HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 18, 2022 10:27:22  #301

Re: {Apparently We're Forum Twins Now} Chat Thread for Time and Eliza

idk ":D" just doesn't translate

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

October 18, 2022 20:38:18  #302

:D

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

October 18, 2022 20:38:31  #303

Whoa what??? How?

Time

October 19, 2022 09:19:18  #304

may I suggest a theme idea for le twins

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

October 19, 2022 11:10:30  #305

what if

steampunkish

October 19, 2022 14:33:01  #306

Oh yes coordination now!

Hmmm maybe that may be a thing yes.

My first initial of Time for a redesign was maybe somewhat similar to the original, but white for the primary clothing color, and moving the pocket watch to somewhere more subtle

Time

October 19, 2022 19:31:00  #307

Time would look funny in white lol

which is also hilarious bc her current redesign moves towards more dark colors xD

I was thinking just adding more of a steampunk element would work since...they live in a clock tower, and they're time deities. Steampunk seems natural to them imo xD

October 19, 2022 19:31:40  #308

also I added some gears on her hat and she'd have a choker with a gear ornament (and her pocket watch obvs) bc...gears? idk

October 19, 2022 20:17:38  #309

Is this what she currently has? She's really styling I actually really, really love it. I love the vest/suit, and the posing/expression too! You think we should both double down with the suit idea?

I don't mind integrating steampunk. Though I won't know what exactly to integrate as it.

As i said before, I'm probably going to move Time's pocketwatch to like, his chest pocket or smth, I felt with his current design it being as a necklace kinda clashed with it.

Last edited by Time (October 19, 2022 20:18:19)

Time

October 20, 2022 00:43:54  #310

Oh wait shoot I just noticed the vest goes into the tailcoat that's really cool.

Time

October 20, 2022 08:36:18  #311

it's one of the ideas I had for her redesign. I also like it as well but I'm weird bc I feel like her original design is kind of iconic at this point lol

IKR I couldn't get rid of the waistcoat, so i just changed it xD

How about this:

We give Time some really cool goggles

October 20, 2022 09:00:38  #312

hear me out

October 20, 2022 11:39:05  #313

Sheeesh

I was thinking of giving time goggles, but I personally am not a goggles guy since I feel they're such a common headgear/neck apparatus for characters. Like bandanna

BUT nonetheless it's something to consider. I do think some kind of headware would be cool other random ideas I have are maybe glasses... maybe even a magic/spell or steampunk monocle?? Lol.

I also like the idea of noting back at the old design, but atm I would still be thinking as to what to reference, by now I think the whole thing is outdated... maybe I'll steal your idea of hinting at the previous coat.

As for the two designs, I think they look good the coat for the first one is nice. I'm currently looking at coats and clothing I could use for reference. You can't do all the work!

Time

October 20, 2022 15:31:50  #314

RIP that beautiful sketch of Time w/ goggles
Goggles seemed to suit him bc to me seems almost a magic scientist, y'know? Always experimenting, learning new things whenever he can.

hA Time with a monocle
glasses could work

They're not actually two separate designs. The second one is just without his coat xD Thought it would be neat if he had one of those puffy shirts but the right sleeve is just *not there* so you could see his arm, and maybe he wears gloves to disguise it or make his hands look more symmetrical or smthn idk i like giving characters gloves

ngl current Time does not look like he fits into the "time period" he's in/the medieval sect
which at this point I think is just the "not modern or future sect"

but I like designing new outfits :<

October 20, 2022 18:03:07  #315

Ik ik, that's why I said I'm still considering it! I personally don't like using goggles too much, but that doesn't mean they're our of the game. The goggles woul have to look nice or smth tho. I do like the idea of having some sort of identifying scientist apparatus on him for sure.

Besides goggles if I don't go with them, I feel like another good one may be like a hip/thigh pouch with potions or smth. Maybe I could hook more of that sciency stuff on there as well or smth. Like goggles. Idk.

I did just admit possible glasses on Time, but glasses are honestly hard for me to draw on characters.

Yeah, I was meaning to ask if they were separate or not. Totally forgot to mention that question in the last post tho.

I know gloves look nice on characters, and i will probably add gloves since they are common in steampunk. Unrelated to you specifically, but as a fan of the over the top designs of guilty gear, they have a belief in things like adding gloves and a lot of belts to a character is amazing character design. I think it could work here.

I personally think, that Times current design just doesn't really have enough detail or unity to really be anything.

Time

October 20, 2022 19:42:14  #316

:0 there is still hope

Tbf steampunk is really just plain clothes but with a /lot/ of accessories

glasses are very hard especially when you're like me and like drawing characters with big eyes xD

hehehehe gloves and belts (:<

Yeah that's what I was thinking with Chronos's older design. It works, and it looks nice, but it seemed a little too plain.

October 21, 2022 19:13:20  #317

As of current, how are you thinking of the new character design for Chronos?

Time

October 22, 2022 09:36:25  #318

I like it a lot. I think it does a better job of showing off her character than her old design (even if I love it dearly), especially since when I first designed her I didn't really know what she'd be like and what she would or wouldn't wear. She's not vain, but she's definitely showy, so having a more flamboyant costume seems right up her alley imo

It seems a bit too dark though, and something I've always suffered from with her design is that it's extremely monochrome...there are accents of color, like the gold buttons on her coat and hat and her silver pocketwatch but there doesn't seem to be enough of it

Also I think it's funny that Chronos's "color" was supposed to be silver bc of her pocket watch and literally all of her accessories are gold instead xD

October 22, 2022 20:46:14  #319

Yeah I do think what's current is an improvement indeed. But you might be right with it having a monochrome color... As of current, I think the colors look good for her, BUT even if you ask for it or not, here is my research on it:

I've been looking at character designs I like and I've been trying to think of any patterns I see when it comes to color... It feels like most designs can handle a max of 2 "stand out" colors that work well each other, that of which exclude neutral colors, things like white, black, tan, brown and similar colors.

I think that means also maybe natural skin/eye/hair colors do not matter most of the time? Unless if they are a potent part of the character design? Do you see a similar pattern?

Time

October 23, 2022 00:21:20  #320

bro why do i draw so slow it took me all night to draw up only one of Time's redesign drafts bruhh

Time

October 23, 2022 09:05:40  #321

Yeah that makes sense. Maybe I need to find a different color to mix with her outfit. Maybe throw in some kind of fabric pattern, too? She seems like she'd like patterns

October 23, 2022 09:06:11  #322

also RIP

October 23, 2022 18:48:04  #323

Maybe a pattern could work, but I've heard they're hard to do... maybe add text for a part of her clothing? Could that be an alternative?

Also apologies, but personally I'm going to try to go thru a full character design process for Time's redesign, I kinda wanna practice it, so it might take me a while unless you want to see wips without any coloring or personality.

Time

October 24, 2022 08:49:33  #324

text would possibly be harder xD patterns are fun to do though I've recently found it pretty fun to color plaid patterns

no I wanna see them WIPs

also let me know if you just want to rant and brainstorm something, I will listen xD

October 28, 2022 01:11:25  #325

Oh shoot my bad I haven't updated you at all! I'll get to uploading the wip tmrw or on the weekend.

Idk I feel if I had to choose text or a pattern I'd do text, though tbh I've done neither on drawing clothing. But I feel text could be easier for me.

I say the same goes to you!

Time

October 30, 2022 21:58:52  #326

Well, only on the condition that your active and stuff, because I wouldn't want to waste an update post and you wouldn't be around to see it!

Time

November 8, 2022 18:37:45  #327

hello yes I still exist I apologize for suddenly evaporating

November 9, 2022 01:46:24  #328

Hello

No dw. How has it been going for you tho?

I haven't been able to do too much, but I'll post soon!

Time

November 11, 2022 21:23:17  #329

Ok first up. Here is a first design with flats only, simple pose and stuff. Tell me what you think!

Last edited by Time (November 11, 2022 21:23:54)

Time

November 11, 2022 21:29:35  #330

Personally, I think it's ok. I feel like for another design, I want to use a coat similar to the one you proposed. It does give a "lab coat" feeling, which may play into that researcher/engineer kinda design. 

I think the goggles are actually a good addition now bc I want him to have headgear but I can't really think of something rn other than them that could work

Time

Board footera