HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 1, 2023 03:29:21  #6871

Re: Unlimited Chatting, Planning, and Weird Things ~ (@GalaxE and Spec)

I tried to add at least one section for Kiaane/Martin and maybe Rai/Dion, but ultimately I found that I don't think I have anything new to say. Sorry 'bout that. Maybe one year lol.

{Galaxian and Bixbite}
I hope you'll pardon the semi-formality here. Basically what I was thinking was that Galaxian might be one of the individuals most likely to help deal with her situation. Here are the reasons I came up with on my end:

1. I'm guessing that most of the people who knew her in-RP are now inactive, and so someone working to de-corrupt her/sort out her situation with her backstory/Shatter (excluding GGaD!Xenon, who I know you might've made plans about some time before and who maybe would've helped her after Oganesson himself died) would have to be someone else, with a motive other than "I was friends with her a long time ago and have now decided to prioritize this matter." (it's a bit harsh on her friends for sure but I'm trying to speed through this xD)
-> On that note, I don't know if GGaD!Time interacted with her at all, but it certainly doesn't seem to be a priority for him to deal with her situation specifically (and logically so, since Oblivion and Senshei are both there, not to mention the literal ringleader of the group), and so I'm not sure of other candidates who might be related to her. 

2. Galaxian meddles with a lot of things in general, but first of all, his character was supposed to center strongly on the Corrupted Deities. Basically "he cannot be corrupted, but what is the true meaning of corruption?" That sort of thing. Sorry, that's probably cringe. But that does give a significant motive for why he might continue to be tied to the CDs, even if he technically no longer has a reason to be connected with them.

3. ...except he does. And I'm not even talking about the obvious (his current state is still strongly tied to Enochi, even if that's a thread that might never be resolved). I'm talking about that one meeting he had with Bixbite, whereupon he either actually or mentally swore to help her (I forget). As mentioned, he likes to meddle a lot, and although I phrase it so negatively, it's inherently a rather nice thing imo, with him being very empathetic and wanting to help others. So if whatever outcome you want with her involves her at least getting separated from her corrupted counterpart, I think it would make sense for Galaxian to have acted on it. Because he's the one deity who doesn't really need a reason--and if he has one, then all the better. 

4. Fourth, I have a good idea of how Galaxian views most of the CDs, and for Shatter, I'm pretty sure he views her as almost separate from the lot. Like not exactly a true exception, since I know some CDs aren't bloodthirsty and he wouldn't generalize like that, but it would make sense for him to try to understand her as well. The impression I get from Shatter is that she's really just tagging along with the others and doesn't really know for sure what she wants--almost like she reflects Bixbite's insecurity (:--and I think that's something that could, again, rationalize for any actions Galaxian could take. Essentially, his ultimate objective would be to help Bixbite, but he wouldn't just completely ignore how Shatter is, just like he didn't see Senshei as a false god because of her past crimes. So regardless of how you'd want to handle Shatter, I think he'd be a nice option.

I probably came across pretty strong with those reasons, but to sum it up--if your objective is to de-corrupt Bixbite, I think Galaxian would help, and I think him helping would make sense. But also to add with that, no matter what you want to do with Shatter, I think he could also (try to) help her as well. It's just a thought--really, probably a thought that serves my character more--but if you think any of this can be of help to you in what you want to do with Bixbite/Shatter, just let me know. And it's absolutely no problem if this doesn't make sense to you, or you simply don't like the notion, etc. I'm just happy you listened to (or rather read) this whole incoherent plot-related ramble lol.
Let me know your thoughts if you'd like, or don't if you don't want to. :D

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

March 1, 2023 03:34:10  #6872

[Image Makers]
To end my barrage of posts in a very undignified manner--
Yesss :000 Paymon with loose hair :000 Paymon with let-down hair :000000
I haven't used dollmakers in a long while, but I do remember the details being hard to get right lol. Good luck.

----

I sure hope these posts are readable 'cause I sped through them and didn't really proofread :') sorry for any mistakes.
Again, I'm aware this was a lot, so just pick and choose or something. Do whatever you'd like. I might have to tune down the response time for real though xD, just used these posts to utterly ignore the assignment I was talking about on my homethread lol.
Anyway, have a good day/night, and thanks for chatting with me here.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 1, 2023 19:07:56  #6873

[F/DA Backstory Stuff]
I may be misremembering but wasn't the Thanksgiving event thing mentioned once or twice in live chat and then we didn't mention it much again? Bc now that you brought it up I remembered talking about it, but I don't remember details.

Asdfghjkl Caster tries to figure out if his Master got sick from sheer embarrassment

Alright, I don't think I have anything else to comment on the friendly family for now.
Hmm, I think Paymon would've tried to teach her if she didn't know by the time they started to meet. Perhaps she learned along with her children's schooling?
Xenia tries putting hearts into everything she does with a pen and from just doing it so much her handwriting eventually starts to look like this

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 1, 2023 19:16:51  #6874

[Mafia Game]
I could go more into detail and quote parts of my narration actually! Like the roles aren't revealed until the game ends, so most of the time the townsfolk won't know if they've voted for a mafia or a fellow citizen, so I make sure to keep that doubt in their mind after the first or second votings or any time I see them particularly insecure about their votes.
Yeah my rules are ones my group and I have agreed upon, though depending on how many people there are and how well acquainted they are with the game I'll tweak them a little. And ooooh there was a Werewolf event? I missed the whole Requiem event ): heard it was board game themed though. 
Oh, the idea is very similar actually! Except that I make it more story-like and use varied wording, lol obviously there's going to be differences between AI narrating a template and a human person making up a story. But the general idea is the same really.
I like to play with at least 7 people, because that's the minimun I've found out that works with 2 mafia, and it's always more fun to play with 2 mafia. But I've done a 5-person game with 1 mafia and no special roles. Last week's game was the biggest one I've had so far! 14 people, 3 mafias and both special roles. It was also the first set of games I've narrated in English and it was so much fun.
Oh well mafias always lie about their innocence. I was talking about people faking the special roles, but if I had to point out another difference idk.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 1, 2023 19:45:55  #6875

{Wiley and Aurae}
Just want to make clear that when talking abt this pair I wasn't expecting a future interaction, it was just me talking about my thoughts on them lol.
Tbh if I had someone were to help with the plot idea I have, it probably wouldn't be Wiley. I'm sorry but that's the truth (as of now). Also, Aurae's technically well off atm, at least well enough that she has her basic needs met. But she's also hanging out mostly in the Medieval Sect, so there's another reason for her to not easily meet Wiley again.
This was probably obvious in her intro thread, but the main thing that's a problem for her right now is that her memories from her past life are interfering with her current perception of reality, either in the form of intrusive thoughts or seeing things that aren't there (seeing different appearances for people, losing directions, mixing up names, having forgot a bunch of important events in her life, etc.). Her mind's a mess in that area. Plus she's not even sure she ever died, so yay, timeline perception and memory issues! Aside from that she can function just fine bc most of the time the confusions are a temporary notions in her mind and she can snap to attention in a matter of seconds. Unfortunately, she hasn't figured out there's something wrong with her mind. So ye, that's her current status.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 1, 2023 23:39:43  #6876

{Death and Dalia/Allen}
I feel like I've said most of what needed to be said about Dalia in this part. I think we agree that this pair isn't available for interaction unless plot, and that's far for now. Lmk if you notice or feel I skipped over something you wanted a comment on.
For Allen's part in this topic I think it's pretty much the same. I never thought about him and Stockholm syndrome but now that you mention it, it kinda makes sense lol. Except factoring a couple more things in.

