HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 26, 2023 19:04:45  #241

Re: The Pequod- Ishmael's Homethread

The description intrigues me so much I now want to go to an IHOP just to see what it's like

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 12, 2023 00:03:29  #242

Jeez Louise sorry I dropped off the face of the earth

Anyways hello hello I have returned. I was on spring break and did absolutely nothing, it was nice

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Season's grievings to us, one and all!

March 12, 2023 00:10:38  #243

Getting back into Warriors has consumed my thoughts a little bit. I gotta remember what my plans were for GGaD

I had a dream that was structured like one of those "I got 100 people to simulate [xyz] in Minecraft" and it gave me a half-baked Ishmael resurrection idea and I don't even know if it would make sense I tried to explain how it got to that point

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

March 12, 2023 03:23:55  #244

i got 100 people to resurrect God in forengard

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAaaaaand i've reverted. Yay! there was too much sand in my lungs, anyways.
I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.
refer to me in the same manner the french refer to flesh.

okay that's all i'm going to cast divine skeleton bone blast now

March 12, 2023 22:01:23  #245

I didn't write it down when I should've because surely this would be the time I remember everything necessary but I think it was something along the lines of he comes back as just a normal dude and later dies and becomes a deity again

It was either that or toying around with the concept of primordial deities. I kind of think of them as there was some thing or concept that was powerful/important /on the forefront of the human psyche enough that it created a physical form. Like Orphos appeared once mortals started bartering and he's become more powerful with the advent of capitalism/commerce. I think my line of thinking was that there would be enough people that "believed" in Ishmael that he would come back but would be fundamentally different because he would be at the mercy of the perception that others had of him but I dunno

Call me Ishmael.

March 13, 2023 00:41:39  #246

My dorm has no heating I'm so excited. It's below freezing tonight. Thankfully I'm a little nest building gremlin with too many blankets. 

I don't know if it's actually been fixed since it stopped working so this may just be an ongoing heating loss that has lasted several months. At least spring is on the way so I can complain about it being too hot soon 

Call me Ishmael.

March 13, 2023 01:37:39  #247

Primordial deities huh. I was kinda thinking of them too not to long back.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

March 18, 2023 02:21:24  #248

Bless Steam's Spring Sale, just got both Ori games and Red Dead Redemption II for about $30

Call me Ishmael.

March 22, 2023 05:05:05  #249

I gotta get the fuck out of Ohio dawg I feel like I'm about to get hunted for sport

Call me Ishmael.

March 22, 2023 05:07:20  #250

Sorry I haven't been responding to posts the little guy who lives in my skull has decided we're having a depressive episode

Call me Ishmael.

March 22, 2023 11:18:12  #251

Bro actually lives in Ohio?? Is it what they say?

No dw I get sometimes you just gotta back up for a bit.

Time

March 24, 2023 06:20:55  #252

It's everything and worse 
In other news the guy that stalked me and my friends (among other things) finally got expelled from campus. Love to see it

Call me Ishmael.

March 25, 2023 00:48:36  #253

Great!
Stay safe Ishmael, stalkers on your campus is definitely not what I want to be hearing from you but at least he's gone now :/, keep an eye out on your surroundings and definitely avoid going out at night.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

March 25, 2023 06:33:32  #254

It happened last year and I was far from his primary target (I'll keep it vague but my experience wasn't a typical one so I had no grounds for a police case and I had no involvement in his hearing. Others did) But I'm very glad it was resolved

I promise all of this is so wildly outside the norm of people that go here and I'll be okay. I 'm guessing someone up in administration started clearing pending cases so they just kind of got clumped together. I'm honestly just happy things are moving now. Took them a year and 9 months to expel the stalker guy and around 3 weeks for a student who wrote slurs on people's doors

Call me Ishmael.

March 26, 2023 00:39:21  #255

:')
Yeah just keep an eye out in case Stalker Guy tries anything funny after being expelled ig. Never hurts to be careful.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

March 31, 2023 03:46:12  #256

Slept 17 hours straight and missed all my classes but it is what it is

Call me Ishmael.

March 31, 2023 06:03:58  #257

On another note I got my classes scheduled for the fall after I finally (finally) officially declared my major! I'm taking ecology, an introduction to wildlife management course, some stuff about environmental policy and activism, and a ceramic tilemaking class! Super duper excited about it. I've decided to not do a communications minor and I'm going for a natural history minor instead! The classes very closely align to my major and all I'd have to take would be an ornithology (birds!) class my junior or senior year to get it, so I'm really stoked about that.

I'm doing my best to pull myself out of my slump I've been in to finish out this semester on a good note. I only have one official class next week but I do have an exam and a paper to write, although I don't think it will cause me too much trouble. After that I get a few days off and then I start my intro to astronomy course! I'll have a lot of time on my hands while I take it (it's the only class I'll have for 3 weeks) so I'm planning to crochet a 6-foot long millipede in my spare time. 

Have I ever crocheted before? No, but I think it's funny to have that be my first ever project and I'll do anything if it's For The Bit

Call me Ishmael.

March 31, 2023 08:17:57  #258

congrats on deciding on a major! ecology is a very cool thing to study

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

March 31, 2023 08:45:52  #259

Oh boy oh boy! That's great, and the classes sound really cool too! I'm always glad to read when you talk about your studies because it feels like something you really enjoy :D and that's great.

Oooh crocheting, I think it's definitely easier than knitting haha. I hope you have fun with it :3

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 31, 2023 12:09:56  #260

Nice to hear that you've decided. Sounds interesting.

I also looked at your signature and I think it's the first time I've registered that you are 20.

Time

April 1, 2023 03:06:49  #261

Neco arc...

Call me Ishmael.

April 1, 2023 04:13:42  #262

I just realized we passed the 3 year anniversary of this forum! Cool!

Call me Ishmael.

April 2, 2023 00:16:16  #263

Finished my whiplash playlist so now I have an 8 hour playlist of a bunch of random genres while I work on things! The novelty of it helps keep me focused

Call me Ishmael.

April 2, 2023 00:18:10  #264

I am beginning to realize that it may not have been the best idea to put things from the Fer.al soundtrack in it because it makes me a little sad but I'm hoping a new context will help with that feeling. I really love the soundtrack but it brings up a lot of memories I haven't quite been ready to tackle until now

Call me Ishmael.

April 2, 2023 01:17:38  #265

necoarcfanishmael wrote:

I just realized we passed the 3 year anniversary of this forum! Cool!

Wait what's the anniversary of this forum??

necoarcfanishmael wrote:

I am beginning to realize that it may not have been the best idea to put things from the Fer.al soundtrack in it because it makes me a little sad but I'm hoping a new context will help with that feeling. I really love the soundtrack but it brings up a lot of memories I haven't quite been ready to tackle until now

Dam... that's tough.

Time

April 2, 2023 03:14:18  #266

All I remember is it started around march 2020

Call me Ishmael.

April 4, 2023 02:41:11  #267

I was Too Silly and now I'm nocturnal again. Super fun thing to be doing headed into finals week

Call me Ishmael.

April 5, 2023 01:45:23  #268

I've hit the nastiest art block I've ever had and I hate it because I've got a lot of Creative Energy bouncing around and nowhere to put it. There's such a heavy disconnect between what's in my head and what I put down that I'm getting frustrated and it feels like a chore to just power through it. I really wanted to get a couple ref sheets going but even using bases instead of starting from scratch isn't cutting it

The most I can muster is drawing up a couple Clangens and even then I can only draw so many warrior cats lol

I'm hoping I can work through it over my break next week because I feel like I've spontaneously forgotten how to draw. The stress I've been under lately has probably contributed to that (watching the United States speedrun a trans genocide will do that to you I guess!) which lowkey sucks because I usually do artsy fartsy stuff as an escape and now I'm just playing minecraft for multiple hours a day instead

Call me Ishmael.

April 13, 2023 11:15:44  #269

Finals are done! I'm on a break until next Tuesday. Unsure if I'll be active during that time, I've been under enough stress to kill a horse lately and I'm just trying to slow down and hang out with my dog lol

I'll get some replies done today at the very least

Call me Ishmael.

April 14, 2023 23:32:58  #270

Every time I'm home I stumble into rewatching Friends but it's always the last couple seasons and I don't care enough to keep tabs on it so I'm like "oh they're dating again?" before realizing it's a rerun

Call me Ishmael.

Board footera