HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 22, 2023 01:45:54  #6781

Re: Unlimited Chatting, Planning, and Weird Things ~ (@GalaxE and Spec)

Archer exists just so I can die a little more inside reading roleplay posts. Just the norm.
Yeah, I saw your message on your homethread. I've gone through similar issues, so what I'd advise is just getting one's thoughts down all at once and going with whatever formatting works best for you. But also, late responses don't mean too much to me right now because it means I can stall more, too. So it's a win-win. Just please try to respond within 3 months, because even that is stretching it a bit for me.
On the chant specifically, it's alright if you just put feedback or can't reply anything. Just let me know, and we can always substitute it later. As of now, since the draft exists, I feel like Caster's catalyst (a general idea of it) and Sunny's backstory is more important. On the subject of which, I feel like I might be slightly restraining myself because Paymon is your character and I don't know him very well, so I'm not too sure how to go about on that front.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

January 26, 2023 15:46:43  #6782

After reading the chant several tiesand still being impressed by the fancy-sounding words I think I give it a good rating. It's still kinda cool to me but it seems more "mystical" now, I think. I still like it a lot, and yeah I'm not gonna ask for the lore, plus I doubt the characters would know it either. In my opinion it's a chant that just works and that's good enough for me. Plus it just sounds really good. The only thing I'm curiosu about is in the first part, what does "base of char" mean? Aside from that I give a check mark ✅ I think it's very much usable!
(Here's to hoping that for my part I can come up with something that fits the mood of the rest of the chant lol)

Now, replying to the post above
I'm still struggling with Caster's catalyst. I think I might have set the bar too high when I said it was something that could relate to several legends from the same place (also an oof for me for not including anything noteworthy enough for a catalyst in the story). I'll still have to think about this really and it's just oof. Oof.
About Paymon, just ask me about stuff if you're unsure about details or things he might or might not do. While he is my character, remember that he's part of a collab story with you, so you also have a say in how things go related to him. Communication is important.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

January 26, 2023 20:42:54  #6783

Forgot to mention this but around next month I'll probably be making a Clocktower thread. Think you'll be able to participate?

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

January 27, 2023 01:38:32  #6784

I have noted your "good", "good enough", and "usable" wording to agonize over in unforeseen future 4 A.M.s
I'm not too sure what you mean, but aside from the general flames motif the chant has, it references the saying "Ashes to ashes, dust to dust" from the Book of Common Prayer
If you're struggling too much with the clause, I can try to make it. It's just that I haven't used the time/effort to come up with F/DA's Mad Enhancement system as of yet, which would be important for me in coming up with it. 

Well, if it's too difficult, I guess you can just come up with something that fits for the time being? As is the case with the chant, it's very easily changeable, just maybe spanning a few posts rather than one. (Unless it's a 500-pound statue, of course, in which case...uhh.)
I understand how difficult it can be to make catalysts too. It really is easier when you have a historical figure than when you're making an original character lol. 
Edit: Also if this could be of help, I just realized F/DA Sunny is perfectly capable of snatching a 500-pound statue as a catalyst, if that helps. ...Probably doesn't, though.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 27, 2023 01:44:19  #6785

I didn't talk about catalysts for my characters there, but if you're interested in that for some reason, let me know. But for Caster's case, do also know you can change whatever. It's not like everything you said back in April 2021 (or whereabouts) has to be accurate.

The struggle is less in what he would do and more in  the generalities. I feel like I really don't know him that well. Also, I tell you almost nothing about Xenia, so that's a problem too. Maybe the biggest issue for F/DA is not knowing his background, though. Iirc you've said it isn't too important, but I might need it in this case (and also to quell some of my occasional doubts when it comes to how he met Xia too; I have almost no doubt in their relationship, but rn it kinda lacks substance lol).

I might be able to participate, but honestly, I probably wouldn't. I feel like it really is better for most threads when I'm not in them. But let me know if Lianhuan's presence is needed. I'd just have to rein myself back a bit.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 31, 2023 19:25:32  #6786

Hmmm don't agonize over it. I meant all of them in a good way. I just didn't want to sound too optmistic because it sounds like you're not too proud of the result? In my opinion the chant is an awesome thing the way you wrote it and I love it.
I'll try to do the extra part myself. You did do the whole chant on your own so it's only fair I at least do a bit of the work that's left. And anyways it's a part that my character will be saying. If I really, really can't come up with anything by the time we discuss the Mad Enhacement or reach the thread where this will be needed, I'll tell you cand we can collab on that bit.

About the catalyst I actually though of something last night! It can work quite well I think, and obvioulsy if I find something better I'll let you know. Sounds like a lot of fanfare for a single thing but really uh it's just something you might find at a museum or something like that: an old chunk of tree bark with rune-like carings on it. It'd obviously look quite old but well-kept (except you can't really read the writing), and it fits the idea I had in the sense of being a general thing (whole forest area) instead of being directly related to a single character. And it's specific enough in the sense that it's known it can summon someone from the area. So, does that work for you? Lemme know please haha I'm so nervous over this.
Btw I had a mental image of Sunny just deadlifting a huge statue from a plaza and people staring with their eyes just all big while Lux cheers on the side xD

There's a bunch of stuff I've changed since we shared the original character ideas tbh. Most of them are relating to Aereon haha, I've rehauled most of the stuff but she's still a v shady person. Y'know, just the kind of character she is. That hasn't changed. But in details for the other characters, the only things I didn't change are their personalities. Other than that, the backstories and some stuffs have been tweaked. Nothing major though, all of which can be revealed in due time in the roleplay.
And yes I want to know the catalysts you have for your characters, that's important information. I just never brought it up because, well, I dunno, I don't think we've talked about the topic that much. I do have catalysts for Assassin and Lancer though and I think I've told them to you too. But do let me know about your characters!

I also wanted to let you know that I am extremely proud of the story I gave Assassin I had the idea for a long time but I did the finished draft last month and the people I shared it with have been super satisfied and so am I so I can't wait to bring it up in the roleplay

Darn, I guess I'll have to define Paymon's backstory a bit more then? I've had several ideas but I never set anything in stone directly so it's all pretty vague. I can give him a more solid background in F/DA than in GGaD though so if you need that I can get to work. I like him as a character despite the fact that I haven't worked that much on him, maybe I just like him because of how cute I find his relationship with Xenia? Relationship goals lol. I agree with the last bit of your paragraph there too hehe. So, what would you like specifically here? Lemme know!

About the thread, well, if you're not sure, then I'm inviting you in advance. I love Lianhuan and I know the dude just wants the best for others despite impressions the others may have of him. Plus it really wouldn't be a Clocktower thread without all the roleplayers involved. If anything that isn't supposed to happen in the thread comes to happen I'll let you know, but I just enjoy seeing the characters interact with each other. This thread specifically is something I've been planning with Time for a while but it probably needs some prompts from the rest of the characters present to progress. I have high hopes for it hehe.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 1, 2023 02:21:58  #6787

Sounds good.

What if we made the tree the bark was from ginormous just so Sunny can haul around this big ol chunk of tree skin
Like literally changing the lore setting just so a joke could be canon (just kidding ofc, though this is something I would probably do :-P lol)
In more seriousness, I'm not really qualified to judge it as long as it's logical/works for you. I think I'm really more concerned with Master-Servant compatibility and how well-known our Servants are than the catalysts. So for Sunny's end, as long as he could steal the thing (which a museum works perfectly for...wow I accidentally made a museum thief oops), we should be good. Unless I change that too, ofc, lol. Also, I think Caster's catalyst sounds cool, though maybe I'm making it too glowy in comparison to how it actually is. Well, glow or not, I think it's cool huge chunk of tree bark tho
am curious as to what kind of museum would display it (if it is displayed at all) or collect it, but I guess that's not important at the moment
Btw the mental image of the statue-carrying is very cute, so thank you (though it does imply Sunny stealing the catalyst in broad daylight with onlookers all around, which is honestly more of a GGaD!Sunny thing to do and for all the wrong reasons. Still funny tho xD)
Lux do be like "Yess! Brother! Burglary in front of everyone! :DD!" though lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 1, 2023 02:34:27  #6788

No worries, I changed a bunch about my characters too. Maybe even more than what you did since I've revamped some of their backstories multiple times and have made some huge adjustments to some of their personalities. Tbh I kinda hope you don't remember most of the stuff from 2021 because some of it was tremendously cringe and not in a healthy way
Related to what you said there about Aereon, I think I'm honestly most concerned about Berserker and Aereon as a pair because...I'm not even too sure why. I think it has to do with a concern for interaction and plot quality? Idk, maybe I'm just hyperfocusing on them when the concern is general lol. 
Also apologies for this post being all over the place. I really can't word what I want to say very well at the moment.
Back to the catalysts talk, do note I never said I'd tell you the catalysts (: which is good [for me] because just yesterday I came up with a new brainstorm for multiple of them, so now I have to go through those after a period of time again to make sure my ideas aren't too bad/trite.
What I was actually talking about was giving you an update on how developed my characters' catalysts were, so I guess I'll try to do so?

Saber: Needs more story development honestly. The catalyst part shouldn't be too hard as long as I can do that. I have a few ideas for this already, though I forget if they're an intentional summon (iirc they are??)
Archer: Special circumstances arose, but just know he can be summoned by a fruit and that's just funny to me (E)
Rider: No design for his catalyst but it should be good unless huge changes pop up in his story
Berserker: Ideas are there but story development and solidification is needed to make sure I have it right. He's someone who doesn't have much associated with him, so the choice part, again, shouldn't be hard. Just the story part needs work

Rider and Berserker are both kinda iffy when it comes to the intentional summon department, with Rider's case being slightly less problematic than Berserker's. Which is horrible because iirc Aereon would very likely not make an unintentional summon (basically a mistake). I'm trying to rationalize this out too.

I think I might've forgotten Lancer's catalyst, but iirc Assassin's is her blood-stained ribbon?
There'll be two threads until one of my Servant characters shows up (Rider), so honestly I'm not too concerned on my end as long as I keep thinking about the AU. Again, however, I am concerned about the logic behind intentional summons for my Servant characters, so hopefully I can come up with good tales to back up whatever I've been trying to piece together.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 1, 2023 02:39:55  #6789

(: that is a lot of smiley faces (: slight concern (:
The intense post foreshadowing aside, I'm looking forward to it! I unfortunately cannot say my ideas are peer-reviewed because I traumatize my mom with my stories, but hopefully 4 A.M. and normal me are just different enough to basically be different people. Without it being DID, I mean. That wouldn't be good. 
Also, for this pair specifically, I hope I can also live up to what I've been hinting at for Ambryll as well, so :D !

I think I'll actually end this post here lol. Lol what is organization

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 1, 2023 03:07:50  #6790

For Paymon's backstory, I think my biggest priorities are where/how he and Xenia met, how they developed their relationship, and what kind of environment Sunny and Sollux would have grown up in under their care. Their parenting style and what they did with their kids, basically. I usually have headcanons, but those are all one-sided.
I know this is vague, so sorry for that again. I don't necessarily know how to word what I have for Xenia here either, so maybe just think about it for now? Sit on it a bit? We can talk about it the next time we chat (or at least one of those times) (lol I just remembered we have almost never stayed on topic when it comes to anything related to GGaD!Sunny and Sollux's plot,,, lol my bad :'))
Honestly I'm not too sure how much of this is me actually wanting to make things more consistent in GGaD and F/DA and how much of it is just me wanting to ship them in my own lil HYXHN AU lol
Anyways just me bringing up a topic and then putting it on hiatus?? I'll let you know if I can think of better questions but rn I'm stumped.

And thanks for the invitation. I'll try to make it there then. Though, I do think that if Time and Eliza's posts are of any indication, this plot is definitely not a fluffy plot (if those even exist) (: don't they realize what their deities' development entails for the rest of the Clocktower (':
Saying this ahead of time--if I ruin anything, just lemme know and I'll wait a few posts before jumping in again.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 6, 2023 18:31:28  #6791

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

What if we made the tree the bark was from ginormous just so Sunny can haul around this big ol chunk of tree skin
Like literally changing the lore setting just so a joke could be canon (just kidding ofc, though this is something I would probably do :-P lol)

As tempting as this sounds, the largest I'm willing to make the catalyst is like 30 cm long? Arm length, perhaps?

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 6, 2023 18:45:11  #6792

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

No worries, I changed a bunch about my characters too. Maybe even more than what you did since I've revamped some of their backstories multiple times and have made some huge adjustments to some of their personalities. Tbh I kinda hope you don't remember most of the stuff from 2021 because some of it was tremendously cringe and not in a healthy way

Huh, I'm curious now! But I guess all will be revealed in due time so all I gotta do is wait. I remember a bunch of things but I expected changes to be made, so don't worry about that. That said, if you think there's something that's very major and affects my characters as well, let me know so we can talk it through.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Related to what you said there about Aereon, I think I'm honestly most concerned about Berserker and Aereon as a pair because...I'm not even too sure why. I think it has to do with a concern for interaction and plot quality? Idk, maybe I'm just hyperfocusing on them when the concern is general lol.

Aereon makes me worry so much about her and like not only in devving but also I worry about the fact that it will probably be hard to roleplay her and she's probably going to cause prblems for the other characters too. I guess I just have to trust things will work out? I have a tendency to worry wayyy too much about my ideas not being good and then, when I come back to them several months later, I go like "hey this actually wasn't that bad!" so I dunno lol. But yeah I get the worry.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Back to the catalysts talk, do note I never said I'd tell you the catalysts (:

):

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Saber: Needs more story development honestly. The catalyst part shouldn't be too hard as long as I can do that. I have a few ideas for this already, though I forget if they're an intentional summon (iirc they are??)
Archer: Special circumstances arose, but just know he can be summoned by a fruit and that's just funny to me (E)
Rider: No design for his catalyst but it should be good unless huge changes pop up in his story
Berserker: Ideas are there but story development and solidification is needed to make sure I have it right. He's someone who doesn't have much associated with him, so the choice part, again, shouldn't be hard. Just the story part needs work

This is a little funny to me because, I don't know why, I was under the impression that you had your characters at like 90% development, with the catalyst included and ready to go, so I spent a long time being down because I though i was developing my own characters at a snail's pace compared to you. Now that I think about it I think I never really asked you about what your progress was? So that's a big oopsie on my part hahaha. 
Anyways! Saber and Berserker are the priorities for intentional summons. In Nyoko's case I only know she tried to summon a Rider, ir can be an intentional summon or not. For Archer I'll just let you decide because the fruit thing is incredibly funny to me lol.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I think I might've forgotten Lancer's catalyst, but iirc Assassin's is her blood-stained ribbon?

For Lancer I've had 3 ideas but the one I'm currently using is her beaded necklace. It's a neat detail imo bc it usually appears on all her designs, but since she doesn't have it here it doesn't appear when she's summoned as a Servant. And yeah you got Assassin's catalyst right! She's proud of you.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

There'll be two threads until one of my Servant characters shows up (Rider), so honestly I'm not too concerned on my end as long as I keep thinking about the AU. Again, however, I am concerned about the logic behind intentional summons for my Servant characters, so hopefully I can come up with good tales to back up whatever I've been trying to piece together.

-Galaxian-

Do you have the order we were using for the summons?Realized I didn't copy it and rn I can't go looking for it.
Good luck with figuring things out, I say we still have time based on how long we take to reply to rp threads lol. And I have faith in your story making abilities even if you don't.

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (February 6, 2023 18:45:39)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 6, 2023 18:50:23  #6793

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

(: that is a lot of smiley faces (: slight concern (:

But actually I'm happy over it. One of the few things that I'm extremely happy over my own character ideas haha. I think it's worth mentioning that Assassin's story is famous enough to make it to the current time as a story in a specific city area in a certain area of the world? If that makes sense.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

The intense post foreshadowing aside, I'm looking forward to it! I unfortunately cannot say my ideas are peer-reviewed because I traumatize my mom with my stories, but hopefully 4 A.M. and normal me are just different enough to basically be different people. Without it being DID, I mean. That wouldn't be good.

The clock chimes midnight and Galaxian transforms into Critical Galaxian.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Also, for this pair specifically, I hope I can also live up to what I've been hinting at for Ambryll as well, so :D !

I'm looking forward to it! I'm really excited over this pair. 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 6, 2023 18:55:31  #6794

In regards to Xenia and Paymon's topic and chatting, when are you usually available to chat? I'm on vacations so I'm available pretty much everyday, on saturdays only during afternoons though and on sundays probably not. It's been a long time since we last chatted for fun and now I probably can't make it to a late night chatting since our login schedules don't seem to match up. 
That said, it's really nice when I wake up to a reply on this thread! It makes my day to think about how to reaply haha, and I like to think that it also makes you happy when I reply on the same day. 

Anyways returning to topic do you want me to reply with ideas to the priorities you mentioned, or would you rather we talk them out through chat?

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 7, 2023 02:41:18  #6795

No worries on Caster's catalyst; just make it whatever size you want. No need for compromising or anything of the sort.

I don't think there are any major changes of that sort, especially since I tried to stay consistent to the AU's original premise. However, if there's something I'm saying that seems really off to you, let me know, and I'll try to explain it better. I probably forgot the original idea in that sort of case.

On a funny note, I think I might've solved a big chunk of what I'd been worrying about in that series of posts, so yeah, yay I guess. (As they say, an old problem solved, but a new one arises--)
Also as an update, catalysts should be good to go unless I do something as drastic as overturning one of their stories completely. But I should be good. Unless I have a crisis of some sort. (Designs are another matter, but since when can I design things? (: )

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 7, 2023 03:23:46  #6796

Galaxian fact of the day! None of their characters in general are anywhere near 90% completion, like even GGaD!Galaxian's probably at 42% max. They really suck lol.
I think I was gonna attempt to calculate my F/DA character completion progress here, but honestly I can't, so have a smiley face instead (: I am proud with the progress I've made thus far, though, so that's there. :D
I dare say that I might have fixed the issue with the intentional summoning for Berserker and Rider (ironically). On Saber's end, I think I'll just have to hope that Aisline is really, really nice. I'll try to communicate with you on them when I need to. 
Edit: Actually Aisline needs to be nice but Dion needs to be nicest which is a big yikes, I'll get to you on that if/when I remember too lol

Yayy! :D Actually, now that I think about it, I might need to think about how Helge could've gotten that catalyst.

Summoning order might be Caster, Assassin, Rider, Lancer, Saber, Archer, Berserker, but I don't remember if Lancer and Saber were switched around. They might've been. (This was always an issue.) Logically I forget why Archer is after the other two Knight classes? Tbh now that I look at it, it'd make more logical sense for the Archer class Servant to need to prepare more than the other Knight classes, which was the rationale for the order. Ofc it'd be more fun to roleplay Archer on the 6th day than the 4th, but :-P I forget/dunno what past me was thinking there. 
Oh yeah, I remembered a bit. It's possible that it was a matter of preference. I remember something about the first 3 days being designated to the non-Berserker Cavalry classes (or including Berserker...I genuinely don't remember), and the other days being the Knight classes by choice. It all just happened to line up well...or it was required that each day would only involve one Servant summoning (lol). But we might need to relook that.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 7, 2023 03:38:37  #6797

What you said about Assassin's fame makes sense. Does she have a geographic advantage in that area?

----

I think strictly speaking the only thing preventing us (well me at least lol idk) from moving forward is Sunny's backstory, maybe setting development if I really wanna be picky. So yeah! I was strangely productive the past month or so when it came to this AU. :')
But unfortunately I am not too sure what my availability is. I've never worked well with planned chats, as you may recall, and right now is kinda a special time for me. Also I've wasted a lot of time as of late to the extent that I might as well have been on vacation (but I wasn't supposed to be). I don't necessarily regret doing so--for example, I used the past 3 days to really think more on Rider and Berserker (even though I needed to think more on Sunny and Archer's catalyst lol, shhh), which I don't regret at all--but yeah. I dunno.
So in response: Whatever works best for you. Maybe write the ideas down in specifics if you prefer live-chatting, or otherwise write it here. 
Also, I usually dislike Discord, but if it works for you, I can do semi-live chatting there with you sending a message when you can and me sending one back around the time I login here. Though now that I think about it, it might not be optimal at all for you lol, but I digress.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 7, 2023 18:08:05  #6798

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

On a funny note, I think I might've solved a big chunk of what I'd been worrying about in that series of posts, so yeah, yay I guess. (As they say, an old problem solved, but a new one arises--)
Also as an update, catalysts should be good to go unless I do something as drastic as overturning one of their stories completely. But I should be good. Unless I have a crisis of some sort. (Designs are another matter, but since when can I design things? (: )

Hey, that's great! I guess it helped for you to have some days to think about it before I said anythign haha. 
Hmmm okay. May I know what catalysts you have ready and what they are? 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 7, 2023 18:17:18  #6799

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Galaxian fact of the day! None of their characters in general are anywhere near 90% completion, like even GGaD!Galaxian's probably at 42% max. They really suck lol.

I kinda want to say I'm relieved to hear that but I don't think it'd be a very nice thing to say lol. I hope you can progress more with your character developing as new ideas come along uwu.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I dare say that I might have fixed the issue with the intentional summoning for Berserker and Rider (ironically). On Saber's end, I think I'll just have to hope that Aisline is really, really nice. I'll try to communicate with you on them when I need to. 
Edit: Actually Aisline needs to be nice but Dion needs to be nicest which is a big yikes, I'll get to you on that if/when I remember too lol

Oh cool!
Hmm I think she can be nice enough. We'll see. As for Dion, yeah well, we'll hope and see.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Summoning order might be Caster, Assassin, Rider, Lancer, Saber, Archer, Berserker, but I don't remember if Lancer and Saber were switched around. They might've been. (This was always an issue.) Logically I forget why Archer is after the other two Knight classes? Tbh now that I look at it, it'd make more logical sense for the Archer class Servant to need to prepare more than the other Knight classes, which was the rationale for the order. Ofc it'd be more fun to roleplay Archer on the 6th day than the 4th, but :-P I forget/dunno what past me was thinking there. 
Oh yeah, I remembered a bit. It's possible that it was a matter of preference. I remember something about the first 3 days being designated to the non-Berserker Cavalry classes (or including Berserker...I genuinely don't remember), and the other days being the Knight classes by choice. It all just happened to line up well...or it was required that each day would only involve one Servant summoning (lol). But we might need to relook that.

I just remember Caster was first because of the time needed to prepare and Berserker being the last because of strength or something iirc. My memory on that is quite hazy. But thanks for the order anyways!
Would you like to switch around the order for Saber and Archer?
I believe we did determine that there would be only one summon per day. Is there something specific you'd like to discuss here? Maybe you think some part needs changes?

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 7, 2023 18:21:35  #6800

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

What you said about Assassin's fame makes sense. Does she have a geographic advantage in that area?

The logical answer would be yes, but I haven't thought about it and anyways the Grail Wor will be taking place somewhere else. I can think of an extra passive she'd have because of the area but I'm not really willing to think much about it rn haha, sorry.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I think strictly speaking the only thing preventing us (well me at least lol idk) from moving forward is Sunny's backstory, maybe setting development if I really wanna be picky. So yeah! I was strangely productive the past month or so when it came to this AU. :')

Congratulations!
And I suppose the backstory is tied to the info I haven't shared about Paymon? Or is it something else you need to figure out on your own? Lemme know so we can have an estimate of when we can continue the thread. Discussing the topic always makes me fired up for the story lol but thankfully I have you to keep my head cool and remember all the things we've yet to think about.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

But unfortunately I am not too sure what my availability is. I've never worked well with planned chats, as you may recall, and right now is kinda a special time for me. Also I've wasted a lot of time as of late to the extent that I might as well have been on vacation (but I wasn't supposed to be). I don't necessarily regret doing so--for example, I used the past 3 days to really think more on Rider and Berserker (even though I needed to think more on Sunny and Archer's catalyst lol, shhh), which I don't regret at all--but yeah. I dunno.
So in response: Whatever works best for you. Maybe write the ideas down in specifics if you prefer live-chatting, or otherwise write it here. 
Also, I usually dislike Discord, but if it works for you, I can do semi-live chatting there with you sending a message when you can and me sending one back around the time I login here. Though now that I think about it, it might not be optimal at all for you lol, but I digress.

I'll think about the previous post in which you talked about Paymon and Xenia and see if I can provide answers to that. For the Discord thing it'd just be the same thing we're doing here lol so it's not really worth it imo. When are your true vacations? Maybe we can chat up then!

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 8, 2023 04:14:32  #6801

Sure. To be honest I would've preferred a bit more time to let these sit, but I guess I can just say that these might be changed. Plus these descriptions are really general, and I assume we can describe in detail on the actual POVs. 

Saber--a small bag of marbles
Rider--a sword.
Berserker--a rather big shawl that's folded into a few layers. It's not humongous or particularly thick, though. It's nice, but you can't unfurl it.

Archer's catalyst so to speak is that of the person Dion intentionally tried to summon. I have a few ideas for it but haven't come across one that really clicks, maybe because I can't design them atm. But with that topic comes two major questions that I implied earlier:
1. Why does Dion let Archer live? and
2. Why does Dion summon Archer kinda late?
Two is kind of on me for the summoning schedule, but yeah, right now the first one at least is kinda a big logical hole. 

Also, just to round up what I remember of summonings' intentionality and motivations behind them:
-Saber: Intentional and pinpointed; reasons TBD
-Archer: Unintentional/unexpected; reasons for original summon TBD or TBA
-Lancer: General summon (basically intentional); Helge wanted a compatible and flexible Servant
-Rider: Semi-specific summon (semi-intentional); Nyoko wanted a Rider-class Servant but the reasons for her choosing and/or using his catalyst specifically are TBD otherwise
-Caster: General summon (basically intentional); I worry about Sunny but there's supposed to be some degree of compatibility that he factored in, and also how he had to enlist Sollux to help him steal a catalyst lol
-Assassin: Unintentional catalyst-derived summon (pretty unique case compared to the others if I do say so myself)
-Berserker: Intentional, pinpointed summon; lore reasons should be easy to develop but coordination is needed
The above is more for personal reference because the lore and compatibility reasons matter a lot for me for some reason. Hope the whole quantified list doesn't stress you out.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 8, 2023 04:22:59  #6802

I think I'm good on the order unless it interferes with what Dion's character is supposed to be like. From what I recall, he actually is quite good at getting things done well, so getting a late start would kinda go against that (unless the circumstances were outside of his control). On Archer's side, the 6th day fits best, and also I want Saber to have an extra day to chill. I think that's the primary reason. lol
I'll think about the rational aspects again (other than the above), and if I think of something I'll let you know if I can't come up with a bullcrap solution like I usually do.

----

On Paymon's backstory, I guess I can try to word it like this. Right now the blanks in his GGaD backstory are a bit too big and I keep on bossily filling them in like he's my OC (but also not, if that makes sense), so decreasing the white spaces would be nice. In GGaD's case, where he came from and what decisions he made as a teenager or maybe young adult were really important for how he eventually met and interacted with Xenia, so that's why it's so important to me outside of just them knowing what worlds they both came from. In F/DA's case, I tried to make a point of making my characters quite different in different aspects, and for F/DA Sunny it's his personality derived from his backstory. My impression was that Paymon's family/maybe general background was different from GGaD in at least some major way, so I wanted to either dispel that misconception or latch onto the idea more for Sunny's development. 
I dunno if I'm making sense lol. Did I convey myself okay there? Basically, not only do I want to know more about how Xenia and Paymon came to get together, I also want to know what impact they would have had on Sunny (and Sollux ofc) as parents, and how these aspects are different from GGaD (and what impacts those small or big differences might make on their kids as well). 
My only remaining break is in March sometime, I forget when though. I'm honestly not too sure how well chatting would work then, but I guess if it's possible then it'd be worth a try.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 8, 2023 18:18:37  #6803

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Sure. To be honest I would've preferred a bit more time to let these sit, but I guess I can just say that these might be changed. Plus these descriptions are really general, and I assume we can describe in detail on the actual POVs. 

Saber--a small bag of marbles
Rider--a sword.
Berserker--a rather big shawl that's folded into a few layers. It's not humongous or particularly thick, though. It's nice, but you can't unfurl it.

Oooh I'm very interested in seeing these more described in the roleplay. And about Berserker's shawl, I think it's a pity it can't be worn ):

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Archer's catalyst so to speak is that of the person Dion intentionally tried to summon. I have a few ideas for it but haven't come across one that really clicks, maybe because I can't design them atm. But with that topic comes two major questions that I implied earlier:
1. Why does Dion let Archer live? and
2. Why does Dion summon Archer kinda late?
Two is kind of on me for the summoning schedule, but yeah, right now the first one at least is kinda a big logical hole.

That's okay, take your time. I think I may have mentioned this before but Dion's catalyst was given to him by his parents, h e didn't actually get to choose what it was.
1. Because I think he wouldn't think of doing something else. Like, the idea of deleting Archer and trying again isn't something that Dion would think of. It's not in-character, it's not his nature. 
2. First, the schedule, and second I think he'd want to make sure he has everything ready before sumonning. Then I just imagine him sitting there in a thinking position while he works up the courage to do the ritual xD.
Let me know if 1 doesn't make sense to you or if you want another explanation.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Also, just to round up what I remember of summonings' intentionality and motivations behind them:
-Saber: Intentional and pinpointed; reasons TBD
-Archer: Unintentional/unexpected; reasons for original summon TBD or TBA
-Lancer: General summon (basically intentional); Helge wanted a compatible and flexible Servant
-Rider: Semi-specific summon (semi-intentional); Nyoko wanted a Rider-class Servant but the reasons for her choosing and/or using his catalyst specifically are TBD otherwise
-Caster: General summon (basically intentional); I worry about Sunny but there's supposed to be some degree of compatibility that he factored in, and also how he had to enlist Sollux to help him steal a catalyst lol
-Assassin: Unintentional catalyst-derived summon (pretty unique case compared to the others if I do say so myself)
-Berserker: Intentional, pinpointed summon; lore reasons should be easy to develop but coordination is needed
The above is more for personal reference because the lore and compatibility reasons matter a lot for me for some reason. Hope the whole quantified list doesn't stress you out.

Don't worry about that, a list like this really makes it easier for me to visualize the information and clear up my mind. So it's good to see it like that.
For Saber's summon I guess Aisline knew who she wanted, and that's all I have. For Rider, I'd think Nyoko knew she wanted a Rider and just went for the first catalyst she could get her hands on that met her requirement? So she just got one and went "good enough" and yeah. 
What part specifically needs coordination for Berserker? I think Aereon's reason would be similar to Aisline's.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 8, 2023 18:29:36  #6804

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I think I'm good on the order unless it interferes with what Dion's character is supposed to be like. From what I recall, he actually is quite good at getting things done well, so getting a late start would kinda go against that (unless the circumstances were outside of his control). On Archer's side, the 6th day fits best, and also I want Saber to have an extra day to chill. I think that's the primary reason. lol
I'll think about the rational aspects again (other than the above), and if I think of something I'll let you know if I can't come up with a bullcrap solution like I usually do.

Tbh we can make it so Dion was very caught up in the preparations and just making himself nervous over participating in something so important and the fact that he has to perform well. That can justify the late start.
Let Saber have an extra day so he can enjoy his coffee smh

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

On Paymon's backstory, I guess I can try to word it like this. Right now the blanks in his GGaD backstory are a bit too big and I keep on bossily filling them in like he's my OC (but also not, if that makes sense), so decreasing the white spaces would be nice. In GGaD's case, where he came from and what decisions he made as a teenager or maybe young adult were really important for how he eventually met and interacted with Xenia, so that's why it's so important to me outside of just them knowing what worlds they both came from. In F/DA's case, I tried to make a point of making my characters quite different in different aspects, and for F/DA Sunny it's his personality derived from his backstory. My impression was that Paymon's family/maybe general background was different from GGaD in at least some major way, so I wanted to either dispel that misconception or latch onto the idea more for Sunny's development.

Yeah something I was strongly considering was making Paymon's backstory different in F/DA. I've got to think about a bunch of stuff for GGaD and I don't feel like setting that in stone yet, so it's likely the backstories will be very different. I think that's all I can say on my thoughts? 
One thing that I think is the same in GGaD and F/DA is that after getting married, he lives a life separated from the rest of his family (whether they're alive or dead). I think we mentioned something that in F/DA the Meeps were well off economically, so it's likely that Paymon's family had a good name in the mage community. So what do you think is Xenia's part in that? She just got married into a mage family, or is there more to that? I'm interested to know your thoughts on this.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I dunno if I'm making sense lol. Did I convey myself okay there? Basically, not only do I want to know more about how Xenia and Paymon came to get together, I also want to know what impact they would have had on Sunny (and Sollux ofc) as parents, and how these aspects are different from GGaD (and what impacts those small or big differences might make on their kids as well). 
My only remaining break is in March sometime, I forget when though. I'm honestly not too sure how well chatting would work then, but I guess if it's possible then it'd be worth a try.

Yeah I understand the concern. But dw hehe I understood what you say, or at least I think I understood.
Like I mentioned above a part of Paymon's character is independence from the rest of his family. I think this would be something different in GGaD where his family seems to live a more carefree life compared to F/DA in which I think he'd try to teach his children at least basic etiquette and keep the appearance of a distinguished family. I believe we said that the couple was chased after because they didn't follow the Mage's Association rules? Another layer to Paymon's character, that he'd want to do what he believes to be correct instead of restraining himself and his family to strict rules. Even if that led to consequences but even then I think he would've tried to avoid that by, as previously mentioned, keeping up a specific appearance.
Does that make sense? Maybe I need to explain something in more detail.

That's cool! I hope everything goes well or better in school until your break rolls around. After that, vacations are around mid-year, right?

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 9, 2023 02:07:32  #6805

I completely forgot about that detail with his parents, my bad. (Will probably forget it again, just as an FYI.) I guess that gives me more freedom with coming up with the original Servant (not that anything was really hindering me before really), but I do have to say that they were pretty lucky with that catalyst lol. Archer says "Too bad I exist!" ,,, yeah.

The explanation makes sense to me, but the problem with each aspect is on my end
1) You see, Archer's probably gonna pull a power move that's called "zuosi" in Chinese and pretty much outright suggest it (: he's not gonna sugarcoat it either
2) ...and even if Dion doesn't wanna make the choice he's gonna continue the thing called "zuosi" and probably at least escalate Dion's anxiety. Yeah there's something wrong with him (':

As long as Dion gets past these initial stages (not being provoked by this dude he did not expect to summon and not being scared by the dude acting really scary), we'll just have the final stage left, also known as the Practicality Stage. :') This will be fun. But yeah, if the heads-up on any of those ends helps, it'd help me immensely for sure :D WHY is he like this

For the summoning intentionality, I think I'm getting the usual vibe of me overcomplicating stuff in comparison to you (and that carrying over to my characters), so I think I'll try to explain it in a more live chat setting.

