HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 10, 2023 18:46:02  #6901

Re: Unlimited Chatting, Planning, and Weird Things ~ (@GalaxE and Spec)

[Allen]
You say that like they’ve already kidnapped affiliated people in the past…
Oh I think it’d be a little better than that. At least you can count on Allen to say a greeting and try to strike up a conversation about the weather out of politeness but Kiaane doesn’t get the hint and after a while Allen is comfortably silent too bc he notices the other isn’t much of a talker so then they just stand there.
You should’ve told me xD I would’ve given Allen a little more initiative if I knew, but to me Nagesh’s actions seemed so natural that I didn’t guess you were having trouble. I did feel bad for not helping further the thread through my involved character’s actions tho.

[Yvonne]
I think the only way the thread could be ruined is by one of the participants offering to teleport the involved characters out of the space and back to the Clocktower lol. Dw, I already told you I’d let you know if anything feels wrong to me.
Alright then, that’s great! It means the buildup will HOPEFULLY be interesting to you xD

[Museum Thread Continuation]
Oh oops I didn’t remember Basket Cat was a deity haha. Hmm, for other characters I think… maybe Phoenix? I think that was her name. She’s unaffiliated as well afaik, I mean, aside from being Pollo’s older sister.  Tbh I really think you should ask Eliza on what her available characters are bc memory is failing me.

[Germaine and Hitan]
That’s an interesting possibility. In GGaD thread order is a bit of a mess, so I wouldn’t mind talking this over. Perhaps on live chat too? For things like these when it’s a bit more delicate to come to an agreement (from my part at least) I prefer talking it out in real time. If adding another topic to the list doesn’t bother you of course.
Yeah looking back I feel like my posts lacked quality. Then again most of the time I was speed typing on borrowed devices so… but I still could’ve put more effort in. I think Germaine and Hitan worked together pretty well though! Each was focused on a different part of the situation, so it seemed okay to me.
Tbh I just kinda went with it bc I figured it was one of your mysterious things again… but I’d totally love to know more about what went on specifically. I sort of understand he used some strange power to teleport her out? Nah if you really think your communication skills are that bad then don’t worry and just go ahead. I’ll put on sunglasses to read just in case.
I doubt there’s any stalker dedicated enough to read through the walls of text we use to communicate but if there’s anyone else reading all this way, then, congratulations, I guess.

[Germaine's Mindset (& extra topics)]
Ngl if there’s anything I want Hitan to remember positively from Germaine’s character it’s definitely not that. I’ll eventually figure out how to deal with that.
Galaxian’s unique immortality is something that’s intrigued me for a long time. But I guess it’s not the place or time to find out more about it yet lol.
Believe me that I’d love to do so myself. Unfortunately we still don’t know who they are or what their power is . I hope I can give them a good beating in-game in the future, if that becomes possible I’ll get in one strike for you.
I think that would explain why people who experienced the same thing tend to have different points of views on events. Psychology is very interesting.

[Other topics]
Sure thing, since the weekend is coming up and all, probs will slow down again haha. I’m looking forward to next week then! Just let me know about your availability and I’ll see what I can do. Meanwhile I’ll try to organize my thoughts to see if we can give the chatting session some structure for once.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 11, 2023 00:41:25  #6902

[Allen]
*innocent smile*
Rip on the weather topic, I remember Nagesh implying that as being boring LOL

Allen: (*mentions the weather*)
Kiaane: (*Vietnam flashbacks [in addition to autism and communication disorders :-P]*)

Also yeah it's just the usual with him--him actually having E.Q. while I bullcrap my way through everything. Oh well.

[Yvonne]
When the problem doesn't exist because Huanhuan isn't OP enough lol

[Museum Thread Continuation]
Alrighty, your recommendation is taken into consideration.

[Live Chat "Planning"]
Do you want to compile the possible structures/topics we need to go over? In addition to what we've mentioned, I'd like to talk about continuing F/DA as well (though maybe I'd just go back on it right away so maybe that's not a good idea). I could do this but I feel like the way I do it is mostly reserved for me. It's possible it just gives others mini-strokes. Idk lol. Lemme know how you'd like to go about it.
Schedule-wise, I go on break Thursday, so Thursday evening could work for me, but otherwise we'd have to talk the following week. I'll be out for Friday, and weekends aren't open for you in my understanding.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

March 12, 2023 22:39:03  #6903

[Live Chat "Planning"]
Sure. Here's a sort of list:
- Germaine and Hitan relationship, thread chronology and extra stuff
- Mamba and Cheetah's current whereabouts + ideas for the future?
- Galaxian and Bixbite, plans for decorruption and figuring out what to do with Shatter going forward (I have a suggestion but I'd like to reach an agreement together)
- How/when to continue F/DA

I'll try to be there, I'll let you know if anything comes up. The rest of this month should be pretty free for me and yeah weekends tend to be complicated bc I don't have a set schedule so I could very well go out or stay at home all day. In any case, I really won't be available this Saturday bc I already arranged for some things I'll be doing. How long does your break last?

[Extra topic]
I was hoping to bring this up in a future live chat session but Ik we always get distracted and either way the thought was gnawing on my mind for a long time so
Did you ever continue writing the AgK! AU?

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 13, 2023 02:06:41  #6904

Thanks! Hopefully I'll remember to read through the messages. Though I did realize I accidentally made my deadline date one day earlier than usual (the original deadline was Thursday at 23:59 my time, not Wednesday,,, lol). Also, no worries if you can't make it. We'll have another week after that one to meet up and touch bases on these topics.

[AgK!]
I haven't forgotten about it, but I also haven't worked on it in a while. I realized how bad I was at writing and mostly long-term planning, and I'm still not too sure how to correct that writing-wise and coordination-wise (relating to others' characters). Was there something you wanted to bring up relating to that?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 14, 2023 16:07:52  #6905

I guess I was just wondering about it and with the suspense of what would happen next after Ch 1, so rereading it with a passion didn't help with trying to be patient for any updates lol. Unless you did mention any updates in your homethread and I missed them (in which case I apologize). But I guess it's mostly the hype coming back to me with a vengeance haha. Because you even made that thread for AU-specific IQs and updates and it's just kinda there. So maybe I'd appreciate if you mentioned the project a bit more? I don't know when or if you plan on continuing it but either way I'm still interested and you have my support. Also I was rereading my forms and I'm kinda cringing at the way I used language back then. I mean not that I'm much better now but I can think of many improvements that could've been done if I didn't rush my forms to send in just withing a few days. 
Also was thinking of illustrating a scene from Ch 1 but I realized I don't know how the characters look like,,, lol.

Btw a close up from one of the AgK! version of Spec I drew a few days ago. (Dunno how much you changed the character so it's just a random thing that might not necessarily be in-character anymore). 
Look at 'em.

Not a single thought behind those eyes.
Well, singular eye I guess.
Since I took to drawing my characters again recently I tried out light redesigns (from my original version of their outfits) and in the end I decided that they were okay without a full revamp bc the AgK! universe doesn't have many full-on fantasy clothes. It's been fun to see how my style has changed comparing the latest sketches to the ones I've been doing before.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 15, 2023 03:14:49  #6906

Rip, I really did get bit with the "people can reread" bug. But thanks for the support. I do think it's logical for me to have put it off because my story coordinating abilities are horrible. I mean, I can't even make up a short story sometimes, it seems. But I don't feel like abandoning it would be right either. I suppose improvement is needed, as always, and lots of it at that.

Specter's existence singularly proves that Spanish exists in AgK! (jk)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 16, 2023 15:08:32  #6907

Well, you know yourself better than us, so it's probably best to trust your judgement on that. I'll just be looking forward to when more of the cast is introduced so that IQs and art and headcanons can be made. Y'know, the kind of extra media that comes with all works. 

I was about to say that I drew in Spanish but that doesn't sound right lol. Just take it as artist additions.

I think I'll have the afternoon free. Let me know when you're ready to go and I'll reply as soon as I can. Can you use Rumbletalk?

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 16, 2023 18:08:28  #6908

Sorry, I'm on my old device 'cause my school blocked every form of messaging possible. Rumbletalk does not work, so here's the Chatzy link.
https://us29.chatzy.com/61290167601894

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 16, 2023 21:45:40  #6909

About the current F/DA thrad, I forgot to ask you if there was something specific you needed me to narrate. Originally I thought of only narrating Lux standing there but do you have something thought out for the room and all that?

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 17, 2023 03:57:52  #6910

I don't think so. But I do ask that you join in on the setting narrations and stuff when you feel like it, since I'd prefer incoherence in small details over feeling like I'm the only one making it up. It kinda feels awkward, y'know?
Thanks for asking!

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 17, 2023 11:38:54  #6911

I'll keep that in mind! I tend to have a problem that I give thread narration duties to others a lot lol so that's on me. 
Rn the only thing I was wondering is, does the booked room have one or two beds? I don't remember very well if the room was intended for Lux's sole use or if Sunny also thought of staying there for some time. Bc Iirc he wanted to set up base somewhere else.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 17, 2023 23:11:56  #6912

No problem.
It has one. Sunny passing out on the floor is way too funny to me.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 17, 2023 23:26:16  #6913

Also:

Happy belated birthday! We will pretend I can create gifts. Lol.
I'm sure the coming year will be bright and prosperous for you :D
Also I'm just gonna pretend that this fulfills the requirements of that art sharing/trade thing we had going on a few years ago. What do you mean the point wasn't to ruin how your characters actually look? :D?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 18, 2023 05:18:10  #6914

I'm speechless if you read this before I get around to posting a more detail post then just know I'm very grateful

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 19, 2023 22:56:21  #6915

Kay so! First of all thank you very much for the gift!!! I love Laurie and Manai so much ghnfhjjgd (plus I'm 👁👁 at the reference for Manai) and I love how natural and happy they look there. I guess Laurie is wearing a blouse she got somewhere? Not really sure abt that but I like the design, something different than what I usually have her wear haha. Anyways I'm not here to give an art critique but I just really loved the art, uwu. What did you imagine the setting to be? To me it looks like they're in a park plaza.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 19, 2023 23:11:59  #6916

Hey, thanks for the commentary. And yes, please don't give an art critique; I ordinarily would never have shared this at all lol. I am more than cognizant of the problems in it.
I dunno about the setting; I was thinking just some really nice city I guess. Lol. It does kinda look like a park now that you mention it, though.
I'm going to assume that you were out all day and can't make it to a chat session. You mentioned you would be free 'Sunday evening" but I wasn't sure what "evening" meant for you so yeah. Have a good night!

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 19, 2023 23:38:42  #6917

Very cute nonetheless  I appreciate the gesture

Yeah I had to do unplanned stuff unfortunately would've returned earlier otherwise.
I'm free all week though I think! Just lmk, I think you've got this week free too, right?

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 19, 2023 23:44:04  #6918

In theory, but actually I might not be available most days. I stole my mom's computer today because I thought you would be available but don't intend on doing so most days. Plus I have some stuff I need to do.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 20, 2023 08:40:36  #6919

Aw man I'm sorry about that 😔 
Alright then, it might be helpful if we choose one or two days specifically to talk things out. I don't want to take up all your time chatting either.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 21, 2023 01:46:50  #6920

I don't mind chatting at all--I actually think it's a pity we don't have a live chat around anymore (not in terms of productivity tho lol)--but this is weird for me, having to plan these times when I suck at planning but also not being planned enough for that coordinated side of me. Also I know there are probably better things for you to be doing, I suck at chatting when it's actually planned, and yeah, not the greatest lol.
So what day is best for you? Wednesday is out of the question now for me. I'll have to go out again. But otherwise Tuesday (today) and Friday work for me, and technically Thursday too but I probably will be really tired then.
Also a time range would be nice so I can ask my mom for her computer then. The night thing from the day before yesterday tripped me up a lot, I realized.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 21, 2023 11:00:42  #6921

Ah yes, the memories of hanging out on live chat while waiting for someone to see and get online too lol. But I wouldn't worry too much, I think that as long as we get through the slight awkward start of a planned session everything flows just fine. At least imo. 
Today should be a good day! I'll be free from 3 PM your time and on. I think it might be a good idea for me to hop on the chatroom and wait to see if you can get online as well. I'll let you know through here if I have to log off at some point.  On Friday it should be similar for me except I can also chat from 8pm your time and on. I wouldn't count on Thursday because I have to do something in the afternoon and on and iirc that's around the time you're online, so it wouldn't match up.
Other than that you can probably catch me online on this boardhost all day or almost all day haha.

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (March 21, 2023 12:56:33)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 22, 2023 12:55:02  #6922

Btw if we want to develop the RIP AU more we should probably make like a checklist or smthn idk

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 22, 2023 12:55:25  #6923

Mostly what I was thinking was that if the names would be different or what the name origin would be

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 23, 2023 03:37:38  #6924

(*glances at nonexistent agenda/priority list creation abilities*) :D?
A very good thought that I don't have ideas for. Since for some reason my mind is adamant on denying Mamba the possibility of having a "real name" lol. The way I was thinking about it was defaulting to Mamba and Cheetah somehow being their magical names but I'm up to changing that (entirely or partially). Also another hack I just found out is I can override that no-natural-names instinct by making his name a joke and calling him Fred or something (jk)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 23, 2023 13:40:42  #6925

Well this AU is all over the place rn in terms of development xD we've got the main idea and that's what counts tho right?

