HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 16, 2021 23:53:08  #31

Re: Panic at the Disco! but it's Not a Disco, it's a Mall

Echo doesn't say anything but instead suddenly hug Germaine tightly, starting to cry.

To his left, Hitan can probably sense sudden danger.

He has three seconds before the gun goes off. Either he needs to disarm the hitman or get out of the way very quickly, as well as possibly warn Germaine and Echo as they are in the range that the bullet might hit.

Last edited by Echo (July 16, 2021 23:53:28)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

July 17, 2021 04:21:17  #32

(Question: Is the person with the gun aiming at Hitan? Or at Germaine and Echo?)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

July 17, 2021 13:49:53  #33

(Timed mission o.o)

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

July 17, 2021 14:07:20  #34

(At Hitan, towards his head)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

July 17, 2021 14:17:29  #35

(ok wait where'd the gun come from I can't see it in any other posts)

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

July 17, 2021 14:26:50  #36

(my last POV post, last "paragraph" piece)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

July 17, 2021 22:21:57  #37

(TW: Violence)

It takes two seconds for Hitan's voice to announce, as if over an intercom within this section of the mall: "Attention, all customers. There is at least one active shooter in the southern section of the mall."
He's speaking faster than usual, but the words are loud, precise, and yet, calm. There is no sense of fear coming from his voice--only a slight sense of urgency, bringing a compulsion to act.
There is certainly no indication of any of those emotions on the young man's face as he moves towards the hitman and the preparing shot and the killing intent. He moves like a predatory bird, aiming directly for the kill. There is no hesitation. There is not even an eyebrow furrow. There is only a cold blanket of certainty in his eyes. It's a complicated confidence, one that someone like the gunman cannot understand.
They are not allowed the time to understand. They are only allowed to see that one glimpse of his eyes before the opposite of their expectations--a storm of immense pain--hits them.
First, the arm of the hand that will pull the trigger feels the wrath of the storm. As if a doll's arm, the entire bottom portion of the arm from the elbow down is disengaged from the rest and flops uselessly to the side. Causing this break is no particular feat of strength; rather, it is a feat of knowledge, of knowing the exact angle and needed force to break an arm from that position just like that.
The gun is confiscated. And then the other arm breaks. And then, bones snap--bones connected to the knee joints of both of the hitman's legs, which also follow in their fracturing. The joints crinkle into pieces within the flesh. And then comes the inevitable fall.
However, it's not an easy fall. In the process, the gunman is turned so that they are falling with their chest and face, not their back, is facing the floor. If they haven't blacked out from the pain yet, they are able to experience the luxurious experience of their face hitting the hard mall floor. With the amount of force that they somehow find themselves subjected to as they fall, they likely also hear the crunch of more bones--teeth. The taste of blood will follow soon after.
Hitan doesn't bother pushing them down further. What use would that be? They are like a broken doll with fallen arms and legs. What can they do now? Bite him, without any teeth? He doubts it. He secures his grip on the gun, knowing there are more bullets inside, and glances around at the inexorable mayhem.
"A pity," he murmurs to himself, before the announcement continues: "Please stay calm, find refuge, and alert the authorities. Thank you."
A crackling sounds, and then the message concludes.
Surely, there will be more to come--but at least what was needed to be done has been completed.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 17, 2021 23:50:03  #38

TW for most of the rest of the thread (possibly): Gun violence, killing

By the time the hitman fell to the ground, they were dead, but not from from what Hitan done.

Before that, the veins in the arm Hitan had cut off first, as well as the other arm that followed after, turned strikingly purple and then black through the skin.

When they hit the ground, their entire body was decorated by their own veins, by a pitch black. Their blood was muddied, mixing black and red together. If Hitan was able to see their eyes before the fall, he would have seen no hint of colour in the irises, but a pure, plain, milky white. The pupils, though, were a vibrant purple, strikingly purple. The rest of the eyes were bloodshot.

There isn't a hint of poison, either, within their body. If Hitan can sense that sort of stuff, or if any other character can sense that sort of stuff, then they would find no trace of poison.

Favian blankly stared from afar, his voice monotonous.

"Hm. I wonder if there are more dangerous people here. Isn't that unfortunate?"

Favian smiled a little, his eyes flashing brightly as he moved a bit closer to Hitan and the now dead hitman.

"That's gross, all that blood. It's making a mess. Unfortunate for whoever has to clean it up. It's disgusting, all that violence. And all what will happen now. So very unfortunate, isn't it?"

Echo turned and looked at what happened. Quickly she looked away and went back to hugging Germaine, terrified.

Another gunshot went off, somewhere else in some other part of the mall.

Echo shrieked, hugging tighter. All she could think about was Heilo now, and each gun shot set off the memory in her head. Over and over and over again, she could see him.

To the right, Hitan can probably sense more danger. Another hitman.

Favian said, "You really want to play this game with me? I'm getting tired of waiting, of your stupid little act of generosity towards my daughter. All of this would be simpler if you just handed her over to me."

A sudden chaos happened as people were taking cover.

"Shhhhhiiiiiii- shoelaces!" Silence yelled.

One, there was one in the area this portion of the group was at.

But not for long, because Silence was not having that. Nor was basically the rest of the group either, because:

A) there are innocent people being shot at

and

B) Echo was in the southern section and not even hell would stop them from reaching her.

Silence was able to take down this one fairly easily.

They were able to knock them down within a split second, disarming them and pining the hitman down.

"I really hate people who are like me," Silence growled. "Attacking innocent people without a care in the world. You're enjoying this, aren't you?"

Silence felt a bit of alarm has the hitman's eyes went bloodshot, white, and purple. Their veins were starting to turn purple.

Silence didn't hesitate to put the gun to the hitman's temple and pull the trigger, not wanting to find out what the hell was happening to them. They set the gun to the side and looked up, trying to find where everyone else was at.

Alma and Malaika we're still running towards where Echo was at.

Alois had went off somewhere else to hunt down hitmen.

Francis and Lumi were leading people to safety, keeping an eye out for potential danger.

Silence hated all this chaos. It reminded them too much of similar things. Luckily, no one seemed hurt.

This part of the group still has eleven minutes of running, perhaps ten or nine as people are taking cover in safer areas and won't be in the way.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

July 18, 2021 00:18:52  #39

Hitan smiles at Favian from his positionas he retains his hold on the gunman. It's still the same smile as before as he only says one sentence: "Your parental privileges are revoked, good sir."
He disappears the instant before the next trigger is pulled. Fascinatingly, the gunman is knocked slightly to the side, but it's a bit too late, and...well, the bullet's travelling its way to Favian's head now.
Meanwhile, Hitan reappears by Germaine's side, apparently not worried at all.
"Sorry again, miss." he states while the alarms start blaring like there's no tomorrow. Apparently staff here are actually pretty competent. "I just ask that you hold her tightly, but please make sure to take care of yourself as well."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 18, 2021 00:48:42  #40

"I would never give the responsibility of caring for a daughter to the likes of you. You have just proved incompetence as a father and moral person," declared Germaine.
She checked on Echo, not loosening her protective hold, and then stared directly at Favian. It wasn't uncontrolled anger what caused the forest spirit's eyes to brighten in color. The downward slant of Germaine's eyebrows and the shine of her eyes came from a desire to nullify the threat to Echo. More disgust at the fact that Favian was resorting to such methods to ask for his 'daughter' back filled Germaines mind and increased her resolve to clear the situation.
"And I won't give her to you now. Or ever. I will not let her go."
A protective spell flared up around the pair. Translucent, almost transparent, and yet ready  to stand up to what might be thrown its way.

Do what you must, Hitan.

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (July 18, 2021 00:49:19)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

July 18, 2021 01:18:56  #41

The bullet disintegrated before it could even reach a foot away from Favian.

This time, he spoke directly to Echo.

"I can make it stop. All of this can be stopped if you just come over here. Remember your siblings?"

Echo suddenly looked over to Favian, eyes wide.

"It's all your fault. You know that, don't you? All of this is your fault, if only you weren't so disobedient."

Despite Germaine's protective hold on Echo, Echo started to pull away. She started to pull away because... All of this would stop, right? All of this would stop if she just... 

The hitman pointed their gun at Hitan and pulled the trigger again. It didn't go off. Again and again they pulled the trigger, but the gun stopped working.

Suddenly, they dropped the gun. Their eyes shot red, turned white, and had those two little purple pupils. Their skin tinted from the sudden change of vein colouration. They fell backwards, but were dead before they hit the ground.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

July 18, 2021 01:34:48  #42

Germaine won't let her go that easily. It's for the goddess's good that she held on tighter.
Besides, to try to go more than two steps away would mean to break the barrier by force. From the inside. The damage wouldn't be limited to the magic either. Remember who was the one who cast the spell? The one putting all her effort in ensuring a girl's safety?
What would go through her mind if Echo rejected the protection offered?

"What part of this is your fault?" Just a whisper, the last word quavering slightly with fear of Echo trying to 'break free' into the clutches of that hard-hearted man. Or whatever he was. Germaine did her best to keep Echo firmly secured. More strength would be needed to leave her side.
"You realize you're being offered another option to stop 'all of this', right? You don't have to follow what he says."
Sounds from the outside grew dimmer, although they weren't blocked out completely. It's not a perfect sound barrier.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

July 18, 2021 03:11:02  #43

He laughs.
His laughter is beautiful. It sounds as if it is something that can purify everything. There is no sign of the pain that definitely emanates within his being as a result of letting himself do so. 
It's also a bright, pure sound that not even Helen has heard--at least, not for a long time. And, just as with everything bright and pure, it is only a temporary existence. And with that, Germaine's barrier is secured a little more, even if it seems nothing else was done to it--and Echo's mind clears a little. 
The laughter dies down a little bit, but still he's smiling, with a little look of curious disbelief on his face. 
"Her fault? Echo's fault?" he voices, asking no one in particular, but he looks at Echo and Germaine while saying so, apparently paying no heed to the surrounding danger.
He giggles a bit but swallows the impending laughter back. "I have not heard such a good joke in a long time. It seems I must give thanks, again."
Still keeping his glance on Echo, he speaks once more. "Her siblings and her were forced through a 'killing game' conducted by you and other vile adult individuals for your own selfish aims. Echo survived.
"Her brother Heilo and the others would be alive if not for you and the others of your kind. You were the ones to subject the children to the pain and torture, relishing it all without an ounce of regret or wish for redemption as you watched it as if it were a show that you knew it was not. Then, you were the ones to force divinity upon her after manipulating her with unjustified regret. Whose fault is it, then? It is obvious." His eyes flicker back to Favian, though the entire time it would appear as if he were addressing the other in the first place.  
"A soldier forced onto a battlefield for a battle she never wished to fight does not have an ounce of fault. No, the wrong lies entirely upon the foolish generals and commanders, seeking for nothing except their own greed and, in this case, the pain of those who were forced to serve them." 
Is it an illusion, or is the feather resting upon his ear glowing a little?

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 18, 2021 03:30:43  #44

(Ah, forgot to ask a question.
@Echo - Is there a target you have your mind set upon for this thread? If so, something I am thinking about would be quite meaningless.)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 18, 2021 07:33:53  #45

(the target is for no one to die, Favian being kinda forced to back out, but that's it, really. Something will happen at the end to Echo but it'll be pretty temporary if Alma gets there in time)

Echo looked up at Germaine with her tear-stained face. She stopped trying to pull away.

"People are getting hurt," the words come out softly. "They're getting hurt because I'm not..." She stopped at the end, her voice quivering. Echo's scared, but she doesn't want other people to get hurt. She somehow had placed herself into a "sacrifice one for the majority" type of mindset, with herself being the sacrificial piece.

Favian went back into that emotionless state, studying Hitan carefully.

"You're a smart one, aren't you," he said, tilting his head up. "You're very smart, yes. I almost want to give you a free hit. I wonder what damage you could do to me. You're too smart, too kind. Someone like you wouldn't understand, though. I don't think you would."

