GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 23, 2023 23:09:02  #6841

Re: Unlimited Chatting, Planning, and Weird Things ~ (@GalaxE and Spec)

Sorry abt the misspelling and shortnesd of the reply O'nm trying to type quickly on a b9rrowed phone

Btw amothee topic you'd like to talk about? I like discussing stuff with you uwiu

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

February 24, 2023 02:31:14  #6842

[Alignments]
Does it? :thonk:

[F/DA Backstory Stuff]
It makes sense to me. It's kinda like how I imagine how having a dad might be like, right?
I wonder if there'll be a canon instance where Sunny refers to their parents.
Also, I realized a few days ago that Sunny's left braid (at least I hope it's on the left lol) is something that only Sollux does for him. So in context of the roleplay, does that meet they meet up every two days or so? Or should I change that detail a bit? (In case you're curious, he normally just has it as a reminder of sorts, but I was thinking of how the War is a special circumstance in which he probably checks on her to make sure she's okay but also tries not to interact with her too much in case an Assassin Servant appears or something. So yeah it's one of those logical questions on my end again lol.)
I have a good idea on the important parts of the family, but they're probably not going to be too important in this roleplay in the context of the Grail War and all. Let me know if you want to develop them (as in generally or a specific family member) or something like that.
magecwaft
I noticed, but just so you know, if you'd like to branch out that's fine as well. Just let me know if you want to know the general premise. It really shouldn't be hard to describe, but you know me lol. For Sunny, it was really hard at first and it really stressed me out when it came to his Command Spell design, but time came in handy and most of the stuff fell into place. Not the Command Spell design though; that one's just been put off lol.
We did discuss that (elemental affinity)! I think it's very interesting to compare them, or at least on Sollux's end it's my idea of what she's compatible with vs. what her brother is compatible with. Though iirc we never did decide on if Imaginary Numbers/Void exists as an element.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

February 24, 2023 02:35:18  #6843

You're fine on the misspellings. In fact, they're kinda funny.

[Topics (if this even needs a heading)]
Hmm, well, I guess what we've talked about has mostly been what I needed. So is there anything you'd like to talk about roleplay-wise or IRL-wise?
Unfortunately what led me to this train of thought was actually just another more selfish idea (the thread idea relating to Bixbite randomly came back to my mind and won't leave), but hey, lol. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 24, 2023 18:53:53  #6844

[F/DA backstory stuff]
I suppose so, I was thinking more about how memories can become distorted with time and thoughts.
Two days or so sounds good! You can also make it so Sunny checks on Lux from a distance and only interacts when he's actually sure he'll be free. Either way, Sollux would be absolutely thrilled to meet up with her brother again, and will probably ask for updates and details and all. 
About that family, I really was just thinking about the possibility that if they have children maybe one of them was Lux's friend in the past. I headcanon that Lux has always had a hard time keeping her friendships for more than a few years, so she's just used to that but she's popular either way. I had like two headcanons for her current friends iirc. They're written down somewhere.
Magecwaft.... not me accidentally speaking like baby Caren lol
I'd love to hear more about the idea, but I'll let you know when. Rn I'm not as focused on developing that area of F/DA Sollux so I think it'd make a bit of a mess in my brain if I thought too much about it for now.But hey, I'm glad you figured out your stuff for Sunny (in that area at least)! Command spell designs are tough, I have some patterns I thought looked nice as placeholders but I've yet to adjust to personality and stuff lol.
I'll say, the concept of Imaginary Numbers and Void are things that I don't really understand lol. There's several things in the Fate universe that I can't seem to wrap my head around.

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

February 24, 2023 19:06:14  #6845

No thoughts head empty lol
Okay well, not really xD it's just that whenever I try to think about something specific the "topic" tends to flee from my mind haha. For IRL... I guess I'm just vibing? I have one month left of vacations and I've been doing some aerobic dance as exercise, found out I really love dancing and choreographies even though I'm very obviously a beginner in that. Other than that, I'm trying to work on managing a mental to-do list so I don't have a breakdown by being overwhelmed by stuff. Still got a ways to go since I tend to put stuff off a lot (like how I'm replying to this now when I already had an idea of a reply when I read it in the morning) and yeah.
My cat likes to play with the connection cable of my drawing tablet so it's malfuncioning just a little bit every now and then :') and my cat is shedding a lot haha. We're nearing temperatures of 30°C and I wish I could have popsicles every day.
Ehhh that was just my random thoughts flowing into the keyboard. Feel free to not reply to that part in detail lol.

On the RP front, I'm trying to remember characters of ours that are somehow related but my mind keeps getting stuck at the Meeps and then Rai & Dion. Oh and Kiaane and Martin. So, I don't have anything noteworthy to say about them atm, but is there anything you'd like to know or talk about about the last two pairs? I enjoy my characters and their relationships to yours and others'. 
Haha I'm still thinking of what to do with Bixbite. I think I mentioned my thoughts about her on my ideas thread. I feel she needs a lot of work and a direction to go in within the roleplay so she's not just floating around, but at the same time I don't want to completely overhaul her bc she was my first character in this roleplay and there's a sort of nostalgia associated with that. I want to focus more on "fixing" her as repurposing her character in the rp instead of altering her personality and troubles.

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

February 24, 2023 19:07:58  #6846

Btw here's a cute GGaD Sollux I made in a Neka creator

I tend to spend a lot of time on Neka creators when I'm not feeling inspired enough to draw, so is there any of my characters that you'd like to see digitally made?

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (February 24, 2023 19:08:31)

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

February 24, 2023 19:15:12  #6847

Oh and I found this one I made It's supposed to be Martin

Since I know you like him here I share it

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

February 25, 2023 02:27:13  #6848

[F/DA Backstory Stuff]
I see. That makes sense, but I don't think that's called idealization. Probably memory distortion as you described.
Sunny, keeping a journal so he remembers what actually happened: "Day 4: Had s'mores with Caster. He liked them. Day 5: Nearly died. [Insert reason here.] Day 6: Nearly died. [Insert reason here] Day 7: See above."
That also makes me imagine Sollux getting a weird feeling when her brother's watching her because Sunny is just like (starrrreeeee) from some vantage point or something lol

For the family friends, I had them having one daughter at least, but if you'd like we could definitely add another kid character (created by you or me, I have no preference lol)! No matter who ends up developing him/her/them I'll definitely try to remember that fact, since it makes sense to me. I am also completely fine with that preference of yours. I honestly didn't plan on sharing too much anyways but thought their existence would probably be at least somewhat relevant for Sollux. 

Funnily enough, I feel like I get them. Maybe it's the shared quality of making things sound overpowered and cryptic huh lol.

And ending off on a random note, Arthur's campaign gift note sounds exactly like Germaine to me and it's funny

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 25, 2023 02:47:52  #6849

[Your Random RL Stuff]
No worries on it being random. I'm glad you're making the most of your vacation. 30 degrees Celsius isn't too hot in my impressions, but I'm guessing it's probably humid where you are or something. Maybe try eating ice cubes. I hope health-wise you're doing okay too (though you kinda touched on it when you mentioned exercise).

[RP Stuff]
Assuming that's a cue for me to chime in with pairs I remember, here are some that come on the tip of my mind:
-Death and Dalia
-Raez and Dilanne (kinda)
-Germaine and Hitan
-Cheetah and Mamba
-Nagesh and Allen (kinda)
-Laurie and Manai (:-P)
-Wiley and Aurae (they met like once lol)

I don't think I have any questions or comments. Sorry if that's disappointing, but my thoughts usually come from ongoing interactions or rereading threads and stuff like that, and I haven't really focused on them that much. 

Make Paymon 
Otherwise yeah I was just gonna say Martin lol. Maybe Yvonne? Aereon? Honestly just make whomever you want lol; you know I'm just going to spout the names of F/DA characters for no reason.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 27, 2023 21:28:53  #6850

[F/DA Backstory Stuff]
<Yep, basically what I was thinking. The end result is the same. Do you think it makes sense for her to have that kind of "memory" about her parents?
Hhgfjdfd I interpreted that as Sunny nearly dying because Caster liked s'mores xD had to reread to make sure that wasn't the case. I've never had an s'more before, but from a google search it looks really yummy. High in carbs and sugar, but yummy either whay. I think Caster might like the sugar. Actually, I know very few people who don't like the taste flavor of sweetness,
In their next meeting Sollux confides to Sunny that she feels like someone's watching her every now and then and she's not sure why, and Sunny...idk what he'd do once he figures out that Sollux means him. Hsdfsd a half-baked headcanon for you, I lack the Sunny part.

One daughter sounds okay, and it doesn't have to be super detailed either. A general concept works fine for me. 
I had one more question on the subject: were Xenia and Paymon forced to leave to take care of things? Because I'm thinking and I don't think Paymon would be very happy to leave his kids alone for a long period of time. Like, the idea of leaving them with a trusted family offers some comfort, but he'd like to avoid that situation in the first place.

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

February 27, 2023 21:49:22  #6851

[My Random RL Stuff]
Huh, I hadn't thought of ice cubes lol I constantly frogget those exist (in contrast to my brother who always asks for them). But I guess a large factor of feeling the heat is that the place where I live has a rather mild climate? We feel temperature changes strongly, even if it's just a few degrees. Like 20° and 23° feel very different to us haha.
For the health part I guess I'm doing alright. I'm getting tested for possible iron-related stuff atm plus some other thingies, so I hope the results with either come out normal or they'll come out clear enough to figure out if there's something wrong with my hormones once and for all. But there's hope! And I don't have any medication to take atm, and I recently got my allergy issues checked out so I'm learning how to deal with that and avoid situations that'll spark them too hard. I guess life's looking good from that side. There's always troubles, but I'm not bedridden or anything for the time being, so that's good :D and I can still walk and jump a little and move around all fine.
Other than that I've recentl dyicovered a passion for narration! We've played some mafia games with irl friends and acquaintances, and each of the times I've taken the role of narrator with creating a story and all for the people to feel inmersed in the game. And it's worked well! I've got really positive reviews from my peers saying that they felt like they were characters in the story, and feeling a lot of suspense when who died is about to be revealed. I've grown to enjoy it a lot. Creating a setting in my head and then coming up with action descriptions for what happens in the game is sooo fun :D

[RP Stuff]
I'll comment on these!

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

February 27, 2023 22:06:54  #6852

[Death and Dalia]
Rn I have to figure out what to do with Dalia bc I had plans for her but they were linked to Silverskies and her characters and I think it's safe to say she's left the RP. So, no big plot things for now. But maybe I can figure out something to do with Dalia in the meantime, since she still has her sad and boring daily life which she's still convinced is a wonderful display of her power and magnificence. Idk. Sometimes I think Death might pity her but they seem like the type of character to not judge their employer and just do what they're told. I'm very intrigued by them ngl.

[Raez and Dilanne]
Dilanne's a fun character for me to use, especially bc I know some things about her that I find very cool personally. Even though she's linked with Blu's Crew I think she's still enough of a character in her own right that I could use her individually in threads or interactions. But that last thread with Raez and Aurora(?) kinda died. If you want I can tell you something I was thinking of doing but didn't get around to roleplay before the thread died.
Aside from that, I feel like Raez and Dilanne may have a bond of camaraderie, but not deep enough that they'd trust the other with their life or be like super close friends at least. At least on Dilanne's side it's like that. But if you ever want to do something or maybe even just headcanon something, I'm all up for that. Even just sharing Dilanne details or random stuff lol.

[Germaine and Hitan]
It's funny about this pair that they're not super close friends but I just like the idea of their interaction so much?
If you ever want to have them meet up again I'd totally love that. It's just that I'd probably get nervous of not rolepaying Germaine cirrectly because it'd probably be an intellectual interaction with Hitan and hbgjdffdj I'm not an intellectual person XD I have low IQ and Germaine does now. She's big brain, I Am Not.
But yeah! I find them so sweet and pure and just that they can have so much potential. I think they might have one or two parallels and if the thread we did some time ago is anything to go by, then they can definitely hit it up over books and shared interests like that. Except that maybe Hitan's situation limits him? Germaine's more of an open character in the sense that she can fit p much anywhere because she doesn't have important plot stuff going on for her (for now).

[Cheetah and Mamba]
They're just kids who have fun and make messes Ig. I've always wondered how deep their connection runs? Do they consider each other friends, or just innocently play with each other because they can? I know Cheetah's reasoning relating to this and I can share it, but idk about the Mamba at all. He does seem like he's strongly linked to one of your mysterious overarching character plots, so I don't know what to say about that lol. Cheetah's mostly just focused on not dying. 
For them I'd be a little hesitant to start an interaction thread right away, mostly because I'm very interested in other aspects of their possible relationship other than just making messes and having fun. I feel they have potential we've (I've) yet to figure out. Not to mention that as part of the MOs, there's stuff there that might happen too. Now that Ishmael's back into roleplaying maybe something will happen. Who knows? And I've always wondered why the other MOs haven't kicked this pair out yet lol.

[Nagesh and Allen]
For these two I don't have much to say because it's tied into what I had for Dalia and, well, with Allen practically out of comission atm because of Dalia, I dunno what to say. If they were to interact again it might have to do something with a little character arc/dev I have thoguht up for Allen, but once again it's very tied into Dalia's plot progression and... yeah I don't know where to take it atm. I have to fix a lot of messes I made for doing plot and character stuff without planning ahead or thinking about the consequences or related possible things. And the twin's current thing is one of those. I hope to figure something out and I hope Nagesh and Allen can become closer friends.
What I want for Allen in the near future is for him to be way more open about his emotions and to act more on his own morals than on what his sister tells him to, because he has strong opinions but either doesn't voice them or completely supresses them. I'd say he'd be of the Good alignment except he's unwaveringly loyal to Dalia and, well, she wouldn't hesitate to order him to do things that do not line up with Good aligmnent. So that's something to think about. A sort of redemption arc in the farther future would be fun too.
I love Allen. He deserves better than what my inexperienced self put him through in previous roleplay. I'm very willing, very very willing to listen to ideas for Nagesh and Allen.

[Laurie and Manai]
One of my favorite pairs!!! We've yet to make them interact more but I love them and their relationship and the rest of the Alternate too! Laurie is so fun to roleplay haha. I'd love to write her figuring out more aspects of life, like cooking and maybe some crafts, and perhaps get more in touch with the Modern Sect way of life or doing things. She has so much potential, as she's someone who not only doesn't have memories but her scope of life has been very limited previously (IDK if you remember but I said that a large part of her character is having her find something worth living for, a goal) so she's very open to discovering new stuff. Manai is so cute too aaaaah I have to draw them together some time! 
Any interactions between Laurie and Manai or other Alternate members would be fun. It's one of my goals to make Laurie more expressive and not just keep her thoughts to herself. Like in the current thread she held herself back from speaking and tried to keep herself from thinking, but ultimately couldn't. So I want to change that. I hope I can roleplay it progressively well.

[Wiley and Aurae]
They intrigue me because their interaction was a weird thing. Wiley being distrustful and Aurae being weird.
As of now, she's living somewhere but she hasn't found a purpose to her life yet. And she hasn't found the Kamil person yet either. But from her side I think she's very grateful to Wiley, and in her state of mind she probably feels that he made a HUGE contribution to her being able to get a place to live and all that (when in reality he just pointed out some directions and scribbled up a map).
Idk what an interaction between them would be like really. But Aurae isn't soomeone to get weirded out, and she has him on her mental list to give him a compensation for his help sometime. If she knew his name or something.
I don't have much more to say about this. Aurae had a plot but it's on standby atm bc I found and inconsistency and I have to work it out, so I've yet to do more stuff with her. She's a open character atm.
And I'm always interesed on Wiley. He's so cool as a character and I'm always intrigued by him and his weird way of acting xD.

Small edit addition: Ik you mentioned that Galaxian and Bixbite had at least one interaction previously. Is there something more you'd like to talk about the subject? I'm interested in anything that has to do with GGaD!Bix atm.

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (February 27, 2023 22:09:53)

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

February 27, 2023 22:07:18  #6853

[Image makers]
Oooh Paymon, he's hard to do without making him look too femenine lol but I can try! Might have to do him with loose hair bc the low ponytail options a lot of the time leave a lot to be desired XD females are easier to do a lot of the time bc they have more options imo.
F/DA characters comes to my mind lately a lot too haha, I think I have some for Caster and Assassin. But sure, I'll keep them in mind once I make more! Lancer and Caster is are particularly hard to do bc there aren't makny image makers that have their skin tone and other little details. Though it's true that if I wanted them to come out exactly as I have my mental image of them, I'd have to draw them. Some image makers get pretty close to my ideas even then.

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

February 28, 2023 04:58:37  #6854

Post speedrun speedrun speedrun

[F/DA Backstory Stuff]
I think as long as it makes sense to you, it should be fine! It's not like I'm a psychology expert or something lol. Plus nothing pops out to me as illogical, though maybe details would be another matter.
Yep, Sunny nearly died because Caster liked s'mores so much that his Spirit Origin changed into Alter Ego or something. Just that aspect of Caster that literally goes crazy for s'mores. (*knows they make no sense*)
Sunny goes through the very overcomplicated process of putting him and his Servant in danger just so they can watch over his sister for extended periods of time and even has her recording the times she feels like she's watched...just so she can tell him that nowadays it feels like she's being watched all the time, and Caster is the one to point out that hey maybe it's him and not some creepy stalker lol. And then he's so embarrassed that he suspiciously doesn't bring it up, and she probably has to connect the dots herself, either by reading him emotionally or...reading him emotionally (as in Scenario 1 was her guessing what would make him embarrassed and not talk about it; Scenario 2 is her directly asking him and interpreting his embarrassment. Kinda the same thing now that I type it out. Lol.)

Y'know only after you brought that up did I think it might be nice for the family to have two kids rather than one, just to parallel Sunny and Sollux :D
On the part relating to Xia and Paymon, I guess you could say that. Xenia fervently dislikes the notion too, but they had to do what they had to do. The leaving itself sounds real bad in the present time, though.
Hey, maybe they could've left a note or something for their kids (mostly Sunny since Sollux couldn't read yet) that Sunny still keeps around somewhere. What do you think? More things from their parents is always good. Usually. Sometimes.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 28, 2023 05:01:22  #6855

[Your Random RL Stuff]
Makes sense. I've never lived in a mild climate, so that's probably why, but it fits logically and all that.
Just remember to take care of yourself, though that goes without saying and is probably hilariously redundant.
Oh yeah, I forgot mafia games exist lol. I never did learn how to play 'em. Do you have a favorite, for narrating and/or for playing?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 28, 2023 05:15:59  #6856

[RPing Stuff]
Lemme just say I didn't expect you to go in detail on the pairs lol. But I'll try to keep my responses short, partially 'cause it's 3 and I have to get up early, and partially 'cause of other reasons as mentioned before.

{Death and Dalia}
Yeah, I wasn't expecting for this pair to be very roleplayable in the first place. Again, I was kinda just mentioning them xD. I didn't expect you to connect what I said about active interactions to these pairs of people. But it's not a bad surprise, obviously. Just a surprise.
I love how you describe her life as "sad and boring" lol xD well, in general, let me know if there's something you want from the pair in terms of interactions or planning. I'm up to it, but something tells me Dalia goes big or...actually she just goes big. So if there is plot, a lot will probably change. Not that it's bad, but just something on my mind, I suppose.
Same thing goes with Allen, since he's connected to his twin, but unfortunately Death isn't the type to do interesting things like prod at his morality and such. Oof.

{Raez and Dilanne}
Random, but Dilanne reminded me of La Signora from Genshin. Do you think I'm right in kinda connecting them, or am I just totally off the mark? It might be me trying to find archetypes lol.
On the thing you were thinking about--sure thing!
I think for their relationship, the main point for me is how they're pirates. In a more active roleplay world I think the crew probably would've switched around drastically or maybe disbanded entirely. That connects to what you mentioned about Eas' and Dilanne's relationship too--they're pirates after all, no one is really a close friend outside of very specific exceptions. So that's all good and understandable in my opinion. It makes sense for them to have a basic level of trust, and probably even more so for their relationship to have a strong degree of transience. (though that obviously isn't what I prefer generally as a character creator/roleplayer lol)
I don't have ideas for their relationship really due to the above reason, but here's a "no u" on this pair and any of the other ones. I'm always free to chat about possible headcanons and interactions, even if it's without context. After all, I'm usually the one without context.

{Germaine and Hitan}
I mean, that shared interest is why they're a pair in F/DA, no? At least that was my impression. Even though it has turned out that the relationships might be different. Or maybe not. We'll see.
Focusing back on GGaD though, I again wasn't thinking about initiating another interaction, but I agree with them probably interacting "intellectually" beyond our capabilities. And what you said about Hitan's limitations pertain too. For me, I'm not too sure how deep I'd want their friendship/relationship. 
But with what you said about parallels, I guess I can try to chime in? In GGaD, I think that the two of them have a large thematic contrast, with Germaine existing while being cursed by immortality while Hitan exists while being cursed by mortality (or something like that, but really it's more of a "destiny" connected with powerlessness...you know I just had to try to make it sound cool so lol, accuracy out the window). Their parallel comes in their natural kindness--mature innocence if you will--but unfortunately that's again contrasted by their different attitudes. Hitan's kindness while acting towards others is largely that--an act--while Germaine is kind and has persisted in being so despite being cursed. And that's something that Hitan (being able to see past her mortal facade while posing such a facade himself) admires about her, though that does factor in the question of how they would fare if their circumstances were switched.
But anyways! Going in less of an angsty route, I hope my thoughts are semi-clear and somewhat interesting, 'cause what you said made me feel inspired to get this out, even if it isn't very well-constructed. Overall I'd say their relationship probably would have a lot of potential if I were an actually competent storyteller lol. But nah, I just add problems for Hitan that get in the way of relationships like these. So, again, perhaps they're also constrained, though not only by bigger plots but also by overly casual meetings. The only idea I can come up with is that maybe they could meet after that big deity meeting, but again that leads to plot, and there's the problem of "Hitan is gonna see that she's encountered Akuma and become even more resolute to avoid her as much as possible, even though current plot stuff means the demon won't do anything for a little while (oof)."
"Germaine does now" lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 28, 2023 05:18:11  #6857

I'll have to respond to the other pairs later, but feel free to respond when you see fit, or to wait until I'm done. The academic quarter is wrapping up for me as are other deadlines, so future responses might be more delayed. But that's not guaranteed, since I'm horribly irresponsible and like coming on here to respond. Anyways, have a good rest of your day.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 28, 2023 21:06:30  #6858

I'll se how much I can reply to rn, I don't want to accidentally forget what's going through my mind at the time of reading your replies. Good luck with your stuff! I know you can do it, you've got what it takes to get through the deadlines and all the other responsibility stuff.

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

February 28, 2023 21:31:01  #6859

[F/DA Backstory Stuff]
You think you make no sense but it's precisely the kind of thing that would make for the start of a F/GO event. Caster goes rogue for s'mores.
Sollux pulls up her phone with notes and recordings of the times she felt watched, and after examining it Caster goes like "doesn't this match up with the times we-" and stops because he sees Sunny's serious embarrassed face and they're just both suspiciously silent while Sollux frantically looks between both of them trying to figure out what happened.

That'd be preyy cool I think, so each would have someone to interact with while they were there and in the future. Though with Lux so little I don't thinks she began much interaction until she grew a bit more.
Alright then, let's have it like that. And ooh I like the note idea! Esecailly since it adds to the idea that you can sorta see personality in handwriting, so I imagine a part written by Paymon and another one by Xenia (I feel like she'd add at least one little smiley face at the end of her part).

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

February 28, 2023 21:48:40  #6860

[My Random RL Stuff]
Can't ever go wrong with a reminder :D

Mafia games!!! My most recent passion, I think. I mean I've always liked that sort of games, what with my past addiction to Among Us and all. But Mafia's really cool because there has to be someone to set the mood and narrate the actions and mediate the actions for the roles between day and night phases. The way I organize the game is by assigning roles to cards (townsfolk, sheriff, doctor, and mafia), shuffling them around, and then calling out the roles during the night phase to let them act. 
For the storytelling, that's the fun part! The base would be to find a setting, with the basic idea that there's something happening and the mafia infiltrates for some reason and kills people. So the most basic "plotline" I tend to do is narrate the scene of a peaceful town in which the players grew up, and say that they're all returning now that they're grown and have been succesful or something like that. But that there's a rumor that not everyone is good, and that means that there's some people with nefarious intent. Nobody knows who they are, but suspicion permeates the town's atmosphere, and people are starting to get uneasy. Then the night phase comes and I find out the roles and have them act, and blah blah, then during the day phase I try to make suspense as I narrate how the people find out who was killed. Like I might have someone's best friend go take something to their home and find them dead, or say that a passerby noticed that there was a break into someone's house and then the rest go to investigate. That's the basis for the first day, and after that it gets a little bit more complicated because I have to continue talking while the players most of the time make an uproar XD they tend to yell in surprise or be rowdy with excitenemt as they find out who died, and they exchange words and all, and it's hard to keep talking while THEY're talking. But after that all I have to do is narrate their getting together for a public trial, then give them a set amount of time to discuss and vote, and then narrate the unfortunate execution (or lack of decision) the townsfolk decided on. And then narrate how everyone goes to sleep. And that'd be all for day 1.
The following days are similar but something I like to do is narrate that unrest grows within the town and participants. So the actions I narrate are weirder and weirder the longer the game goes on (locking windows, buying weapons, not talking to anyone, etc.). I think that's the hardest part, coming up with things to narrate on the fly. Because I have to keep talking almost all the time, to keep the game flowing and the interest on my words describing the events. It's easier to do than through text imo bc irl I can use hand gesture and tone changes.
But that's that, and there's two possible endings: either the mafia wins, or the townsfolk win. And I describe different things depending on what happens.

So that's the basic one. Sometimes I do other settings, like one my friends really liked was one where there was going to be an election in a city and a mafia was hired to murder people with too strong a political opinion or something like that. I think it was cool because I used the concept of imprisonment instead of public lynching, so it's good to switch things up a bit.
It's also really cool to narrate when the doctor protects someone who the mafia attempted to kill during the night round, it always gets so many oohs and excitement going. But it's rare and has only happened 3 times in all my times playing. I love talking about the town's new "mysterious hero".

A setting I have planned for a future game is a wild west setting, because I think the mafia thing works really well. Except I'm going to change it for a band of camouflaged outlaws. I love the fact that changing the setting makes way for new descriptions. All in all, I love the game and it fires up my passion for words and settings so much haha.

One thing I would like to see in more Mafia games is players lying about their roles. I think I only saw that like one or two times, once by a regular player who lied about being the sheriff so he wouldn't get lynched, and another in which a mafia lied about being the doctor to avoid the same fate. It's cool to see what results that gives during the night phase. And of course, I have more material to add to my narration.
Ik it probably seems like a difficult thing the way I've said it, but the narration is something quick, really. I just have to keep talking between actions (daybreak with narration, dead discovery, trial, trial result, night phase actions, daybreak) and keep the players focused on what they have to do next.

Huh, should've titled this section [Mafia game] instead of RL stuff haha. I'm sorry about this, I didn't mean to make it so long.

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (February 28, 2023 21:51:16)

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

February 28, 2023 22:39:19  #6861

[RPing Stuff]
Aww dude I'm sorry, I got overexcited and really I never mean to type much when I do. It was supposed to be a small reflection on each pair and then I got carried away xD. But I hope you enjoyed reading through all that? I don't mind waiting for replies tbh. I myself can get overwhelmed with long posts so I'd understand if other priorities come first.

{Death and Dalia}
There's not much material for interactions between these two, and even with something I may have on my mind, it's mostly one sided I think. Because of Death just being silent and mysterious while Dalia has her god complex (well, she IS a goddess) that makes her look at others like they're very beneath her and not much worthy of her attention. The one thing I can think of atm would be Dalia for some reason confiding to Death whatever is on her mind because she feels like it, but once again I feel that would be very one-sided. And I don't know if that something that would go much in-character for Dalia. She's kinda RP-locked by events for the time being.
Sad and boring, yes! At the moment Dalia deluded herself into thinking that her lonely state and domain are because of her grandeur and that people fear her, while she really isn't as powerful as she thinks she is (allies left her). But for all her thoughts about power and domination, she does have her divinity and the things she governs over. She's one very haughty and prideful character. 
For Allen's part, he'd just asct as well-mannered as always towards anyone, including Death. But I feel like any attempts he makes to establish a friendship or even just a better relationship would fall flat because of a lack of substantial answer.

{Raez and Dilanne}
Signora? Trying to think about similarities the only thing that comes to mind is the fact that they both had lovers they were very devoted to. Except that in Signora¿s case he died and she blamed the gods and went on a rampage, while in Dilanne's case she thought he died and then killed herself and... with time came to dislike deities, I guess. I'm not sure how much you know about Signora's story but the main difference is that she's fueled by revenge and is very condescending towards others whereas Dilanne is a much kinder character who literally and figuratively flees from her problems (added to the fact she doesn't remember much about her first life). I'm curious, what kind of parallels did you think between Signora and Dilanne? 
The idea was for the part where they fall off the ride. I thought it'd be pretty cool to have Dilanne whip out her wings and soften the landing blow for Raez and Aurora. Since, y'know, she's more based on a mythical siren than a mermaid, though she has elements from both. So I would've narrated her wings and a slight temporary shift. The thing that stopped me from writing my post there was that I didn't know if you or Time had something planned for your characters' fall, and I didn't want to accidentally interrupt your ideas haha.
If the roleplay had been more active, I would've made Dilanne's problems catch up to her already and start a character plot. Along with the idea I had of eventually giving any characters involved with her character plot a choice. That would have had two results, one of which would've been Dilanne dying and being "at peace". But, because of the lack of activity, this either won't happen at all or won't happen for a very, veeeeery long time, much longer than what I had originally hoped for.
Another "problem" to add to the relationship between Raez and Dilanne is the fact that Dilanne doesn't share much personal stuff, so the things she does might make her seem superficial to the rest of the crew. It's also strongly tied into the fact that most of the stuff she participates in is just for fun, including the whole being in a pirate crew thing. She has fun with the crew and their adeventures and enjoys the interactions, but isn't close enough to anyone that she'd be heartbroken if they died, for example. She'd be just sad. It's an attitude that is hard for me to roleplay because I tend to enjoy other character types more, the types that enjoy deep and caring relationships, along with eventually opening their hearts to others either out of closeness or a breaking point. Dilanne isn't like that, of course, a breaking point could make her spill some stuff, but even then she's much colder in that aspect than what I would like.
A fun fact you didn't ask for: Dilanne likes being near the ocean because the wave spray and humid air makes it easier for her to breathe. In drier settings, or just whenever she's far the ocean, breathing is uncomfortable for her and might even hurt at times. On the flipside, she's most comfortable breathing in water. So yeah. But she's used to that so she just doesn't say it, and it might not even be noticeable save for a slight face of discomfort when leaving humid places.

{Germaine and Hitan}
I believe so, and I'm so looking forward to seeing the canon interactions! And hoping that things won't go terribly wrong. Of course there's some difference from their GGaD counterparts. But hey, something is something.
Darn, yeah, they both have their troubles. I guess in Germaine's case her curse is mostly for backstory and character purposes. It happened a long time ago and the effects of that persist till now and into her daily life, but it's just an effect, nothing active she has to run from. You could even dare say she's (tried to) learned to live with it. Maybe because it's something that affects her more than it affects others? Seeing dear people die affects her deeply, but she won't make someone die just because she meets them. In that sense I feel Hitan has it tougher, bc he can directly endager others by spending too much time near them. The effects of his "curse" seem to directly affect his everday actions and life (from my pov).
Now that you brought up the facade thing, there's something that's been in my mind. Iirc in their library meeting Gwemaine wasn't aware that Hitan isn't human, but also iirc this should've changed when they saw each other in the deity meeting thread. I'm curious about how this could impact a possible future interaction. Like Germaine now definitely knows that Hitan isn't a regular human person in the library, but also she doesn't know much more about him.
The comments were certainly enlightening! But returning to the topic of interactions, Germaine also wouldn't press Hitan to speak to her or anything if she realizes he doesn't want to do that. She might be a lil pushy with others but Hitan's not really someone she is close to and as such she respects a stranger's desire to not get further involved with another stranger, whatever his reasons may be. On that front I suppose he's safe? The thing would probably change if Germaine realizes the problems with Akuma and all, beacuse then her desire to help others would kick in strongly, and... yeah I don't know what would happen in that case. Maybe it's best to leave it eithout much thought for now? I feel like if this were a comic or animated series, this kind of conflict would lead to a very interesting plot, but idk lol I'm not skilled enough to pull off something like that, so yeah. 

Germaine: *Waves hi after seeing Hitan on the street across*
Hitan: *Runs away*

I'm afreaid I didn't get the last sentence, like, if it's supposed to be a joke or a word play, I totally missed it lol.

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

March 1, 2023 02:11:44  #6862

Responding in original post order. This might snowball really fast, so just pick out posts or whatever works for you.

[F/DA Backstory Stuff]
Right...but that's F/GO. xD That reminds me of that Thanksgiving event that I still can't think of a plot for lol. Maybe the problem is I haven't dedicated much thought to it in the first place. (Jk, it's just me sucking.)

Sunny's body doesn't do huge drastic temperature changes all at once so for the rest of the day he slowlyyy turns full-on beet red.

Yeah!
I think we more or less came to an agreement on this topic, but I guess I came up with a name for the daughter at least, and some ideas for the son's. But I'll keep it vague for the guy in case you want to name him sometime in the future. 
And for the note, yeah! Though GGaD!Xenia didn't really know how to write, so I guess I'll have to think about how her handwriting might look. Eh. Someday.
Xia learns how to draw hearts and goes absolutely feral

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 1, 2023 02:17:33  #6863

[Mafia Game]
Thanks for the descriptions. I can tell you really like these games, though that was already a given since you told me lol.
I think you're reminding me of two things. One, a mafia game that other kids played after testing in 8th grade. I'm certain that other than how they had a permanent set of rules, it's the same game. Second, more recently, is the werewolf game in the Requiem event. I dunno how I missed that one.
The narration style also kinda reminds me of how the Hunger Games simulators give text. Maybe that's just me. How many mafia people are there typically each game? Or does that just depend?
Your observation is interesting, 'cause for the game I spectated, literally everyone was lying whether they were innocent or not, which was kinda funny. I wonder if there's a reason for the difference or if it's just the chaos that 8th graders can have.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 1, 2023 02:26:00  #6864

[RP Pairs]
No problem. I like long posts actually, as you probably already know. Just concerned that it'll barrel up and overwhelm you lol.

{Death and Dalia/Allen}
Yep, I agree, and like I tried to imply (probably failed though), I think that's okay. I'm not the best at conveying Death's character the best either, and they're connected with Silverskies' plot too. So I'm totally okay keeping things on hold.
For the interaction you imagined, it probably would be very one-sided. It would make sense logically, no? Because as a subordinate of any goddess in general, you don't start sharing stuff about yourself when she's doing so. You just listen and give affirmations/comments to what she's saying. And anyways, as you've already gauged, it just isn't within their character to share about themselves, so the interaction would definitely be very much alike to how you envisioned it.
For Allen (whom I included in the heading 'cause it felt wrong to not do so), I think he's better off not befriending someone like Death. I mean, it's not a far stretch to think that someone who's stuck with Dalia so long is either really loyal, has ulterior motives, or is at least just wrong in the head. And although Allen probably wouldn't think on that sort of vein, it's definitely for the better imo. also Death literally...kidnapped...man-nabbed him lol. I think he has something close enough to Stockholme Syndrome as he is. No need for more.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 1, 2023 02:35:03  #6865

{Raez and Dilanne}
I hope I didn't imply something accidentally through the comparison. It's very likely our focal points are different. I think the similarities between Dilanne and Signora that I focused most strongly on were:
1. The amnesia plot point (if it could be called one)
2. How they were treated by humans (from what I can garner, Signora didn't kill humans but was feared by them, and Dilanne was basically cast away as soon as she outlived her purpose [singing])
And yeah, the lover death thing, but I don't know the details on that. 

Back to Raez and Dilanne (lol), what you said makes sense. Maybe we could assume it to be canon.
Otherwise, on the problems that you mentioned for their relationship, Raez wouldn't (doesn't) see it as an issue at all. I think I implied it through an incorrect quote before, but when it comes to secrets, his friends (as in Rai and Wiley but also literally anyone else) know absolutely nothing about him. Nothing about his background, how he might've grown up, why he became a pirate, etc. Zilch. So for Dilanne's "colder" attitude, I'd say that it goes both ways. And I do feel like it's part of being a pirate, y'know? Even if their reasons for concealing information about themselves and acting more distant don't actually come from their occupation, their behavior is still fully justified for that reason.
That fun fact is fun to think about in parallel to Raez, though I reckon his preferences are kinda different in source from hers. Does she like swimming? Or maybe has she tried other oceanic activities (like idk parasailing or surfing lol) (it probably sounds ridiculous)?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 1, 2023 02:40:38  #6866

{Germaine and Hitan}
Yeah, see, her life focuses on the long-term while his focuses on the short-term. Hehe contrasts.
Well, you know how they say it. Don't compare people's suffering. 
What you mentioned about the deity meeting is what I was thinking, though technically it's fully possible for an ordinary mortal (though he's not one) to just have been invited to attend because he can be affected somehow or because he's concerned for someone there, like Galaxian. I haven't put much thought into the hypotheticals in this case, however. I do remember the strongest hint for his side was probably how his PTSD came out during their first meeting, which ig could play into an excuse, but hopefully not. 

Dang, I would've thought he would at least wave back xD
Run! Run away! (I dunno where this joke is from but it's there in my mind??)

It's just me making fun of a typo of yours. Dw.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 1, 2023 02:51:44  #6867

{Cheetah and Mamba}
Y'know, the funny thing is that the answer to that question on the Mamba's end is both as simple as it seems and not. 
Going with what you said about wanting characters to be genuinely close, I guess I can say that you can share Cheetah's point-of-view if you want and ask me to share the Mamba's, but I'm pretty sure it'll be fairly obvious and/or disappointing in the way you mentioned earlier. So yeah.
As with the other character pairs thus far, I wasn't necessarily thinking of creating a new thread with them either xD. Though I might as well use this opportunity to mention something. I'm pretty sure Ishmael mentioned that the Masked Ones have disbanded after the original trio's disappearance. As such, I was wondering about the whereabouts of this trio (sometimes it's hard to remember it's a trio and not a pair lol), whether they've split up, etc. What do you think? I know on the A.A.'s end, there's no use continuing to associate themselves to the stronghold, especially when deities might already be on alert for that one deity death that occurred there (in addition to other events). I've headcanoned that Cheetah can come along if she wants, but I understand if that's not the direction you want her to go (wandering with my characters is generally not the best outcome, I've found. Lol).
Also as a note, that unfound potential is definitely a "we" thing and not a "you" thing. For once, though, it makes sense imo. So again, if you want to discuss that, I'm all up to it, though I might not do the best job at conveying the Mamba's perspective.

Interpreting why they haven't been kicked out literally:
1. My impression is that Cheetah is rather capable when she's on her own, so really the problem is on the Mamba, in whose case--
2. The Mamba staying in the group depends on the A.A.'s contract with the original trio (specifically the Jackal). It was somehow an original condition when they first joined the group, even if their membership continues to be vague. 
3. There's also how he's actually somewhat capable too of fighting and soul-gathering, even if he has literally never shown that in-RP. But this is really not much of a reason compared to the above

The Mamba drags his friend's competence down and relies on another "friend" to keep living. Is that depressing? Well, I'll leave that interpretation up to you. :-P

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 1, 2023 03:03:05  #6868

{Nagesh and Allen}
The plot-related things hampering with possible threads is understandable and, again (I probably sound like a broken mechanical parrot), I wasn't expecting a new thread with them either. For Nagesh there's also the very distinct problem of him probably being able to accomplish too much too fast when it comes to anything, including if he were tasked to rescue Allen or something like that. So that's a plot hole there, which is my bad (though the way I like to think of it is that he's not seen as particularly powerful by any of the deities he's employed to, so if the task were to be assigned to anyone, it wouldn't be to him). The parentheses probably contain a stupid reason, but that's on me for making him the way he is lol. And basically it just goes to say that if you do want something to happen for Allen at some point, Nagesh could most likely ("most likely" as in "most likely out of literally all my characters") get the task done. So yay. I guess.
But overall, I guess we wait 'til plot necessitates their interaction is what we're going for in this case too, huh? xD Though I'm still not sure whether or not Elaine's party thread thing was canon, 'cause Nagesh definitely saw Allen there xD super awkward, man.

I wonder if Allen has ever thought about the prospect of fighting Nagesh or anyone else at Rune's domain lol (: (this is not really a "lol" thing but you know me, I'm just curious as to how he perceives Nagesh's abilities and such. Lol. Don't answer this if you don't want to; I know this is literally in super-vague-no-supporting-material territory)
(Iirc Allen does know how to fight? I think I remember this from very old plot back on the WoFMB. Please tell me I'm not mistaken xD)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 1, 2023 03:09:22  #6869

{Laurie and Manai} 
Also one of my favorite pairs! :D
I do remember that aspect of her character, but sometimes (as you may have noticed) I feel awkward when it comes to roleplaying the Alternate, 'cause I feel like I can't convey them very well (sometimes as a group of my characters, sometimes for certain individuals). So while the thread possibility is very much there, I'm not too sure if I have what it takes to execute that sort of premise. Also, I did try to find someone to continue the museum thread (which reminds me that I suck at setting)...but Time forgot or something :') and I don't really wanna remind him again lol. I don't even wanna look at the thread again to see if something went wrong. So here's to me being a coward. xD
Going back to the roleplaying topic, again, I can't emphasize how much I love these people (lol that sounded better in my head), but I just feel awkward doing it for some reason? Maybe 'cause I can't design Chiyoko, and she and Xolani (and Rei...and their twin lol) don't have forms. Maybe that's why. 
...:')
As I've said before, I theoretically would love to see that development in Laurie and have my characters help her to that point! :D But I dunno how significant it would be if it literally just comes about through fluff, without any significant events. D: I still love the group and Manai/Laurie as a pair though. I think I must've repeated that 5 times by now xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 1, 2023 03:14:37  #6870

{Wiley and Aurae}
...yeah, the guy himself laughed upon reading that. He knows what contribution he made lol. I guess that's a redeeming quality? jk
To his credit, he never actually expected actual compensation and was pretty helpful in the thread logically if I say so myself (basically "his help wasn't bad"), but yeah, an interaction would probably feel weird. One with me not actually knowing what's going on with Aurae (and therefore Wiley has cause for paranoia in a sense; I hope this isn't offensive to Aurae), and second it'd probably be a bland interaction. Like yeah he acts weird, but he'd probably leave as soon as possible, which is never helpful. Ever.
Anyways, lemme know if he can help with her plot, but for some reason I feel like he probably can't. I mean, he can't even cross to the Medieval Sect, so lol. Plus there's something horrifying about him (jokingly or otherwise) flirting with someone who was very much in a happy marriage during life (and her feelings for her spouse have continued after her death/revival unlike some certain Knights of the Round Table *glances at Tristan and etc.*)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera