HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 24, 2021 21:38:04  #1

Random Ideas

Hi, this is a random ideas thread
Created because Galaxian talks too much on other threads/spams too much on their own planning docs to be able to write down anything resembling a good reminder. 
So anyways they wanted to note the GGaD characters playing cards idea here
Not that they remember specifics from what the community even brainstormed on that so lol. Feel free to fill in the blanks
And--feel free to put other community-wide ideas here that we all will definitely forget and will need to look back here for planning. Other stuff is acceptable, too. Yay!

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

August 25, 2021 00:13:03  #2

Re: Random Ideas

Oh yeah the idea about the card deck!
I think we suggested starting with the deities, and something was mentioned about face cards.

The way I was thinking about the deck (probably making it too complicated) is a deity per face card and the rest of the other cards are just free real estate. Maybe for non-deity OCs.
Also I think Axel wanted the Joker card for Ark

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

August 25, 2021 00:43:34  #3

I went through 35 pages to check for the page number please be proud of me :3
(The discussion was on pages 63-64 of my RPing thread on my settings)

Summarizing here:

List of Potentially Active Deities:
Specter, Dalia, Galaxian, Echo, Apollo, Time, Oblivion, Chronos, Basket Cat, Marsh, Elaine, Ark (12)

Eliza and Marsh have all not responded at all to any post regarding this subject. August 24th, 2021, 23:35 MT.  Thus, without their permission, the 12 face cards (for deities) would be filled by at least the following deities:
Specter, Dalia, Galaxian, Echo, Apollo, Time, Oblivion, Ark (8)

Potential deities that can be added in case no one else responds:
-Bixbite
-Shatter
-My second deity (only if absolutely needed)
-?????

Also, I was thinking of one of the 2 highest cards being an ambrosia flower.

Face cards aside, there are 52 cards in total in a deck, and that's where the work really starts. I would recommend just going about concept designs at this point, since the idea may not come together. Anyways, I had mentioned that there is the possibility of each character having one type of card (thus being present on 4 cards--e.g. Galaxian on all 4 Ace cards), but I said, quote-on-quote, "I'm not sure that'd be optimal in terms of design; though, I guess this project is more of a fun one so we wouldn't need to get a full deck at all. We'd just have to work out which characters are on which cards so that they don't overlap, and it doesn't need to be an actual deck."
I also noted that if absolutely needed, 13 characters in the above format would fill in all 52 cards. I still would not recommend this.
Further note: "If we came up with 26 characters (in addition to the original 13), then each character could have 2 cards each." I was more supportive of this idea imo

More categories to keep in mind for other cards (future): Antagonists (miscellaneous ones, not CDs due to needing permission for them if their names were not already listed), demigods, noteworthy species, other characters in general

(Btw, I probably need to math again for some things I was mentioning at the time)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 25, 2021 14:10:12  #4

What if the ambrosia flower is the ace?

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

August 25, 2021 14:23:18  #5

Yeah sure, but on behalf of 2, also consider that 2 is technically before all the other numbers, just as an ambrosia flower can be the basis for godhood...
And on behalf of the two cards even higher than 2, I was considering how it'd be kinda hard to fill in for them otherwise since for me it implies some sort of "these characters may or may not be superior!" vibe, which is not very ideal. So for those cards a setting or smthn would be preferred personally

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 26, 2021 01:54:34  #6

If we are talking  about this again I can ask Eliza about this (if she hasn't seen the thread and decides to respond on it)

Last edited by Time (August 26, 2021 01:55:13)

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

August 26, 2021 02:09:42  #7

Yeah sure, ask her if you want. Thanks!

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 26, 2021 12:05:29  #8

d i d  t h o u s t  s u m m o n  m e

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

August 26, 2021 16:02:33  #9

Yesery

So would you be cool with the card deck and stuff?

Last edited by Time (August 26, 2021 16:03:03)

Time

August 26, 2021 18:05:51  #10

If you can tell me where I can ready about this card deck thing I'd love to read it

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

August 26, 2021 19:59:48  #11

You can read about it above

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 27, 2021 08:10:24  #12

Basket Cat is not a deity, I have a deity named Eliza but she is not used and mostly doesn't exist anymore, but Chronos can be used.

August 28, 2021 00:00:50  #13

ayy that is epic

Time

August 28, 2021 00:10:43  #14

Alright, sorry about the Basket Cat thing. You identified yourself with Basket Cat so much more than Eliza during a period of time that I think I thought Eliza got replaced xD

So the face cards would be (as currently confirmed):
Specter, Dalia, Galaxian, Echo, Apollo, Time, Oblivion, Chronos, Ark (9)

The following deities who can be added:
-Bixbite
-Shatter
-My second deity (only if absolutely needed)

Hey look, it kinda works.

If there are objections (despite this post maybe not being able to result in actual action, seeing as all of us are in school), let me know so I can note it.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 28, 2021 13:46:16  #15

hey it does work

August 28, 2021 16:52:28  #16

If someone else wants to put in 2 deities, we can take off at least 1 deity off Specter's shoulders and then my second one. Probably need to make Specter draw 3 deities, though, which is an oof. We can maybe make up for that by making them draw one less non-deity character if we get to that point.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 28, 2021 20:09:27  #17

Kinda feels unfair for me to have three deities in xD. @Eliza are you sure we don't wanna include GGaD!Eliza too?

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

August 29, 2021 01:29:23  #18

I mean, I technically have Senshei in my back pocket. Just tossing that out there if needed

Time

August 29, 2021 01:33:40  #19

Eh, that'd make you do extra work too. Besides I cannot think of Senshei's design for the life of me, so I'm taking that as meaning she's likely not very updated in terms of designs

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 29, 2021 12:14:13  #20

She had not much to begin with. But she's heavily based on MJ's appearance and has dark blue hair and violet eyes. That's about it. It means the rest can be up to me!

But yeah. Just noting I have her if needed

Time

August 29, 2021 15:11:35  #21

Actually I Senshei's form which includes her appearance, I think it's the most up-to-date version, too.

@Specter yes I'm sure lol I can find another character to use though if we need to I'm sure

August 29, 2021 15:12:49  #22

"Another character" would still have to be a deity, since we're talking about the face cards.

And I meant that Senshei's form isn't very recent. Hasn't been updated in a long time.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 29, 2021 16:00:28  #23

Yeah, well if it is to be updated, I suppose it'll have to fall to me

@Eliza: Can I see it? I think I lost mine somewhere.

Time

August 29, 2021 16:06:56  #24

Yee, but are you even allowed to have Senshei? (Now that I think about it, that's true for Specter's characters, too, lol.) There's the 2-deity rule, including for Corrupted Deities, so you'd have to make Senshei not-a-deity to roleplay her, which means she wouldn't be qualified for being on a face card (which only has active deities)...
You know what, call my bluff, guys. I'm an idiot.

Okay, so the conclusion here is for both fairness and regard to roleplay rules, I think we need either Eliza to draw the goddess Eliza or we need someone else to hop in lol (I forget if Axel has another deity other than Ark?). 
I think maybe once Fallon gets off her unannounced long hiatus we can maybe ask her if she wants to draw Enochi, Kenshin, Fallon, or that one other active deity she has whose name I forget (starts with an S lol).

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 29, 2021 16:14:17  #25

In addition: I am once again an idiot, if we go by the only-active-deities guideline then Kenshin and Fallon couldn't be drawn even if Fallon does wish to participate lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 29, 2021 16:33:55  #26

It's kinda like, I have the character, however, I can't use her. I'd have to make one of my other deities inactive or whatever, like spec or something.

Time

August 29, 2021 17:26:06  #27

Time wrote:

It's kinda like, I have the character, however, I can't use her. I'd have to make one of my other deities inactive or whatever, like spec or something.

Lol I like how your post implies (to me) that you are Specter and GGaD!Specter is one of your characters

I thought I knew you, Time/Specter--jk

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 30, 2021 15:06:30  #28

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Yee, but are you even allowed to have Senshei? (Now that I think about it, that's true for Specter's characters, too, lol.) There's the 2-deity rule, including for Corrupted Deities, so you'd have to make Senshei not-a-deity to roleplay her, which means she wouldn't be qualified for being on a face card (which only has active deities)...
You know what, call my bluff, guys. I'm an idiot.

Okay, so the conclusion here is for both fairness and regard to roleplay rules, I think we need either Eliza to draw the goddess Eliza or we need someone else to hop in lol (I forget if Axel has another deity other than Ark?). 
I think maybe once Fallon gets off her unannounced long hiatus we can maybe ask her if she wants to draw Enochi, Kenshin, Fallon, or that one other active deity she has whose name I forget (starts with an S lol).

-Galaxian-

I do not. yet

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

August 30, 2021 17:26:29  #29

We could use Eliza if we really need to

Board footera