No poor guy you just made him nameless xD. And, ywah, I was thinking those could've been their magical names/titles, but then, why would they choose those names? Were the names bestowed upon them magically? Because if there isn't an exact reason (and I say this because I can't easily imagine them having the masks) then another name might as well fit them better.
Bruh Fred xDDD  this reminds me of how Cheetah's original name was going to be Rosa, like her non-MO name back when I was typing her form and developing a little, but I thankfully decided against that and now. she's. Ig she's nameless lol because I wasn't able to decide on a new one. Fred and Rosa, sounds kinda cursed.

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (March 23, 2023 13:41:07)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 23, 2023 17:05:03  #6926

Yeah and it has always been this way from what I can tell. R.I.P. lol. 

That first sentence made me think of this--
Me, triumphantly: He has no name!
You: You aren't human!
(Lancer ga shinda! Kono hito de nashi!)
I dunno, just the formatting/syllables placement I guess lol.

Yeah I'm not too sure either, but also something on my end in favor of the names: If they keep those then the news can call them "the Cheater and the Man-Boy" (we love my aptitude with nicknames lol). 
The only Rosa I know is Rosa Parks...
Also Fred is just an ongoing joke just so you know, it has no affiliation with the Mamba specifically. Actually, I've called myself Fred before too.
Anyhow, I think their nicknames probably have to do their their designs, though not calling Mamba Mamba is...weird? For me? Lol.

[Echo]
I wanted to let you know that Echo's break starts Saturday (this week), so if you have time over the weekend or on Monday maybe the three of us (and maybe others too??) could get together!

[F/DA]
Also just bringing this back for a moment. For the next thread, I was wondering if you wanted Sollux to wake up when Sunny is departing? If not, then I can just plow on with narration in the first post to the summoning, and maybe Sunny, Caster, and Sollux can have breakfast together or something. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 23, 2023 17:35:31  #6927

Idk I think we made good progress with F/DA lol

Bruh xD 

The,,, the Man-Boy,,, xDDDDDD I have no idea where the news get those ideas for nicknames and all that that they give to people and all. I'm not that creative, or maybe not in that aspect.
I know a lot of Rosas so the name feels very, very ordinary to me. If I had to choose another one it'd be different. 
What do we even want the designs to be? I know Cheetah's design would probably not have a cheetah aesthetic, but also, what kind of magic does she have and why, because the design and all will impact her name.
Also can I keep the knife wand :D (jk this is probably going to be changed along with the design, eventually)

[Echo]
Oh I'd love that! I am fairly sure that I have this sunday night (8+ pm my time) free, so it's a matter of seeing if the others can also be there. My classes start Monday but I should have the afternoon free.

[F/DA]
I was planning to have her sleep in haha, maybe until noon or something. I'd love to see them have breakfast together! I think it'd be cute haha.
(Little addition: maybe Lux can help with the extra clothing for Caster)

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (March 23, 2023 17:35:58)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 23, 2023 17:56:25  #6928

With the plot? :') also the general premise was pretty much copied since it's an AU xD rip

I think the designs then have to do with the setting/premise of magic in the world (so basically world dev)...
Of course you can keep the knife wand, never ask me for any permission :D

[Chatting (w/ Echo?)]
Okay, noted.

[F/DA]
That works out, actually! Maybe they could have lunch or a general meeting together then. It probably is more logical for Sunny to make sure he has a grasp of Caster's character (and vice versa) before any introductions go about.
Also yeah she should definitely help with clothing; I can see Sunny accidentally buying him a dress. :-P

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 23, 2023 18:15:38  #6929

Oh right lol

Did we decide on what kind of world it was? And something else, I was thinking that maybe the pair at first really did end up doing some good for the city, but soon after just went around doing whatever they thought was "good".
Yay :D

[F/DA]
Gotcha! I'm looking forward to that then hehe. Caster will, uh, be there, and Lux goes with the flow, so I don't worry much about them.
Lol well Caster pretty much wears a dress in his Servant form

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 23, 2023 18:55:48  #6930

We didn't. And yeah since they're a Neutral pair they probably end up helping somewhat,,, I think,,, I hope. I guess what they do depends on the track of the plot :')

[F/DA}
It turns out Sunny's clothes were the true catalyst,,,
I mostly just put the interaction out there as a maybe because I don't know how much you like having 2 of your characters there while I only have one. Iirc it's a precedent (outside of Dalia and Allen for a few posts).
Do you want the next thread out ASAP?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera