HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 21, 2023 04:39:26  #181

Re: The Pequod- Ishmael's Homethread

I don't think it has to be memorized actually. The grading's based on presentation more than memorization

Also sorry I haven't been terribly active, I got sick with some sinus gunk so I wasn't having a great time lol

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Season's grievings to us, one and all!

January 21, 2023 06:29:13  #182

Born to make cool-lookin edgelord OCs

Forced to be unable to actually draw them

I just know Prospero would look neat but I get so frustrated trying to draw people *sob* if I'm not good at something immediately then it's obviously not worth it /s

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

January 21, 2023 23:47:16  #183

I woke up at 4pm today so now I’m gonna be wrestling my sleep schedule into submission the next couple days. Gotta love college

Call me Ishmael.

January 22, 2023 13:41:38  #184

4 PM!??

That is wild

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

January 22, 2023 22:39:33  #185

My strategy did not work and I woke up at 6pm today lmao. Pulling an all nighter to reset

I've been trying to get my sleep schedule to be normal this year because I haven't had a normal once since middle school and it's not great for my mental health/energy level/pretty much everything but I like doing things late at night because there's nobody around to bother me. Bit of a vicious cycle there but it is what it is. I've decided my drop dead point is around 2AM (which is still awful) but it's done good

What sucks is that having a routine is so good for me (because autism) but I constantly search for novelty and struggle to maintain habits (because ADHD) so everything I try to do is just spinning a wheel to see if it's going to help or hinder 

Call me Ishmael.

January 24, 2023 03:09:44  #186

Did my lil poem thing and it went... okay. I have a hard time standing still in one spot for myriad of reasons, so having to do that for something I'm already nervous about is extremely difficult and I know I was visibly shaking lol. The fact I couldn't walk around was torture because that's how I usually speak to a group because it's more informal and that's how I was taught to keep attention. But I didn't die or pass out or have a panic attack in front of 15 people and I'm very proud of myself. I've dropped out of classes over assignments like this so for me to power through this as a first assignment is pretty much unheard of and I'm really glad I was able to stick it out.

My poem was The Listeners by Walter de la Mare if anyone was interested : )) It's only 36 lines but my professor was kind of flexible about that as long as the lines had substances and weren't just one or two words

Call me Ishmael.

January 25, 2023 00:33:48  #187

Very nice! Great to hear you stuck too it!

But what I think was tomfooleries is that you didn't get to walk around. I always find speakers who pace around are usually more captivating.

Time

January 25, 2023 02:00:04  #188

My problem is that I don't pace, I circle. It works when you're trying to tell a dozen teenagers about rocks and need to keep them engaged but I can't make everyone do a 360 in their seat to track me around the room lol

Call me Ishmael.

January 25, 2023 02:57:31  #189

One of the things I hate about college is that I can't see my dog very often at all. I miss him so much and I wish I could take him with me as an emotional support animal. I know it would help me a lot, but I would have to train him pretty intensely for that and it wouldn't be fair to him or my siblings who are also away from home. I must subsist on bugging my parents for pictures while I'm away

Call me Ishmael.

January 25, 2023 03:45:38  #190

Aw, that's ruff ): though I'm curious as to how he's doing. Is he doing alright? Eating enough? Exercising?
I hope you get a break soon so you can visit him or something too :D

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

January 28, 2023 03:52:13  #191

He's doing really well! It's taken him a long time to feel comfortable but he's actually starting to do dog things now. It was only within the past 8 months or so that he started barking in front of us (he still mostly only does it in his sleep) and I've been trying to make sure my parents are managing his weight because if he could have it his way he'd sleep 22 hours a day and he doesn't need to be carrying extra pounds when he's getting a little up there in age and had joint problems before he came to us. He does like walks but he's very particular and he's not exactly built for athletics. He's able to jump on the couch but there are times where his body is so long and his legs are so short that he miscalculates and he just kinda.... bounces off of the side of it lol

Call me Ishmael.

January 29, 2023 01:17:54  #192

That's so funny to imagine xD and yeah sleeping 22 hours a day probably isn't too good for health lol (*nervous glancing to side*)
Maybe he'd be able to relate to some cats, who also miscalculate stuff they do

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 30, 2023 01:50:36  #193

His behavior is honestly more like a cat than a dog. He's affectionate but it's really only on his terms

I'm not gonna lie when I'm home I'm usually the one napping with him lol. He kicks a lot but I'm chronically cold and he's my little space heater so I put up with it

Call me Ishmael.

