GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 26, 2021 13:25:22  #31

Re: A familiar face in Shiloh’s domain.

"Alrighty then. See you guys there!" Ark steps through the portal to the clocktower. He doesn't seem nervous about this peculiar situation at all. If anything he seems excited.

Last edited by ThreePunchAxel (September 26, 2021 13:26:18)

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

September 26, 2021 17:13:19  #32

ThreePunchAxel wrote:

"Alrighty then. See you guys there!" Ark steps through the portal to the clocktower. He doesn't seem nervous about this peculiar situation at all. If anything he seems excited.

Time notices this and makes some assumptions with a little squint and frown.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

September 26, 2021 18:55:18  #33

“I can.” Not allowing time for the mortal to protest, Huck quickly (but gently) picked the mortal up by the tunic, holding him as if he was a kitten. The Bushbeast strode through the portal, the feeling of being watched easing as he stepped into the Clocktower.

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Season's grievings to us, one and all!

September 26, 2021 22:00:11  #34

Time follows quickly after Huck and the mortal. He leaves the portal open for anyone else to enter.

A mage stationed in the infirmary nod quickly approached Time and the others, however, they seemed to walk past everyone and head right to Time, "What's the issue?"

"That mortal right there. They need some healing." Time replies, motioning to him with the slight nod of the head, "You can keep stationed here. I'll see if anyone else here can deal with it before fetching any other Clocktower mages." To which the mage quickly nodded and walked back to the station at the entrance.

"You can put him down on a bed." He says to Huck.

Last edited by Time (September 26, 2021 22:01:02)

Time

September 26, 2021 23:31:05  #35

Germaine held Echo's hand firmly yet softly, the way she was used to doing it. "Let's go," she told the goddess with a light tug towards the portal.
Germaine hadn't done much in the previous moments. She'd kept a solemn silence, not acting on her offer of help. It was too late now, as deities could perform healing a lot better than she could...but still, Germaine felt she still had to be there. How rude it would be if she were to just leave right then. Besides, she could feel there was more to the situation than what she knew. Emotions.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ
pjytlñhfñksfjgnm dfmghkdhldk

September 27, 2021 00:02:04  #36

Echo followed along with Germaine and entered the portal, singing monotonously, "La la la la, portal!"

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

September 27, 2021 00:06:47  #37

It's hard to place a word to describe Galaxian's expression when he sees Echo hold onto Germaine's hand. It's not necessarily a negative one, but it's hard to call it a positive one, either, seeing as he isn't smiling. In any case, he says nothing, and to his further credit, he doesn't just walk away. He makes sure everyone is gone before closing the space connection set by the portal and, with an almost rueful look towards the surroundings of Ishmael's domain, teleports there himself.
Seems his usual off-coordination is still there; he's much farther away from the mortal than the others. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

September 27, 2021 00:52:34  #38

Huck set the mortal onto a bed, who was too busy taking in the new surroundings to do much else but let whatever was happening happen. He was clearly overwhelmed, but not much could be done about that. He let out a sharp hiss of pain as he was placed on the bed, instinctively throwing an arm across his chest as if to protect himself.

Huck stepped back, trying to not knock anything over due to his size. He sat down, giving Time’s mages enough room to work, but still close by. He watched them quietly, ears perked. After shuttling the mortal around as long as he had, he felt a need to see him through.

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

September 27, 2021 00:54:30  #39

Perhaps it's a bad time for introductions, but Galaxian reckons it's better than all of them staring at the mortal simultaneously.
"Hi," he starts from his corner of the room. "I'm Galaxian, and those are entities who can introduce themselves. First, what's your name?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 27, 2021 02:56:14  #40

At the sound of the god’s name, the mortal’s eyes focused on him. “…as in, the deity Galaxian?”

He looked around the group again, as if seeing them for the first time. Some of them looked familiar, and he remembered being in some of their temples, or reading scrolls of their histories late into the night in the archives. Confusion clouded his thoughts again, obscuring most everything else. What temples? What archives? When did I do that? 

“My name is—” he stopped, a frustrated frown appearing on his face. “I’m… I don’t know. Why don’t I know?”

Huck’s eyes glowed softly as he studied the mortal. “The poison could be affecting your memory. I have seen it happen before, but not to this extent. Whatever it is, it might be permanent.”

Definitely not the right thing to say to a man who didn’t know who he was.

Call me Ishmael.

September 27, 2021 04:04:26  #41

"Yeah, I'm Galaxian, a god," he confirms with a nod of his head. He quickly adds, "Permanent is hard to come by in Forengard, so don't worry too much."
He sounds a lot more sympathetic now. Maybe it's the memory loss thing. Even a god who can't understand emotions much can understand them to an extent once he's experienced similar catalysts to them. The pupil of his scarlet eye flickers briefly after he speaks, as if to confirm his point.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 27, 2021 13:57:36  #42

Ark waves. "I'm Ark Angel. Pleased to meet you!" He smiles, and his smile glows for a moment. 

Axel
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

September 27, 2021 15:16:29  #43

Another close by mage quickly got to work with attempting to remove the poison from the mortals body.

"I'm Time, deity of magic and time." He introduced himself, "and you are currently in my domain,  though I do share it with someone else. But that doesn't matter as of now."

"We can go around with intros, or we can start answering your questions."

