HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 19, 2022 11:15:07  #6691

Re: Unlimited Chatting, Planning, and Weird Things ~ (@GalaxE and Spec)

Oh yeah, of course. I'm not criticizing, lol. Huyao Xiao Hongniang also does a similar thing, though it's a tad bit more realistic. The formatting (surname, first name, e.g. "Tushan Honghong") is there, but the names' meanings are so outlandish. For instance, Honghong's name is literally "Red Red," which would usually be a nickname rather than an actual name, e.g. Lianhuan's nickname is Huanhuan but his actual name isn't Yuezheng Huanhuan (which wouldn't be too bad of a name now that I write it lol)
The funniest thing for me is that Run's name could be Chinese rather than Japanese. If you added a surname at the end, of course. But anyways his name sounds very feminine in Chinese lol

I've written him before, though only as part of a forever unfinished excerpt. He got angsted pretty hard lol.
He's also summonable in F/DA, though we both know that will never happen lol

"John Lee" lmiao that's so funny to me because I'm imagining my character with an English name now xD John Lee Moses (Moses J. Lee lmiao)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

June 22, 2022 18:42:25  #6692

Names are interesting, I'll say again hehe. But fantasy is literally the definition of "reality can be whatever I want" so that's cool too.

Oh I see, I remember you mentioned the name now.

By the way could you please tell me what AU Dion you were referring to in our currently active thread? Because at first when you said "revive" I went like "did Galaxian do an AU where Dion's dead" and then I realized you probably meant like a thread or an idea...but then I couldn't think of what AU you meant, so if you could enlighten me I'd be very thankful.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 22, 2022 18:46:43  #6693

I did?
Oh, that got dark very quickly. I just meant a hypothetical Dion from a universe where he's probably grown up and so can cook very well. And maybe that hypothetical Dion happens to be (*voice raises*) the "hot Dion" that Wiley keeps on trying to make me draw ((((: I am going to find Wiles and toss him into a garbage chute (((((((:
On that topic, not all of the Alternate have already died, by the way. Though most of them have. It's rather sad.

And by the way, you have still yet to respond to a post above. Let me know if I should make my posts shorter, so I can then proceed to not do that

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 22, 2022 18:54:25  #6694

Yeah, wasn't that Zhongli Mo you mentioned once in some post? Or am I remembering things terribly wrong

I know you do a lot of AUs and also you sometimes write stuff to yourself when roleplaying, so...that possibility wasn't out of my mind. Grown-up Dion would be pretty cool imo. I'd draw him except I'm not really good at drawing adults peoples lol.
I could draw Hot Dion. Like, Summer Dion (but not in the Summer Servant type sense, I mean like Dion during summer) under the sun and trying to cool off licking a popsicle. I kinda want to draw that now.
Imagine an AU but it's a cooking show and Dion wins the grand prize.

I'm not sure what that comment about the Alternate means/is related too but thanks for the info. I can agree it's sad.

You mean the planning post about F/DA? I've tried to reply several times but I get to a standstill because I can't process all my thoughts at the same time and structure them into something readable. For the future shorter posts would be appreciated or like splitting a long post into several short ones yep

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 22, 2022 18:55:32  #6695

I can't imagine Dion being "hot" though, I can see him kinda cute and being maaaaaaaaaybe mildly attractive? But not hot xD

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 22, 2022 19:04:10  #6696

I'm not sure. It'd help if you elaborated on that memory, but tbh this is just me not remembering every post I make (which I don't think can be faulted lol).
Are you talking about an art piece? I did draw him once. Extremely inaccurately. I need to redesign the dude.

Yeah, the possibility is there, though bold of you to assume that I'd reveal anything to others lol. 
In more seriousness, I usually just work with my characters when it comes to AUs, and if it involves other people's characters (nowadays, basically just yours lol), I ask them if I can. For instance, I'm not gonna kill off Sollux for Sunny in some AU to develop differently or make a GGaD AU where Dion and Rai's relationship is different than what it is in GGaD for my own convenience. Paymon is an exception, because he and Xenia are always dead. 
But I do think it'd be interesting if I worked more with others on this front. For instance, I'm very interested in Laurie. And I think I had more characters to list but just forgot all of them, whoopsie. 
Anyways... 
(*awkwardly laughs*)
(*tosses Wiley in a garbage chute*)

Dion deserves that grand prize. Though right now I'm imagining him winning one of those pie competitions lol. I think he'd like a blue ribbon but I might be wrong

Haha

Okay, we both know I'm not gonna do that, but thanks.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 22, 2022 19:06:26  #6697

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

I can't imagine Dion being "hot" though, I can see him kinda cute and being maaaaaaaaaybe mildly attractive? But not hot xD

I dunno, though I feel like Echo did call him hot before. Might be misremembering

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 22, 2022 19:10:09  #6698

Echo calls everyone hot so I wouldn't be surprised

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 22, 2022 19:13:16  #6699

I dunno, I think they have pretty good distinctions between "hot," "pretty boy," and...and..."cute"? I can't remember the terms lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 22, 2022 19:44:23  #6700

They simp for all of those definitions though xD

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 22, 2022 19:57:37  #6701

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I'm not sure. It'd help if you elaborated on that memory, but tbh this is just me not remembering every post I make (which I don't think can be faulted lol).
Are you talking about an art piece? I did draw him once. Extremely inaccurately. I need to redesign the dude.

Yeah, the possibility is there, though bold of you to assume that I'd reveal anything to others lol. 
In more seriousness, I usually just work with my characters when it comes to AUs, and if it involves other people's characters (nowadays, basically just yours lol), I ask them if I can. For instance, I'm not gonna kill off Sollux for Sunny in some AU to develop differently or make a GGaD AU where Dion and Rai's relationship is different than what it is in GGaD for my own convenience. Paymon is an exception, because he and Xenia are always dead. 
But I do think it'd be interesting if I worked more with others on this front. For instance, I'm very interested in Laurie. And I think I had more characters to list but just forgot all of them, whoopsie. 
Anyways... 
(*awkwardly laughs*)
(*tosses Wiley in a garbage chute*)

Dion deserves that grand prize. Though right now I'm imagining him winning one of those pie competitions lol. I think he'd like a blue ribbon but I might be wrong

Haha

Okay, we both know I'm not gonna do that, but thanks.

-Galaxian-

Don't trust my memory too much lol. But I can assure you it wasn't a drawing.

Yeah I don't really expect you to share many of then things you work on. It's real nice when you do share stuff, so much that I get way to excited over it.
Ah geez I'm honored that you'd think of including my characters in headcanons and stuff xD I love off character relationships and I really like threading stuff iwht other people hehe.
Really cursed thing is that when you mentioned a different relationship for Dion and Rai my mind inmediately went to a ROMANTIC relationship--
Wouludn't it be funny if there's like this one universe where Paymon and Xenia area live tho, but it's only one universe out of the whole multiverse of AUs xD

You know I tend to like overshare stuff about my characters when I'm working with others, but I don't think it's happening this time with Laurie :') or at least not for now. I guess I have other character priorities, but I can share trivia about her if you want.

I just pictured Wiley being thrown into space as part of the Empty Chute task in the Skeld. I've been playing too much Among Us haksdjgñdf help.

Dion definitely likes blue lol but most of all he likes to feel superior to others and/or prove his own worth (to himsefl mostly).

Would it bother you if I replied to the planning post in chunks? Maybe it'd be easier for me.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 22, 2022 22:01:10  #6702

Well, of course, they're not the Ultimate Simp for no reason.

Well then, maybe it was something about Zhenyi. That'd make sense, sort of.
He sad

Wait what are "off character" relationships? I guess you might've meant to type "our" instead of "off" but am asking just to be sure
Oh no, Specter's melding with the hypothetical cursed fandom. Call the hypothetical fandom police
Y'know, the funny thing is that today I'd just remembered that CC!Rai was shipped with CC!Rune for a little while. I'm so glad they never met in GGaD because that'd just be awkward for me lol (and for context Anima didn't exist yet as a character lol). But anyways, awkward things galore I guess.
Rai and Dion can't be in that sort of relationship, they're both straight
And as I proceed to talk more about this to make you more uncomfortable, I don't think even the crackship part of my mind has ever shipped the two of them (and I say this because both Wiley and Raez have submitted forms that say they're straight lol), which is a good thing, I'm pretty sure. They have a pretty nice dynamic in my view, though it probably needs more development (my bad for sticking in Raez and Wiley, but the Not-Quad Squad's also comedic, so no regrets). But in any case, their relationship in GGaD is nice. I think my favorite part of it is how it's pretty calm on the surface but has its sweet and funny moments underneath, and considering how they canonically spend a considerable amount of time together, it's nice to think about. I do have to say the worst part is probably how they've been put together by circumstance and how, as a result, Rai thinks of the arrangement as being very temporary, but y'know, that's how most relationships work in real life, so I can't really be so stubborn on that end. (Doesn't stop me from being irrational though lol, you might have recognized how much I like long-term relationships.) 

For you, do you think that Sunny and Sollux would be in that universe? I was about to say otherwise but then decided that, for me, there are really just two scenarios. One is that they're single, and the second is that Sollux and Sunny are already grown up for some reason. Don't ask lol but I guess I just think that it's sweet for them to essentially be alone with each other. Kids are nice but they are so rambunctious (at least these two are lol)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 22, 2022 22:11:05  #6703

Well, you know, theoretically speaking, the Alternate's past shouldn't be as pertinent as the present, but we both know that if plot comes around there is almost no way that will hold true, at least for some of them
I guess for Laurie I keep being curious about her world lol. I've been developing the other Alternate's worlds a lot and it's intriguing. And yeah there's that bit of me that thinks a character who's related to her (not family, I mean, just having connections with her somehow) could be cool (and I do have a lot of Alternate ideas), but idk lol it's always there in my head somewhere and I can't quite make sense of it.
What I mean to say is that I think I wasn't talking about trivia (and didn't make it clear at all), but trivia is always nice. On a related vein, I've been thinking about making a continuation for the wiki museum thread for a while now, but I still haven't been able to decide on how to substitute for Helen, and you weren't responding to threads at all (essentially) during that time. But if I don't make one, I think we can always just make other threads if we want, so me wanting to see her more shouldn't be that much of an issue (given that you and her are willing for something like that to happen). 

(*dusts hands off by clapping them together while not helping*)

Tbh that superiority complex(?) is something (within other things) that I would definitely like Rai to help him with (as in "there's nothing wrong with being competitive but there is something wrong with wanting to be above others, not only in terms of the inevitability that someone will be better than you and in terms of why that sort of mindset is present in the first place"), but Rai's kinda immensely unhelpful when it comes to that sort of thing. I think that he thinks Dion will figure it out by himself or something, jfdiofjsdofids. 
I guess Raez could? But he's also literally a pirate and tries not to preach about morality to others because of obvious reasons
So now I guess the question is "would Dion share that pie he made or"
Rai has a neutral opinion on all sorts of pie except those with absurd amounts of chocolate, but sharing is caring, I think.
And a random thought to end this section: Rai would make a closet thing for Dion to store his medals/awards for cooking and banking. I think that's kind of a nice thought. Imagine they live normally, and maybe they aren't as close anymore, but that sort of thing would still be present and would be, as I said, kind of nice.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 22, 2022 22:12:19  #6704

By the way, I didn't proofread the above post at all, so sorry for any mistakes there.
But last but not least, do whatever works for you. I will caution you ahead of time that if I happen to reply, I prefer to reply as soon as possible (unless I can't think of a response, of course), so keeping track of those posts will be left to you. But I'll try to hold back a little in consideration of your time.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 22, 2022 22:45:01  #6705

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Well, of course, they're not the Ultimate Simp for no reason.

Well then, maybe it was something about Zhenyi. That'd make sense, sort of.
He sad

Wait what are "off character" relationships? I guess you might've meant to type "our" instead of "off" but am asking just to be sure
Oh no, Specter's melding with the hypothetical cursed fandom. Call the hypothetical fandom police
Y'know, the funny thing is that today I'd just remembered that CC!Rai was shipped with CC!Rune for a little while. I'm so glad they never met in GGaD because that'd just be awkward for me lol (and for context Anima didn't exist yet as a character lol). But anyways, awkward things galore I guess.
Rai and Dion can't be in that sort of relationship, they're both straight
And as I proceed to talk more about this to make you more uncomfortable, I don't think even the crackship part of my mind has ever shipped the two of them (and I say this because both Wiley and Raez have submitted forms that say they're straight lol), which is a good thing, I'm pretty sure. They have a pretty nice dynamic in my view, though it probably needs more development (my bad for sticking in Raez and Wiley, but the Not-Quad Squad's also comedic, so no regrets). But in any case, their relationship in GGaD is nice. I think my favorite part of it is how it's pretty calm on the surface but has its sweet and funny moments underneath, and considering how they canonically spend a considerable amount of time together, it's nice to think about. I do have to say the worst part is probably how they've been put together by circumstance and how, as a result, Rai thinks of the arrangement as being very temporary, but y'know, that's how most relationships work in real life, so I can't really be so stubborn on that end. (Doesn't stop me from being irrational though lol, you might have recognized how much I like long-term relationships.) 

For you, do you think that Sunny and Sollux would be in that universe? I was about to say otherwise but then decided that, for me, there are really just two scenarios. One is that they're single, and the second is that Sollux and Sunny are already grown up for some reason. Don't ask lol but I guess I just think that it's sweet for them to essentially be alone with each other. Kids are nice but they are so rambunctious (at least these two are lol)

-Galaxian-

Is that the guy with the cute ponytail that you drew in almost full body digital? Cause I remember that drawing very well.

Oh yeah I meant "our". Sorry for my typos lol I have no excuse.
I think my brain already gives me enough cursed content that I don't need to mention or share with others :')
That's curious. I didn't really see Rai as the typoe of character who could be shipped with another roleplayer's character xD.
Are they really though? ;) (just kidding, Dion is indeed straight except in the universe where he isn't. Not that I've created one anyways. I'M SORRY I'M NOT FUNNY)
Now that's funny too because my mind did crackship them. Not just one time too lol but it never really got past the crack part of the ship. I can't really see them being a couple unless I get into that crazy-fandom-mindset which isn't my style. I really like their canon dynamic, and I know of at least one person who follows their interactions and likes it as much as I do. But yeah, you're right, that squad ist's actually pretty comedic. I guess Dion's suited for that in certain ways too? I wouldn't know, I'd have to hear it from someone who isn't me xD.
By the way, I'd like to mention this. I know it's hard given the in-rp plot and his personality, but I'd really like for Dion to interact more with RRW. Right now I feel like Dion feels that think like "you can't intrude in pre-existing friend groups" where he's more or less left out. I suppose it's inevitable in some way as 3/4 of the guys are oyur characters... but yeah, just wanted to say that. Also because I see potential (read: headcanon) about what their relationship could be in the future and it's just sweet about Dion having, uo'w, friends.

I like the one with grown up kids.
It'd mean that with proper parental guidance Sunny and Sollux most likely have succesful lives and stuff. And Paymon and Xenia can be happy lving as a couple. Idk I think it'd make for a pretty cute scenario xD.
Let me know if you have an inspiration or description for Xenia's design so I can try drawing her with Paymon one day

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 22, 2022 22:59:11  #6706

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Well, you know, theoretically speaking, the Alternate's past shouldn't be as pertinent as the present, but we both know that if plot comes around there is almost no way that will hold true, at least for some of them
I guess for Laurie I keep being curious about her world lol. I've been developing the other Alternate's worlds a lot and it's intriguing. And yeah there's that bit of me that thinks a character who's related to her (not family, I mean, just having connections with her somehow) could be cool (and I do have a lot of Alternate ideas), but idk lol it's always there in my head somewhere and I can't quite make sense of it.
What I mean to say is that I think I wasn't talking about trivia (and didn't make it clear at all), but trivia is always nice. On a related vein, I've been thinking about making a continuation for the wiki museum thread for a while now, but I still haven't been able to decide on how to substitute for Helen, and you weren't responding to threads at all (essentially) during that time. But if I don't make one, I think we can always just make other threads if we want, so me wanting to see her more shouldn't be that much of an issue (given that you and her are willing for something like that to happen). 

(*dusts hands off by clapping them together while not helping*)

Tbh that superiority complex(?) is something (within other things) that I would definitely like Rai to help him with (as in "there's nothing wrong with being competitive but there is something wrong with wanting to be above others, not only in terms of the inevitability that someone will be better than you and in terms of why that sort of mindset is present in the first place"), but Rai's kinda immensely unhelpful when it comes to that sort of thing. I think that he thinks Dion will figure it out by himself or something, jfdiofjsdofids. 
I guess Raez could? But he's also literally a pirate and tries not to preach about morality to others because of obvious reasons
So now I guess the question is "would Dion share that pie he made or"
Rai has a neutral opinion on all sorts of pie except those with absurd amounts of chocolate, but sharing is caring, I think.
And a random thought to end this section: Rai would make a closet thing for Dion to store his medals/awards for cooking and banking. I think that's kind of a nice thought. Imagine they live normally, and maybe they aren't as close anymore, but that sort of thing would still be present and would be, as I said, kind of nice.

-Galaxian-

I'm still not entirely sure of how the Alternate's worlds' thing works and stuff, but I mean, I have my headcanons too lol. Laurie is a reboot character though and that means I had material to work with. If plot comes up or you have an idea related to that, juist hmu and I'll havppily share what I have. For now though I want Laurel to just enjoy herself in this life and find a hobby hehe.
I know you weren't talking about trivia but I offered trivia xD. Like how Laurie really likes spicy food? In the sense of spicy hot, not really salted with the other spices. She likes chili and chili peppers.
Dude, I'd be glad to have another thread to roleplay in. This year's past months I've been inactive because of a combination of health issues and being busy with school (plus taking a loremaster position in a server), but now that I'm on vacations I'm trying to roleplay as much as I can, as you probably can see. At least until I start uni cause I still don't have my schedule lol. My replies mostly slow down when I feel my mind get overwhelmed by something in the thread or related to it.

I've always found it curious how I could list more negative traits than positive ones in Dion's character and yet I still love him so much. He is definitely the kind of character who needs help from others instead of being the helpful kind. There are many things in how I created Dion that I really enjoy, cause I think he's a complex OC and that may be the reason I like him? I do get annoyed by his selfishness sometimes. I think that aspect of him is pretty obvious. There are many things wrong with him, but is anyone in the Not-Quad Squad really normal in the first place?
Btw can we abbreviate the n ame to NQS? I'm lazy and don't wanna type the whole thing out.
I guess he probably would, but probably in a tsundere kind of way (I hate myself for associating Dion with the tsundere stereotype but he just fits it really well in some scenarios) or trying hard to mask his excitement for having the guys taste what he made. I wonder if chocolate pie exists. I want to make one now.
Dude I'm a sucker for the headcanon of the NQS remaining friends till the future. I like to imagine that Dion gets his own home but he's still friends with Rai.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 22, 2022 23:00:46  #6707

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

By the way, I didn't proofread the above post at all, so sorry for any mistakes there.
But last but not least, do whatever works for you. I will caution you ahead of time that if I happen to reply, I prefer to reply as soon as possible (unless I can't think of a response, of course), so keeping track of those posts will be left to you. But I'll try to hold back a little in consideration of your time.

-Galaxian-

I'm going to cry at the sheer amount of silly misspellings I had to correct to don't worry really xD

Uhhh if I don't reply tomorrow I'll probably be doing it during the weekend. Tomorrow's probably going to be a busy day so I don't know about activity. Anyways, you're not very active in the early mornings in my time from what I can see :')

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 22, 2022 23:44:28  #6708

Yeah, though I wish you wouldn't remember it :') I'd rather you remember the one where I was strangely adept at coloring

To be honest, it surprised me too. That sort of notion likely is also why I don't remember it very well (also it was super brief lol)
A funny thing about orientations is that sometimes I forget people will change up characters' orientations, since I just make those orientations the same everywhere (at least for the most part? I can't remember any exceptions at the moment, except maybe my first batch of characters, and they don't count because I didn't define their orientations back then. I didn't know what orientations were). 
I can see that happening lol.
Yeah, those crazy fandoms kinda just go "THEY INTERACTED" and then ship characters based off of that "logic." Not that I can criticize much, since I kinda do that with friendships lol this is a halfhearted plea for help. But anyways, Rai and Dion as a crackship (and I'm not writing "x" in between intentionally) is at least not as cursed as Dion and Wiley as a crackship, if that's of any consolation to you. Tbh it probably isn't, huh
ist's
I wonder if one time Dion will join in suddenly and surprise the others. He usually is just staring uncomfortably or something but that one time he makes a joke that fits way too much and resumes his deadpan expression. Slightly scary because it indicates that he got corrupted by the others' influence
jk...maybe?

Thanks for bringing that up. I've tried to keep that in consideration, but Dion does seem to do a thing where he kinda isolates himself (either physically or through his attitude, and let me just say that is 100% justified because Wiley is hecking scary). I've also been trying to avoid something I see where characters are randomly left out when a group is interacting, but it seems I accidentally went to the other extreme due to having control over most of the characters in that group.
I do have to logically blame Wiley for this first, because as you probably have noticed, he hogs the attention really naturally. So I have to orient my characters to incorporate whatever the heck he's doing/saying while trying to include Dion as well, and I think that has resulted in Dion being left out too much while I try to include Rai/Raez more "naturally." And along with other factors, like Dion not being particularly assertive/talkative and (again) most of the characters in the group belonging to me, he's more isolated. But that's no excuse, and I do apologize for the trend.
Essentially, I understand why it's happening, but I'm not too sure how to right it as of the moment. Do you have any suggestions on this note? Personally, I'd love to convey to Dion somehow that this "pre-existing friend group" is actually rather recent as well, and Raez and Rai (at least) are very willing to get to know him better if he wants. But as implied before, they don't seem to be as willing to address his attitude directly, which makes my job a little more difficult on this front. For Rai, it might be a matter of him feeling like relationship development isn't really important due to their relationship being temporary in the first place (as he perceives it, and not irrationally so), and Raez is kinda just...Raez. He has his reasons, I suppose. But that does mean that Dion might need to take more initiative on this, and he can't, then we'll need to figure something out. Trapping them in a thread/room and forcing them to interact lolol hehehe
Them working together in an Escape Room except 1) ordinary escape rooms are too easy for Rai and ones with the threat of death would traumatize Dion, 2) I feel like at one point Dion would get so fed up with Wiley that he just walks back further into the Escape Room just to escape Wiley

Relating to this topic, I wonder how Dion's and Wiley's relationship will evolve. I remember they were actually okay when it came to their first meeting (probably because Wiley didn't really want to get involved, no offense to Dion or Rai lol), and then at their second meeting Wiley realized there was someone new he could annoy, so...oops. He really needs to learn boundaries but I can't beat that knowledge into him :') as you can see from him tormenting my existence on a frequent basis :') 
What does uo'w mean, by the way

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 23, 2022 00:04:15  #6709

Responding to the part about Xenia/Paymon here since the last part was almost exclusively about the Not-Quad Squad
I'm less concerned about Sunny and Sollux having successful lives than I am about them having successful personalities
Okay, and I know how mean that sounds, but let me explain. Look at all the worlds they're in. Okay, maybe that's only 3 at the moment, but xD, pretend like it's substantial evidence. In HPA, they both are well-off financially. In GGaD, they would've been well-off as well if their parents were still around (and even at the moment, they at least are alive lol, you can't tell me that's not a good thing). And in F/DA, they're also okay financially.
So excluding the fact that in all of those worlds they don't have alive parents and trauma is like a few steps away, they kinda have good lives, I think! Maybe? 
Yeah, I kinda just collapsed my own claim. This is fine.

Xenia and Paymon are so wholesome in my imagination (excluding when my mind starts worrying about their relationship for Certain Reasons I will not elaborate on presently). It's weird how much I don't know about them coupled with how much I like them. 
I know Xenia's design, I just can't adequately describe it. And there is no way I will be able to draw her within the next 2 decades jfiosdjfodsfs.
I'm sorry I can't really say anything else confidently, but this lady wears elaborate gowns, has extensive beauty, and causes me art despair. Added to that, she has relatively pale blond hair (which is also styled very elaborately, help me). It's of currently undecided length. And then I guess she has on whatever represents her marriage with Paymon. She definitely wears it 24/7 lol. She's like that.
I have in mind that she's likely shorter than most of my OCs (and definitely shorter than Paymon), but not to the extent where she'd be called "small." Maybe 5' 4'' or a little shorter. Definitely over 5'. And she has some more religious accessories on her. But that's about it.
Sorry for not being helpful. I swear I'll work on it but she's kinda like Chiyoko (but worse). My so-called "eye for detail" collapses when it comes to detail for things I know nothing about :') (*quiet screaming*). In any case, I'll try to develop it more and give you something better or something. Or maybe something worse (read: a horrible sketch). Depends on what comes out.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 23, 2022 00:26:55  #6710

Don't worry, it's not really of any relevance at the moment. On my part, I've mostly had to come up with original stuff (I could recycle stuff for Manai, but I'd rather not because 2015 me's planning sucked to absolutely no end), so I hope that doesn't come across as too cringe in case there are any references to that xD.
"No u" lol. But yeah, speaking more seriously, I'd rather you have more control when it comes to what you want to involve Laurie in. I think that Galaxian made it pretty clear back when he revived them, but certain members of the group are definitely more involved than in the world than others (for now, that mostly means Nagesh; dude somehow got pulled into the CD plot on at least three ends right away lmiao), so that means everyone makes their own decisions in terms of what they want to do and that Galaxian constructed the group trying to make sure everyone would retain that autonomy in the first place (he's kinda nice when he can figure things out lol). More formally, that means that the entire group shouldn't go up in an inferno when important events happen to one/a few of them (the base is fortified and they shouldn't be that deeply connected with each other's issues), but more informally, that just means that I'd rather you be able to retain some control over what Laurie involves herself in so that there aren't nasty traumatic moments that you don't want her to experience. That is, both Galaxian and I wanted to prevent all of them getting dragged into the water without being prepared in case something does happen to one of them. So, if you want Laurie's past world to have relevance somehow, lemme know and maybe we can come up with a character or something. And if you don't, that's your choice, and I respect it entirely. I think the system's pretty cool.
As part of me not wanting the Alternate to completely dominate Laurie as a character in GGaD, I do think that her exploration of the world will probably come from other characters for the major part. (Manai and her have fun outside, but I somehow feel like neither of them are making moral discoveries in the process. xD no character development, just fluff.) But the Alternate will always be that home she can return to, even if she distances from them in the future on her journey. I know I sound kinda conceited and extremely biased when I say this, but I feel like the Alternate is one of the best groups out there [in the multiverse] to belong to, so why not keep the choice of returning, right?

I'm imagining Laurie chomping down on a ghost pepper with zero [0] expression change and Manai is literally looking on like "Wow :O" btw I feel like the Alternate is the group that seems very rational, but in truth Laurie did that because everyone bet a dollar on it xD

Not gonna lie, man, I was very jealous when you became loremaster and kinda went completely inactive here (: but I am glad you're back, lol. Though I do feel like I should be making less posts so you can talk to the others more. Eh. (*proceeds to continue spam*)
By the way, my mom congratulates you on getting into college! I couldn't find a good place to mention it lol it would feel weird if I posted on your homethread without something leading it, so yeah.
I hope you're not feeling overwhelmed here; let me know if you are. And also, on that note, sorry if I'm being really boring or have been really boring in roleplaying threads. I feel like I exchanged the senseless spontaneity of my 2018-19 roleplaying style for something equally as bad (a stiff and overly complicated style), and it's something I should definitely work on. I hope that when this happens you'll tell me more so that I can work on correcting it, so please let me know when you're stuck and the fault lies on my end.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 23, 2022 01:25:10  #6711

Back to the Not-Quad Squad talk (kinda, it's mostly just me making it about them)
You talking about Dion's character design is interesting 'cause I'm a sucker for analyzing character dynamics that way (lol just a sucker in general). I guess it's because through interactions, there's a chance that in circumstances like those in the Not-Quad Squad, they end up learning from each other and reflecting aspects of one another that way. 
But since your post talked about flaws, I guess I'll try to focus on that instead of jumping everywhere, lol. I feel like every character has a certain relationship with flaws, and how that relationship is established/conveyed is a crucial component of what "makes/breaks" a character, either for most people or for specific people. Personally, I find what you said about him interesting, since I feel like one of my worst aspects is an unwillingness to tolerate high degrees of imperfection--both in general and when it comes to things like personalities. I don't feel like I've ever really understood the meaning of the saying "Flaws are beautiful and what make up a person," and so in general I tend to try to reason for others'/my own flaws rather than accepting them and working on them more subtly. I think that out of my characters, Sunny's probably the one who's more morally neutral (as in not really morally screwed up) while having flaws to what I consider to be an excessive amount, and I think you know how much I don't tolerate him. He's rude, lacking in empathy, not even funny, and more, and I feel like there's some component of that that I should be accepting rather than forever reasoning away, but I don't seem to be able to get it.
But tying back into Dion's relationship with the rest of the Not-Quad Squad (by the way, nowadays that group name is kind of tragic for me, I dunno if you've felt something similar), I find it interesting how Dion is the one with the clear flaws in the group when, after considering it more, he's really not on some extreme end of a spectrum when compared to the other guys. And unfortunately for him, he does have clearer parallels to Wiley in this aspect compared to Rai and Raez (who have more connections there), since I feel like Wiley seems like someone with apparent flaws that he not only doesn't hide but also clearly presents with his attitude. But between the two of them, there are also differences (due to their backgrounds and how they present themselves, which is also a difference throughout the group). I feel like with more elaboration on all of them and where they're coming from, this sort of difference (with themes like presentation, flaws, selfishness/selflessness, etc.) will be made even more interesting and profound than it already is, and I think you can tell how excited I am about this lol. But overall, I highly anticipate Dion's development and seeing more of his past (which plays into the complexity you mentioned), and you know, the Not-Quad continuing to be weird (lol).

Overall, I feel like I gotta say that I enjoyed what you said about Dion immensely. Loser nerd am I
I did imply Dion's background for a personal reason, and that reason is that I finally figured out what to do with the character idea I had a while ago. Let me know if you want to discuss that. I don't think it'll impact anything immediately (and I haven't submitted a form in...at least a year lol), but it's pretty cool, I think. Yay. (:
I really wanna keep talking about the Not-Quad Squad but I'll cut it off there lol (since I have even more I wanna say). Please do keep talking about them so I have an excuse to ramble and ramble
You can say NQS if you want (do what you want lol, heck rename 'em if you wish to do so), but it somehow feels less personalized/more generic for some reason to me? It's mostly the irony I feel, though. It might wear off. I guess it does help with the tragedy sense I mentioned before. I'm not sure, but I think I'll keep typing it out in full (unless we do rename it). 
Anyway, I'm saying this despite being the one to call Raez, Rai, and Wiley the "RRW Triad." I have 0 imagination
Raez and Wiley have more imaginative pair names though, like "The Draft and the Grave Marker"
jk jk

The funniest thing about this is that I accidentally excluded Raez and Wiley from that question xDDDD
Rai will help make chocolate pie exist if they don't (also a basic Bing search says they do exist)

I also like to imagine Dion getting his own home and Rai not dying from the horrible plot I lay out for my characters (seriously, I suck.)
I can imagine Dion giving Rai a house tour while pretending like it's not a big deal lol in his head it is 100% a big deal
And I might be stretching it a bit (idk if this would happen with or without character development), but he actually has a guest room he reserved for Rai (and also Raez/Wiley, possibly). But it's mostly for Rai and he put some stuff in there that he thought Rai would like (from their time living together). Very sweet but this is gonna be funny when it turns out Dion wouldn't do that xD
(It'd also be funny if "He customized a room for Rai" means the entire room is literally blank because that's what he thought fits. I mean, it wouldn't be inaccurate. xD)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 23, 2022 01:45:29  #6712

By the way, just read this and respond to what you like (though give a little more prompt since it's harder to tell in clumps). I'm pretty sure me spamming all of this is going against many social etiquette rules, but the other day I just realized I'm pretty close to homeschooled now, so I have an excuse for preexisting social inadequacy (:
Anyways, it's okay, I'm used to waiting lol. I also keep others waiting a lot so that helps
I'm not very active in early mornings, period. Unless you count very early mornings at your time, in which case my brain cell doesn't function then since it's also very early morning here. I think I really should work on changing my sleep schedule but anxiety and stupidity don't make for a good combination
Good luck tomorrow! I have one more post and then will stop spamming. Temporarily.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 23, 2022 02:58:55  #6713

Alright, here's the last post, after I forgot how to talk properly for a good hour.
I wanted to ask you two things. The more primary one is: Do you have a plan of your own, of any sort, for Martin moving forward?
I'm not asking this because I wanna do something to him plot-wise or want to make Kiaane very connected with him. I mostly want to know out of curiosity. I'm not too sure where the Thaohal plot is headed and kinda suspect that without just the right catalyst, it's likely going to stay stagnant. So, I wanted to know the degree of which Martin is connected to it.
I also do want to communicate that as of late, I keep feeling like I may have been too imposing when it comes to Martin's and Kiaane's relationship, though I don't really know how to measure that right now. I am self-aware when it comes to pulling characters into major things for the most part, but relationships are pretty important in their own right. So, please let me know about your opinion on their relationship, and always be sure to let me know if something I do makes you uncomfortable. 
I feel like this message could have been organized much better, but this is what I have right now. Let me know your thoughts when you have the time.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 23, 2022 16:19:18  #6714

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

A funny thing about orientations is that sometimes I forget people will change up characters' orientations, since I just make those orientations the same everywhere (at least for the most part? I can't remember any exceptions at the moment, except maybe my first batch of characters, and they don't count because I didn't define their orientations back then. I didn't know what orientations were).

I think I also keep the orientations the same pretty much everywhere. When I posted that I was thinking about the multiverse and the IQ that says “eXCEPT IN THE UNIVERSE WHERE IT ISN’T” and yeah. Way to go @me, basing my posts and thoughts off an incorrect quote.
I’d feel really weird if Dion didn’t have a straight orientation. I have some other characters with which I can go “oh well yeah I can imagine something different here” but for Dion in my mind it just…doesn’t fit.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Yeah, those crazy fandoms kinda just go "THEY INTERACTED" and then ship characters based off of that "logic." Not that I can criticize much, since I kinda do that with friendships lol this is a halfhearted plea for help. But anyways, Rai and Dion as a crackship (and I'm not writing "x" in between intentionally) is at least not as cursed as Dion and Wiley as a crackship, if that's of any consolation to you. Tbh it probably isn't, huh

There’s a differentsce between friendships and the other kind of (relation)ship. There’s fandoms where people will even ship characters who haven’t interacted. It’s wild, really.
Kill me for this but I think Dion and Wiley (almost typed Rai and Wiley???) is less cursed than Rai and Dion. As a crackshigp I mean. But a crackship’s a crackship and since Wiley flirting for fun is canon, I suppose ehhhh it’s really not that relevant in my mind. I certainly wouldn’t get annoyed over it anyways.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

ist's

ist's

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I wonder if one time Dion will join in suddenly and surprise the others. He usually is just staring uncomfortably or something but that one time he makes a joke that fits way too much and resumes his deadpan expression. Slightly scary because it indicates that he got corrupted by the others' influence
jk...maybe?

I can see this happening eventually once/if Dion gets more used to having the others around. I think that if he stops making himself feel uncomfortable (which is mostly his own fault for overthinking things but then he also has reasons to not be friends with anyone he meets, plus his personality) he’d be a pretty cool guy. Also have you ever heard of a group in which the members don’t influence each other at all? I haven’t, so I think he definitely will get influenced in time :’)

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Thanks for bringing that up. I've tried to keep that in consideration, but Dion does seem to do a thing where he kinda isolates himself…

Asjkfgalhdflg I have to say that a lot of the problem here originates from Dion’s personalityand the way he acts on purpose. Like if he were someone more outgoing, he’d probably press harder to get into the group’s dynamic and it might give you more of a chance to incorporate everyone into conversarion more easily.
Buuut one thing relating to personality I want to mention. If you can get Dion to open up to someone (Rai is the first choice in my mind but then again I can’t think of how he would react to this) at least just a little, he’ll want to talk. That could lead to an information exchange, I think, and if such a thing were to happen. I think it’d be easier for us to set up future interactions. The problem is how this could come about in the first place lol. If you can come up with a good reason for them to get trapped and have to talk their way out of the situation, I’m game. Dion’s character development is a dream of mine.
Btw if you want to traumatize Dion I can give you permission I think but maybe like a one-time or two-time thing only.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Relating to this topic, I wonder how Dion's and Wiley's relationship will evolve. I remember they were actually okay when it came to their first meeting (probably because Wiley didn't really want to get involved, no offense to Dion or Rai lol), and then at their second meeting Wiley realized there was someone new he could annoy, so...oops. He really needs to learn boundaries but I can't beat that knowledge into him :') as you can see from him tormenting my existence on a frequent basis :')

The’first time Dion was like “oh a random person I will not pay much attention to” and the second time he was like “NO” and didn’t take it well at all. He’s kinda exaggerated in that part too so don’t take it very much to heart xD. The first step for now is to get Dion’t to tolerate Wiley and I think I can work from there with whatever happens. It’ll be progress from having Dion be eternally irritated just from the thought of having Wiley around.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

What does uo'w mean, by the way

Typo for “y’know” haha sorry about that.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 23, 2022 16:20:13  #6715

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I'm less concerned about Sunny and Sollux having successful lives than I am about them having successful personalities

When I said successful lifves I meant it in a wholesome way, not in a material sense. In my opinion it’s far more important to be a good person with morals than being a rich person (though if you can be both then that’d be ideal) so yeah. I get what you’re saying and I think you understand what I meant now?

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Xenia and Paymon are so wholesome in my imagination (excluding when my mind starts worrying about their relationship for Certain Reasons I will not elaborate on presently). It's weird how much I don't know about them coupled with how much I like them.

What can I say here but “same”. There’s a lot of ??? stuff in my mind, things that I’m curious about, but in general I absolutely adore the idea of their relationship.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I know Xenia's design, I just can't adequately describe it. And there is no way I will be able to draw her within the next 2 decades jfiosdjfodsfs.
I'm sorry I can't really say anything else confidently, but this lady wears elaborate gowns, has extensive beauty, and causes me art despair. Added to that, she has relatively pale blond hair (which is also styled very elaborately, help me). It's of currently undecided length. And then I guess she has on whatever represents her marriage with Paymon. She definitely wears it 24/7 lol. She's like that.
I have in mind that she's likely shorter than most of my OCs (and definitely shorter than Paymon), but not to the extent where she'd be called "small." Maybe 5' 4'' or a little shorter. Definitely over 5'. And she has some more religious accessories on her. But that's about it.

Thank you for the attempt at description but it’s still kinda vague xD betcha that if I tried something with that it’d come out very differently than what you have in mind, though I could try it anyways. What style of clothing do you think she wears? Something more European or more Asian? Because my mind gravitates towards European style when I’m drawing. Guess it’s what I’m more used to. Does Xenia have pink eyes too?
Paymon is like 6’ lol I don’t remember his actual height if I ever defined it.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 23, 2022 16:20:42  #6716

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

"No u" lol. But yeah, speaking more seriously, I'd rather you have more control when it comes to what you want to involve Laurie in. I think that Galaxian made it pretty clear back when he revived them, but certain members of the group are definitely more involved than in the world than others (for now, that mostly means Nagesh; dude somehow got pulled into the CD plot on at least three ends right away lmiao), so that means everyone makes their own decisions in terms of what they want to do and that Galaxian constructed the group trying to make sure everyone would retain that autonomy in the first place (he's kinda nice when he can figure things out lol). More formally, that means that the entire group shouldn't go up in an inferno when important events happen to one/a few of them (the base is fortified and they shouldn't be that deeply connected with each other's issues), but more informally, that just means that I'd rather you be able to retain some control over what Laurie involves herself in so that there aren't nasty traumatic moments that you don't want her to experience. That is, both Galaxian and I wanted to prevent all of them getting dragged into the water without being prepared in case something does happen to one of them. So, if you want Laurie's past world to have relevance somehow, lemme know and maybe we can come up with a character or something. And if you don't, that's your choice, and I respect it entirely. I think the system's pretty cool.

For now I just have a set of “goals” I want Laurie to achieve. It’d be pretty cool to get her into plot but I want that to be once she’s more connected to the world of Forengard and can stand up adequately to problems. I mean plot related to her, because I don’t see much problem about her getting into a plot that’s not related directly to herself. While she’s already a mature person, there are other ways in which I want her to grow and mature as well.
I’d be all up to making a new character related to Laurie. Only once the opportunity I want comes though, sorry. Also, I need to develop her og world even more. It’s obviously not exactly the same as the original but there’s a base.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

As part of me not wanting the Alternate to completely dominate Laurie as a character in GGaD, I do think that her exploration of the world will probably come from other characters for the major part. (Manai and her have fun outside, but I somehow feel like neither of them are making moral discoveries in the process. xD no character development, just fluff.) But the Alternate will always be that home she can return to, even if she distances from them in the future on her journey. I know I sound kinda conceited and extremely biased when I say this, but I feel like the Alternate is one of the best groups out there [in the multiverse] to belong to, so why not keep the choice of returning, right?

I agree with your first thought, but also I think the Alternate is a good starting point. I mean, what’s better than positive relationships? Sure, one can mature through hardship, but there needs to be a good base.
Then there’s also the fact that I’m awkward and don’t know how to make Laurie interact with others XD I absolutely suck at public threads as you have sseen.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I'm imagining Laurie chomping down on a ghost pepper with zero [0] expression change and Manai is literally looking on like "Wow :O" btw I feel like the Alternate is the group that seems very rational, but in truth Laurie did that because everyone bet a dollar on it xD

Oh she’d definitely do that. Just probably very calmly drinking a glass of water afterwards. A regular hot pepper, however, she could eat like eating an apple (and no kidding there’s someone in my extended family who could do this). And Laurie would take a dare with money anytime xD. It’s important to keep in mind that Laurie isn’t as serious as

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 23, 2022 16:21:05  #6717

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Not gonna lie, man, I was very jealous when you became loremaster and kinda went completely inactive here (: but I am glad you're back, lol. Though I do feel like I should be making less posts so you can talk to the others more. Eh. (*proceeds to continue spam*)

Ah, I thought you’d be and I was right :’). I went as far as to set my Disc status to inactive so you wouldn’t accidentally see me online and get jealous. But to be honest it was kinda a break from the boardhost (coupled with some other things) and I stalked a lot. I didn’t reply but I was reading posts when I got online. Anyways, it’s not like I was super active in Discord either. Now my activity here and there is balanced, but yeah lol. I think I probably should’ve posted something but I feared what reaction it would cause to just say I was going to another community for a break.
By the way, I love the DRPU story and my work contribution in it so far. I feel it’s really fulfilling to collab on something that the rest of the community can enjoy. I’ve made a bunch of fun new characters and I’d love to talk about it more. I probably should, on my idea thread.
Out of curiosity, does it interest you at all? It won’t impact what I post about it or not but I’m just curious.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

By the way, my mom congratulates you on getting into college! I couldn't find a good place to mention it lol it would feel weird if I posted on your homethread without something leading it, so yeah.

Tell her I thank her! <3

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I hope you're not feeling overwhelmed here; let me know if you are. And also, on that note, sorry if I'm being really boring or have been really boring in roleplaying threads. I feel like I exchanged the senseless spontaneity of my 2018-19 roleplaying style for something equally as bad (a stiff and overly complicated style), and it's something I should definitely work on. I hope that when this happens you'll tell me more so that I can work on correcting it, so please let me know when you're stuck and the fault lies on my end.

I’m okay, but I’m taking my sweet time to reformat and reply to this all lol. I know it’s a contrast to how you just reply reply reply post post post all really quickly but hey it’s my style.
I guess yeah I can see a change. But there’s also been a change in the way I see my roleplaying. I must admit however that sometimes your roleplaying posts get really fancy, and when that happens I feel an urge to try to match the quality and that’s just discouraging because it doesn’t always fit my style. I’m not thaaat much of a long post person though I do occasionally post something a bit long.
I think what I mostly feel is that sometimes you take the thread story and make it into a story for yourself and by yourself. It’s amusing to read it, but I kinda feel blocked out because what if what I’m writing/imagining doesn’t fit in with your idea of things? I’m always happy to collab, and doing threads is cool for that, but yeah. Don’t worry though I’m always amused by reading. It’s fun :D.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 23, 2022 16:21:59  #6718

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

You talking about Dion's character design is interesting 'cause I'm a sucker for analyzing character dynamics that way (lol just a sucker in general). I guess it's because through interactions, there's a chance that in circumstances like those in the Not-Quad Squad, they end up learning from each other and reflecting aspects of one another that way.

Agreed! I can relate to that haha and if you wanted to talk about your character designs in personality and all I’d be more than glad to participate in that convo.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

But since your post talked about flaws, I guess I'll try to focus on that instead of jumping everywhere, lol. I feel like every character has a certain relationship with flaws, and how that relationship is established/conveyed is a crucial component of what "makes/breaks" a character, either for most people or for specific people. Personally, I find what you said about him interesting, since I feel like one of my worst aspects is an unwillingness to tolerate high degrees of imperfection--both in general and when it comes to things like personalities. I don't feel like I've ever really understood the meaning of the saying "Flaws are beautiful and what make up a person," and so in general I tend to try to reason for others'/my own flaws rather than accepting them and working on them more subtly. I think that out of my characters, Sunny's probably the one who's more morally neutral (as in not really morally screwed up) while having flaws to what I consider to be an excessive amount, and I think you know how much I don't tolerate him. He's rude, lacking in empathy, not even funny, and more, and I feel like there's some component of that that I should be accepting rather than forever reasoning away, but I don't seem to be able to get it.

Of course there can be no perfect character as there can be no perfect person, and that’s what makes them realistic and fun to interact with. Or the opposite.
But h,mm, this is curious. Do you find yourself being annoyed by Dion and his attitude? Because, come on, he is very far from the stereptype of a “good person” while still definitely not being a bad one. I could also say he’s rude, not very funny, and he might lack empathy if he doesn’t care. But that’s not all there is to him and that’s what I think makes him interesting.
What do you think Dion’s redeeming quality is? I’m curious to know your opinion. Dion is my favorite OC (along with Germaine and Specter) so it’s only natural I want to know what others think about him.
Sunny is a whole other case lol but he’s an interesting character imo. I think it’d take an analysis to pinpoint specific stuff about it but I don’t feel up to that right now, plus I don’t know him as well as you do.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

But tying back into Dion's relationship with the rest of the Not-Quad Squad (by the way, nowadays that group name is kind of tragic for me, I dunno if you've felt something similar), I find it interesting how Dion is the one with the clear flaws in the group when, after considering it more, he's really not on some extreme end of a spectrum when compared to the other guys. And unfortunately for him, he does have clearer parallels to Wiley in this aspect compared to Rai and Raez (who have more connections there), since I feel like Wiley seems like someone with apparent flaws that he not only doesn't hide but also clearly presents with his attitude. But between the two of them, there are also differences (due to their backgrounds and how they present themselves, which is also a difference throughout the group). I feel like with more elaboration on all of them and where they're coming from, this sort of difference (with themes like presentation, flaws, selfishness/selflessness, etc.) will be made even more interesting and profound than it already is, and I think you can tell how excited I am about this lol. But overall, I highly anticipate Dion's development and seeing more of his past (which plays into the complexity you mentioned), and you know, the Not-Quad continuing to be weird (lol).

The group in general is fun for me. There’s so many things to be excited about in the way they interact with each other but I think I haven’t expressed that feeling before. I guess it’s anticipation maybe.
Something I am genuinely curious about: how would you characterize Dion if you owned the character and had to roleplay him? I mean, from what you can see from the info I’ve given and the way I roleplay him. How would you tie Dion in with RRW if you had to write their interactions? IQs aside, obviously (although some of them are so accurate it’s scary).

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Overall, I feel like I gotta say that I enjoyed what you said about Dion immensely. Loser nerd am I

Thank you :D. I enjoyed mentioning it because I think it’s something I don’t express much, so I’m glad it sparked a topic of conversartion.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I did imply Dion's background for a personal reason, and that reason is that I finally figured out what to do with the character idea I had a while ago. Let me know if you want to discuss that. I don't think it'll impact anything immediately (and I haven't submitted a form in...at least a year lol), but it's pretty cool, I think. Yay. (:

Oh coolio! Of course I want to discuss that. You know how much I love hearing about ideas. And thank you for reminding me to work on the forms I haven’t touched in idk how long.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

You can say NQS if you want (do what you want lol, heck rename 'em if you wish to do so), but it somehow feels less personalized/more generic for some reason to me? It's mostly the irony I feel, though. It might wear off. I guess it does help with the tragedy sense I mentioned before. I'm not sure, but I think I'll keep typing it out in full (unless we do rename it).

I think I wanna ignore this part and just keep calling them NQS because thinking too much about the names gives me memories, and,,, :’)
Unless you really want to rename them, which isn’t something I’m opposed to I guess.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

(It'd also be funny if "He customized a room for Rai" means the entire room is literally blank because that's what he thought fits. I mean, it wouldn't be inaccurate. xD)

He just has a room made entirely out of chocolate lol.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 23, 2022 16:22:22  #6719

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Alright, here's the last post, after I forgot how to talk properly for a good hour.
I wanted to ask you two things. The more primary one is: Do you have a plan of your own, of any sort, for Martin moving forward?
I'm not asking this because I wanna do something to him plot-wise or want to make Kiaane very connected with him. I mostly want to know out of curiosity. I'm not too sure where the Thaohal plot is headed and kinda suspect that without just the right catalyst, it's likely going to stay stagnant. So, I wanted to know the degree of which Martin is connected to it.

Don’t worry, thoughts sometimes are hard to type out.
I will have to admit that I really don’t have a plan. Martin is sort of a loose end in the whole Thaohal plot, like he was literally revived as a test and few people if at all pay him attention in-rp rn. The TMG plot is also kinda inactive at the moment so yeah I don’t think there’s much I can say about that.
What I can say is that there are two paths Martin can take and they will depend on how events unfold. You can say there’s a good one and a bad one, the latter being that he grows into trying hard to be a part of the TMG and eventually becomes a part of it sharing whatever fate everyone else has, and the former one being that he forms his own character and goes off on his own. I think you might’ve mentioned that sometime before, but it pretty much is that Martin cuts ties with the TMG. While I’d love for things to go towards the Good Path, this is one of those situations in which I’m leaving things to go in the way the roleplay takes them. You could say I’m leaving it up to the character Martin.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I also do want to communicate that as of late, I keep feeling like I may have been too imposing when it comes to Martin's and Kiaane's relationship, though I don't really know how to measure that right now. I am self-aware when it comes to pulling characters into major things for the most part, but relationships are pretty important in their own right. So, please let me know about your opinion on their relationship, and always be sure to let me know if something I do makes you uncomfortable.

I’m running out of words to describe stuff right now so I can just say I really like it. Martin having friendships is something I love because you know of his situation and all. I don’t see how you’re being imposing on that part, is it because of Kiaane’s character perhaps? There’s a lot of things to factor into this specific relationship and its details, kind of like how I feel that no matter how much Kaiane and Martin tried to be friendly in the past they just couldn’t be close close friends, and the reasons for that. Stupid TMG messing up what could’ve been a good relationship >:/

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 23, 2022 16:24:57  #6720

It's been real fun to reply to this all though it did eat up a good chunk of my time so I will not be replying to F/DA planning today.
I'm just about what you mentioned about social inadequacy. I've been homeschooled, what are you implying

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

Board footera