Off to the side suddenly appeared a man quite similar to Favian. His hair is much wilder, though, messy. He doesn't join in the fight. It seems that he doesn't care at the moment.

The man crouched down beside the corpse of the first hitman, examining the blood with a faint grin.

"Ah... pretty..." he breathed, dipping his fingers in the blood. "So beautiful..." He didn't seemed bothered by how gross his actions were when he put some of the blood in his mouth.

Last edited by Echo (July 18, 2021 07:35:14)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

July 18, 2021 15:01:42  #46

Phantom was briefly torn between staying and helping Silence or going with the rest of the group. Then, realizing that Silence could probably handle themselves, he tore off again after Alma.

July 18, 2021 18:40:05  #47

"They won't get hurt. You are not alone in this. "
Germaine's eyes met Echo's directly. They presented a source of solace, understanding, outward calmness...but through all of that, the green glow coming from the irises hinted vaguely at conflicted thoughts Germaine was repressing.
For the truth was that it hurt her to focus solely on Echo while violence and disorder raged outside the barrier. It hurt her to feel she was not helping enough. It hurt her to hear Hitan's words, to think of the things Echo had not told her. 
She gently brushed Echo's cheek to wipe away the track of a tear, an action so peaceful it certainly seemed out of place in the whole situation. 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

July 18, 2021 20:39:10  #48

He ignores Faust like he would ignore a groveling worm...which isn't too far off from what the man is, come to think about it. The only things off about it are that at least worms are cute and are doing what they need to do to maintain the earthen harmony--neither of which are applicable here.
"I do not like to take without paying," he says simply. Was that a wry attempt at humor? Regardless, he regards Germaine and Echo once more as he talks.
"I regret to say this so abruptly, Echo, but any selfless sacrifice that you perceive is not a solution here. Rather, it will make the situation worse for not only yourself, but also those around you." Hitan keeps his reasoning calm and precise but also makes it clear that he is sympathetic, softening his voice's tone a little as if he had the liberty right now to have a quiet, pleasant one-on-one conversation with her. "You are what these...individuals want," he points out. "Yes, they are doing this to take you, but they have chosen to do so on their own. They would use similar means, if not worse ones, even if their aim were different. To use the words of his lie--your so-called 'father' can stop all of this. However, he also could have never started this in the first place. Yet, he did, unflinchingly; he has done so unflinchingly many times in the past, and will do so in the future. So, even if you leave us and the help we wish to provide to you now, he will not stop. He will continue--and if not here, then in numerous other situations, in numerous other places, this time causing injury, death, and calamity...using you and your power, all to get his way."
There is a little emotion in his words, he who otherwise seems so unflinchingly composed. "Echo, stay with us," the teacher states, as if there is no gunfire, no alarms, no death. No--as if none of those ever existed to be named in the first place. As if a request, he continues: "Foster your strength so you can--with those who have loved you, those who you wish to protect with your immense kindness, those who wish to continue to love you and let you wish to do so--target the problems you face at the roots and then demolish its hideous core. Please--"
The feather is definitely glowing. "--allow us to do the least we can do, and live on alongside you without regret, Echo. Please, stay."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 19, 2021 01:57:17  #49

(*screams through tears, clutching heart in full emotion* Y'ALL GOING HAM ON THE DIALOGUE, HUH. I'M GOING TO BE DEAD FROM FEELINGS BY THE END OF THIS)

Echo stared for a moment, nothing behind those eyes of her's. It was that usual intense stare of nothingness, and then there was warmth. Warmth, ironic for a winter goddess.

Echo manages to smile, a small smile. Despite how small and scared it was, despite how it trembled, it was filled with hope. It was a small, scared, hopeful smile.

Echo manages to nod to Hitan, a quiet, "Okay..." coming from her lips.

"I'll stay."

Echo goes back to tightly hugging Germaine. It was comforting to Echo to be close to someone trusted at this moment. But Echo wants to help. She's thinking of how to help despite being behind the barrier.