{Nagesh and Allen}
Yep, again I say that in replying to the pairs in detail I wasn't thinking of opening up more threads. Like, if an idea comes up and we use it for a thread then cool, I'd love that! But practicality, and this was more for fun I think.
So basically he's OP but nobody knows him well enough to trust his OPness XD? That was in a jk way btw, I think it's probably more like you said that his bonds with others aren't deep enough yet.
Ngl I think Allen would probably resist being "rescued" unless he has a change of heart/mind. Like he's a mess in that area of his relationship with his sister. *sighs* why did I make him like this again?
I gotta reread that thread, I have vague memories but details escape me lol. But either way I agree that there isn't much we can do with this pair atm. Sorry to Nagesh for having Allen be RP-locked. I'm sure their friendship would've flourished in time if suff hadn't happened.
lol
I'll be honest and say Allen never thinks about fighting people he's close to. If he's ordered to fight then he'll probably try to get some intel or figure out things so he's not going in blind, but he's very... in the moment? Idk if you've noticed from your interactions with him but he really does not think long-term.
And yeah, he's not a super duper powerful person, but he knows how to hold his own in a fight! Starting with the fact that he got military training in his mortal life, and afterwards he obviously had to train to help out Dalia in her rise to power. But I'd say he's more suited for assasinations, which is what he excels at and has done many times before. A better trained person could overpower him in a one-on-one fight.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 2, 2023 01:23:39  #6877

[Thanksgiving Event Idea]
Yeah, pretty much. Probably because the F/GO iterations of the characters aren't consistent. 

[Paymon and Xenia]
I hope you don't mind me changing the tags.
Sounds cool, though Xia's a really slow learner and all I can imagine when Paymon's trying to teach her and the kids is the rest of the family starting to draw a whole hecking maze in the field instead of learning the difference between "B" and D" while he just has to watch (or join in, but y'know xD)
Another funny aspect is I think Sollux probably would be able to learn faster than Sunny because he's not a very good student. I dunno why but this is hilarious to me
Also a misplaced apology here; I forgot to put it before, but I'm responding just because I don't want to forget my thoughts again like before.

Gotta love how that font makes me feel like I have dyslexia
Tbh there's this situation where Xia takes forever to write anything because she's trying to remember how she stylized something, and for a long time Paymon doesn't catch on because he thinks she was writing in another language. It's this one time where she asks him a question about a word and reads what she currently has that he makes out some of the letters and realizes they're actually in English (or whatever language they actually speak lol). 

[Mafia Game]
Feel free to do so if you'd like!
It was just part of the event and it was painful to read through. Plus the board game mechanic was kinda horrible too (you had to roll very specific, non-designated spots to get copies of Erice), so I'd say that event was okay skipping. Except for Voyager content. That's definitely a pity.
I mean even the innocent were lying about others and themselves, but I see.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 2, 2023 01:32:16  #6878

{Aurae and Wiley}
Gotta love memory issues. And okay, I see. I maybe interpreted your posts too seriously then. Maybe it comes from me not participating in threads too much nowadays. I apologize.
On the plot front, you don't have to apologize at all. I think he and I actually agree it's for the better. (Well, for different reasons, but alas.)

{My Characters and the Twins}
I ended up re-reading threads for both Death and Nagesh and boy did I forget how unnerving Death is (imo). I dunno. Freaky. But I was okay with how I POVed them for the most part (I mean I don't think I could do better now), and overall it's okay. And plot movements tend to be wonky, so for once I'm giving myself some leeway.
Talking about Nagesh now, I like to think it's something along those lines, though I think Time might know him better. It's just funnier for me to imagine their hypothetical friendship being strong enough that Nagesh is tasked with protecting Chronos, but simultaneously Time also has to think consciously about it to remember why he made that tasking decision.
Well, you know, knocking people out works wonders for resistance, you know! (*glances at certain OC*) (: And then just send 'em to therapy! They'll understand later!
But in more seriousness, that's pretty concerning. He didn't get brainwashed again, did he??
Assassination tidbit just reminds me of his origin so very much xD (Daughter of Evil series lol) anyways Dalia and Allen kinda remind me of the Dioscuri in a vague way. I think my brain is branching out too much lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 2, 2023 18:06:38  #6879

[Paymon and Xenia]
Not at all. It's better tot keep things organized.

Paymon: p b d q
Xenia: :0?

F/DA Sollux is a pretty good student bc it's her daily life but unfortunately GGaD Lux doesn't care about learning and so she's meh in the learning area. Tbh she really doesn't care about a lot of things.

Paymon, reading Xenia's handwriting: Ah, my 𝔅𝔈𝔏𝔒𝔙𝔈𝔇 knows the 𝔏𝔄𝔑𝔊𝔘𝔄𝔊𝔈 of the ℜ𝔘𝔑𝔈𝔖!
Paymon, after squinting at the paper for half an hour: Oh wait this just says "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog"

[Mafia Game]
Thinking about it I think that quoting myself isn't necessary and it'd probably not be as exciting with context. But I'm glad you liked the idea at least lol.
Yeah I would've wanted to at least try pulling for Voyager TT^TT do you know when or if he's having a rerun?
Huh,,, *intrigued*

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (March 2, 2023 18:07:06)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 2, 2023 18:30:04  #6880

{Your Characters and the Twins}
I personally really like the way you roleplayed Death. With my characters I often have the "issue" that they act a certain way that does not reflect the way I think about others' OCs. Also rereading the thread with Death tbh I'm quite... disappointed in how I portrayed Allen. He feels so bland to me xD did you get that feeling from his part as well? I think I did a good job in showing parts of his character but blargh there's just so much lack of reaction and mildness to his words that... ew I don't know if it's because his character is like that or I was just being a terrible narrator. Tbh maybe this strong feeling will fade if I stop overthinking but right now I'm very disappointed in past me. 
I have a feeling that you might need to talk about Time and Nagesh's relationship details with forumer Time, bc I think there's a lot of things that might've happened behind the scenes for Time to have trusted Nagesh with Chronos' safety.
I dream of one day meeting a psychologist deity/character in the rp so they can try to fix other characters and end up traumatized themselves
Well, partially it's because Allen has had a lot of wear and tear going back and forth between deities and loyalties and all that, and I would like him to be more or less stable until I can get on to his character arc. Once I have a clearer idea of how to go about that, I think it'd be fine to introduce more conflict to Allen and maybe even throw in a little magic because why not? Well, really, atm I can't state much because my thoughts lack solid shape. I'll say though that there's the issue of the "promise" Allen mentioned, an oath that carried on from his mortal life into immortality and then gained enough weight to tie their destinies together. It's something very interesting to me and I'd love to explore it more in-rp once the time comes. Does the prospect seem interesting or intriguing to you?
Well, yes! While the original forms and idea for the twins was something different, finding out about the Daughter of Evil series at the time of starting their stories in the roleplay influenced me way too much xD so the characters were changed. Dalia has undergone even more changes than other characters of mine, because of how indecisive I was before, to the point in which I wasn't even sure her personality was a product of experiences or an external force. But with time I managed to set my ideas down. And I feel that her and Allen's story is a very interesting one. Would you like to read a summary?

Still on the topic of Nagesh but going out a bit, what do you think of his relationship with Yvonne?

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 2, 2023 18:36:27  #6881

{Raez and Dilanne}
Nah no worries. I was just intrigued by what you could've thought xD. I don't seem to recall anything amnesia-related in Signora's story though? 

Not much else to reply to the middle part other than I'm glad Dilanne's attitude doesn't bother Raez. She too would be unbothered by him not sharing anything, though she might have tried every now and then to prod a for details just out of curiosity. 
I may be misremembering but didn't Raez dislike humidity bc of his hair or special skin or something? I have a feeling I read something about that in his character page or you mentioned it. And lol I don't think Dilanne has done many water-related sports. If anything, the image that comes to myind is her falling off the ship while holding a rope and just being dragged behind at a super fast speed XD
Swimming is what she likes best, but she struggles to keep her human appearance if she's in water for too long a time. I think she'd be thrilled to try out other sports if she learned of them.

{Laurie and Manai} 
:D
I don't think I feel much hesitation in your Alternate posts, so congrats on that aspect haha. As for the museum thread, have you tried contacting Eliza about it? Ik she loves to have characters talk and has a lot of very interactive characters so she could be a good choice if you want to find someone to continue the thread.
Eventually I hope to figure out how to bring about Laurie's character development. Rn I haven't even involved her with other characters that aren't yours and that isn't a very good start for someone I intended. Dw though you're not at  fault here, it's my lack of imagination and initiative striking and hampering Laurie's development in the world of Forengard. But I am very satisfied with her knowing Manai and the others! They all deserve more love <3

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (March 2, 2023 18:40:45)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 2, 2023 18:44:05  #6882

I unfortunately haven't found a dollmaker to try Paymon in but I found one I liked and tried it out with some other characters.

GGaD and F/DA Sollux. I messed around with the clothing but couldn't quite get GGaD Lux's style right so I just picked the darker option bc why not.

Dion looking cute and surprisingly not very angry?

Yvonne :D but I couldn't get her pupil shape or sparkling irises right ):

This is unrelated but once you have more time I'd like to hear your opinion on Yvonne! She's a dear OC of mine and I'm curious.

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (March 2, 2023 18:44:41)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 3, 2023 03:38:03  #6883

Gonna hold off on responding so we can get caught up, but I do have my responses down already, so let me know if you can keep track of all the overlapping posts. If that's the case, I can just send my response tomorrow.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 3, 2023 15:50:58  #6884

All the typing about Allen made me go and look for this drawing which I thought you might like

It's the latest sketch I've drawn of Allen. I've yet to draw him in color again lol. 
Anyways I'm thinking of changing his coattails because the way thry're drawn there they make me think of a cricket.
As the days pass more and more I think that I should probably do an art dump bc I've got a couple neat things I think would be cool to share.

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (March 3, 2023 15:51:30)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 3, 2023 15:59:03  #6885

I don't mind catching up really. In fact, it's probably good to slow down a bit. But could you at least reply to one post if you can? I love waking up to a new reply uwu, though how much I will reply to depends on how distracted/busy I'm through the days. Like, ironically, weekends are often the busiest days in my week lol.

{Germaine and Hitan}
Their focus on life is praobbly very influenced by their current situations and I don't blame either of them for acting the way they do. I'm sure they have better attitudes towards their troubles than whatever could do if I were in their place lol.
Darn when you mentioned the PTSD I cringe so hard because that caught me really unawares in the thread and all my braincells became a criss-crossed mess worse than when one fails the wires tasks at Electrical in Among Us so not only did I not think much in-character for Germaine but I also made her act in whatever way and I'm very disappointed in myself in that spart psecifically. Not that I know I could do any better nowadays, but ugh. Not your fault btw I think I should've thought about the thread situation more carefully. I just wonder and wonder if that could've been avoided by not having Germaine talk about that topic (then again neither her nor I knew that Hitan would have a bad reaction to that). But, returning to the deity meeting thing, I may be misremembering but didn't Hermaine see Hitan's wings or something? 
Taking a slight change in direction to mention something that's been on my mind. I think (I say I think but this is actually canon) Germaine sometimes wonders the reason for her existence and if there's any purpose to it. Because for all the good she does for others, they'll eventually die too and what will all her effort come to in the end? She's not contributing anything large to the good of Forengard itself, and not everyone appreciates what she does for others. Anyways that line of thought is something I haven't explored much in the roleplay because I don't know if it'd be such a good thing to do, but it's a part of Germaine's doubts. She just distracts herself from those thoughts by doing her daily tasks and things. Sometimes I think she may have some degree of depression but doesn't acknowledge it and instead chooses to do others things to avoid going down a darker path of thoughts. I guess part of that comes from being a character who definitely gives more to others than what she receives from them.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 3, 2023 21:48:42  #6886

{Cheetah and Mamba}
I'd love to see the Mamba's pov on life and relationships. For the Cheetah's pov I think it's something that one realizes more through her actions rather than something she'd say out loud. She believes in a sort of survival of the fittest thing, mostly geared towards herself instead of towards others. Fits right in with her focus on life which is: not dying. But it's a lot in a case by case basis, because she gives different people varying degrees of trust, and if she were betrayed by any of them she'd first blame herself for being weak rather than questioning why she was betrayed. That said, she's someone who will yield instead of fighting to the death if doing that preserves her life. Like in that one thread where I think the Mamba had like a grapple fight or something with Cheetah and completely overpowered her? And after a while she realized she couldn't win and just stopped resisting, bc at that point she has the idea that "she's at his mercy" bc she "can't do anything else for her own life". So, things like that. It's a very general thing because she's mentally unstable but yeah. Also she probably has some sort of anxiety disorder because she's in a constantly aware state (Ik it doesn't fit in with her slightly clumsy nature, but it's more like she'd react quickly to things) and that's also whhy she kinda can't sleep and not nap and it's hard for her to get rest. But no worries if she's immortal, right?
Unfortunately, I have to announce that the Cheetah has probably gone with the A.A. and the Mamba. I don't think she'd want to be alone again. She'd feel very lonely and lost, maybe even without a purpose, andddd I know she's not the most stable person but it'd definitly be counterproductive to her mental stability. So, if you don't mind, she'll have gone with the pair. Even just tagging along and making herself "useful" really, so as to not get abandoned and left behind. Feel free to tell me if you're not okay with this or what you think their current situation is.
I'd love to figure out something to do with this pair ngl. For the Cheetah I don't have much of a plan--the purpose of her character was doing weird stuff and interacting with the MOs, so I haven't planned anything special for her yet. However, if I were to do something or use a little more of her in-depth character, I'd probably try to draw on some things related to her backstory. Either that or give her hardships based on her life philosophy.

Yep, the Cheetah tries hard to be capable and self-sufficient if she has to be on her own. It's for the reason stated above, that she doesn't want to be discarded (killed) for not being useful enough when she knows things. This merits the question of how in the world she managed to join the MOs in the first place. I think she may have somehow found out about the immortality thing and pleaded to join in exchange of her services but then the others just found her weird (the MOs never seemed to be very united as a group) and so she ended up a loner until the Mamba. Not sure if she or he joined first, but the general idea of the story stands.
Lol the Cheetah and Mamba going out on a fun friendly outing as if going for a milkshake and sandwiches but instead they eat souls.

Depressing? I think it's sad enough that it's obvious neither of the two are in their right minds.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 3, 2023 22:54:54  #6887

{Galaxian and Bixbite}
I somehow feel like this is probably the most important pair to consider rn, so I'm sorry if my reply falls short of expectations.
1. Yep, I talked with Xenon for some things, but they were more general than what you probably thought back then when I mentioned this to you. I've been strongly considering to talk with him again and see if we can change the plan because he's really inactive in-rp and well I can't really work with that. On the topic of friends it's kinda funny to think that Bixbite--who is someone who feared rejection and yet desired deep emotional connection to others--didn't end up with many friends and even fewer people she held close. Time, MJ, and Bengal were the closest acquaintances but all three of them ended up focusing more on their own troubles than on Bixbite herself. I guess I can't blame them that much either since I established from the start that Bix was a sort of minor goddess, like, sure, she's a goddess and she's powerful, but she's very weak both in practical strength and importance when compared to others. Anyway, the only person who was more open to her was GGaD!Xenon. Heck, his caring about her corruption problem led him to become weak to the thing itself. So in that sense it makes sense for Bix to have developed feelings for the other god. Maybe love was involved, but I think it was really more a matter of finally feeling accepted and cared for that led her to believe she was deeply in love (infatuation if you will). I speak in past tense bc this is something I talked about with Xenon and we decided that because of several factors it was better to not develop the ship further. It also fits really well with the direction I had been taking Bix in, so there's no problem at all and everyone benefits from this. The only problem here is that the goddess is effectively left with no friends. Even her daughter is being taken care of by someone else atm.

2. I don't think it's cringe at all, mostly because the Corruption thing was a very big plot point in early GGaD;, big enough that it still affects things now. And I think everyone had their takes on the problem. It's only naturañl that someone would want to explore the subject. I myself don't really know what I was doing back then when I joined the plot, I think I came up with some weird personality disorder crap (I say this bc it was all made up and I had 0 idea of what I was doing along with 0 foresight and no planning) and molded it to the idea of Corruption. Currently, I have a clearer idea of how the thing affects Bixbite and by extension Shatter, but yeah, the beginnings of that thing aren't very nice to remember. Much cringe haha.

3. The one thing that makes me worry about Galaxian helping Bix (or any other character really) is the fact that he has his own things to take care of. He may help a lot of people, but who's there to help him with his issues? If you don't mind that and you think it won't affect him too negatively, then well, sure, we can talk something up. I kinda feel like this is me taking advantage of his helpful disposition and that makes me somewhat uncomfortable.

4. Yeah, for the reason stated in point 2, Shatter is different from the other CDs. To begin with, she just lives. She's quite cruel and everything obviously, since most CDs are supposed to be the embodiement of evil and whatnot, but she has no objective. Even Oblivion has a purpose to his life iirc, while Shatter has none. In fact, she is influenced by Bixbite's insecurity! I'm happy you caught onto that xD. Speaking a bit more specifically I think I dare say Shatter has something similar to a manic-depressive disorder thanks to the way she was created and thanks to her original version. However, something I want to strongly point out is that differently to how other deities have handled their corruption problem, Shatter cannot be separated from Bixbite. She's like a parasite in that sense. If they were separated, Shatter would die, but there is no feasible way to do that (she's not just a consciousness) so the course of action I'd suggest is eliminating the CD part completely. Of course, I want to hear what you think on this because I'm aware Galaxian has a ton of abilities that often defy logic and also it might be something different than what you expected perhaps? If I can provide more info in this area I'd be happy to.
I do want to decorrupt Bixbite. I want to give her a true purpose in the roleplay, because once again this is a result of my noobness of when I first started in GGaD, so I'd at least like to give the matter a succesful closing before leading the character into something that suits my current experience/tastes more without changing the core of what the OC is. An opportunity like this is something I wouldn't dream of refusing but I don't have much idea of how to go about it, so I'll be waiting for your input in this area.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 3, 2023 22:59:28  #6888

I'd also love to talk about the pairs of Kiaane & Martin and Dion & Rai but for the first pair I think we already have a clear idea of what their relationship is like and our ideas for the future so only headcanons remain. And for the second pair, Dion is one of my top characters, y'know, and as much as I'd love to talk about him and explore the relationship through text even more, I have no idea  of where to start or what topic to introduce relating to him xD. Also it's probably wise to close some of our current discussion topics before beginning new ones (watch me accidentally open a new topic instead of sticking to the ones we already have lol). The multi-post format makes it a lot easier for me to keep up and my energy is at good levels lately so I shouldn't have much troubles with replying at a moderate pace. That said, I'll probs slow down this weekend because I have things to do. 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 4, 2023 01:49:40  #6889

Sure. I’ll note that that’s counterintuitive to me personally, at least kind of, but I’ll definitely respect your preferences the best I can. I guess every catch-up day I’ll just post the first thing I typed so the things remaining aren’t dull/boring by comparison. Does that work? You can also do the same if you wish; I'll figure out a system for organization on my own front as well.
For this part, out of interest of not utterly spamming the Recent Posts page, I'll split the topics into 2 or 3 parts and go from there. The system might be a bit wonky right now so I hope you'll bear with me.

----

[Paymon and Xenia]
Love how “:0” is just her emotional default for anything he does xD (my mental image of her is slowly turning to :0 and nothing else :-P) 

The entire half hour she’s just going about her business because she thinks it’s normal to read a sentence for half an hour
I like to imagine the sentence was something he made her copy off a book and so this entire half-hour he’s just been thinking that she did something different/better and analyzed the story or something, but in the end she literally did what she asked xD 

[Voyager Rerun]
I don’t think the event has gotten a rerun, but he has a banner for Chaldea Boys Collection! It’s at the end with someone else (whom I forget but hope isn’t Douman. Maybe that sword dude with the haircut xD). 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 4, 2023 01:51:49  #6890

[My Characters and the Twins]
Thanks! I mean, I don’t think that’s an issue, but maybe I’m interpreting what you’re saying incorrectly.
For Allen’s portrayal, the way he reacted to the situation was a bit cliche (not in a bad way), but I thought the point of his character was kinda that blandness, with him being unable to develop his own self because of the restraints of his sister? Especially with the thread showing how she really never disappears from his life, I thought it was fitting. But maybe I thought wrong lol. What would you have done differently then, if you want to answer that?
Also as a note, for some reason I felt a huge sense of doom and disappointment with me forgetting to explain what Death did ability-wise (in terms of traversing Allen’s setting into Dalia’s domain), so I think that’s a shared feeling. xD But overall Death is pretty terrifying tbh, I’m pretty sure that’s one of the fastest times I’ve seen an underling/subordinate sort of character get something done. Maybe I’m just biased but holy crap xD.

[GGaD!Time and Nagesh]
You’re correct about that, but me? Stop being a coward? No thank you. I think I’ll just keep it this way (feeling like the two of them are pretty close in comparison to how GGaD!Time usually treats others) until something comes up and forces me to talk about it. But the suggestion is appreciated. 

[Therapy in GGaD]
That sentence started off so moral…… 

[Just Allen/Dalia]
Feel free to give that summary if you’d like. I’m not too sure if you’d regret giving it in this form is the thing so yeah xD, but that’s probably just the way I tend to react to telling others things directly (:-P lol). And on the prospect, I’m always excited to see how others develop their characters with meaning, but I’m not too sure what aspect you were directing my attention there, so I can’t really answer specifically. Sorry ‘bout that.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 4, 2023 01:54:52  #6891

