HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 19, 2022 22:34:19  #121

Re: The Pequod- Ishmael's Homethread

At a frustrating point with my art where my vision for a piece no longer aligns with my technical skill and it's sapping my energy to even start something. I want to draw my new design for Bliss but humans have never been my strong suit sob sob

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Season's grievings to us, one and all!

August 20, 2022 01:30:40  #122

Ishmael wrote:

I think it might've been an admin thing but I could have saved myself a couple hours by just. scrolling down my own page for a couple minutes to find it.

In all honesty I think for myself, the wiki update short circuited by brain since I can't find many mw threads anymore whether it be just me being too impatient for things to load or whatever. Is all your mw stuff still there?

Ishmael wrote:

At a frustrating point with my art where my vision for a piece no longer aligns with my technical skill

Heyyy I can totally see that happen to me in the near future yayyyyy! It's just instead of humans its background and perspective with that background. As well as lighting, and maybe just using knowing how to properly use my art software. Basically everything I'm not good at in art lol.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

August 24, 2022 00:42:01  #123

Sorry I disappeared for a couple days lol, was busy moving in to my dorm! I start classes in the morning. I'm hoping I have a better time this year. I've been working on setting up a support system and holding myself accountable and I think what I need to do this year is get married to the grind and just keep at it and not let myself slow down (within reason)

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

August 24, 2022 21:14:36  #124

Nah its all good.

But yeah. Get that grind! Within reason and healthiness of course.

Time

August 25, 2022 03:33:39  #125

Just realized I don't have a playlist for Felix! Time to fix that

Call me Ishmael.

August 26, 2022 19:00:02  #126

hi ishmael! thought id stop by! how’s it going?

Gumy 

(Formerly known as Jade)
(semi-IA)
18 || she/her
plural system (i got guys in my head!)
Enjoyer of Gingkos and Cycads 

August 27, 2022 23:52:06  #127

YOOOOOOO

It's going good! Glad to see you back around

Call me Ishmael.

August 28, 2022 04:42:27  #128

Shoutout to the group of guys that stood outside my dorm room talking to each other for an hour and a half, and making me feel like I couldn't leave because they were talking about very personal things (albeit loudly) and was paranoid that they would think I was eavesdropping. I was really hungry and I wanted to go eat and I ended up just sitting on my floor eating off-brand froot loops while waiting for them to leave. Go to college kids, highly recommend

Call me Ishmael.

September 1, 2022 03:06:33  #129

Ishmael wrote:

Just realized I don't have a playlist for Felix! Time to fix that

I didn't forget this! 

(Fun little Prospero thing thrown in there for spice)

Call me Ishmael.

September 4, 2022 23:02:04  #130

I am FIGHTING to not get back into my DreamSMP hyperfixation, that shit was a nightmare

I genuinely enjoyed the content but I was neck deep in discourse at all hours of the day 

I make a conscious effort not to interact with the fandom/community because most of them are minors making mistakes [which is okay!] and I’m too old to have people trying to doxx me lmao 

I still need to watch Wilbur’s finale stream… him and Quackity and Ranboo and Philza are probably the only people I care for. I miss early DSMP when it was just loosely constructed bits and there wasn’t this massive amount of pressure from fans to deliver movie-quality plot and content from a bunch of people, the majority of them being under the age of 25 

Call me Ishmael.

September 4, 2022 23:37:50  #131

Thinkin about new GGaD OC…. Jackalope archer….

Call me Ishmael.

September 4, 2022 23:57:36  #132

Yoo I was actually thinking of making an archer as well

Time

September 5, 2022 00:13:47  #133

Call me Ishmael.

September 5, 2022 02:04:17  #134

Definitely a good tool for envisioning your character yes. Also good custom figures for tabletop.

But heyyy also look at that the archer I was thinking about making was going to have at least some nature influence as well

Time

September 5, 2022 04:32:30  #135

Heck yeah!!! I’m still figuring them out, I might lean towards more of an earth nature than plant nature because god knows I’ve got enough planty people running around lol

i think that’s literally the only element i don’t have covered right now

Call me Ishmael.

September 5, 2022 15:40:43  #136

Ishmael wrote:

I am FIGHTING to not get back into my DreamSMP hyperfixation, that shit was a nightmare

I genuinely enjoyed the content but I was neck deep in discourse at all hours of the day 

I make a conscious effort not to interact with the fandom/community because most of them are minors making mistakes [which is okay!] and I’m too old to have people trying to doxx me lmao 

I still need to watch Wilbur’s finale stream… him and Quackity and Ranboo and Philza are probably the only people I care for. I miss early DSMP when it was just loosely constructed bits and there wasn’t this massive amount of pressure from fans to deliver movie-quality plot and content from a bunch of people, the majority of them being under the age of 25 

1st off, absolute mood. DSMP was fun but Twitter is rancid abt it. 2nd) if you liked the fun improv style of dsmp then I cannot recommend lifesteal smp and empires smp enough they’re so fun

Gumy 

(Formerly known as Jade)
(semi-IA)
18 || she/her
plural system (i got guys in my head!)
Enjoyer of Gingkos and Cycads 

September 5, 2022 20:00:25  #137

I got into Hermitcraft for a little bit during Tommy's exile arc because I was not in a space to watch that unfold in real time, I've heard good things about the lifesteal smp! I might get into that once I need stuff in the background to write papers to

Call me Ishmael.

September 5, 2022 20:25:02  #138

Thinking about a mortal thing that becomes a deity completely by accident. Like there's a dying mortal nearby with an ambrosia flower and some random deer eats it and becomes a deity. It doesn't suddenly become sentient, it's literally just an immortal deer that gets powers and it has no idea what's going on

Or a bee pollinates an ambrosia flower and its entire hive becomes a collective deity

oh my god wait what if I make my jackalope archer a deity and they were just a regular rabbit that ate an ambrosia flower

Call me Ishmael.

September 6, 2022 02:45:25  #139

Forgot how much deity forms take out of me, that's fun

I usually sit down and fill out a form in its entirety in one sitting, and the bulk of the time I'm working with only a vague idea and making up the rest as I go. Janus's form took me about 4 and a half hours, a good hour of that being random research of hare species and rabbit body language and seeing if I could shamelessly steal anything from DnD (I don't think I ended up taking anything but there's probably something in there subconsciously)

Excited to throw them into the ring if they're accepted

Call me Ishmael.

September 7, 2022 00:56:51  #140

4 1/2 hrs in one sitting? Yesh a long time indeed.

I too steal tabletop vocab and ideas and stuff for characters.

Time

September 8, 2022 19:43:09  #141

SHOUTOUT TO QUEEN ELIZABETH 

I have beef with the British monarchy and I think this is the beginning of the end of public-facing royal family. She was the one who really put them in the spotlight and her son is in his 70s and he's not exactly a charismatic old lady

Call me Ishmael.

September 8, 2022 23:52:40  #142

Watching people defend a racist old woman that was a symbol of literally hundreds of years of oppression, slavery, and genocide that her family directly benefitted from is a trip

The way people automatically try to cleanse the wrongdoings of people just because they die is always wild to me. I got into it with someone because they were like "she made mistakes" like I was cancelling an influencer and not someone who used her political prowess to bend and even REWRITE the law to her will and defend her son against a bunch of horrible horrible things

I had to leave that conversation because they were saying I was 'disrespecting the dead' 

Newsflash I didn't respect her when she was alive either, I'm just committing to the bit

Call me Ishmael.

September 9, 2022 00:31:06  #143

Every time I make a thread I have to wrestle with myself about what song I'm gonna throw on it for the Vibe because I love doing it

But I have two in mind for my Anatina plot thread / possible deity intro / me roleplaying like 6 people at once maybe / but I also want to play it super loose because I have the most fun when I throw y'all into a setting and instead of having the focus be on my actions, I will adapt my plans depending on responses so like, in a way I'm just being a DM in every single thread I write which makes all of my characters PCs and NPCs at the same time

I genuinely love the organized chaos of managing multiple of my characters at once in one thread, it keeps me from getting bored because there's Always Something Going On. I also think it makes for a better experience when there isn't literally 12 people trying to participate in one conversation or event and there's a lot of other, smaller things going on.

BUT I'm also just hardcore hyperfocusing on GGaD right now and I feel like I need to get everything moving as fast as I can before I lose that energy

I guess this is your warning to get your affairs in order, because as of right now I'm looking at what seems to be shaping up to be at LEAST 3 different plot hooks in one thread because I have so many of my guys in Anatina right now lmao

Depending on how I slice and dice it, it could very well end up being 6

Y'know what, I'm the master of my fate and the captain of my soul, I can have as many songs for my thread vibes as I want. I'm girlbossing

Call me Ishmael.

September 9, 2022 02:00:44  #144

I'm creating a monster, I just got done writing a recap since it's been two years since I've touched this plotline and it's already a full page in Google Docs. I haven't even written the actual starter yet

Call me Ishmael.

September 9, 2022 02:06:30  #145

Just realized my forumversary was this summer, I don't even know how many years I've been running around with all of you for. I think this is the 6th? That's weird to think about. That's over a quarter of my life

Call me Ishmael.

September 9, 2022 04:28:34  #146

I limited myself on the thread to start out with so I don't bombard you all but the bees in my brain are buzzing

Call me Ishmael.

September 10, 2022 05:32:37  #147

Thinking about buying a subscription for Dropout so I can watch Dimension 20's latest campaign, but I could also wait until this season ends in October then I could conceivably only pay for 1 month and binge all of the episodes in that time. But it's also literally $6 a month and it's not that bad and I wouldn't have to wait if I got it now

Call me Ishmael.

September 11, 2022 08:50:49  #148

I've got to get my sleep schedule under control because I'm stupid and now I'm like,,, functionally nocturnal and that's not very good

Call me Ishmael.

September 11, 2022 13:05:27  #149

Not very good indeed very bad Ishmael.

Hmm... If I was in your position I'd wait a month because I like binging

Time

September 12, 2022 03:09:46  #150

I love watching Hermitcraft videos because they'll be talking about mundane stuff while zooming around at mach 5 on an elytra, then go "what the heck is that" and spin towards some half-finished build of a giant Cookie Monster sculpture with elf ears, then shrug it off after a couple seconds and continue speaking nonchalantly about clearing thousands of trees or flattening a mountain by hand or some other wildly insurmountable task like they're going out for milk.

They're so surrounded by each other's excellence that they're almost blind to it and it's so funny to see as a casual player. I won't touch Redstone with a 10-foot pole and they think item sorters are "early game". 

Call me Ishmael.

Board footera