GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 9, 2023 03:24:12  #6811

Re: Unlimited Chatting, Planning, and Weird Things ~ (@GalaxE and Spec)

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Shouldn't you be in bed though :squint: 
Also if you've read these posts you can probably tell I can't really...English rn (or language in general) lol I'm pretty sure it'd be a futile endeavor :')

-Galaxian-

should and I normally would be sleeping but there were annoying mosquitoes and I woke up and long story short I borrowed a device

Haha no it's okay, it happens. Maybe you're tired and need to rest?

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

February 9, 2023 03:28:01  #6812

If you'd like to chat, I can do it for like an hour probably. Where'd you like to meet up?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

February 9, 2023 03:33:07  #6813

Does google chat sound good to you? I remember we were there last time.
Also is the Boardhost lagging for you or is it my internet? The reply boxes are taking forever to show up.
If we're chatting then I'll reply to the previous page's posts in the morning when I wake up again.

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

February 9, 2023 03:34:32  #6814

Sure.
It's your internet, and no worries on the replies. I noticed you were picking up the pace again. While I appreciate it, make sure not to burn yourself out. I can wait and think of stuff on my own when you're not posting.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 10, 2023 01:47:13  #6815

Responding now 'cause I don't think the second post merits a reply now that we talked a bit earlier today/yesterday

Actually I don't have much to say either since it looks like I mostly got what I wanted out of the convo. I guess I have two questions (the second of which I forgot so I kinda just made up one spontaneously)
1) Would you like to hear how the Thaohal Christmas thread might've gone? I kinda gave up reminding Time so lol, but there was at least one thing I wanted to do in it so yeah :-P
2) Should we make the hiatus over on HPA official? I keep feeling horrible on that front and kind of want a more solid thing on that. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 10, 2023 21:46:38  #6816

Haha yeah it really was helpful to talk in live chat. That's why I didn't really reply to the post. And I think we also talked about the things I replied to that night. Thank you for that, it was especially helpful to get a more solid idea on Xenia, which made me think of her marriage as something cuter than I already thought of it lol.

1. Yes! I know my replies weren't the fastest either but I was very looking forward to it. I guess I'm just :eyes: at any thread involving the Thaohals (I find their story very interesting) and much more with Kiaane (I love them so much). Plus I love roleplaying Martin even if I can't get the grasp on his character I want. You know I've said it before, that I love Martin a lot despite not posting that much about him.

2. I agree with that, but could you mention it to Echo too? Most of the "latest" attempts to patch up holes in development have been made by you and me, and we alone aren't taking care of the AU as should be  That said, I'm still very up for headcanons and IQs haha. 

I know there was smoething else on my mind that I didn't get to mention while we were chatting but rn I don't remember, so if it miraculously comes back to my mind I'll  let you know.
And right, I wanted to ask once again what's the things we need to continue the current F/DA thread? Maybe some of the things we talked about solved some of your issues with that.

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

February 11, 2023 01:56:54  #6817

No problem, I was the one making you stay up until 5 A.M. talking lol (rest assured, no alliance exists between the mosquitoes and me (: ) I still feel like there's a lot I'm not able to convey, but hopefully there will be improvement on that front in the future.

I did think of something in between though. I think I might've caused a slight problem through Rider's catalyst :') literally made it so that Nyoko is trying to summon a Rider with a sword (lol). The problem wouldn't be so bad if not for the fact that I remember you said she feels like she wouldn't deserve to summon a Saber (or a Knight-Class Servant). So yeah, I accidentally made her do something illogical lmiao.
...so uh, any suggestions for how I could maybe fix that? I unfortunately got too fixated on the catalyst for my own good, but I was thinking maybe I could have something tied around the sword as an implication that there's a Riding component to its owner or something. Lol. yeah I did something stupid...but at least it's super memey :')

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 11, 2023 02:16:27  #6818

Me: (*writing about Xenia*)
F/GO: Have a "Love's Curse" CE! Enjoy its implications!!

:')

---

1. Okay, so basically Kiaane bought a toy airplane for Martin :') it was one of those things where the components of it are all in the box and you get to figure out how to put it together through some hints. Or you could make something entirely different. 
And if it seems like a gift in somewhat bad taste, it is. Because it's Kiaane :') I wanted them to give him something though so they came up with that, kinda. They got some help with it on the way but the premise is just about that lol.

2. Sorry, I didn't quite catch what I should be mentioning. The inactivity? I reckon him not mentioning anything is because he doesn't want to pressure us. And design-wise (and probably POVing-wise) I'm the one causing the problems. :'D

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 11, 2023 02:38:45  #6819

Okay.
I read through the thread and surprisingly didn't cringe too much, which either means I was okay at POVing or just did not improve at all. So I think there are two things
1. I think I need to develop Sunny a bit more so I have more confidence in his interactions with Caster. I think what I have already isn't bad, and it's unlikely he'll change too much, but daytime Sunny is a bit different from nighttime Sunny, and I do want to make my characters as consistent as possible. Hopefully this won't take a year (: but if I start obsessing over abilities, just remind me that combat stuff is a long ways away, and I'll hopefully focus on motivations and backstory as I should be. So yeah :D and then after this I guess I'll just need to check in with you to summarize his relationship with Sollux (again for consistency purposes), and we should be good to go.
2. ...though with one condition. I feel like my roleplaying style has been causing problems all around. Do you have any suggestions and/or preferences on that front? For example, maybe I should write shorter posts? Stick to dialogue? Give the reins to you like 75% of the time (or at least attempt to)? Let me know, 'cause right now I feel like my RPing style is kinda selfish, and I'd like to improve it as much as I can.
Related to that, I think I'll probably try to define setting more too but tone down the descriptions a bit so you can improvise as well. Is this my usual list number cheating? Well yes, but I forgot to mention it so here I am editing. (:

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 12, 2023 22:38:13  #6820

Your mentioning the mosquitoes makes the whole thing more suspicious (:
(Jk, ik it was a coincidence)

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I think I might've caused a slight problem through Rider's catalyst :') literally made it so that Nyoko is trying to summon a Rider with a sword (lol). The problem wouldn't be so bad if not for the fact that I remember you said she feels like she wouldn't deserve to summon a Saber (or a Knight-Class Servant). So yeah, I accidentally made her do something illogical lmiao.

Bruh and rip lol, but don't worry because stuff like that happens in ideas. So, hmm, right now I don't know how that could be fixed, other than her knowing the sword will Not summon a Saber, but I dunno if that works. I don't know Rider's story so I can't offer an alternative but I think that's what I'd suggest in this case? Then again, lots of heroes wield swords, so it wouldn't necessarily be related to a Saber Ig... no idea. 
I guess as long as the catalyst doesn't say "Hi I summon Sabers" it should be fine. I don't know what else to say lol. It's good you caught this detail because look, me being Nyoko's creator, and I didn't even think of that.

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

February 12, 2023 22:43:28  #6821

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Me: (*writing about Xenia*)
F/GO: Have a "Love's Curse" CE! Enjoy its implications!!

Love be like that. But I'm replying to this part only because I can feel Paymon say that he'd suffer through a curse of love if it's for Xenia and I don't know if that's romantic or corny lol

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

1. Okay, so basically Kiaane bought a toy airplane for Martin :') it was one of those things where the components of it are all in the box and you get to figure out how to put it together through some hints. Or you could make something entirely different. 
And if it seems like a gift in somewhat bad taste, it is. Because it's Kiaane :') I wanted them to give him something though so they came up with that, kinda. They got some help with it on the way but the premise is just about that lol.

It really is a normal gift imo lol except that Martin has literally never seen an airplane. Now I wonder his reaction to that, a new thing. I think he'd be quite curious and try to tinker with it. And now I'm also thinking of how his reaction to the modern sect would be like. He's never left the Medieval Sect.
But hey, props to Kiaane for thinking of a gift, whatever it is! Martin would've been grateful anyways. Doubt anyone else had even thought of gifting him something (if anyone thought about Martin at all).

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

2. Sorry, I didn't quite catch what I should be mentioning. The inactivity? I reckon him not mentioning anything is because he doesn't want to pressure us. And design-wise (and probably POVing-wise) I'm the one causing the problems. :'D

Yeah, the hiatus notice. From my part that's okay and I think we can return to it in the future. Do you need help with anything related to that AU?

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

February 12, 2023 22:54:27  #6822

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

1. I think I need to develop Sunny a bit more so I have more confidence in his interactions with Caster. I think what I have already isn't bad, and it's unlikely he'll change too much, but daytime Sunny is a bit different from nighttime Sunny, and I do want to make my characters as consistent as possible. Hopefully this won't take a year (: but if I start obsessing over abilities, just remind me that combat stuff is a long ways away, and I'll hopefully focus on motivations and backstory as I should be. So yeah :D and then after this I guess I'll just need to check in with you to summarize his relationship with Sollux (again for consistency purposes), and we should be good to go.

Alright, the development part I'll leave to you. Sollux is kind of easy for me to roleplay because I have a good grasp on her characetr and I think that her part in the thread should come to an end soon. Iirc she's just going to be a side character in the AU, and that's okay. I'm open to further discussion about her and her relationships anyway.
Combat stuff is a long ways away. Remember that and it's good that I mention it again because I get nervous when thinking about that lol, yes, but it'll be a while till we get there.
Alright then! What part do you wanna focus on first?

I'll reply to part 2 tomorrow because rn I'm really tired but I've been thinking about my replies all weekend and I don't wanna leave this hanging in case I forget (which is very likely). I'll reply tomorrow. Have a good night uwu.

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

February 12, 2023 22:55:40  #6823

Ah but before I leave I wanted to briefly mention that the day we chatted and you brought up that what-if of Paymon and Xenia being resurrected, that thing hasn't left my mind lol, obviously it's there as an alternate universe or headcanon sort of thing but I just kinda like found it to be super cute and I can't get it out of my head.
Thoughts on the mamtter?

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

February 13, 2023 01:36:07  #6824

Sorry for responding but I've found the more I put my posts off the worse the quality gets. This might be repeating a mistake but lol

----

(: Yes I totally messed up my own sleep schedule on purpose hehe

[Rider's catalyst]
I think I found a solution for it. Basically there's a long segment of bridle rope that's attached to the sword and tied around the hilt. It's really hard to take off. But yeah, that means the summoning catalyst has that detail to it that hopefully resolves the issue. Lemme know if I'm stretching it though, and I can think of alternatives lol.
Clearly if it's a sword it summons an Archer. I don't know what I was thinking. Smh.

[Love's Curse]
(*shuddering from romantic feelings that don't belong to self as well as whatever the heck Xenia just said in response to that*) ...just let me perish.

[Toy Airplane]
Exactly. :']
Also keep in mind that this is Kiaane so the manual might not even be in the right language for the most part and they're unlikely to offer any explanation for the thing. They just give this badly wrapped box with a cool airplane plastered on the front and expect everything to be figured out. 

[HPA]
Actually the biggest part is just me not drawing people lol. For some reason I've never been very good at drawing people in more realistic settings. Thanks for the inquiry though.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 13, 2023 02:14:22  #6825

[F/DA] 
I'm pretty sure I finished with my end of development. My self-confidence will probably disappear as soon as the thread resumes, but yeah, just gonna wait for your response to Part 2, I suppose.
What I was thinking was, maybe we could give a short description (kinda like how we used to write character pages) for how we see their relationships? I think the rest could probably be done by headcanons. Or I'll cross the bridge when I get there (if I haven't burned it down in advance.)
I kinda came up with this spontaneously, but here's kinda what I have for my end. Spoiler tagged so you can write down your thoughts before looking at mine if you wish. That way, I can see possible sources of inconsistencies. 

|Sollux|
Sunny's little sister.
Perhaps because he has been the one to take care of her for much of her life, it's hard to put into words what their relationship truly is like.
On one hand, he considers her the person closest to him. Even if sometimes he feels like he cannot understand her, he considers her happiness his own and truly wishes the best for her.
On the other, despite Sunny allowing Sollux to learn magecraft on her own and shielding the outside from the fact, the two of them overall inhabit two different worlds. Consequently, despite their time together, it's possible neither of them understand each other that well. 
For Sunny, he tries his best to understand what it means to have a healthy sibling relationship, so he tries to keep her in the know for most things, like current happenings in the magecraft world as well as his current whereabouts. On the other hand, he is very protective of her, and can give off the impression of being over-worrying as a result. The relatively large age gap between them also means that he can have troubles relating to his younger sibling. As a result, he can easily become detached from her life and can feel more like a distant relative than a brother.
Furthermore, because she is the one person in the world he cannot bear losing, he can at times yield too easily to her will or even seem insincere in how he acts towards her. The impression is not helped by his overall difficulty in conveying himself. Regardless, there are certain boundaries that he knows well, so it's impossible to make him yield on those. In the end, his sibling's safety is of the utmost importance to him, a priority that cannot be changed no matter how others perceive it or him.

(And btw feel free to just write like a sentence or two lol, I just like sounding like I know stuff, as you already know. Yay (: )

----

[Resurrection Idea(??)]
I agree with it being cute, but honestly I have no thoughts. xD It's kinda just what I've mentioned before, with you having that Genshin Impact AU where they're NPCs and me having that Fox Spirit Matchmaker one, though on my end I have no hopes of being able to draw Paymon atm so :').
In GGaD, logically (lol probably one of the most disliked words when it comes to me speaking it), there's very little possibility of them being able to be resurrected, at least from what I currently can think of. I think it's entirely possible Xenia could've worked at the very last moment so that Paymon is able to enter some reincarnation cycle out there, but due to the nature of her existence, it's not possible for her to join him. So yeah :') even if she can only watch him, she's happy that he's out there and has found his happiness, even if in this life it's not necessarily with her.
Sorry if this isn't the answer you were looking for at all lol.

Let me know if you like the bracket summaries thing I tried this time or if you'd prefer I quote posts like you do. Tbh I just don't do the latter because it just doesn't feel right to me. I dunno lol. But I can give it a try if it's what works for you. Not to rush you on your replies in any case, of course.
Anyhow, no problem. Thanks for your response and have a good night.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 13, 2023 18:59:16  #6826

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

2. ...though with one condition. I feel like my roleplaying style has been causing problems all around. Do you have any suggestions and/or preferences on that front?

A lot of the time I feel like I'm reading a story or book when I read your roleplay posts, and I personally like that but it often feels sort of closed when nothing is said towards my character. I think the dialogue is balanced, especially in setting where you're using more characters (the Alternate threadt), and in those cases I don't mind at all tha you take the lead since you're the one who made the thread and all. In other threads I think I'd appreciate a little more focus on the character rather than the surroundings, or maybe the way they think, but that's leaning a bit more towards my own rping style and I don't want to take away from yours. Plus you do those things already in moderation anyways so lol.
In general, I usually don't mind following a your lead when I'm roleplaying since it's what I'm used to. It's hard for me to take a leading role (something I need to work on, having my narration style be less passive, add more imagination in) for fear I'll say or narrate something wrongly. I've mentioned before and I say again that the only issue with your roleplaying I sometimes have is when it feels like you're narrating for yourself instead of for the other thread participants. But that's all I can say. I don't have any miraculous insight and I hope this can be understandable enough to be of help : )

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

February 13, 2023 19:13:14  #6827

[Rider's catalyst]
I don't want to force you to think of something else bc that can use up thinking time that might be better used on another topic. The idea sounds good enough to me. Nyoko will be able to tell what is related to the sword, and it's more logical to get a Rider with a sword than a Saber with a mount. So, following that train of thought, the catalyst should be good to go like this.
The Archer class is made of Archers.

[Toy Airplane]
Marting opening the gift only to find a thing he's never seen before and a manual written in Thai language: 

[HPA]
I wish you good luck in that area then! Doesn't look like there's much I can do so good luck :3

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

February 13, 2023 19:57:25  #6828

[F/DA] 
I haven't read the spoiler yet, but I like the idea of sharing information that way. I'll think about this tonight bc rn I don't have inspiration to think in-character, so I'll reply to that tomorrow. Also I have to reread the thread we have so as to remember where we left off. I remember being pleased with how I roleplayed back then so I hope the feeling remains.

[Resurrection Idea]
I never thought of this as a possibility or something that could be canon btw, it was just on my mind lol. I think maybe consciously or subconsciously we just want them to be hapy but like. They're just dead in all universes excepto for those AUs you mentioned, from what I can tell. Also yes I'll draw Paymon again one of these days. Hopefully something fit for showing.
Bruh the idea of Paymon reincarnating by himself is way too sad, he could never be with anyone but Xenia, it doesn't sit right in my mind. If they die they die together and stay dead together. Period.

[Bracket Summaries]
I like this new idea, it feels a lot more convenient than quoting and it doesn't blow up the post size. I normally do quoting because it's best for me to be able to see what I'm replying to while writing the replies instead of scrolling down a lot, which is something that takes away my motivation a lot. This way I can also just click reply and write my reply underneath and then deleate, while keeping the title so we know what topic the text is talking about.

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

February 14, 2023 02:38:11  #6829

[RPing Style]
This portion might be a bit long, so feel free not to respond. It might be a bit redundant as well.
So basically what you've said before. I'll keep what you've said in mind. Part of the problem might be me being accustomed to either writing on my own or participating in past public threads, where leading characters' actions were more general (or else the post would become awkward with turning this and that way). I'll try making some adjustments, then, and I guess I'll be relying on you to give any feedback on how it's going going forward, especially if there are problems.
However. And I know this is really critical coming from someone literally asking for feedback. The thing is, after reading through threads here, and in the past, I feel as if my roleplaying style hasn't really changed. The same problems were always here in different degrees, and while that's not something to be proud of, it kind of indicates to me that maybe there's something on your end that maybe stresses you out in a way that you didn't worry about before--something that maybe created a new problem between all these years. Perhaps that self-consciousness you mentioned, of saying/narrating something wrongly? Because as I've said before, long posts are really my way to try to elicit "engagement" when I feel like other characters aren't really responding (or if I'm just not being as enthusiastic as I'd like myself), and it's interesting to me that you see it as the opposite. It feels like those two factors, me making long posts and you maybe being intimidated by them, really go in the opposite direction, which is intriguing for me to consider.
Overall, I guess what I'm trying to say is...I feel like the vast majority of threads between us haven't changed too much in how they're conducted and in the roleplaying-related issues they involve, but I also feel like the effect has gotten worse in comparison to before. So, even though I definitely need to improve on many areas, there's something about the problem that I think is most likely related to some change on your end. 
Otherwise! I will try to be more mindful on including your characters in my posts, even if it feels more forced to me. I can also try timeskipping more if there's literally nothing I can do on that front. I will also try to shorten my posts whenever possible since I feel like it achieves the opposite effect. (Sometimes I can't help it, though.) And for F/DA in particular, I think I'll be able to not control the thread as much when your characters are the Masters, just to keep in line with how the overall dynamic is supposed to be like. So basically, I think the only thing I can't really do is showing characters thoughts more. That's kinda a point when it comes to my characters (: I try to emulate how you can't read people's thoughts. Probably annoying but when am I not annoying lol.
So there it is I suppose, an unnecessarily long analysis. Moving on!

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 14, 2023 02:47:41  #6830

[Rider's Catalyst]
(*looks at Lanling Wang and Mandricardo*) Ahaha.

[Toy Airplane]
...and Kiaane has miraculously managed to disappear within seconds of them being needed. :]

[F/DA] 
Okay.

[Resurrection Idea]
Yeah, we really did kill them off before they really existed. 'Tis the fate of tragic backstory characters. Especially parents.
I guess I can ask you the question back. What were you thinking relating to this topic?

[Bracket Summaries]
Glad you like it! Though obviously if you like quoting stuff more, you can do that. I just don't work very well with those myself. I did notice you're really good at picking out the parts that give context, unlike me lol.

[F/DA (again)]
On the topic of F/DA, I drew Sunny and he is gorgeous xD really fashionable for a character who belongs to me :-P
I await your response eagerly! But again, if you don't feel inspired, don't feel like you have to set a time limit on yourself. Any time will do as long as it's within the month, really. Lol.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 14, 2023 17:23:19  #6831

[Rider's Catalyst]
Shhh they're exceptions. And isn't Mandricardo a Rider anyways?

[Resurrection Idea]
That "what were you thinking" can sound so accusatory xD dw though Ik what you mean.
There wasn't much on my mind lol, just mostly how cute it'd be for them to fall in love all over again. I don't remember if I mentioned this on chat but the first idea that came to mind was that they'd be fated to be a couple any time they're alive (soulmates? I don't know much about that concept.). So, my thoughts followed that logic. Yeah, that, them becoming a couple under different, happier/more peaceful circumstances.

[Bracket Summaries]
I'll still quote for some longer posts btw, and when I want to reply to a specific part. I don't know, it's a matter of preferences I guess. But thanks for the innovation!

[F/DA]
Oooooh fancy Sunny. Does he wear cravats?
Oh believe me, I'm eager to write a reply too xD. But I don't want to make a half-baked job when writing about stuff I consider important, especially if it's related to planning and others' characters.

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

February 15, 2023 19:04:41  #6832

[F/DA description]

--> Sunny <--
Sollux's older brother, only relative, and the one authority figure in her life.
Having grown up knowing him only, she has had time to see various aspects of him, and ultimately believes him to be a sort of "silent protector". Friends and seasons come and go, but Sollux can always count on her brother to be there and listen if she has something to share. That said, Sollux tends to find his difficulties (trouble understanding technology and difficulty with socialization) to be rather funny, but not enough of a liability to warrant seeing him as a cringy type of person. She'd gladly help him out as she can, after all.
Being able to understand magecraft is something that made Sollux look up to him, glad to have a part in a world she thinks of as mysterious and "totally magical". Despite her slightly rebellious tendencies in recent years, the magecraft aspect along with some shared truths about family made Lux place her full trust in her older brother. He has a view of the world that is different from hers because he's seen different things, so perhaps he really does know best after all.
"Don't judge him for acting kinda stupid sometimes, he's super smart in topics you can't begin to understand!"

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

February 15, 2023 19:05:33  #6833

Took a few little liberties writing that hehe. Please do let me know what you think lol
But rn I have to go, tomorrow I'll read through your part and reply to that.

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

February 16, 2023 02:47:04  #6834

[Rider's Catalyst]
You may be correct, but you are not right. <:

[Resurrection Idea]
Oh yeah, I guess my idea of them universally falling in love whenever they meet could just be summarized by the term lol. Like no matter their differences in backstory/character, that fact remains unchanged.
Also, by the way, Xia learning to accept watching Paymon reincarnate (hypothetically) and seek his happiness even without her is basically learned from him, in contrast to her overattachment to him at first (which she'd describe as more "selfish"...term is a bit extreme imo lol)
I also came up with a headcanon yesterday! Basically Xenia has a kinda weird way of kissing, like if she kisses Paymon she'll just nudge the side of his face slightly with her mouth. And this is 'cause she never really had any exposure to what kissing is. Sorry if this is cursed for you to read xD, idk it's cute to me lol. Tell me to keep it to myself if it makes you uncomfortable or anything.
Oh yeah, may I ask you what Paymon's moral alignment is? Totally not for persomal reasons (:

-Galaxian-
(sending this early in case phone battery dies)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 16, 2023 03:01:21  #6835

[F/DA]
Maybe he'd wear them to formal events hosted by mages, but definitely not outside of those events. Which is funny since iirc there was one world where he would wear them. That one was a totally fantasy setting though.

[Sibling Relationship Descriptions]
Aww, I really like that! I really like the seasons reference in particular. So cute xD.
I wonder if at the end she's talking to a hypothetical someone or to herself xD like just as a reminder when he's hopelessly out of it she has to remind herself he's not always like that xD
Anyways! Super nice, thank you for that. For some reason I tend to really need reassurance for character relationships sometimes, especially for theirs.
Also I feel like the tone of the descriptions fit them :D
Sorry if this is short of expectations, but I really really like it lol. I think I miss descriptions like these. What do you think? Should we maybe do this more in the future? (Though not too much obviously lol, that's hecking draining. xD)
Furthermore, I have some things to add relating to their backstory. Would you be interested in hearing them and offering your opinion?

[Galaxian's Cursed Thoughts]
I know this is probably OOC but I'm just imagining Sollux making up a TikTok dance for a school assignment or something and recruiting her brother to help xD so there's this recording of Sollux doing derpy dance moves while innately being good at them while Sunny is accompanying with the weird dance moves he needs to do but simultaneously just having the most clueless expression on his face like 0-0 xDD

(What a way to end this post lol)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 17, 2023 18:37:25  #6836

[Rider's Catalyst]
RAAARGH
Returning to topic, I think the updated version of the catalyst is perfectly fine. I approve it.

[Resurrection Idea]
Yayyy soulmates :D
I love your idea of Xenia's development because it implies that while she and Paymon were a couple they learned a lot from each other, to become better people, and I agree with that so hard I love it.
Awww that's such a cute headcanon xD so she doesn't actually do the kissing action but just puts her lips on his cheeks? I imagine Paymon also found that to be really cute and didn't try to change it because it was a unique thing to Xenia.
I'll go test his moral alignment bc I don't know for sure, I'll edit the message once I have it.
Edit: Ran him through the test and my man is a Chaotic Good

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (February 17, 2023 22:33:50)

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

February 22, 2023 10:26:34  #6837

Btw what is Xenia's moral alignment? Since you asked me about Paymon, I'm curious about hers.

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

February 22, 2023 10:37:42  #6838

Yeah, seasons! I was debating if I should incluse the wording or not just in case it was too corny but hey xD I couldn't help it in the end and it's kind of poetic.
For the final quote I was imagining it's Sollux's answer to someone asking her about Sunny. It could totally pass as her speaking to herself while looking at him trying to figure out a TV remote control or if she sees someone look at him judgingly/disapprovingly, she'd just go up to them and BAM, words.
What I really liked about the descriptions we made is how each one is from each sibling's point of view. I feel the main shared point is that they care for each other, even if their way of showing that is different. And I think it's also an interesting sibling dynamic because it's not them being all chummy but it's also not distant enough for them to act like parent and child, but rather I feel it's a sibling relatinoship where there's responsibility on Sunny and Sollux respects his opinion and yaeh well I don't know how to say it but xD it got me thinking (in a positive manner).
I'd love to make more descriptions like these! It reminds me of the wiki but with a more hands-on feeling to it. Maybe because of that familiarity I feel like I should use words that you'd find on a wiki page or something xD but as long as they convey the relationship, I don't mind at all.
And yes of course I wanna hear these backstory things. I'm waiting >:3c

First thing, what kind of assignmen is a TikTok dance? XD I mean I guess it could be but it's a funny thought to me lol
Okay but I know above I said their relatinoship isn't like parent-child but this reminded me so hard of this one video I saw of a teen girl and her dad doing a cute dance (I don't remember the name rn b ut it's a popular cute jp song) and the girl was dancing all tiktok-like very well and the dad is kind of stiff but happily trying to follow the girl's moves and at the end the girl just doubles over laughing and the video ends.

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

February 23, 2023 01:31:41  #6839

Putting my response off caused me to forget most of my thoughts so if this post is mostly blank that's probably why

----

[Moral Alignments] 
Xenia's a case where she doesn't really have a philosophy tied in front of her morality, so she's probably just Good. Maybe Chaotic Good situationally, but again, it's kinda philosophical in my view to add a "chaotic" in front when she doesn't really think that hard about it. 
Gotta love how both parents are both good in alignment while their kids are neutral

For some reason Sunny being dumb is hysterical to me and I dunno why. 

[Backstory Things]
These are basically just a few details? I forgot some points (but retained the main ones), but I hope that's okay.
-I did some character moving-around and basically Sollux probably has little to no memory of her parents unless she can remember things from when she was 2. For some reason, I like to think she has some memory of them, but that's up to you. The reason for this is because Xenia and Paymon went on a year-long outing (possibly originally planned to be half a year) around this time and left their kids in another family's care. So in terms of clearer memories I would think that (A.K.A. it is technically more logical that) Sollux has more of that family than she does of her mother and father.
-Sunny encourages Sollux to study more traditional magecraft types than their family's, partially because he himself has a lot of problems trying to figure out the rest of what their parents didn't teach him. He especially encourages her to hone her affinity with the elements. This somewhat solves the problem of me not being able to communicate abilities, though it's likely that they still have some sort of shared basis in this respect that I won't be able to hide from at some point.
-I decided Sunny doesn't have a Magic Crest, making it so that none of my Master characters have them. Hopefully that'll help balance out power levels or something of the sort (':
-Random fact but F/DA Sunny's okay at hugs
-And random headcanon that F/DA Sollux has literally never had a cold. Maybe she's had fevers though. I dunno, for some reason it's funny to imagine Sunny being sick and being bundled in 5 blankets while she's just vibing. Kinda like one of those happy bobby figures that Chinese people used to like to buy, if that helps at all.

I dunno, a weird one probably.
Oh, nice. I can actually kinda imagine it. Sounds wholesome.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 23, 2023 23:07:12  #6840

(Alignments)
Trauma does that(?

(Backstory things)
That's perfectly fine by mye! Lux might have a vague image of her parents, but I think her 'memories' might be more influenced by any pictures she may have seen or rhings she's been told than actual true experidnces she lived. So, her view of her parents is likely quite ideañlized. Does that make sense?
Btw who'd rhat other family be? Any ideas or is it justa a random family friends of their parebtsm?
The magwcraft thing is ok w me too. It also makes sense bc I like to give Lux fire and/or light powers in other universes, and fire here is an element (iirc Tokiomi Tohsaka could wield it well). So maybe she focused on that? I also sewm to recall we once discussed element affinity, but y may ve misremembering.
Haha maybe Lux likes hugs too
Sunny gets sick and shes she one to care fgor him hehe. She vibing

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

Board footera