[Nagesh and Yvonne/Thoughts on Yvonne] 
This probably sounds vague and maybe even wrong, but I feel like they really have a strong foundation for a friendship even though they’ve only interacted directly in one thread. Kinda like they’re coworkers but have more of a friends vibe even though they still keep most of their interactions within the constraints of work? I know neither of them would describe themselves as being particularly close to the other, but I do get the vibe that with time, Yvonne might be closer to Nagesh than the others in a sense. I hope that assessment doesn’t sound (too) selfish of me, but I suppose this does tie with why I try really hard to keep Nagesh’s attitude towards her consistent. It comes from my own view of Yvonne. Lianhuan and Jenny are both younger than her (emotionally at least lol) to the point where they can’t relate much with her and vice versa, or at least this is what I feel like is substantiated by their overall lack of interaction. And while I’m not sure how GGaD!Time and her interact with each other, he tends to keep people more at arm’s length, as Time himself (the creator) has verified. Same goes with Heaven, though I’m not familiar with her upbringing/rationale relating to her motivations. As for Chronos, even though I know it’s a joke, I’ve always felt this sort of vague…injustice?...when it comes to how she tends to emphasize how much Yvonne sleeps. Like I know she doesn’t mean anything by it, and she’s great (they’re both great), but idk, it can rub me in the wrong way. So I try to have Nagesh reflect his maturity when it comes to his lack of judgment for others, including how much Yvonne may need to sleep. ‘Cause I personally feel like (through your implications) it’s not laziness but something more that maybe should prompt more attention. 
Continuing on my general assessment of Yvonne (which I hope justifies my combining of the prompts/tag names), I can’t say any of the following from what I know of her backstory/plot, because I’m pretty sure Time knows much more about those than I do. However, a big part of how I perceive her is that she’s more of an in-the-background character who is a bit underrated as a result. She doesn’t leave huge impressions on most people outside of her sleepiness, which might be misinterpreted, but she’s obviously a powerful mage who resides within the Clocktower for very valid reasons. Another aspect of her character is how strong her will is, which is one of those things that’s really obvious but seems to fly under the radar for the most part because of it still not being so dominant. I (and Nagesh) can see how hard she works and how much she cares for others, even if she doesn’t know much about them and vice versa. While it’s mysterious and kinda sad if I interpret it a certain way, I think it’s admirable too, being able to care for others without a “strong” reason. Overall, I really anticipate her getting her moments to shine, and also I hope that she will find someone (or multiple someones) who really understands her. 
Otherwise, back to Yvie and Shu’s relationship, I wouldn’t say that he can fulfill the above role, but he’s definitely someone who recognizes others’ potential and their strengths even if he doesn’t say it. As implied by the thread where they talked, he respects her worst-case desire to go down with the Clocktower, but he also is responsible for protecting the welfare of the mages at the Clocktower–not just because it’s his duty but also because he wants to do so. So no matter how she’d react, he’ll try his best to protect her. “After all, that strength is only of use to a living warrior.” I hope that with time, Yvonne will be able to acquaint herself better with the others and that she’ll trust Nagesh as an equal. Maybe she can even ask him for advice if she wants, and vice versa. And for her character, I hope to see more aspects of it within F/DA as well, even if it’s a different universe. :D
Phew, that was a lot. I hope it’s okay, though! And sorry for focusing so much on my own view; as you probably know, Nagesh doesn’t talk much in personal terms even though he’s not an impersonal sort of person, and I didn’t want to sound standoffish on the topic. Here’s to hoping the overall organization is acceptable. (*fingers crossed*) 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 4, 2023 01:58:11  #6892

[Raez & Dilanne] 
I thought La Signora intentionally forgot her past? The intention part obviously isn’t the same, and I might be mistaken.
You got the general idea right! Raez dislikes humidity because it gets his hair to stick on his face, which he doesn’t like, and part of his skin is synthetic (which justifies both preferences). So he’s particular about both dryness and wetness lol. Picky dude. (Joking ofc, he’s pretty justified. Even imagining the feeling of hair getting under my skin or the like is unpleasant.)
That image is very cursed xD
Imagining Raez watching Dilanne turn into a siren/her non-human form and just turning around like nothing happened lol 

[Museum Thread Continuation]
I haven’t. I remember that I considered asking her but didn’t for some reason. The reason’s listed somewhere but I don’t even remember when it was that I thought about this. Just in case though, which of her characters do you think would fit in the group logically? Maybe give me a few ideas so I can match it up later, and anyways I’m sure that if she’s interested, she’ll have a few ideas of her own.  

[Dollmakers]
I’m sorry but the fact that all of them have the same face is really getting me and I dunno why xD
GGaD!Lux looks like an antagonist :-P a very cursed thought for me with context
F/DA Sunny sends some awkward compliments even though I’m pretty sure this is literally just how she looks typically (while GGaD!Sunny remains deafeningly silent…gotta love the differences between personas LOL)
Lol Dion looks like a girl xD but it’s good he doesn’t look (or isn’t?) very angry xD, anger is not good for the body. (I can imagine him making a semi-annoyed face to me saying this lol)
Yvonneee
For some reason reading “sparkling irises” makes my mind think of a joke (that it then laughs at) but I dunno what?? Anyways, very cool, and I like the little star motif things she has on her hair. Are they stickers? 

[Allen Drawing]
Aw, thanks for finding that! I honestly don’t see the cricket part of it (I just think of the Cricket upon reading that lol), but that’s interesting, I think. xD
Also reading “Allen” as typed by me as Alien lol wth 

----

End of Part 1! The next portion is probably unnecessarily wordy and very character-intensive. I do hope you'll enjoy it when the time comes. Otherwise enjoy this part. :-P
Have a good rest of your day!

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 7, 2023 02:28:43  #6893

[Germaine and Hitan]
Haha, I do apologize, but the PTSD thing was (and probably is) one of those things where I intentionally try conveying it even though I don’t know enough about it. Iirc one of my “favorite” things is putting it in where it’s unexpected, because that’s how it works. I remember I put it in a thread with Helen and caught Rune off guard with it too. Not very fun for others and for Hitan, but for me? (: (so basically it is my fault is what I’m trying to say lol)
On the deity meeting, I don’t remember honestly, but it’s a small detail so I can probably say to treat it like she didn’t. I think it’d make more sense too honestly, since he tries to keep what he is hidden to avoid the possibility of others discerning his nature and his weaknesses.
Hermoine lol (as a note this is another fun typo) (Harry Potter Germaine? :0)
On this note (I’m actually adding this like 2 days after I initially typed this out), I think it might be a good idea to sort out canon chronology for the two of them in case they have more future interactions. What do you think? This thought came from remembering that thread with Echo existed lmiao. For some reason I didn’t associate it with the two of them (though logically it was probably because they worked together but didn’t interact much. Oh boy, that thread was a mess on my part lol,,,). Alternatively we could treat it like it’s non-canon but for some reason that feels wrong… 

[Germaine’s Mindset]
That feels like it’s more repression or something other than a healthy coping mechanism tho. I think theoretically that pairs with Galaxian as well, or perhaps just the general idea of immortality. How can an immortal find and sustain their meaning? How connected should they remain to the world? Though in his case Galaxian’s focus is likely a bit different from hers. After all, he hasn’t been around as long as her in reality and is really just thinking in advance. Speaking on my personal philosophies, I’d argue that her effort doesn’t come to an end just because the people she exerted that effort for disappear from the world, and that it’s not necessary to change the world as long as you’re trying to do what you truly want to do. That can mean something small like welcoming an exhausted traveller or helping a poor person, or something grandiose, or maybe something in between (doing small things in pursuit of a greater, cooperative goal, or occasionally putting down the bigger ideals to focus on the details). But in the end, I’m not an immortal, just a mortal who’s hypocritically focusing on some of those thoughts too. However, I do believe in her capacity to reach a satisfactory conclusion, so I’ll always cheer her on for that end! 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 7, 2023 02:33:46  #6894

[Cheetah and Mamba]
Well, I suppose the best way of starting this section is that the Mamba is probably one of my least philosophical characters. And part of it is probably because of how he is. I’m pretty sure he has at least 2-3 mental disorders that I daren’t try to diagnose. And even without those disorders, the overall feeling I’ve obtained from how he acts is that he might have some developmental disorder or intellectual disability (albeit more mild/not as serious) by default as well. So with all of that combined with other stuff, he’s a 14-year-old with undiagnosed physical problems, mental problems, and probably a child’s mental/emotional age with an inability to understand most concepts. [As a note, his case is somewhat similar to Kiaane’s, but I’m rather certain that Kiaane doesn’t have the intellectual disabilities component, and that’s going off on a slight tangent anyhow. Lemme know if you want to hear more about this though lol.] That overall makes for a person who is very dependent on the A.A. for whom he interacts with, and despite how patient said assassin is, that’s obviously not ideal. 
To answer the question directly though, relating to his relationship with the Cheetah: It’s simple yet complicated, as I said. For one, he has a human enough instinct when it comes to relationships that I think some aspects of “friendship” are rather normal even for him. He can’t disconnect from someone he becomes attached to, which is why the A.A. supervises whom he comes into contact with so much and in a sense “moderates” the foundations of his relationships with others (for example, by molding the Mamba’s views of someone towards the worse if they perceive a possible danger in that connection…which again is definitely not ideal but (‘: ). But going away from the A.A.’s influence for a moment, the Mamba does genuinely care for the Cheetah, even though he doesn’t really know that he does or what caring should look like. Headcanons-wise, this means that he will share some of what he has, like food that he likes and “toys,” though he goes about it like a kid would (so basically not overthinking it and mostly keeping what he has to himself because, well, he likes it lol), and in battle he’ll have a basic instinct to help her and such. (Whether he actually helps is another matter though.) So overall, it’s simple because he by default is somewhat like a child, but it’s more complicated because of circumstances. ‘Cause y’know, him leading a normal life is out of the question, and he can’t even interact with an ordinary kid around his age because he’s prone to stabbing someone out of the blue, for instance. There’s that constraint of abnormality in his life being there in the first place. But otherwise, it’s not hard to understand even without knowing his backstory and all that, since even “survival” isn’t something he can really conceptualize (there’s an entire segment of how the A.A. managed to teach him what “being alive” is, though he still doesn’t have a grasp on what “life” and components within it, such as relationships with others, is. In fact I feel like he even lacks that understanding of others having perspectives different from his own…y’know this is depressing and sorta off-topic so I’ll cut off the parenthetical rant there lol).The Cheetah’s life is sad because she’s reduced to that primal survival instinct, though obviously that’s a gross oversimplification; as for his end, the Mamba lacks even that. Again, there’s no comparing them (outside of thematic reasons, which is the intended purpose behind this small portion), but that makes for a relationship where they definitely could have been more happy in better circumstances but are presently paired with each other only because of a complex combination of personal motivation (on the Cheetah’s end), lack of understanding of the world (both of their ends), someone else’s overseer sort of influence (again both of their ends), etc. etc., in addition to that inherent compatibility.  
So basically gotta love mental instability and horrific backstories, but hey, they’re still more wholesome than some relationships! So……(*doesn’t have a way to end this lol this is horrible*) 

— 

[Cheetah’s Whereabouts]
I wouldn’t say it’s so unfortunate (outside of considerations of how bad I am at making up these settings, as I said prior) as it is…inconvenient. The Masked Ones disbanding honestly was kinda out of left field for me and remains something I can’t really wrap my mindset around. ‘Cause y’know, the point of the Mamba being affiliated with the group and residing at the stronghold was precisely because the A.A. didn’t have a safe permanent place where they could put the Mamba and needed him to have that support outside of themselves. Otherwise they wouldn’t go to such unnecessary measures, right? But now the affiliation is kinda gone and the residence portion is gone too. And I’m not anywhere as good at backup planning as they are. So I’m kinda just stuck lol, both on the planning portion and the reasoning component. I’m actually happy that the Mamba and the Cheetah at least have each other in theory (it’s a cruel cruel world), but I dunno, I just feel bad for so many different reasons lol.
I do have to say that (as a warning) unless the Masked Ones continue to be connected to each other plot-wise, it’s very likely that these two (and the A.A.) won’t have too much of an appearance most of the time. Before they were able to wreak havoc casually because they had a group behind them, but with just the A.A. “guarding” them (quotation marks because they’re still the A.A.), they’d definitely be stricter about that sort of thing. So if you want the Cheetah to be more independent in that aspect, we should communicate on that.
Otherwise…we probably should communicate more extensively on this part in general. I don’t want to constrain your character’s potential, and overall it’d probably help to know their present circumstances no matter how much they appear publicly in-roleplay. So…Uno reverse card? Let me know if you’re not okay with this or what you’d like her current situation to be like/to progress towards. On my end, the Mamba has turned out really dependent on the A.A., so he’s really only able to be involved in plot if they can’t get themselves out of a related situation. I just hope this isn’t too unideal. Let me know. We can work things out (probably). 

{Mamba and Cheetah: Backstory Mention}
:eyes:
The headcanon I had but never mentioned is that he’s been a part of the group for longer than she has but “officially” joined only shortly before she did, and he was very much a loner before the A.A. decided that they could hang out (lol “hang out” sounds wayyy too casual). Though in the overall group, the general premise was that he didn’t contribute much outside of making new masks and spellcasting, and even in that one deity fight thread he Did Not Know What Was Going On. So basically my impression is that he’s very distant from even the MOs except for her. Though that does make me wonder how the A.A. interacted with her, if at all. Lol now I’m just imagining they just watched her for a very, very long time before they randomly made the Mamba meet up with her, which is pretty much how they do things lol. After some anti-stabbing impulse exercises ofc.
Tbh that do be their vibe though. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 7, 2023 02:37:35  #6895

[Galaxian and Bixbite]
No worries. I actually think it’s better to leave some parts empty for future planning and thinking…in theory, I say as I try to incorporate all my thoughts with questionable success.
The context about her past relationships helps, so thank you for providing that. I didn’t really read into old threads because I wanted my ideas to mostly remain uninfluenced or some dumb reason like that. The more logical reason was that I knew I couldn’t find all the threads anyhow, and it wasn’t really too important when it pertained to my characters.
Oh, I meant “cringe” as in how I tried to incorporate it into Galaxian’s character. Like I regard the general premise positively, and I think he would be more shallow/meaningless without it being a part of him, but also…it was very out-of-nowhere and shoehorned in for me. To put it more bluntly, I never intended for him to be so personally involved in it, and really his involvement was just because of his relationship with Kenshin and the rest. So it wasn’t very developed, though it was a part that illuminated both his worse aspects and his fundamentals. Could have been worse, but definitely could have been better is how I can portray it, I suppose.
In tangent with what you mentioned about combining personality disorders (and their symptoms) with GGaD’s premise of corruption, I feel like forumers were at that age where they were interested in mental disorders and the like in general; for example, the SAMBers had that entire flipside concept that I never much delved into myself either. So there’s no need to feel bad about it, I think. This is just kinda awkward for me to say because I remember I was slightly judgey on this topic xD I can’t tell if it was maturity or immaturity on my part. :-P
Talking more directly about Galaxian–he and I definitely appreciate your sentiment, but that’s just part of his character, y’know? I criticize him a lot, which is partially related to that concept of him taking on so much when he still has so many important things he hasn’t figured out for himself, but the truth is that I really admire him for what he does. Even with his flaws, he’s very much one of the more ideal gods for me. Canonically I think him to be one of the most involved deities in GGaD, though he has personally set limits on what he can interfere with, and that means he’s seen a lot, especially with his focus on his life domain (so basically murders, wars, heinous crimes against humanity, yadda yadda). Added to that, he has an incredibly strong sense of principles that he adheres to, and although he has a degree of pessimism and some problems related to what he’s seen, I think he really lives up to his role as a god of life and of loyalty. So what I’m trying to say is, I think that dealing with Corrupted Deities is definitely something that impacts him in the negative sense, and the easier solution would be to have him not involve himself in it at all (in addition to roleplaying logic like “He can’t solve that many intentional plot problems; that’d ruin the premise of this roleplay/story”). But he doesn’t want that. He wants to help, and trying to do so is worth it for him. Even if decorrupting Shatter is just eliminating one CD, and maybe at the same time other CDs are being created, in the present he considers this–that that’s one deity (Bixbite) with a better chance for life, and that maybe there are people out there who can somehow live fuller lives with him having helped that way. No matter whether or not he can see that chained causal effect, he’s not interested in doing things because it has a bigger impact compared to something else. He just wants to make an impact, even if he’ll have to repeat his actions again, for some future time or for some similar situation. And that motivation remains consistent unaffected by other sources of turbulence.
That entire speech praising Galaxian aside lol Nursery Rhyme don’t spook me again please, I think that it’s great that he has an opportunity to do something, even if he and Bixbite don’t know each other very well, and even if what he’s doing might not be as relevant in the long term/greater premise. I personally am glad to be able to help, as I mentioned before. As for Shatter’s end, I would say that I would respect your want to “eliminate the CD part” if you should wish to do so, but logically Galaxian is much more likely to try to rehabilitate her so that she and Bixbite can coexist to a degree, if separation is truly impossible. Because even though he knows life is transient even for most deities, it just feels cruel for the price of bringing Bixbite back to be so absolute, y’know? Seeing as the entire problem originates in her harboring insecurities about her own existence, I feel like the solution to restoring her ability/potential to not only live but live better wouldn’t be to deny that flawed aspect of her the potential for life and erasing said aspect. It feels dehumanizing or something. Overall, it really comes down to your motivations/how much you want to preserve Shatter as well as Shatter’s own attitude (in my imagination Galaxian and her interact a lot in this process [lol he’s a little blabbermouth], though I’d have to make sure with you that fits her psychologically since the idea is that he’s “digging a corner out of the wall” [Chinese idiom] rather than provoking all the CDs at once), but I do feel like this has the potential to be executed well by me/the two of us so that the outcome is most ideal. Plus I hope that after Bix’s decorruption she’ll at least have a friend in him to start off this new section of her life, so that’s a really nice motivator too. :D
Again, because I feel like I come off strongly a lot, I wanna add a disclaimer that you don’t have to go with this route at all if it makes you uncomfortable. I think that decorruption is actually one of those processes that no one (as in both canonically shown characters and roleplayers) has actually gone through before in this roleplay, and even without that significance, Bixbite and Shatter are your characters to make decisions for. But if you are interested, I’m glad and hope I can help you/your characters the best I can. I’m excited even if this remains only a theoretical conversation (that at this point is understandably vague xD), and it’s just as much of an opportunity for me as it may be for you.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 7, 2023 02:39:28  #6896

[Current Conversation]
I agree with what you said about the mentioned pairs, though I do think that phasing new topics in and closing old topics is healthy for a discussion. And I do say that because I can see some of our current topics being more or less closed already. Also, slowing down is completely fine. “Real life should always be the priority,” as Time would say. I’ll just be waiting more between posts and using this newfound system of mine. (Is it just me, or do I type even more like this?? I’m using the document where I usually talk to myself so it makes sense, but…lol.)
Oh yeah, also let me know if I’m clearly missing one of the topic areas. I might’ve gone slightly overboard with the text and then pwned myself with disorganization lol. (*to the tune of “29 Stab Wounds”* FORTY SIX HUNDRED WORDS!)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 8, 2023 17:40:26  #6897

[Paymon and Xenia]
One day I’ll draw Xenia in non-chibi style but instead of drawing her facial features I’ll just draw a literal :0 symbol as her face.
XD he thought she wrote a book summary in runes or some complicated symbol language and he’s trying hard to figure out what the code is until the realization hits him.
But jokes aside I think it’s a cute dynamic lol. Pretty much everything related to Paymon and Xenia is so cute to me XD

[Allen]
Yeah, reading it from you and some days later, I’ve calmed down about that aspect lol. If I had to write his reaction now, I’d probably have some more surprise and probably press a bit more for permission to stay. Maybe getting a little bit more into confrontation territory? Pressing for his rights basically lol. But I was (and still am, kinda) scared of what Death might do because I know like, nothing about them xD. Returning to the first topic here I think part of my distaste on Allen’s reaction is because I love when characters are full of personality. Even if they don’t talk a lot, I try to make a point with my OCs that they each have their own quirks and ways of being, some showing it more than others, particularly through strong beliefs. And Allen doesn’t have that. Or, rather, he does have it, but doesn’t show it due to Dalia’s influence. Like I think I’ve said before, he’s a character who doesn’t act on his own beliefs or preferences (little addition here after rereading his thread with Nagesh, Allen was letting him take the lead without question). Part of this too is that he’s “trained” himself to not recognize or react his own feelings. The clearest example is, when he cries, he’ll wonder why tears are falling because he doesn’t realize he’s feeling sadness or regret for a particular action.
Haha, I just kept wondering about that but didn’t ask further because I guess I’m a little used to your doing mysterious things without explanation by now lol. Also fun fact, in that thread if Death didn’t telepathically ask Dalia about the time limit while talking to Allen she wouldn’t have asked for him right away. Props to Death for being so efficient it’s scary lol.

[Allen/Dalia]
Hmm, in this case it’s more like something I would share in my ideas thread, so, something that isn’t secret enough or relevant enough to be worthy of being reserved for in-rp discovery. I mean, really it could be mentioned in-rp but neither Allen nor Dalia would bring their past up unless asked, Dalia even less so than her brother. It’s their pre-immortality story. I sometimes wonder if for immortals it’s worth it to remember things from so long ago, but in the twin’s case specifically it’s a matter of before and after and so they (Allen more) have it clear in their mind.

[Yvonne (and Nagesh)]
Oh yeah Nagesh can probably become friends with every nice person he meets XD. And Yvonne is open to everyone, but only to a certain extent. I guess not many people would choose to try to befriend someone who seems to just keep to herself and sleep all day. But if they tried, Yvonne would be happy to. I’m pretty sure I once mentioned in my ideas thread that the things relating to Yvonne are not a secret, but I’d like to show them more in-rp. I think she’s fine with having a low profile too! It’s one of her goals. Also why she doesn’t go out that much (though tbh this is more related to how only had 1 thread idea for Yvonne out of the Clocktower lol). Hopefully the current thread should shed a little bit more light on Yvonne’s character if I do it right, and hopefully it can fulfill my expectations and yours. I’ve been waiting excitedly to do it. And I’m curious, how much of her backstory do (you think) you know? Rn I can’t remember how much I’ve mentioned about it in the forum and thread chatting.
Heaven is a mystery to all of us xD maybe I’ll ask Time for more info on her one of these days.
It’d be cute for Nagesh to try to be more of a friend. As stated in the previous paragraph, Yvonne doesn’t really look for friendships with the other people there. And she has her reasons sure, but she’s fine as being seen as “just one more staff” which she really isn’t. Aside from that, she considers the Clocktower to be her home, and has a sort of one-sided attachment to Time.
For F/DA, her motivations are different than in GGaD. Mostly because her backstory can’t be translated into a realistic setting. So, in F/DA not only is her background different but she also has different goals. I keep my fingers crossed and pray that in changing things for alternate universe versions of my characters I didn’t change the core parts of what they are.
That’s okay bc I asked for your thoughts and the main topic was about Nagesh/Yvonne, so all good.

[Raez & Dilanne]
Maybe, I don’t remember rn. Although I like the character, she’s not in my favorites list and so I don’t know much about her other than what can be found in-game through story and artifact descriptions.
Once again, another aspect of Raez I’m curious about. I hope his character can be explored more in the future?
To be fair Dilanne’s alternate form isn’t some horrifying thing and it doesn’t have external side effects aside from her voice ability being constantly active. She’s still humanoid.

I’m trying to think of Eliza’s unaffiliated characters but the first who comes to mind is Aniyah and I’m not sure if she’s a good choice for filling in that thread’s required role. I think she also has a deity named Eliza? I know she has more, bur rn I can’t remember. I think if you asked her, she’d be happy to give options.

[Dollmakers]
Awh you know dollmakers rarely let you change face shape xD at least I tried to add a little variety by changing the eye shape…I guess it’s not very noticeable huh.
Antagonist GGaD!Lux… an interesting thought.
Well I mean Dion’s baby-faced so. And his hairstyle probably doesn’t help that much xD but in the end I was happy to find a dollmaker that let me do his hair color gradient. Unfortunately it didn’t have a blush option or else I would’ve added in a usual blush
For me, Yvonne is very closely associated with the sparkles and stars motif, so if I can’t put it in her eyes I’ll try to find somewhere else to put that xD. I like to think of it as an effect in that specific image, but it could very well be magic sparkles, or even hairpins or stickers that stuck to her hair somehow.

[Germaine and Hitan]
You really got the surprise factor right so that’s okay. Plus it makes sense with how the thing works and all. I hope that if it happens in any other thread with my characters included in the future I’ll be better equipped to handle it (it also depends on which character I’m using tho).
Alright, that’s fine by me. I think in the meeting thread she was more focused on the topic than in looking at the people involved lol.
*insert sigh* I reread Echo’s thread yesterday because I had forgotten what Germaine’s role in it had been. So, let’s figure out something? I definitely don’t want to make that as non-canon bc it’s canon for Echo’s characters, and I can’t leave that out considering Echo’s relationship with Germaine. Also, because I really enjoyed that thread, as stressful as it was xD. The sensation of dread, timed mission feeling, and just the fact that it felt like something could go horribly wrong if we didn’t do an action in time. So… the thing that comes to mind first as a possible solution is to not have Germaine or Hitan speak about the incident unless it’s specifically brought up by circumstances. For Germaine’s part it’d be like she’d figure Hitan has some reason to not go around showing his abilities and stuff. Also, I know manything s happened in that thread regarding abilities, but Germaine doesn’t necessarily have to be aware of all that, since she was mostly focused on her barrier and healing. But do tell me about your thoughts on this matter.

[Germaine’s Mindset]
I never said it was healthy though. And I’ve always wondered how that ties in with Germaine’s mental health, a topic I didn’t consider much about at the moment of her creation but have been thinking about lately. I don’t think I’ll give her a meltdown or anything similar soon though, she wouldn’t allow herself that since she’d have to be helped instead of her being the help she wants to be. Maybe sometime in the future I’ll explore that more.
For deities I always thought that they might find of a meaning in their immortality since they have their domains to reign over and use them, plus I feel like a lot of them have personal ambitions they want to realize. But hey, I agree with your thoughts! As long as good can be done, that’s a good thing. Then again I’m not cursed to be immortal or anything so all I say is thoughts and maybes.
A couple days ago playing Genshin I found more info on a certain “curse of immortality” related to some characters and I’ll say it really made me think of Germaine because it’s a curse given to “sinners” by the divine. And… it lacks the aspect of being present at the time of a loved one’s death, but the similarity remains in that the cursed person can’t help but spectate death and suffering all around without being able to perish themselves to find peace in death. So then, what is the purpose of that life? A character described it as living torture. An unrelated aspect and difference is that in Teyvat there exists a thing called erosion that’s basically the longer one lives, the more their memories disappear and/or become distorted, eventually changing them into a mindless someone else. But that doesn’t apply here (probably). Anyways sorry for going off topic lol but I wanted to mention this just because it made me think a lot about Germaine and immortals in general.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 9, 2023 01:40:43  #6898

[Paymon and Xenia]
That just reminds me of that owo face style of drawing going around, cursing my YouTube feed.
Of course it is. Haha, imagine if I were motivated enough to learn how to draw Chinese robes so I could draw him flying on a sword with a moonlit backdrop behind him and Xenia gazing up at him like ":0". :')

[Allen]
You should be scared. Death speedruns their tasks and he'd be ruining their personal best time in the Kidnapping of Affiliated People category.
I can imagine Allen and Kiaane making for the worst roleplaying thread in existence where they don't even interact and then Leave.
I did notice that preference of yours. Yay. :D
Also in my own defense (under my own prosecution), Nagesh taking the initiative in most/all areas in that thread was because it was getting very, very stuck. :-P (Read: "I was getting very, very stuck.) I do have to blame Allen's personality for that lol. But y'know, he has his reasons, I guess. 
On Allen's/Dalia's backstory: I see. Well, y'know, share whenever you want, wherever you want. I just can't guarantee a response on more public threads xD. 'Cause I'm very bad lol.

[Yvonne]
I'll be looking forward to the thread as it progresses, then! Hopefully I don't ruin it lol.
I haven't had much reason to think about her backstory, but I remember that I don't know much. Maybe you said something to me but then I forgot it. It's for the better anyways; I love when others show things, mostly ("mostly" 'cause sometimes I get triggered by words/pictures which isn't fun but that's an issue on my end :-P). 

[Raez]
Maybe. Honestly, he's pretty easy to understand, kind of like Wiley in that aspect. Doesn't make him any less intriguing for me, though.
The problem lies elsewhere, but your point is understood xD.

I'm kinda afraid my spite towards the tsundere trope would get to Aniyah, so I'd have to say no to the notion (at least at the moment). Eliza as a deity is also trashed iirc (replaced by Basket Cat?). We'll see, we'll see.

[Germaine and Hitan]
I think you should give that feedback to Echo. I think he'd appreciate those comments a lot.
Thanks for the idea. My thought was that maybe that thread is chronologically after Hitan and Germaine have already "revealed the truth" to each other (as in mutually), so in that thread they just...do their own things and maybe reconvene later.
But then again that'd make their distance during it kinda sad. Idk lol. It's a weird combo of them working kinda well together (my POVs sucked) and them not really interacting lol. I dunno how to feel about it.
On what you suggested, I don't think the issue would necessarily be them talking about it, but please let me know what you were thinking on that front. I may well be overlooking something. And overall my thought is just wanting to leave things vague and suspenseful again,,, haha,,, this totally isn't a horrible habit or anything.
Do you have questions on what happened with Hitan's abilities and the location transfer for Germaine? I still intend to write out the hint for what happened, but the last time I tried to write someone's thoughts towards Germaine I just. Utterly sucked. Dumpster fires would retch at the sight of my writing. So maybe I can give a vague summary or something instead lol. there wouldn't be spoilers really anyhow, I would hope no thread stalker is crazy enough to read all this text

[Germaine's Mindset]
I know I was supposed to mention this in the last section but carried it over here for the similarities. Her holding down meltdowns is kinda like Hitan. His PTSD really only shows in casual situations. So, I would say that he'd admire her capacity to "keep it inside" but again neither of their mindsets are healthy, so I'll stop hammering the same point in.
I also just realized that I kept looping Galaxian in with the immortals, but actually he's more mortal than immortal, just very specific in how he can be killed or can be kept alive. Rip on all my previous points as a result lol.
Ooh, I wanna kick those divinities for sure. Can I? Pleeeasseee?
I think I saw a similar thought in RL psychology once, where it's theorized that even though the human mind has a large capacity, the person's consciousness selectively remembers the most important memories, so gradually there's some sort of distortion/blocking that happens. Obviously not very similar but also not that different, I'd daresay.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 9, 2023 17:50:20  #6899

I'll take my time to reply hopefully soon, but just a little note to let you know that while I'll type out my thoguhts on the topics related to the Cheetah and also Bixbite I'd prefer to talk my ideas out on live chat if we get the chance.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 10, 2023 02:19:25  #6900

Sure, no worries. Actually, hold your thoughts if you'd prefer to do so. I think I'll be able to talk next week. Thanks for letting me know.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera