you?" He called out to the child, looking between the two, and the alleyway up ahead. (even though he doesn't really need to).

Last edited by Time (October 20, 2021 23:07:53)

Time

October 20, 2021 23:57:40  #20

To Kiaane, anything except people (in most situations) is of interest. Wrenching their sight onto the furniture, they peer through the glass for a while, only occasionally rotating their gaze away.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 21, 2021 12:43:51  #21

There's a chair and a table not far from the window. A loose piece of paper rests next to a set of pencils, unused. 

"Just a little boy!" the child said back and waved again.

The other humanoid figure jogged up to the group. It's a young man with glasses and green hair.
"Good day. Oh, excuse me, am I interrupting something?" he asked.

Amande was literally left speechless for a good five seconds and it showed on her face. She checked on the group again before stepping forward towards the man.
"Not at all. So you were the one looking for me?"

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

October 21, 2021 14:45:55  #22

Kadabra is here, and is very, very lost. "Hm. Now, did I make a wrong turn at the last wrong turn, or was it the first?" The confusion is fogging up his mirror/face. 

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

October 21, 2021 15:43:02  #23

Neer decided to ask another question, "What's going on?" Hoping he would find an answer. Though to be honest, he wasn't really expecting one.

Time

October 21, 2021 16:20:58  #24

"We have a newcomer, huh." The man clapped his hands together soundlessly. "Well, I was looking for Amande to have a nice chat, that's all."

"I didn't know it would be you. I would also like to know what's going on."

"There's not much to explain! I only have a single question," he said. "Amande, will you come with me? Will you be with us?"

Amande stepped forward again, about to say yes. But then she stopped.
"Hold on. I have a question for you first." She looked at the others around. "Why are the people of Goldenrise in this state? Is this your doing?"

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

October 21, 2021 17:12:05  #25

"...That was two questions," Kiaane observes aloud, still scrutinizing the pencils, probably specifically their colors. And yeah, the narrator knows these actions aren't helpful whatsoever.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 22, 2021 15:09:16  #26

"Who are you guys?" Neer now calls out.

Lydia was trying to find out what was going on through her own way of observation.

Time

October 22, 2021 20:38:35  #27

If it makes them happy, who am I to judge?
The pencils are black, probably graphite or charcoal. They're sharpened kind of roughly.

"Oh, right, but it doesn't matter. And I forgot we had onlookers," he commented to Kiaane. Now replying to Neer, he said, "We're just friends who haven't seen each other in a long time! My name's Svyat, if you care about that. All I want right now is for Amande here to follow me. It's a simple request."

Amande shook her head. "Not very simple if you consider the situation. The people take priority, and I want to know exactly what happened here." She glanced at the others again before setting her sight on Svyat, with a more serious face. "I believe you may not be Svyat."

"The people? You know the answer already! Probably already told it to everyone else too. And come on, do I look like I'm not myself? Hurry and follow me, I'm running out of time."

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

October 22, 2021 21:36:34  #28

"Why are you running out of time?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 23, 2021 18:08:09  #29

"I don't like the vibes that you and whoever your group is giving off." Neer places out.

Time

October 24, 2021 11:21:54  #30

The Wolf huffed in agreement with Neer while Alma watched quietly, not sure on what to quite say.

(I MISSED SO MUCH WHFJSJFJ)

Last edited by Echo (October 24, 2021 14:03:25)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

Board footera