HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 22, 2021 22:43:43  #31

Re: Time finally decides to make one of these - An art thread

It wasn't really an actual animation that I put effort into, as you can tell. Especially where I didn't care enough to have the bounce be at the same location heh.

Just testing the waters with animating

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

October 16, 2021 01:41:11  #32

Looking at the current art on this thread. Bleh. You know how it is, you're proud of it until you are not . But only a slight bleh. I don't abhore it or anything. It's just there now.

I was planning to post a bit more after I had a few more pieces done but it's taking far too long. So I'll jut throw out some old ones tomorrow

I haven't been able to draw in weeks bc of school and. So of course the ones I'll be posting will be already old

Last edited by Time (October 16, 2021 01:41:59)

Time

October 18, 2021 00:02:56  #33

...or maybe I might not. Who knows?

Time

November 16, 2021 00:57:57  #34

Finally art drop

Little art thing for this character... according to my notes, I labeled him as "divine representative" of the team. I think the character would fit the setting in my mind. There is the presence of religion and stuff... it's just how much do I want it active in the story is the real question.

However, what doesn't fit in this character's appearance. I do not like it at all. It's too, plain. I plan to change it. Though the red shirt and pants wouldn't be bad for casual wear. I don't like the full body shot on the right something is off about it. Whether it be stylistic, or something actually wrong.

Last edited by Time (November 16, 2021 01:04:36)

Time

November 16, 2021 01:09:11  #35

Ok ok so second art drop of a little group of drawings I like this one more.

This one is of, according to my character notes "healer support". As you can see she's helping out the divine character that I last introduced. Toying with growing stuff with this character. Atm, I'm not too happy with how glowy it is, but looking to improve.

I like the long white hair.

Last edited by Time (November 16, 2021 01:18:01)

Time

November 16, 2021 01:25:45  #36

I have forgotten to mention how old these pieces are. They're probably about 2 months old now. Maybe the last time I worked on them was August? September?

Time

November 16, 2021 01:30:03  #37

I definitely want to give a little info on what I've come up with for these two on my Idea thread, but first I want to post one more image of art. Which I'm doing tomorrow since I'm going to bed now and want to maintain a healthy sleep schedule

Time

November 16, 2021 10:59:31  #38

This one will be my last piece for a bit now. Maybe. This one is pretty old too. I think I last worked on it in October.

I think some parts of the lighting are incomplete. I don't really  remember, but I don't want to work on that now. Maybe later?

I like the glow for the healer's halo here. It softer and more subtle, and isn't like the other time I did it, if you can even notice the glow.. However idk if it's the look I want.

This one also took a good while. It was the background and the lighting that did it.

Last edited by Time (November 16, 2021 11:28:49)

Time

November 16, 2021 11:30:50  #39

I realize that this is just me posting art of characters you guys don't know or probably care about, but hey, that's ok...

...because I talk about them on my idea thread so you guys get to know them!

Nice plug huh

Only if you care to know them though

Time

November 16, 2021 11:33:40  #40

Hey just a question

Based off of the images alone what type of relationship do you think the two newest characters I've drawn have.? If I didn't really give enough info on the images alone, just guess or something.

Time

November 17, 2021 15:50:30  #41

OWOWOOWOWO

They give me "Besties" vibes, fully platonic but super strong relationship

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

November 17, 2021 22:40:21  #42

Hmm

What if I told you they both had criminal backgrounds? Does that change anything?

Of course, I'll tell more about them in my idea thread but still just random looking for conversation stuff.

Time

November 17, 2021 23:41:26  #43

"Besties In Crime" type duo uwu owo

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

November 18, 2021 01:44:56  #44

Hmm I see.

It was more of a "urchins sticking together to survive" type of deal. Does that change anything?

Time

November 18, 2021 22:31:43  #45

Great character design! I really like how "Divine Representative" looks, the contrast between his armor(?) and the rest of his clothing looks cool to me. I'm p sure his pose paints him as someone who's up for the job lol. That torch thingy is super cool as well.
"Healer Support" looks more like a gentle person :3. I have to agree with you that I also love her long white hair. And her coat is awesome (but I might be biased because I really like coats xD). Her halo is interesting, does she use it to heal? And how does it work because I see that in the last drawing you posted it's leaning to the side. Is it like an external object or is it like a part of her? I think she looks more "divine" than the guy but yeah I love those gold accents on the clothes!

Ok and for the drawing you last posted I'm just, I'm just ngl I got breathless for a second. I absolutely love the way you didn't draw in too many details and yet the colors give the whole thing depth and setting. The whole thing has a peaceful vibe, like they're just relaxing after a long day and patiently waiting for their destination. I especially love the guy's pose cause it looks just so natural! 
I'm curious, how to you do shading and lighting? Do you use special layers or do you just pick all the colors from the color wheel directly?

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

November 18, 2021 22:32:05  #46

Also getting to see your art is awesome, I really look forward to next time you post some more!

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

November 19, 2021 01:23:13  #47

Thank you!

Yeah. Something I do like about Divine is his weapon. It's also bound to be redesigned. But I like the idea of it being a weird torch mace. Maybe when I come around to editing it it'll just be a magic touch.

Good that she looks that way. Gentle. I was trying to go for that. As for the halo, honestly, I'm still working it out. As of current. I think I'm making it apart of her. The halo is a large signfier of her species or race or whatever. Looking at what I've though of it, it's kinda weird actually. These halos act as natural conductors of magic, and are really good ones too. they're like wands or staffs, but of course, natural. Because of this, her race has a high affinity for magic, and are highly sought after. As of now, I've labeled them "The Crowned". More on that later in the idea thread, actually. I've written some stuff on the Crowned. Hopefully I'll be able to post it tomorrow. But yeah now thinking about it.. she does have a more divine look. Huh. Idk what to do with that yet. Lol

Awh, thanks again. Too kind, really. In all honesty, I actually wanted to add more shading and stuff. Would that be considered more details? Either way, glad to hear from you that it looks still really nice. And now that you put it. Yeah. It does look quite natural! Makes me wonder how I could exactly improve the other's pose.
As for shading and lighting, it's a both. But in all honesty, idk what I'm doing lol. For most of it is me picking colors, only for some of it, like adding little effects on the halo, is using special layers. How about you? If you are using a nice and easy way, I'd def like to access it too.
You also made me just realize that I have not added highlights to the characters. But I'm ok with that for now. Also that I haven't cleaned all of that shading up yet.

And thank you again. Really lifts my day with your compliments!

Last edited by Time (November 19, 2021 01:25:05)

Time

December 10, 2021 00:29:07  #48

blegh

The first of many minor redesigns, who is it? It's Danny. I changed the Dragonlance and his hat.

Time

December 10, 2021 00:29:32  #49

What is a good size for art

Time

December 10, 2021 01:57:19  #50

owo how do you draw weapons so cool ajdjwkfjBWJFJSKFKKR

Idk, I just choose a random size

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

December 10, 2021 02:12:27  #51

Thank you very berry much

Oh ok then

A slight redesign during secret santa? Coincidence? I think not.

I really need to get those forms done quick

Time

December 10, 2021 02:13:24  #52

Same qndjwkkxkss 

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

December 10, 2021 11:13:09  #53

Ok but Time you have epic designs for weapons and things

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

December 10, 2021 13:49:33  #54

Thank youuu again

However I will admit this weapon is taking heavy inspiration from another. But I won't tell you which one because you'll then see through some of my characters I'm designing

Time

December 10, 2021 16:28:42  #55

Echo wrote:

owo how do you draw weapons so cool ajdjwkfjBWJFJSKFKKR

Oh I forgor this is a how

Idk uhhhh I look at weapons and think what could be cool while fitting the basic idea I have and then I toil for many hours thinking of a design.

I use inspiration, too.

Last edited by Time (December 10, 2021 16:28:58)

Time

December 10, 2021 16:30:52  #56

Oh also on the topic of weapons

by now I absolutely greatly dislike the flaming torch mace I need to redesign it

Time

March 31, 2022 20:59:03  #57

Wow that's a long time of not posting art. Its been like 3+ months

Anyways I was really practicing shading stuff, but I'm thinking that maybe I should have practice on someone who was less... pale for, beginners lol.

Now you may be asking if you remember, "Time is this another character in your personal world?" The answer is yes! However she isn't apart of the team. Maybe my first enemy I've designed? Well, I'll admit that she isn't meant to be an enemy forever. And that is because of a character that will help convert her, somehow. I'll be the next upcoming character. But yeah. I'm sure you've met her before. A different version of her.

Atm I'm still making her profile.

I realize the cast of this world I'm making will be quite large.

Alrighty after that little mention of a character off to the next one. This one is actually apart of the main team. I had his placeholder name being "Arcane". The art here on him is actually pretty old. At least a month.

Hmmmm... a mage type character who's main color is blue?? I wonder who this is supposed to be a reference to...

Tbh I don't really like his design too much rn. I expect some design changes after this. Unlike the first character though, I did complete some basic info on him. Maybe I'll post it later.

Last edited by Time (March 31, 2022 21:06:14)

Time

March 31, 2022 21:07:43  #58

Is that...Lydia? Bruh. (Sorry if I'm wrong lol, I've only seen one drawing of her iirc and it was last year)

Mage type character whose main color is blue...definitely Neer. 100%. Couldn't fathom it being anyone else. Definitely not Time/Amadeus. Mhm. 

Looks like a nerd xD and I mean that in a non-derogatory sense of course

I love how you just kinda reflected the eye lineart (for reference) across the vertical axis for coloring and called it a day

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

April 1, 2022 01:23:44  #59

Hm. Good guess, but a hint is the original version of her I didn't create

ding ding ding

well duh ofc he's a nerd he's a wizard

Yeah I was kinda just done thats why I didn't shade that much

Time

April 1, 2022 02:47:30  #60

Yes, I clearly know all the Time character trivia, so I clearly know who you're talking about. By the way, this is slightly cursed, but she gives me Dabi (from Kimetsu no Yaiba) vibes due to her expression and hairstyle lol, and also the fact that she has a brother in GGaD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

Board footera