GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 30, 2021 20:54:57  #1

[Intro] Street intersection at the border of the Modern Sect

((Lol I'm sorry if this doesn't turn out very well but I've been putting this thread off for too long xD))

This is currently not a crowded place. Everyone is minding their own business. After all, it's just a normal day.
There's like nothing that stands out. Well, a child ran past, a group of ladies crossed the road, a street vendor walked by and hey, someone stopped him!
That someone doesn't really stand out, since she's just one more woman in the street, but she has been standing there for a while stopping people. And the vendor has just sped away from her.
She might need help, judging from the way she's looking around?

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ
pjytlñhfñksfjgnm dfmghkdhldk

June 30, 2021 21:06:47  #2

Re: [Intro] Street intersection at the border of the Modern Sect

Nah, instead of helping her or asking her what's going on (as it could potentially be a dangerous situation), Wiley's just gonna walk past her and try to get stopped, too. Yay, thanks, dude.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

July 1, 2021 13:18:49  #3

Let's just call this young woman by her name even if Wiley doesn't know her.
Aurae was considering walking away, going somewhere else where perhaps someone would be able to help her. But Wiley caught her attention and she went straight to (try to) softly tug at his sleeve.
"Excuse me," she said while looking up, "k-mmmmm...mm..."
She didn't finish what she wanted to say, or maybe she reconsidered, ending her word in just a mumble.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

July 1, 2021 16:58:53  #4

If she hesitated because of his appearance, the narrator wouldn't blame her. Wiley happens to look like the type of stranger you probably wouldn't want to ask for help. And even if he doesn't seem like that, he does look weird, and weird can be easily typed with "probably unreliable." The feeling is intensified due to him looking at her. His eyes easily add onto his weird vibe.
Anyhow, he jolts to a halt like a dysfunctional motor vehicle. "Hello! The name ain't 'Kmmm,' but if by 'mmmm' you meant to say that I seem like the snack that I am, you would be both profoundly correct and unhesitatingly pardoned!" he exclaims.
Wiley, no.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 1, 2021 17:53:00  #5

Aurae's grip on the sleeve tightened when Wiley stopped.
"No, it's not that. I'm looking for-" Aurae shook her head. "I meant to ask, are you Kamil?"
She didn't get the hint from his appearance. Wow. In fact, she looked over his face for a second and proceeded to directly lock eyes with this "probably unreliable" stranger. Aurae's own eyes are very green, and right now, they're very wide. But she's not scared. Her tone of voice is soft and level.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

July 1, 2021 18:13:07  #6

"Kamil? I look like a Kamil to you?"
He doesn't sound insulted, exactly. He does sound very curious, though. He doesn't break eye contact. The blue of his eyes is quite jarring.
"That your husband?" he asks. "Or brother? Or dad?"
What a range of guesses to guess from, huh. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 2, 2021 18:03:02  #7

"Do you know him?"
The staring would have continued if Aurae hadn't realized she was still holding on to the other's sleeve. Like two seconds passed before she quickly let go and took a step back into a more normal conversation position.
"Oh, please excuse me," she apologized. "Something caught my eye and I thought maybe you were, well, someone I'm looking for."
Although she kept the eye contact, Aurae does look more relaxed now. She looks just slightly embarrassed too.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

July 2, 2021 18:16:51  #8

"If I do, I wouldn't tell you, especially since you didn't answer the question," Wiley points out, unperturbed. "Consider: What if he's my friend?"
Doubtful. You have friends?
The narrator is ignored. "And then what if you were his mortal enemy or something? Or what if you're a bounty hunter? I'd be giving away hints about his whereabouts and weaknesses, and that would be less than ideal, would it?"
Oh, please.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 3, 2021 01:50:34  #9

"This person don't, like, really look like a bounty hunter," a voice cuts in after a bit of observation and listening. Low and behold: Silence! And Echo, who is curiously looking up at Aurae in a non-verbal quiet.

Silence continued, walking around Wiley and Aurae, "And she doesn't look to be the type with malicious intent! Of course, I guess looks can lie, but I have a gut feelin'!" They continue walking around everyone in a close circle, which is a bit amusing.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

July 3, 2021 02:04:57  #10

"Think that's the point of a bounty hunter," Wiley says to Silence before walking backwards, clear out of their walking circle range. Seems he doesn't like that motion, even if there's no indication of it otherwise. "'Cept in Star Wars, where they don't give a crap about doing that. In most situations, anyhow."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 3, 2021 15:25:32  #11

"I dunno! In movies bounty hunters are usually super duper intimidating!" 

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

July 3, 2021 23:19:08  #12

"Does this mean that Kamil is a wanted person?"
It's hard to look for someone when you know nothing but their name. What kind of person was Aurae really  looking for? Maybe it was not a good idea to continue with this. Nobody had been able to figure out what "Kamil" she wanted to find, after all. She wasn't even sure herself.
Why did Silence look like they could be named "Kamil"? Aurae didn't know them at all, had never seen them before, and it took her a second to realize this other stranger was circling her.
She looked down at Lila to give a polite smile-- but she had never seen this girl (Echo) before either. Why "Lila"? That was not the correct name.
Too many thoughts, too many questions. And she missed part of the conversation.

Maybe she could say something, though.
"B-bounty hunter? I don't know if there's a way to peove this, but I assure you I'm not one..."

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

July 3, 2021 23:22:12  #13

Wiley shrugs, apparently not inclined to respond until more information is given from her instead.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 4, 2021 02:25:57  #14

"Nah, I believe ya!" Silence grinned.

Echo tilted her head, continuing to stare at Aurae.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

July 4, 2021 09:03:32  #15

Ark is here too. Though not participating in the conversation.

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

July 6, 2021 01:38:51  #16

Ah, I didn't mean to attract more people.
"Thank you!" Aurae exclaimed right after Silence spoke. "Well, I just wanted--Can I get a little help?"
She looked at the others' faces. "I'll help you back with something if needed. Promise!"

Well, if Echo's staring so much, maybe she can see and sense a certain similarity to someone, but it's just a little bit. Who knows...?

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

July 6, 2021 01:41:33  #17

"Nah, lady, if someone's eager for you to pay them back when you're asking for help--" Wiley wags his finger a little bit while staring into Aurae's eyes still, "--you probably shouldn't accept any help from them." He grins. "Though maybe a payback cookie wouldn't hurt." 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 7, 2021 01:30:21  #18

Aurae does not mind the eye contact. In fact, she would return it fully if the others weren't there. She actually looks at them directly into their eyes.
"It may be hard to believe, but I've been incredibly unlucky with help so far. So if you can at least helo me a little... I'll figure out a way to pay back with cookies once I get a bit more...settled." Aurae took a deep breath.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

July 7, 2021 01:41:18  #19

"So what do you need? Just finding the guy? If so, you're probably better off finding a guy who tracks people's locations or can do that upon request," Wiley...sing-songs.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 13, 2021 23:53:28  #20

"Well, not just that..." Aurae would have had a visible blush if her skin were lighter. "I don't know much about the person I'm trying to find. My biggest problem right now is that I'm conpletely lost and...I haven't been able to get anyone to help. So unlikely, and yet this is the longest I've managed to talk to someone willing to at least give a little help..."
Her voice trailed out as she waited for an answer.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

July 14, 2021 00:03:18  #21

Echo squinted, noticing that Aurae did in fact seemed familiar, but in a way that she couldn't place. She just continued staring, trying to figure it out.

Silence grinned, "I'm willing to help, although it, like, might be a bit hard if you don't know too much 'bout him."

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

July 14, 2021 00:14:18  #22

"Then what do you need? If the guy over there can't help with finding the dude you talked about, then maybe they can do other things," voices the scientist.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 15, 2021 02:45:30  #23

Aurae let out a short breath. Not really a sigh, for she wasn't tired. To be honest, she should have considered more possibilities before thoughtlessly going straight to ask for help. Now that she had the other's attention, maybe she could get something useful from them. Um, not in a bad way.
"Please let me summarize my situation in a few sentences! Look, I'm sorry for everything, but it all comes down to 'I'm confused and lost'. The way I ended up in this city was dangerous, so in a way you coulf say I am trying to get to a safer place. I barely had any money for clothes and now not only do I lack a place in which to stay, but also I haven't had much to eat for two days..."

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

July 15, 2021 03:07:36  #24

"Alright, so we have the need to live somewhere socially acceptable with money, and stuff that can only be bought with money," Wiley mutters to himself, with some more unintelligible muttering before he says loudly, "Yep, looks like helping her on those counts will probably be on you two!" 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 15, 2021 23:56:56  #25

"It's not money I want right now. For me it would be more important to manage to get out of this city." Now she sighed, keeping her eyes closed for a few seconds longer than a blink. "I'm too disoriented. I'm ashamed to admit I am not in the condition to use a map at the moment. So, please, some more specific directions...it would be great."
Finally, maybe she at last could get somewhere she'd be more comfortable. She just needed to get into the medieval sect, and it would be easier to find a place where she could settle. At least that's what she wanted to believe.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

July 16, 2021 00:08:31  #26

"If ya can't even use a map right now, you shouldn't be wandering 'round. So! You need a residence, like a hotel. Which needs money," he explains indifferently, making his fingers go in twirling motions as if twirling invisible pens.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 16, 2021 02:02:47  #27

"Is there anywhere specific you want to go to?" Silence asked. "A specific area out of the city?"

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

July 16, 2021 02:50:38  #28

"I can't stay at a hotel here. I would like to go to--" Slight pause as she tried to remember a specific place by name to no avail. It would be better to stick to her original idea. "--to the area opposite of the highly-developed cities."
Was that a good enough description of the medieval sect?
"My name is Aurae," she said suddenly while trying to focus her vision on Silence's face. Aurae ended up with the same intense stare from earlier.  Some extra concentration would do the trick to continue the conversation normally. A little bit of blurry vision, well, maybe in the next days she could get it checked out.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

July 16, 2021 02:58:50  #29

"Oh, so like a cabin or a farm!" exclaims Wiley.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 29, 2021 19:46:10  #30

Aurae nodded emphatically. "Yes, even that would be fine! From there I could get to another place." She squished her hands together tightly.
"But isn't there a 'border' outside this city? Can you direct me towards it?"

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

Board footera