HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 4, 2022 12:01:30  #6751

Re: Unlimited Chatting, Planning, and Weird Things ~ (@GalaxE and Spec)

Hi,
This is a message made on the 3-month mark in an attempt to be more forthcoming and transparent about my feelings and such.
I will be honest; I have been a little upset with you as of recent. To summarize my feelings, I feel as if I have been ghosted. As implied, you haven't responded to this thread at all in 3 months (hence why I closed it for a while), and other than very general posts or character-specific posts, you seldom respond at all.
That's not to say that I don't have fault; far from it. I know I spammed you with a barrage of posts here, which is hard to respond to, and in general when it comes to roleplaying I'm not very good at it at all and, especially as of late, tend to ruin things that I could have done better. However, as you might already be familiar with, I am not okay with being left on hold without timely explanations of what's going on. 
Again, I recognize the hypocrisy. I have left you on the hook (metaphorically speaking) for things plenty of times, and I don't think I can make that up. But speaking to the current matter personally, I feel like your current state of activity and general behaviors resemble Fallon's when she was backing away from this community. I am not upset about the prospect of you fading from the community; I recognize that promises, and friends, come and go, and besides, there wasn't really ever a promise in this case. In the short term, I am also at peace (mostly) with your want to commit to other communities and to your real-world obligations, because that is just the rational mindset. However, on a similar vein, I would also like to have a more solid grasp of how the situation will look like in the future on at least a certain roleplaying end.
That is, the F/DA AU. I would like to know if we will discontinue it. That way, I can plan whether to continue it on my own end or to try to stop thinking about it altogether. As a forewarning, the latter is unlikely, but I would like the matter to be clearer in perspective to me than it is at the moment.
As for the HPA AU, that pertains to Echo as well, so I won't be delving into it on this one-on-one thread, but it also applies to an extent. Please consider its possible future and your possible involvement in it from here on out. As specification, and again to be more open on this, I have not talked to Echo privately about this, and I don't know their feelings on the matter. For me, it is once again just to gauge a personal balance. 
This isn't intended to be a closing of any sort, and I do hope that it won't prove to be one. Apologies for the incoherence in this message; I have tried to make it concise, though it's likely that it's not. Please let me know as soon as possible your main responses to this post, and I will also try to get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks, and have a good rest of your week.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

November 14, 2022 10:48:05  #6752

Random thought, but consider: The Alternate in a class (or rather part of a class) in the HPA AU

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

November 14, 2022 23:00:08  #6753

Currently? Or in the past?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 15, 2022 04:08:49  #6754

I dunno, either could work really I hadn't thought that much about it.
But I think it'd be kinda fun to have them as graduates hehe

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

November 15, 2022 04:09:40  #6755

I mean it'j sust an idea, I'm not saying that we should say it in the canon AU (though I persoanlly wouldn't be against it)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

November 15, 2022 10:43:11  #6756

I do understand that, don't worry.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 18, 2022 22:28:37  #6757

Okay I meant to do this a while ago but I was focusing on other things.
I never really did finish replying to the 7000-something word count of the messages you sent me before, but I did have two or three little blocks (sentences) written for the first part.
I was thinking on trying to reply to the rest of the parts that are still pertinent to our current roleplaying situation, and I've bee typing up bit by bit in free times. Don't tell me anything about this though, it's a personal choice and I think you might appreciate knowing at least what my thoughts are about things we've discussed previously and I never replied to. Feel free to reply however you want, you know I'll always be open to talk about stuff even if my responses are silly and apparently incoherent at times, but that's just how I am and I like being myself on the forums. I think it's a important part of how we talk, so yeah! 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

November 18, 2022 22:28:57  #6758

bee typing

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

November 18, 2022 22:30:19  #6759

Galaxian Explosion wrote:

I kinda just imagine Dion would've been kinda okay with talking about his past before, but now ("now" being in the future, that is) he does the thing Raez and Rai does where he acts secretive about it on purpose and Wiley is like "You were not like this before (: o no"

They do say being around people influences the way you act xD. Perhaps it’s better for Dion to learn how to be discreet about his information too, though not to THAT extent haha.

You calling him a cool guy is funny to me because your prior posts were literally about him having some personality problems, so your present post is being summarized to me as "He would be a cool guy, but he needs to change his personality," which shouldn't be funny I think (but it is)

That’s a very good way to summarize what I meant to say. I didn’t think it would be very funny because it’s just the way I think of Dion in my mind heh. Let’s just say he needs to mature a bit.

Relating to the problems we were discussing about the Not-Quad Squad (part 2 to come in another post), I feel like I need to stress that I don't feel like Dion's personality is causing excessive problem, but rather a combination of different issues (either relating to the characters or just me being horrid at planning) are tangling together.

Replying to this whole block of info, I think it’s good to know more about the personalities/attitudes of your characters in the Not-Quad Squad. It’s different to hear it form the creator themselves xD but even then, both you and I have a feel of each other’s character(s) from threads.  I just love anazlying character personalities because they’re so complex—little details pop un in certain circumstances that you just may not see otherwise, and all of that is emphasized by the fact that each of them has their own backstories and now they’ve all come together by chance and AH it’s such a wonderful concept to my mind! Just excuse me but I absolutely adore Dion’s personality because it’s so interesting. I don’t know if I’d be able to relate/talk to him if he existed irl, but for a roleplaying character, I do enjoy him very much. Sorry for turning the topic back to him, I think it was more related to your characters, and

That last part isn't so important now, but I will say again how much I love talking about Dion. I'm not sure what the complete thought was or why it cut there but... feel free to reply or not reply to that part.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

November 18, 2022 22:50:46  #6760

First of all, you can do whatever you want, which is obvious. I do want to make this clear, however. At the time I was making such long posts because I thought that it'd be better opposed to the succinct style of communicating that I'd been using prior. I thought that it made me feel emotionless and disconnected to others, so I tried conveying my enthusiasm through that. Or, put in other words, "sheer quantity." Now I see that I failed to recognize that I was just going to the other extreme, and even to me, the result was that I came across as being overbearing in a different way than the usual. That was not the outcome I wanted to achieve. So, although something from you is definitely appreciable compared to nothing, I don't think I'll be following up with that thread of conversation, at least not at the time being. It was overall a very unwise decision that I'd like to take back, but unfortunately I can't do that. So this is what fits best instead.
I do apologize for doing that, especially since I feel as if what I did overwhelmed you or did something of that nature, and contributed in pushing you elsewhere. I'm not saying that I'm the total reason for everything, because that's like trying to make myself relevant, and I don't think that's it. I'm saying that I think what I did put such a big pressure on you to respond that you ended up going elsewhere, in part, to put that perceived obligation off. However, despite that fact, not continuing the thread of conversation isn't trying to achieve the opposite effect. As I've mentioned before, if you don't really want to come here for any reason, then feel free to take however long a break that you please, and don't just do it for the sake of others. Because for me at least, this current state of ambiguity, even with the specifications we tried to achieve, is worse than a communicated and total state of inactivity.
As I've tried to convey before, even though this time you have more fault in not communicating your inactivity to us, I do think that it ultimately results from me not being a good person and friend. I think that if I weren't here, this place would have felt safer to you, and you would have been more comfortable sharing your feelings/burnout. So in a way, it loops back to me. What I'm trying to say is this: If what you need is for me to leave for a while, then I would gladly do that. But otherwise, just do what is best for you, and I'll try my best on my end when things relate to me as well.
Thanks.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 18, 2022 22:57:55  #6761

A note: I edited the post above a few times. Sorry, I thought the first version was alright but ended up changing some things to add more potentially unnecessary specifications. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 18, 2022 23:14:29  #6762

Well, you did succeed at conveying your enthusiam. But then again you also did through your other posting style, so maybe you could've asked? And don't act like it's your fault like that, it's not all about you. I have my reasons and several things influenced what happened, not just you or how you come across others. So I hope that's clear. I don't see why you would need to leave or anything? I've just been confused whenever you bring that up. Again, I say: It's not all about you.
Alright then, if you want to continue the conversation some other time, I'll save the replies for myself for that later time. It just really felt like unfinished business to me though and that bothered me a whole lot. It's something I've grown used to, as a procrastinator, to have the heavy weight of pending things hanging over my shoulder and bothering me every time I do something vaguely related to it. I repeat once more, it's not your fault. I could've straight up told you that the long posts were overwhelming and instead I chose to tell you it was okay for you to continue like that, that I didn't mind, and that was dishonest from my part. 

Also, I don't know where you're getting that I don't want to be here. I think that if you say or think that you're severly underestimating the attachment I have to these forums and most of the people in it. If I were actually going on a full inactivity break I'd say that. I already explained to you my thoughts on that matter so I don't want to dell on that part any longer (unless you feel it's necessary or want a clarification about anything). 
What do you mean by ambiguity? I want to know so I can fix that. I genuinely want to be here, even if it's not on the 24/7 activity basis that I had (which was extremely unhealthy for me for various personal reasons, may I add). 
If it's about the community thing, please know that I've always had this issue and it is a sort of sensitive topic for me. I left my original forums for the SAMB several years ago and when I came back it was a few days before it closed, so that was quite hurtful. I unintentionally left the SAMB for WoF because the FWRPs fascinated me, and then I barely returned until I couldn't access the WoF forums anymore, which is when my activity in the other forums increased once more. Then, more recently, I accidentally left these forums for the scholastic boardhost for a time, although I did come back. So please understand that. At the moment, I have people I care for in both of the communities in which I'm active, and I want to be close to them at the same time. However, I'm pitifully terrible at time and attention management, so there's that. Also understand that I'm trying to improve that part of me by being active here. I don't want to neglect anyone, but I also don't want to neglect my sanity. 

That final part really seems like you're giving me the cold shoulder. I understand that you're affected by what happened, but frankly, I feel offeded because I truly am trying to fix things, and I don't know what I can do to appease you. Any bitter words or honest feelings you want to tell me, please just go ahead if there is anything left to say at all. You know very well I feel so much more comfortable when things are spoken about in honesty and truth.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

November 18, 2022 23:15:09  #6763

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

A note: I edited the post above a few times. Sorry, I thought the first version was alright but ended up changing some things to add more potentially unnecessary specifications. 

-Galaxian-

Thank you for the note, I'll reread because I typed my last post without refreshing and so I was stuck with the first version of your post.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

November 18, 2022 23:24:02  #6764

Okay, from seeing your edits I do understand some things more clearly.
I want to say too that my reply above isn't meant to be hostile or annoyed, but it's not easy for me to be straightforward in a serious post without feeling like I sound incredibly distant.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

November 18, 2022 23:46:35  #6765

I somehow was able to realize the irony in continuing the conversation in longer posts in time (somewhat), so right now I am trying to make it shorter for both of our sakes. I seem to lack the ability to make longer posts without going way off topic.

I honestly am confused because you sometimes tend to assume that I mean more than I do, and I really don't, at least not that I'm aware of. Again, I know already that it's not all about me; I just feel as if I am contributing to the problems present here more than just a little, and that me doing so has been a long-term thing rather than a short-term thing.
As for your second question of sorts, I also want to point out that I am a very instinctive individual and discern a lot of things first by just looking for my first thoughts on it and then trying to rationalize those impressions. For this case, I might be wrong, or you might not be feeling it yourself, but for me, it feels like you being here is forced. And this "conclusion" of sorts really has nothing to do with your attachment to the forums and here. If anything, it's the opposite. Like a possibility that you're here because you feel an obligation/responsibility and think about the reactions of people, and not because of that mentioned attachment.
I too prefer honesty, but it just so happens that I suck at communicating what I want to say. In any case, I think that as long as I'm in a more logical mindset, I don't have any of the "bitter words" that you mention, as I don't think they'd be justified. Unless you'd prefer me going off on a tangent and speaking in theoreticals.
Anyways, let me know what parts you need clarifications on. I'd be happy to receive more direct questions, because right now I feel like I don't have any myself and am otherwise making you spin in circles along with me.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 18, 2022 23:59:04  #6766

Thank you really. I'm bad at noticing things sometimes so that's quite helpful.

It might be my bad on that part, and I apologize if so. I tend to overthink things, even if accidentally, so if I say something that seems blown out of proportion to you, let me know and I'll try for a more objective view on the topic. If you left I'd honestly feel very sad, and guilty too. Really feels like a guilt-trip to me and I don't like thinking that way because I know that you don't mean it like that. You don't have to do that. Just enjoy your boardhost life, cause your happiness is my happiness.

I hadn't thought of that, really. Can you tell me what leads you to think I'm here by obligation? I'm genuinely curious about that because I don't feel it that way and I want to know what gives that impression.
It's okay. Right now I don't have any other questions that then one mentioned above, but also it's almost midnight here and I get emotional when I'm tired so... I'll just think about it again tomorrow when I wake up. If there's anything else to be said by then I'll say it. It's just that I feel very emotionally touched by this whole issue because I never meant for it to come to this.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

November 19, 2022 00:12:39  #6767

On that note, please don't think about it overnight. I don't think that's good for your mood. But then again, I guess that if I really wanted to act on my thoughts I would've just posted tomorrow rather than today. I completely failed to consider that time zones exist.
For your question, I don't think I'm able to do that. The entire presumption is based on feelings, which are pretty fickle things. So I guess only time will really be able to tell. It's not as if my instincts aren't impacted by bias, anyways. There's that possibility that my wish to escape my problems, or something related to that, is factoring into my supposed "gut feeling" and I don't even realize it.
I hope you'll have a good night, if I even still have the right to say that.
And to be honest I think there's not much to really respond to in this post, so I guess I should say here that it's been nice talking with you here again and you don't have to respond. Something like that. The original ending of the post was better than this. It kind of feels like every word I type is a mistake at this point.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 19, 2022 02:51:02  #6768

Here again to make another post because ironically, midnight me tends to be less emotional than any iteration of me before that. Regardless, I will try to refrain from doing so in the future. Sorry for the length again, but this time I do want to make it clear that you don't have to respond.
I feel as if the current conversation isn't very productive. I don't really know how to profess my thoughts on the matter, not to mention my feelings. And from the connotations in the posts you've sent, I know that my lack of clarity is also influencing you, even if you think it's just the challenge of the straightforwardness influencing that or something of the sort. It's clear to me that we're both walking on tiptoes trying to avoid glass, with the glass representing hurting each other's feelings. And that's ironic, in a negative sense, seeing as we've both repeated our value for honesty so many times.
For my end, the gist is that I know that you are trying your best, and I know what outcome you want to achieve through your actions. But all of that isn't as cut-and-clear on my end, and again, I can't even clarify what I know for sure, except that I think it has something to do with my focus on the long term and (I actually forgot what I was going to say here initially) my tendency towards more solid outcomes/conclusions. Something like that. 
But regardless, I think maybe what we should do is give this some time, and by that I mean maybe we should take a break from this thread for a bit. I need some time to think, even if I still won't be able to describe my thoughts by the end. And I think that for you, this will be some time away from me and my potentially hurtful (even if unintentionally so) words. As you already know, we think about things differently, and I don't want the process of me doing so impacting you negatively in the emotional sense. At least, not when it's so pointless, like it currently is, where I make no sense and am probably coming across all the wrong ways.
I honestly tire of having to say that "I do want to emphasize" or any other related phrases, because I know I have been saying it a lot and that by doing so, it makes it feel like I don't trust you to understand what I'm saying. But just to repeat it again, I do want to emphasize that "this isn't intended to be a closing of any sort, and I do hope that it won't prove to be one." You implied through our last conversation that you know how I send a certain type of message when I want to reach a kind of conclusion. More specifically, a conclusion on a relationship between myself and another person. And that is, for me, the least ideal outcome of any relationship, especially a friendship that I value so much.
But that said, speaking more negatively, that isn't a promise that this won't necessarily be a closing of any sort. One of the things I want to think about and that I hope you think about as well as what kind of friend I am. I have a suspicion that me not having such a personal presence in your life, and others' lives, could be beneficial. So on one part, I really do want to see the outcome, because if I see the proof that you're truly better off without me, then what I should do is definitely work to sustain that impersonal state as needed. 
To be clear: I will try responding as soon as possible to other threads, like on the HPA planning. But otherwise I really do think that the most prudent course of action would be to take a break. At least for me, I need the time to think, to observe, and to make my own conclusions. And I think that even if you don't need to do any of that, it may have a beneficial effect for you as well.
Sorry for being inept as always, but do let me know if you need anything (like the questions mentioned above), and have a great rest of your day. 

-Galaxian (who nearly typed their IRL name due to the closing)-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 4, 2023 19:21:26  #6769

Hay dude, happy new year obviously, and I'm glad you're okay! I was worried for you bc I saw you hadn't logged in in a while but I'm happy to see your message. I hope things get better too :3 from what you said I can imagine these weeks have been tough, but here's to hoping 2023 is a good year for you ^^

Anyways, changing topic, I drew some designs for F/DA! They're not final final, but I'm quite satisfied with how they turned out and I wanted to show them to you for your opinion. Would you like to see them? Let me know if I should post the images here! I read about the device thingy so it's okay, I'll understand if the images don't show up.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

January 6, 2023 02:42:14  #6770

Thanks, a belated happy holidays and happy new year to you as well.
The device shows pictures fine; it just has a hard time loading threads. So I should be able to see them. I can't say I'll give substantial feedback of any sort, though. Plus I don't have any designs of my own down.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 9, 2023 12:00:58  #6771

Oh that's good. And don't worry, a couple of comments should be fine. You know I'm always just excited to show my work to others hehe. One or two of the sketches are redesigns and the rest are just that, sketches.

Well, here's the first one. Just Aisline standing there. I put a little tassle thing on her shoes for decoration. Aside from that, the design is pretty much the same. It's simple but her clothing is expensive?

Then there's Dion, but I can't draw legs lol. I think this is his final design even though I've yet to decide on what kind of shoes he'll like to wear. Not that he'll always wear the same outfit lol but I need to have something consistent to draw him in. He now has a keychain. Don't mind the half rolled up pant leg that was a test I don't think I'll keep.

This other one is Nyoko. I'm satisfied with her design but the picture quality isn't very good. She has a coat over a dress but only the coat is visible. All I wonder is if she'd look better if the coat was longer.

Finally we have Assassin and Lancer

Assassin was pose practice, her design is the same but I doodled it from memory so some detail might be different. Sometimes I wonder if her clothes need some jazzing up but then I think that she's an assassin, she doesn't need to have something flashy... then again it is a fantasy AU and you know how designs are in those. Well yeah that. I'm keeping her design that was just a sketch.
As for Lancer, I'm still struggling. The current design on that sketch is one I really like but I still think it might need some more decorations or something? I want to keep it Germaine-style but it was getting too difficult to get something dynamic and eye-catching so I went for something other than her usual canon clothing style without completely changing it. Do let me know if you think I yassified it too much lol that's the biggest doubt in my mind.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

January 9, 2023 12:02:42  #6772

I didn't include the sketch for Caster bc I don't think it's showable lol but his design's basically the same, little pattern edits and stuff but color scheme and stuff remain the same.
Then for Aereon I just can't decide on what clothing style to give her so I've yet to sketch her haha

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

January 9, 2023 12:03:23  #6773

Oh I forgot to comment but Lancer's current design is very different from the description I gave you a while back when you asked me... so, sorry for that I guess? Designs are hard lol

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

January 13, 2023 03:42:25  #6774

Design notes:
-Aisline yawning got to Saber and then me, so thanks, I guess.
-I like the tassles addition. It's a cool little detail.
-I mistook that little bit of hair on her head as a hairband as was like "that kinda looks like a rope" lol, oops

-King Arthur's brother
-Electrician. That's all I really have to say lol
-Nice gloves

-Nyoko pretty :0 (Aisline pretty too but she's more pretty tired xD)
-Cool coat
-Boots. Gimme. (:
-I really like the lower half of her outfit. It does kinda give me Run vibes and I apologize for that, but idk, I just really like the part by her knees. I might be misinterpreting it, however. Is it actually something guarding her knees? Or just the legwear underneath? 

-Assassin's clothing gives me Saint Seiya trainee vibes lol
-Also she's so happy for an Assassin yay :D
-I don't have much to say about this lol sorry (but please tell Assassin I send her good vibes, me not commenting much does not reflect on her/how she looks)
-I guess she'll probably have casual clothes in-RP so if you'd like to spazz those outfit designs up, that'd be totally normal

-I like the markings on Lancer's glove thing 
-I think my biggest critique on her design is practicality-related. The decorations next to her chest serve to...well, emphasize it. It looks cool to us since we don't overthink it, but I mean, why would someone bundle the areas next to their chest realistically speaking? I think that's the doubt for me, but idk if it'd matter to her.

Tbh I'd go on about how I suck at designing clothing, but you probably already know that. I honestly don't even know why I focused on it so much in these notes.
Overall, really cool! I looked forward to seeing these, and they didn't disappoint. I think my favorite part is imagining the pairs. Some of them are easier to envision than others, but some of our characters are surprisingly stylish.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 13, 2023 03:51:37  #6775

No problem on the design changing; that's just natural, and my sketch was probably horrible anyways.
I kinda wanna call Aereon and Berserker the Problem Pairing, because on my end Berserker is also very hard to make design choices on (: (also they'll probably cause problems for the other Masters and Servants lol)
(Also "Pairing" is like "Pear" and "Pare" which is its own level of funny to me)

------

Okay, now on my end, since I think an update is needed. It's been a while.
Progress has been made in terms of designs! Unfortunately, Sunny's backstory is still very...in need of work. However, it shouldn't be too big an issue. I just need some time and inspiration.
Overall, I've gotten more confident in my characters, though there's still work to be done on a lot of aspects, obviously. I also like the way I think a bit more, so let's hope that lasts.
(Of course, some characters still get more focus than others, but I'm trying to at least balance that.)

I worked on the summoning chant and finished it around the end of last year, and as of this moment, I don't think I'll be able to add more to it or improve it. As a note: The Berserker clause will be up to you. 
Let me know if you want to see it.
And a semi-related note: Idk if you've seen the Strange Fake trailer, but check it out. It might help with inspiration or something, idk lol.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 17, 2023 20:20:38  #6776

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Design notes:
-Aisline yawning got to Saber and then me, so thanks, I guess.
-I like the tassles addition. It's a cool little detail.
-I mistook that little bit of hair on her head as a hairband as was like "that kinda looks like a rope" lol, oops

Yay, I wasn't the only one who yawned at looking at it :D (though she was originally supposed to look intrigued, her final expression was indeed a yawn lol). Also dw about the braid haha, I was too lazy to draw the full thing so it's half showing and braids kinda look like ropes anyways. What I do keep worrying about is that Aisline's hair bun might look like she has short hair. But that's an angle problem Ig.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

-King Arthur's brother
-Electrician. That's all I really have to say lol
-Nice gloves

Nooo he doesn't have the special hair strand xD you can't say that nooo (jk)
I guess he could do some stuff like that?? I mean he could definitely learn, dunno if he's interested though. One thing I'm curious, I didn't draw gloves on him in the sketch (Ik the quality isn't the best) bc I was testing out a new design for the plates on his arm, so did you think that was a glove? I think he'll probably wear some in certain situations in the roleplay, but I haven't designed that yet. Not like I know much about gloves too. Either way one thing I focused on in the sketch is making Dion look older than his GGaD version. Here he should look more like a young adult instead of a teenager (but he's still cute imo).

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

-Nyoko pretty :0 (Aisline pretty too but she's more pretty tired xD)
-Cool coat
-Boots. Gimme. (:
-I really like the lower half of her outfit. It does kinda give me Run vibes and I apologize for that, but idk, I just really like the part by her knees. I might be misinterpreting it, however. Is it actually something guarding her knees? Or just the legwear underneath? 

Hehe I'm glad you think so! It's a personal thing that Nyoko is one of my prettiest OCs  so I'm glad it shows :3 If only she'd recognize that beauty...
Hmm, well, I haven't fully decided on what's under the coat. It's probably a skirt or a dress if we go straight by Bixbite's original clothing preference, but since this is an AU and another version of the character it could very well be something like baggy pants or something like that? I hadn't thought of knee guards but it could very well be a cool addition. I'll think about it. Thanks for the coat compliment too btw I quite like it even though its design is simple, it's a special kind of pretty imo.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

-Assassin's clothing gives me Saint Seiya trainee vibes lol
-Also she's so happy for an Assassin yay :D
-I don't have much to say about this lol sorry (but please tell Assassin I send her good vibes, me not commenting much does not reflect on her/how she looks)
-I guess she'll probably have casual clothes in-RP so if you'd like to spazz those outfit designs up, that'd be totally normal

I think I can see why you say that xD but idk if you remember, her outfit is almost fully blue so it's kinda hard to tell with color? Hmm, I don't think it's a bad thing anyways and yeah I see the vibes lol. Think she'd look cool in armor if she were in a SS AU.
It's okay to not have much comment for this, Ik her design was one of the first ones I had decided on so Ik you've seen it before. And yeah! I hope to have a thread in which she goes shopping or something. She along with Lancer are my two Servants who I'd think would be more comfortable in civilian clothes while out of battle. Ofc Assassin would straight out try to get clothes while Lancer would probably ask if her master is opposed to a change of clothes. I have ideas for both hehe but all will be shown in due time (meaning I haven't drawn my ideas yet).

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

-I like the markings on Lancer's glove thing 
-I think my biggest critique on her design is practicality-related. The decorations next to her chest serve to...well, emphasize it. It looks cool to us since we don't overthink it, but I mean, why would someone bundle the areas next to their chest realistically speaking? I think that's the doubt for me, but idk if it'd matter to her.

In Lancer's case I tried to go for less syymmettry in her design to make it more eye-catching so the gloves are a part of that. I dunno if you remember but Germaine has a tatoo-mark-thingy on her left arm, so in this outfit I specifically made the left glove shorter and put a bracelet on the upper arm so it's visible and kinf od looks like the right side glove but also doesn't, if that makes sense? I've yet to test it out in color so I might incorporate the design into the glove instead of leaving it exposed. Idk for sure yet. 
I mean to be fair what you mentioned about the chest was kinda the idea? Your mentioning it makes me feel slightly guilty over it lol. But aside from that, it's there for design purposes too, bc her vest needs something to hold it up and shape her torso (making her waist visible so it's not too blocky-looking). Tbh I have been wondering if Germaine wouuld mind or not, bc one doubt I had was personality, so uhhh I can't say for sure on that. The practicality of outfits isn't something that's touched upon much in the Fate series really, but it might be worth considering for our AU.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Tbh I'd go on about how I suck at designing clothing, but you probably already know that. I honestly don't even know why I focused on it so much in these notes.
Overall, really cool! I looked forward to seeing these, and they didn't disappoint. I think my favorite part is imagining the pairs. Some of them are easier to envision than others, but some of our characters are surprisingly stylish.

No, it's okay! I'm asking for personal opinion on this and so I'm thankful you took the time to write out notes :D it's an insight other than mine and that's good.
Hehe I'm glad I could live up to the expectations. At this point I've gone over several designs and these are the ones that speak to me the most, so I'll be improving or keeping these. Yesterday I did a draft for Aereon and I think I still have to touch it up a bit, but for now I'm satisfied.
One thing I'm glad is that the designs for the pairs don't have to match up so we get to have creative liberty :3c I wonder about your characters' designs, though someday I'll get to see the descriptions, written or drawn, so there's that.

Rn I have to leave so I can't fully reply to your second post, but I do want to see the summonning chant please!

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

January 18, 2023 01:12:39  #6777

R.I.P. I most definitely saw it as a glove (still do), my bad. It's a really nice hand though. He also does look older and more mature.
Oh yeah, there's a horror game called The Nun Massacre where an abusive nun is named Apollonia, which I found funny. (It's one of those things I probably am not describing well but just couldn't keep to myself for some reason?)
It seems Nyoko will know once Archer flirts with her and anyone else he deems attractive apparently he knows Rider won't beat him up for it,,, I hate that he's smarter than GGaD!Wiles :')
On Lancer: I mean, I'm not gonna judge. But you did ask for my thoughts. For me it's like some kind of exterior bra shape. Kinda weird. It's gonna be even weirder if I draw her.

My characters do have faces and hairstyles that are pretty much set. For the Masters in particular (seeing as my Masters generally appear earlier than yours and so I'm focusing on their designs a bit more), I just need to decide on clothing for Helge and Ambryll. (And Sunny too, but he does have one or two generic outfits at the ready.) Since I can change descriptions if I want, I'm not too concerned. It's mostly just me at the start of the AU sucking at ideas and me having to patch up holes.

Second post doesn't have too much to respond to, so no worries. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 18, 2023 01:26:37  #6778

"Once, twice, thrice. Fractal flames spark and then smolder upon a base of char. Their light smothers the tarnished gates. 
Hearken! From the domain beyond bloom and wither, the three cardinals take flight. The wheel turns; ashes across eons scatter and coalesce. So heeding the inscribed path, I hereby propose the following:
Mine will shall create thy body, and thy resolve shall construct mine fate. I swear to embody all good and to oppose all evil in the eternal world. I vow to accompany you who tread the shrouded road. [Berserker clause]
Now, if you dost accede to these conditions, then answer my call. Epitome without parallel residing within the eternal realm, shine thy radiance past the ring of restraint!"

----

It's pretty bare-bones. Also, I'm unable to give an explanation on the lore behind the chant. I relied heavily on inspiration for creating it and would like to keep it flexible for the time being. That also means for the Berserker clause, you can do the same thing. 
Any feedback would be appreciated, but the biggest component for me as of the moment is how it reads. I have a pretty bad idea of what constitutes cool, so it's nice to have another pair of eyes for that.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 21, 2023 21:32:40  #6779

If Dion's hand looks like a glove it's probably because of the pose xD he's rolling back his sleeve, not slipping a glove on but like I said I can certainly see the similarity lol.
Huh,,, I'm not really much into horror games so I hadn't heard about that one but it's an interesting bit of trivia. Dion's mom's side of the family has a thing for naming their kids with greek-deity-sounding names (hence Dion's name and Apollonia's), and it goes further back for reasons which i don't remember and I have them written somewhere... I wish I could remember where bc I had more names.

Tbh I'm curious to see you writing a character flirting. I don't think I've actively seen you roleplay something like that so xD
About the design, I can probably convert it to lace or a decoration. The bra shape is intentional (I have personal tastes regarding that kind of appearances) but I don't want it to be awkward lol, and the outfit itself can use a more details, so thanks for the insight again! I'll continue to touch upon the idea and I'll show you the results when I have some.

I'm looking forward to the descriptions but don't feel pressed for that. I think we've mentioned previously that we don't have to be 100% perfect in this AU so it's just fine to go back if you think a change is necessary. 

In regards to the summoning chant, my first reaction was awe because of all the words and they way it really has that incantation vibe to it. I'll think more about it to tell you but overall I can say I hav e a positive opinion on it. I like it, I think it's cool.
B)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

January 21, 2023 21:34:17  #6780

By the way I'm sorry for the slow replies to our threads. I seem to have a lot on my mind despite not having many responsibilities at the moment and I just keep feeling kind of overwhelmed while writing online lately. It's nothing about you or anyone else but I want to let you know that I've been reading and thinking about the best way to reply to the posts. Feel free to post a heads up or anything if you think I'm taking too long to reply or something because I am checking up on the forums daily.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

Board footera