January 31, 2023 01:58:32  #194

The water main on my campus broke they had to shut down a road and dig a giant trench to fix it. My dorm wasn't impacted but they shut off the water for half of the residence halls and I was very close to hosting a sleepover in my dorm so that my friends could have access to clean water. Having that many people overnight is technically against the rules but I literally could not care less, I stopped giving a damn after they messed up the heating in the buildings so bad I was treating people for heat exhaustion because it broke on a weekend and they couldn't get anyone out until a weekday.
They managed to get the water back on so I didn't have to host a sleepover, but we're all under a boil water advisory for the next day or so. AND the water is absolutely disgusting now because they were messing with the pipes-- in the buildings most effected by the main break it looks more like black tea than tap water. A couple of us swung by Walmart to buy testing kits to see what was going on (it's a temporary situation and the water just needs to keep moving through the pipes to clear it up but we were curious and this also isn't the first time the water has looked like this) and we grabbed various samples to test them. I haven't gotten to see the results yet but someone's throwing them on a spreadsheet tomorrow so we'll see how it goes, I guess???

Also I'm fine, I've been exclusively drinking bottled water since the beginning of the year because I hate the tap water taste here even when I filter it and I have plenty stockpiled and to the college's credit, they've been passing out bottled water to everyone else as well. I'm just going to avoid using the water for a couple days which sucks because I meant to do laundry today but I'll survive : )

I also had my third migraine of the month so that's pretty awesome

Call me Ishmael.

January 31, 2023 18:45:24  #195

That just sucks man. Water and heat and services breaking down. Just don't know what to say other than I hope things go back online soon.

Time

February 1, 2023 03:51:14  #196

Boil water order still in effect "until further notice" but my building is clear so it's going to be reasonably okay. Hoping it gets resolved before the weekend because they've closed a couple roads around campus to give themselves room and it's making it an absolute nightmare to cross the street because suddenly no one knows how crosswalks work

Call me Ishmael.

February 1, 2023 23:54:08  #197

Boil water order lifted (yahoo) but the heating in my dorm isn't working and it's 18 degrees outside and will only get colder. Currently wearing layers and wrapped in a blanket as I type

I do enjoy college but sometimes I wish I decided to go out of state and further south lol

Call me Ishmael.

February 2, 2023 02:18:06  #198

I've been so tired lately, I never do well in winter when the sun sets at 6pm but it's been particularly rough this year. Kind of glad that my morning class turned asynchronous while my professor does things so I can sleep in a little. Winter really does turn me into an old person

Call me Ishmael.

February 2, 2023 03:34:17  #199

Ishmael really is an old man

Time

February 2, 2023 14:13:11  #200

The class wasn’t asynchronous and now I have to turn in the thing we were supposed to do several hours late so that’s pretty cool. The professor sent the email saying so at 8am today and I woke up about an hour after the due date and have another class to go to so it’s gonna be great

Call me Ishmael.

February 2, 2023 23:47:32  #201

Time to play Stardew for 6 hours and pretend I don't exist

Call me Ishmael.

February 3, 2023 05:51:50  #202

Yup that was good

Call me Ishmael.

February 4, 2023 03:08:43  #203

might be inactive for a couple days, not having a Great Time right now. Though that might just make me even more active idk. We'll see I guess

Call me Ishmael.

February 4, 2023 03:14:08  #204

I don't even know why I'm so worked up rn which is the worst part because I can't fix it : (

Call me Ishmael.

February 4, 2023 03:25:26  #205

Ishmael, feel free to do whatever, and also feel free to rant (publicly or privately) if you want. Hoping you get better luck and believing that you'll get through this!

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 4, 2023 03:54:10  #206

Thank you Galaxian, I appreciate it :' )

Call me Ishmael.

February 4, 2023 20:21:44  #207

Yeah, what galaxian said. I'll have open ears if you wanna talk

Time

February 5, 2023 21:29:47  #208

I got a smart watch over the holidays to help me track my pulse and sleep (I have a funny thing where if I stand up too quickly/after lying down for a while I become temporarily blind and they think it has something to do with my blood pressure) but the watchband is irritating my skin : ( it's a silicone-type thing so I might need to go for something softer 

Call me Ishmael.

February 5, 2023 21:43:52  #209

oh hey the same thing happens to me. i always figured it was because dehydration

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAaaaaand i've reverted. Yay! there was too much sand in my lungs, anyways.
I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.
refer to me in the same manner the french refer to flesh.

okay that's all i'm going to cast divine skeleton bone blast now

February 5, 2023 22:52:33  #210

You most likely have an iron deficiency

Call me Ishmael.

Board footera