HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 4, 2022 22:26:47  #6661

Re: Unlimited Chatting, Planning, and Weird Things ~ (@GalaxE and Spec)

Yeah, I'd copied and pasted most of the summoning lines I could find, and iirc we noted a few lines for reference, but since then I have succumbed to my reservations towards editing summoning lines when deity-related lore hasn't been solidified enough
Also, there are probably statistics changes, but I'm too lazy to find which ones were which before, so yeah.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

June 7, 2022 07:22:25  #6662

With stuff realting to deities I mostly just remember what we discussed about the Grail. Also the general idea of deities in worldbuilding.... hmmm I'd better go reread that.

In any case, is this because you think it's be a good idea to make the summon chant more deity-related?Or at least about their lore?

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 7, 2022 07:53:16  #6663

Oh and I just realized you archived most of our roleplay threads...?

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 7, 2022 16:03:18  #6664

Yeah, all of them haven't been responded to in at least half a year. I archived them around the three or four-month mark, if I recall correctly.

----

Considering how the lore ties in with the Grail System, it's likely a given that the chant references humans' perceptions of what happened, yes.
So the problem then becomes that the truth of what happened isn't developed adequately yet.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 9, 2022 19:10:11  #6665

Well that's fair I guess, my bad for not replying earlier.

Hmm ok, that makes sense and is what I was thinking in general too.

Most of what I remember about the deities' lore is c

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 9, 2022 19:27:02  #6666

I can unarchive them once they're responded to. I was thinking of adding another category to roleplaying sections, "On Hiatus," but I realized that that might make things more ambiguous. So I'll keep the forum how it is until I decide I can't click into threads to see if they were actually concluded or not.
The deities' lore is E, actually. Not C. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 9, 2022 20:07:42  #6667

Ah yes, E.
I'm sorry I sent the oist in way too early and I forgot because I was checking back on the info in this thread. What I meant to say was that I mostly just remember stuff connected to why the Grail exists and why the Grail War happens. I mean, I couldn't just forget about Spec being the Grail, could I.

Relating to this, what do you think about the possibility of the deities leaving a version of the summonning chant (or the idea of it) o someone/a group of people a long time in the past? The way I think about this is that perhaps the original was something short, a few lines at most, but as time went on, words more related to "legend" were added and it resulted in the current chant. This ties into what you mentioned about humans' perception on the whole thing. Also, I understand that the deities left everything ready before actually leaving/disappearing so it would make sense, I think.
Personally I feel that it would be important to add or edit a line of the summon chant so it alludes to Galaxian, specifically his role in the Grail War.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 9, 2022 20:09:56  #6668

About the roleplay section, I say the forum categories are good as they are right now. Archived just means that they aren't active at the moment, regardless of whether they're finished or left on hiatus.
In any case, if we were to further categorize the sections, I say that it would be better to put Finished and On Hiatus categories inside the Archived one (if it's possible).

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 9, 2022 20:23:40  #6669

Well, even if unfinished, the oist-er was delicious. Thank you. (*faints from raw food poisoning*)

I personally did not/do not recall the fact that the deities left intentionally. I think that the knowledge gap exists because my subconscious mind just thinks that it's ridiculous as of current. Did you read that off a direct post I made, or could there potentially have potentially been a communication gap regarding that matter?
Regardless, I presently do not think that the deities wanted to leave. Maybe if they were more mature/part of other mythologies, but honestly speaking, the Forengardian deities do not have that level of maturity and self-awareness. Or at least I do not think the effort would be that coherent. For instance, I can see some of the deities deciding that their presence causes continual wars all over the world and that they should leave as a result, but then again, the pantheon is not known for its ability to rein in those troublemaking sources, especially if amongst themselves.
Another issue that we brought up in the past was how convenient it was that Specter and Galaxian are the specific deities that still have ties to the world when all of the other deities either left or were sealed off somewhere. No offense to your deity, but it feels as if some more responsible reality and/or souls god should have been the one to deal with all this. And for my deity...yeah, probably should've gone with a deity who was more, y'know, emotionally mature. (*is repeatedly impaled by a certain Evil cat archer for badmouthing a kid*)
So, before I respond to your question/the points you brought up, I am going to ask you to respond to my inquiries first, because clearly I am also very mature.

----

Creating subcategories within a subforum (such as "Archived") isn't possible, unfortunately. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 9, 2022 20:41:38  #6670

By saying "left" I mean their eventual disappearance from the world, or at least the fact that they stopped interacting with humans. I didn't mean to imply that this was a decision made by the deities themselves. Also, I think we didn't say any specific thing regarding this part, but I can agree that
I don't know what to say about maturity except that it might be caused by the fact that the roleplayers who play as the deities are teenagers mostly (no offense intended to any roleplayers.), and also it's fun/more interesting to give deities personal problems. Still, to stay "canon compliant" I think you're right that we want to stick to the general characterization of the deities.
Also, I think I vaguely recall something about the reason for the "disappearance" being external?

Dunno, but what's a lil bit of convenience when we're the ones who own the deities who just seem to fit into the roles And we're the ones making this AU? I don't know about you but I imagine that there are more deities involved in this, but they remain nameless and will probably not be mentioned much, or that they were involved in the creation of the Grail War ritual thing and do not necessarily reside in the Grail's dimension or whatever that is.

It's okay, good communication is important. I know I also have a habit of either being too vague or thinking that other people will inmediately understand what I'm saying even when I haven't elaborated much on my ideas.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 9, 2022 22:53:24  #6671

Ah, so it was a personal connotation issue. When I think of "left," I think of more of a "Dad left to get milk and never came back" sort of thing. Entirely out of one's own volition. Though I guess mortals probably perceived it as such, so it's just me hyperfocusing on my own perception of the matter, as usual.

Did you finish what you said after "I agree that"? It looks a little disconnected.
I am aware of the underlying reasons behind the deities' relative immaturity, and as you said, sticking to their general characterization would mean that (in my current interpretation) their disappearance would most likely not be intentional on their part.
And yes, I am aware that the convenience factor exists. About every story has that factor. But I do think that it would be prudent for us to give more reasoning to that, because holes like that can turn up later and turn out to be a real pain. The current reasoning is that the two of them happen to have the domain/abilities that fit the situation, but questions worth considering include why this is so, whether there are other similar situations where other deities also retain ties to humanity (we wouldn't need to go very far into this for now, vagueness can be beneficial), et cetera. I also like to think about the currently present deities in canon, what difference they might make to this verse's happenings, and relating to those differences, whether they are actually present in this universe as of this point as well, and if not, why not. It's nothing canon, just worth considering in my opinion.

Onto what you mentioned in your last post--
Under my headcanons, I don't think that the deities intentionally left anything to humans when they disappeared, or else it feels like they could have done more preparations, such as communicating to their followers. Gods in general should've been able to do things with their abilities given the time, so it makes sense to me that they didn't have the time to do that. (A.K.A. the deities are a little overpowered for the situation, so I beat them down for the sake of convenience with some thing/s even more overpowered~) But I am interested in why you brought up the possibility. Seeing as we have not coordinated on this front to some time, it would make sense that you have your own headcanons for the lore/happenings, no matter how vague. So, I would be interested in hearing those if you are willing to provide them. 
However, following that chain of thought mentioned earlier, I think that it would make sense for the summoning chant to be at least based off of components of religions (seeing as deities have followers) and maybe things left behind by the magic deities in particular (since this is, well, magecraft, lol). The things that humans already knew of deities from their time worshipping them, essentially. But this note would imply that parts of the summoning chant may have been instead lost over time rather than added to (at least, the former would be more likely), since the gods disappeared and all (and religions fade in prominence over time, generally speaking). 
That being said, I think your idea still works, of course. I'm kind of just skipping around it. It's likely that mages, as they became more and more disconnected with the time of the deities, forgot and/or came to doubt components of the chant (which I headcanon to be more personalized than in Fate canon, just for the sake of overcomplication, I guess), so parts of the original chant were lost and then filled in/added to. An evolutional theory for the summoning chant on my part, I suppose. 
I do have to say that I also do not remember what you said about the deities leaving while being prepared, as you might have seen from the rest of this post. Can I ask you where you got that recollection from as well? I may have well overridden what we had decided with my own conceptions over time.
I have considered alluding to Galaxian in the summoning chant, but I currently don't think it's very plausible. In GGaD canon, he's explicitly stated to have no followers (he does help random people, but no one's like "O Mighty Galaxian, please help me from being beheaded for a crime I didn't commit~"), and I don't see reason for why that might be different in this universe as well. In fact, it might be even less likely.
I know that this sounds cheeky coming from the owner of the character, but I'd be willing to change this fact if you have some good justification for why this might not be the case or why something else means the mortals know of the specific role he plays in this process. Since I obviously would love that (OC narcissism, I call it); I just don't see it working based off what I've been thinking.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 10, 2022 08:53:22  #6672

I don't know how to refer to the whole thing without using "left" or "disappeared", though. Do you think there's a better word for this? I think too that the general perception of what happened is somewhat different from what actually did happen, or as I mentioned in a post long ago, it has been changed a bit by legend and time (not the forumer).

It is disconnected. I-m not sure what I was agreeing with there so we should probably ignore that part.
About the convenience, maybe we need to go a bit back to see what reasoning could be used for this. I know for sure I remember we established that these Grail Wars' purpose was to provide a link for the deities to be able to return, but here I also know we never really specified what was keeping them from being the the world (would be the same reason for why the whole thing happened in the first place I think). When you mention about other deities still being tied to humanity, I think that it is very much possible, but in different ways. Mostly what I think about is that different parts of the world have different cultures, and I think that magic and its rituals might differ not only due to culture but because of what influence the deities had in there long ago. I guess that in a bit of a summary, it could be said that I'm putting it as few deities had a connection with the whole world at the same time and chose to center/focus on certain areas instead. Perhaps some chose to focus more on their followers, like here I'm specifically thinking about the idea I can't shake off about the GGaD Clocktower and everything that goes on inside it, and how Time is involved with Forengard happenings and regular humans' problems in a different way tham Galaxian.
We know magic existed in ancient times in this AU, and i remember something about it "being a way to something related to the deities", either something to imitate the power of the deities, or a means to become a deity in itself. At least in theory. So, say, in the hypothetical case I said something like "Time & Chronos as deities of magic were responsible for the creation of the magic system" it wouldn't be right, because there are a lot of deities of magic. So, still speaking about this, I would say that they perhaps were focused on magic in a specific way to their followers, and the results and their effects would be very different from those of, say, Ark, though in the end everything kind of mixes together in the modern time.
Does this all make any sense? I know it does in my head, but I'm just typing everything as I think of it instead of structuring it well. I'm no master at essays.

I'll directly reply to the last part of your post later, cause right now I have to go do things.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 10, 2022 18:30:59  #6673

I generally think of "disappeared" as being the better option, since it still leaves that unknown component in while being closer to what might have really happened. But now that the misunderstanding has been fixed, either should be fine. We should just be mindful about which perspective we're speaking from while using each term.

I have some foundations built for F/DA Galaxian already, so I feel like I could make things work on my end no matter what. However, one key point that I see being vital for the reasoning is that neither Specter nor Galaxian are deities originating from a mortal background, which puts them apart from most other deities (from what I remember, at least? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that it was established sometime that most deities, including the ones who don't necessarily show themselves, transitioned from being humans. The pattern is not as apparent now with the active deities, but Time, Chronos, Bixbite, Echo, Xenon, and Ishmael all came from mortal backgrounds). Added to their domains (governance factors), that could end up being pertinent somehow.

You're right. The Grail System was constructed by people who wanted the gods to return if they wanted to. In fact, the System itself might have been constructed to try to convince the gods to, in a way. And yeah, we didn't specify what exactly happened to the deities and what caused them to disappear. 
The sort of tricky thing relating to this is that the deities' followers aren't that firmly established in general, so it's hard to say if there are geographic disparities that are present in our world (e.g. Fate using Far East, Mesopotamian, and British Isle designations for fame levels and such). I'm mentioning this because it might be a good idea for us to try to come up with another designation, since we did conclude that different Heroic Spirits have different fame levels and might have different geographic advantages during Grail Wars. Or maybe we don't need those designations? I'm not sure. But you did mention how different deities might have focused on different areas, when we don't really have a way of organizing that. I suppose we'll leave those ties open-ended for future purposes.
It's rather plausible that current magecraft is also separated by the deities' influence while they were around (influencing how different types of magic practitioning meshed together or didn't mesh, that is), but that's also a kind of pain, because Forengardian magic is rather vague as it is. So I don't feel qualified to really discuss the topic. It does seem like an interesting point, though. On my end, I've garnered that the magic system is consistent in some areas and rather varied in others. For instance, the magic gods are said to be able to use "all types of magic," which implies there are many types, but I'm not exactly sure what types those might be (again, no magic expert). Dark magic is present in Forengard along with the witchcraft developed by Echo and the runic system [forgot its name lol] developed by Xenon, but otherwise, I'm sorta stumped. As for my personal development on the matter, I have some magic system set up for Kiaane, and then there's a system separate from the deities for the Ancient Chinese sector that also pertains to F/DA (indicated by Rider and Berserker existing). And of course, Nagesh uses Abstraction, but he's not from Forengard, and so that likely doesn't exist in this universe as long as he isn't present. (The Alternate don't exist in this verse as a group, by the way. Just to make that clear. Unless we develop that on Galaxian's end, and the fact is reversed.)
In the canon Fate verse, the summoning ritual was obviously constructed by people closer to the current Clock Tower (lol, thank goodness for the spacing). But considering how in this verse, there were likely many different individuals who constructed the precursors for the chant, it might be good for us to try to figure out who they were, where they came from, their connections to the deities/magic, etc., and then try to see how that might've filtered to the present. Or maybe I'm overcomplicating it, I dunno.

The organization is getting a little messy because different points of mine were connected to your points at different places, but speaking specifically to how you talked about deities' connections with the world/their followers, that's something that's kinda convenient for me, because Galaxian is super meddle-y and Specter, from what I understand, also isn't really bound to any place particularly. So, the Grail System being able to move around and being able to summon a lot of different people (as compared to the system in F/sn only being able to summon Western Heroic Spirits) could be related to that. 
As for motivations for why the Grail System might have come to be, my perception of it was that there were followers of deities who really wanted their deities back (for instance, the Clocktower mages would probably fit that, if GGaD!Time and Chronos were to just disappear all of a sudden), worshippers (not followers, exactly, if that makes sense) who still needed the deities (even if not specific ones), and then people who could benefit from the deities being there in general. These groups were able to collaborate to construct the Grail System somehow, but specifics still need to be worked out. For instance, which groups might have been more directly involved? Were there subgroups that were, in turn, more involved than their overall groups as a whole when it comes to this method? These aren't exactly the most important points as of now, since the Grail System is already here and works as it is, but lore is lore. Nonetheless, the relationships between deities and humanity is interesting to think about, and I reckon it'll be important somehow, if not now.

Presuming you're talking about magecraft rather than magic (the term distinction wouldn't be as important if there weren't the parallelism component to canon), which is also a distinction that we should probably work out (lol), the Grail System is a use of older magecraft to try to establish a connection back to the gods. And going with what you said, magecraft is likely seen in general as being connected to the deities, either through imitating their power or a means to prove one's worth to the deities. But there's likely a time component to this definition and, again, I think we need to define the difference between magecraft and magic in this world. In canon there was the "true magic" and "magecraft," with the latter being a re-enactment of Mystery or something like that. But those definitions don't really apply in this verse, so it'd be practical if we re-defined them. From what we've said already, it seems that "magecraft" really only became a term after the deities vanished, but interestingly enough, the distinction was already made before the Grail System was established, which implies a rapid change. Why was it so rapid? Dunno. But it might be fun to think about.
I know this post is getting way too long, but the main point for me is how "magic" was really common and widespread even for mortals, and perhaps its commonality had to do with ties to the deities rather than other components. Or maybe the "magic" as we define it in GGaD would be magecraft in the Nasuverse. I dunno. But either way, it's kinda intriguing.
And to be honest, I don't think I understand what you're saying as well as I would like. I get that what you're hinting at is that different magic deities have different followers with different "magic philosophies," and those "philosophies" were essentially different interpretations of magic. But my understanding convolutes itself from there in terms of how that would extend to the modern world--again, possibly because of the vague magic definitions in GGaD. I might have to sit on it for a bit and see how it turns out.

Doing things is tight.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 13, 2022 07:25:53  #6674

I've read and I promise I'll eventually reply but I'm puzzled by that last thing you said.
What do you mean, doing things is "tight"? It's either an expression I don't know or the word being used in a way I don't know.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 13, 2022 19:52:46  #6675

It's just a reference. Don't concern yourself over it. I wasn't expecting anyone to get it.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 15, 2022 19:36:22  #6676

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 15, 2022 22:38:38  #6677

Dude can you chat rn?

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 15, 2022 22:47:12  #6678

Nope, somehow waited until 10 P.M. to eat dinner
Will you still be on later? I'll be available then. If not, it can always be another day, and if there's anything urgent, just PM me or something.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 15, 2022 22:51:09  #6679

I don't know, I'll probably be signing off in like an hour, so yeah. Nothing urgent really I just had a chance to be on for a while so I thought we could chat.
Enjoy your dinner uwu

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 15, 2022 23:06:50  #6680

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw46U_TY_IQ

-Galaxian-

I'm going to use the element CRYo, I love Xiao so much lol, easily my favorite character along with Zhongli.
Thank you, it's a blessed video.

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (June 15, 2022 23:07:13)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 15, 2022 23:34:15  #6681

Thanks, it was sustenance for sure. 
I do have to advise you to ask someone better to chat with. Even I have been finding my company insufferable as of late

No problem, though I have no idea what "CRYo" means, so there's that.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 16, 2022 07:06:06  #6682

It's sort of a pun, like cryo is an element in game but I highlighted the CRY part xD

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 16, 2022 16:44:39  #6683

Oh, okay. So is cryo an ice element?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 18, 2022 11:59:30  #6684

Yep! There's cryo, pyro, electro, geo, hydro, anemo which is wind, and dendro that's something like plants or nature I'm not really sure.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 18, 2022 18:33:02  #6685

I'm not sure whether to laugh or not lol, because it gives off so many "Someone Chinese definitely did that" vibes when I don't know who actually came up with those ideas

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 18, 2022 19:38:04  #6686

I just know the game's Chinese but idk the names are pretty cool to me lol

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 18, 2022 19:41:57  #6687

Just so you know, Genshin names are not proper Chinese names lol (they give me more Japanese vibes than anything since the Japanese seem to like mashing characters together and calling them names...which is kinda what Chinese people do but different)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 18, 2022 19:45:02  #6688

I don't know about that either but thanks for the fun fact lol

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 18, 2022 19:56:58  #6689

It's kinda like how Mu isn't a "proper Chinese name" (though I'm not familiar with Tibetan culture). Shion (Shiang) too. And Zilong (though I guess someone could name their kid "Purple Dragon," idk.) And Dohko ("Youthful Tiger" lol). 

Zhongli is especially funny to me because I have a character with the surname Zhongli, and it's like they took that and left it (it's basically like Mu's name lol, it's traditionally a surname)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 19, 2022 08:25:44  #6690

Yeah I remember seeing you mention that in posts before.
Always good to know, names are interesting.
But aren't that kind of names like, not-necessarily-realistic fantasy names? Because I mean I've seen anime names in Japanese just be one single English word that you wouldn't normally name your child.
Zhongli is kinda funny to me in-game because I keep hearing the English VAs say it "John Lee" and idk lol. I'm curious about your character now.too .

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

Board footera