Time

September 29, 2021 02:00:13  #44

Though standing some distance farther from the bed the mortal was in, Germaine spoke up. "My name is Germaine, and although I'm not a deity, I'm sure I can be of assistance," she said with a smile and the faintest of curtsies. "Please take it easy and don't stress too much. Just take deep breaths."
She loosened her grip on Echo's hand, so it's up to the goddess if she lets go now.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

September 29, 2021 06:59:16  #45

"I'm Echo," Echo said quietly, letting go of Germaine's hand.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

October 1, 2021 23:26:50  #46

Sorry, got busy))

“Well, uh… I suppose it’s nice to meet all of you,” the mortal said. As the mage worked, he slowly felt himself returning to some kind of equilibrium. The fog in his mind had yet to clear, however. His eyes settled on the creature watching him intently. “And who are you?”

“I am Huck. I have been looking after you for some time now, but I was unable to wake you up. Nice to see you are alive after all,” the Bushbeast rumbled.

Call me Ishmael.

October 2, 2021 01:23:02  #47

((Nah its good, you're in college after all))

"Oh, yeah. Do you mind answering what was exactly happening between you and that other guy?" Time asked, "Apparently that's how Huck here first spotted you."

Time

October 3, 2021 23:38:27  #48

The mortal frowned. “I can’t seem to recall. He was angry, though. I must have done something to offend him. I hope it wasn’t too bad…”

“Whatever it was, it was enough to make him want to cause you severe harm, and most likely kill you.” The Bushbeast mused. 

Call me Ishmael.

October 3, 2021 23:59:34  #49

Galaxian tries to shove his hands into his pockets. Unfortunately for him, his pockets are too high up for the gesture to seem natural. "What did the other guy look like?" he asks Huck.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 6, 2021 16:14:53  #50

Huck thought for a moment. “Sickly. A strange scar on the side of his face and neck, like branches on a tree. Strange eyes. Black with white flecks, but no pupil. He carried blades of red steel. I only saw him for a few seconds.”

Call me Ishmael.

October 6, 2021 16:39:11  #51

"It might have been some sort of assassin," Germaine suggested quietly. "But by the description, it does not sound like a normal human."

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

October 6, 2021 17:13:30  #52

Galaxian doesn't respond. His scarlet eye flickers gold as he tries to find a specific someone who matches that description in Forengard. The color blinks on and off, presumably an effect of the prior environment. It's probably going to take him a little while, so that's a good time for this narrator to shut up for a little and let others narrate.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 10, 2021 21:47:57  #53

"The mystery continues." Time says, "Well, what do you remember as of now?"

Time

October 14, 2021 21:57:49  #54

The mortal shrugged. Not much. A couple things here and there, but it’s all jumbled. Nothing really makes sense. I know most of you are deities and very important, but I don’t know how or why…”

He sat up a bit, wincing slightly. The poison had now been mostly withdrawn from his system, but that didn’t really negate the fact he had been stabbed in the chest. “I think I’m important, too. Not in the manner of a deity, but I had people I was looking out for. I hope they’re alright.”

“There was not any group I saw you protecting,” Huck commented. In his mind, he was trying to piece together what he had seen himself with the mortal’s words.

Call me Ishmael.

October 16, 2021 12:06:29  #55

"Hmmmmmmm..." Ark is staring intently at the mortal. More specifically, he's staring into his soul, trying to see what he can find out about who he is and what's going on. Roll for perception.

Axel
I aten't dead

October 18, 2021 00:22:20  #56

"I would agree that you have at least some level of importance. Huck had a driving pull to help you. Or something of the sort. I wonder why on that too."

Time places his thumb on his chin in a thinking position, "I wonder about whoever you were fighting too. A warped aura? One that gave a feeling of unnatural make? Certainly compelling."

"Do you remember anything about this person? Who they were? Or why you were fighting?"

Rolling for investigation (I think this would apply here?)

Time

October 18, 2021 01:15:21  #57

His soul? Oh man, his soul was funky. Absolutely not normal, and absolutely not wholly mortal. There was an odd energy to it, something much darker than his outward persona— as if the poison in his system had been eating away at his very soul.

“I’m not sure either. Why did you come to my aid, Huck?” 

The Bushbeast shuffled his paws a bit, his massive claws leaving faint lines in the floor. “I cannot quite explain… it is a difficult thing to say in your language…” his brows knitted together in thought for a few moments before he spoke again. “Bushbeasts are loyal to their caretakers, and to each other. When one needs help, there is an instinctual call. A pull, summoning others to the location. Everyone has a unique pull that can be recognized. You created a pull, one of the most powerful ones I have felt. Enough to wake me from my hibernation. It is a difficult thing to wake a Bushbeast, and I thought it the work of… a deity, so I responded without thinking.”

The mortal sat back again, trying to process. “So I summoned you? But I’ve never seen you before in my life. At least, I think I haven’t. Amnesia aside, I daresay it would be hard to forget encountering a creature such as yourself.” He smiled wryly. “I am not a caretaker for you to be loyal to, and I am certainly not a Bushbeast, so why would there be a pull?”

Huck’s ears flattened. “I do not know.” It bothered him that he could not think of an answer, or at least one that made sense.

The mortal turned his attention back to Time. “Like I said, he was very angry with me. I don’t remember much else. I think he instigated our altercation, but that much is obvious, I suppose.”

He seemed to realize Ark staring a hole through him for the first time. “W-what are you doing?”

Call me Ishmael.

October 18, 2021 01:58:39  #58

"Huck, how many deities are your species involved with? Do you know?" asks Galaxian, almost absentmindedly. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 19, 2021 10:07:13  #59

“I would not know,” the Bushbeast admitted. “I was never taught our history, but I do know that at the beginning of our species, some of our kind was scattered through Forengard. It is possible that some may have come in contact with a deity.”

Call me Ishmael.

October 19, 2021 16:19:15  #60

Germaine spoke up. "There may be a chance that he is related to a deity. Maybe that's a reason for an assassin to attack."

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

Board footera