The late summoning thing for Dion/Archer sounds good, thanks. Though it makes me feel bad. :')

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 9, 2023 02:44:50  #6806

(On Paymon now)
Does his personality change drastically with backstory changes?
I remember that fact about family, surprisingly enough. I think I remember you saying that they don't really care what Paymon did after starting a family and all that. My question is (I actually just remembered), does that relate to him being a demigod? How important is him being a demigod to his backstory? Has it influenced his backstory?
Oh yeah, I'm also curious if you had any powers/abilities in mind for him as a demigod. :-P You'd think I'd have asked this 3 years earlier, but no.

Xenia in F/DA (but also in GGaD) is disconnected almost entirely from her original family, so the relative wealth their family has isn't from her at all. She honestly doesn't understand the concept of money very well in the first place. But she also lives frugally, and although living easily is of course a good thing, she would love Paymon even if they had it harder. 
How does this relate to what you're saying? It might not at all lol. But hey, a really bad personality snapshot of Xenia, I guess. Tbh I feel like you somehow already knew this and also that Paymon and Xia are really good at managing money anyways, but lol. Oh yeah, also I guess this means that I don't have an answer for your question. I always imagine that the two of them come across each other in the most happenstance of circumstances and get to know each other, but that isn't designated as canon, and I'm not too sure if it would even work.
I know overapologizing is annoying but honestly I have to say sorry again here. I can't seem to convey my thoughts clearly at all at the moment, and I don't even know for sure what I need. Is there anything about Xenia's personality that you'd like to know?
Anyways, back to F/DA, I think that's pretty much consistent with GGaD. Xenia is pretty bad at enforcing limitations (as we can see in that one thread), so she relies on her husband for that. That's also kinda why I brought up the parenting style point, 'cause she tries to study up on theoretical stuff but gets stuck in the theoreticals. I think what she is really good at is offering positivity and encouragement so her kids can do creative things and generally just become the best versions of themselves (again, provided Paymon enforces the necessary restrictions). 
Okay, what would you say are his top values? Maybe list 3 or 5 if you could please.

I wouldn't count on this year's summer break for planning. It's either gonna be depressing or hectic. :')

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 9, 2023 02:48:47  #6807

Before I reply again I wanted to let you know that rn I'm surprisingly available for a chat if you're free too

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 9, 2023 02:49:09  #6808

Honestly the premise really is that I think Xenia's personality (at least when it comes to her kids) is shown best through showing instead of telling, 'cause I can't describe it very well at all lol. It's kinda fitting since she's not all that good at words too, so she relies (even if unconsciously) on her sincerity to carry through. 
That's just an excuse at the end though, I suppose.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 9, 2023 02:50:43  #6809

Shouldn't you be in bed though :squint: 
Also if you've read these posts you can probably tell I can't really...English rn (or language in general) lol I'm pretty sure it'd be a futile endeavor :')

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 9, 2023 03:23:02  #6810

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I completely forgot about that detail with his parents, my bad. (Will probably forget it again, just as an FYI.) I guess that gives me more freedom with coming up with the original Servant (not that anything was really hindering me before really), but I do have to say that they were pretty lucky with that catalyst lol. Archer says "Too bad I exist!" ,,, yeah.

It's okay, it's not a detail I was constantly mentioning so it makes sense that it wouldn't be the first thing in your mind. Good luck with thinking up ideas.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

The explanation makes sense to me, but the problem with each aspect is on my end
1) You see, Archer's probably gonna pull a power move that's called "zuosi" in Chinese and pretty much outright suggest it (: he's not gonna sugarcoat it either
2) ...and even if Dion doesn't wanna make the choice he's gonna continue the thing called "zuosi" and probably at least escalate Dion's anxiety. Yeah there's something wrong with him (':

Are you sure Archer doesn't have self-esteem issues or is there another problem with him,,,
Right off, that's extremely unsettling. I have no idea of how Dion is going to react to that so it will probably take a lot of thinking from me to figure out some reaction that isn't fear/dread. 

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

As long as Dion gets past these initial stages (not being provoked by this dude he did not expect to summon and not being scared by the dude acting really scary), we'll just have the final stage left, also known as the Practicality Stage. :') This will be fun. But yeah, if the heads-up on any of those ends helps, it'd help me immensely for sure :D WHY is he like this

This is hard tbh because Dion is one of my most volatile characters when it comes to reacting, then again this is F/DA Dion so I can change up details... but I hope we can figure something out.
It's definitely helped to have a heads up. Especially considering the tone of the details is wildly different from the IQs you previously shared with me lol.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

For the summoning intentionality, I think I'm getting the usual vibe of me overcomplicating stuff in comparison to you (and that carrying over to my characters), so I think I'll try to explain it in a more live chat setting
The late summoning thing for Dion/Archer sounds good, thanks. Though it makes me feel bad. :')

Sure, one day we'll live chat and we can talk about stuff. Or maybe one of these days you'll get inspiration to write things down in a way you think is more readable? Writing down thoughts is hard, at least for me, because they come out relaly shapeless in contrast to how they are in my mind.
And alright, it's good to know my explanation makes sense lol

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

Board footera