Echo felt a little less scared, enough so to finally be able to take a bit of action.

"Germaine... I'm sorry... It's going to be...cold..."

Favian watched this small exchange. He didn't feel anything from it, not even a twinge of hatred towards Hitan or Germaine. Not frustration or anything... No. He did feel something: boredom. He was bored. He thought, no he hoped, there would be more blood.

Favian stepped out of the way of ice spikes shooting out of the ground. The spikes were large and sharp, made to do serious damage.

"Hm."

Favian looked over at Echo, who gave her blank stare back.

Echo scratched at her neck as frost formed on her skin and clothes. No matter how many times it has happened, it still felt uncomfortable to her.

Echo's body temperature is starting to drop rapidly, so she probably feels like a little ice pack against Germaine. The air is starting to get cold in the southern mall area, not just behind the barrier.

Faust had started eating one of the corpse's arms. Bro, seriously what the HECK- Faust is giggling to himself about beauty or something like that.

Phantom, Alma, and Malaika have around seven or a little less minutes until they reach Germaine, Hitan, and Echo.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

July 19, 2021 03:55:25  #50

While Faust commits the crime known as cannibalism, or I guess implying he's human would be flattering at this point, Hitan gently reminds Echo, "Please do not overwhelm yourself," and then he has to dispatch another hitman. Can't just stand in a scene like this monologuing all day.
In the meantime, he searches for an open telepathic link from those he knew were Echo's friends. His probing is a little more forceful than usual, but that doesn't mean anything. It's only enough to give a slight feeling of urgency. 
His telepathic probing is, however, by its nature, stronger than that of others. Uncomfortably, it bypasses mental defenses, but he's trying his hardest to avoid that unless he can find no one who picks up on the other side of the line. And if his restraint on it collapses...well, he already has to apologize for so much today already. One more thing should be fine.
The narrator would suggest that Phantom be the one to pick up first, so that he has more to do and can interact with the others.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 19, 2021 11:13:57  #51

(*cries in emotionally invested in this thread*)

July 20, 2021 11:36:29  #52

(which one of us is suppose to POV next?)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

July 20, 2021 16:18:03  #53

((I was waiting for @Eliza cause there's a cue for Phantom in Galaxian's last post, but Ig I can go too))

A faint sigh slipped from Germaine, warming her lips for a moment. She almost smiled.
"Go ahead."
Another opportunity to help. Warm energy flowed from her to Echo. It should be enough to strengthen the goddess.
Anything else (read: Faust) was getting ignored, at least for the time being. The people in the mall should already have evacuated with the alarms. Favian still had his sights on Echo for some reason. Did he want her back that badly? Perhaps taking Echo out of the mall and to a safer place would be a good idea.
"Were you with anyone else before running into him?"

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

July 20, 2021 16:21:16  #54

(Yeah I cued for Eliza lol)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 20, 2021 19:46:45  #55

(ok what does pick up mean lol help)

July 20, 2021 19:57:14  #56

(idk this is a big fail in terms of trying to reference our world so that meanings can be more comprehensible lol. Anyways, what does picking up the phone mean, Eliza? Lol xD oof.)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 21, 2021 02:05:47  #57

Echo looked up to Germaine and nodded.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

July 21, 2021 15:30:26  #58

(k I get it now lol)

Phantom recognized someone trying to contact him telepathically, so he "answered." Hello?

July 21, 2021 21:31:14  #59

Hello. My name is Hitan, and I am in the southern section of the mall with Echo, Hitan says pleasantly, before adding: as well as someone who was supposed to be her biological father; in case you are curious, he has chosen instead to cause as much disturbance and violence as possible to try to take her instead. Anyhow, I am taking this is Phantom? Could you please also inform the other friends of Echo to respond to this call?

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 22, 2021 10:46:13  #60

Uh, yeah, this is Phantom. I'll tell them.

"HEY GUYS," Phantom said loudly, to get their attention. "Hitan's calling us telepathically. He's asking you to answer."

(I'm just imagining Hitan like one of those phone operators)

Board footera