HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 13, 2021 10:05:55  #1

The Pequod- Ishmael's Homethread

Hello hello, it's me, everyone's favorite forum boomer /s

Hopefully y'all are doing okay!

I'll be using this thread as a multipurpose thing to talk about my characters (GGaD and otherwise), whatever the hell I'm currently hyperfixated on, and whatever else comes to mind.

I'm gonna try and be more active here, but I have an awful habit of "out of sight, out of mind" where I legitimately will forget things exist, even if it's a group of people I've been with for like 4 years lol

Nothing personal, I promise! I just have a hell brain. I'll probably end up setting reminders to check here until it becomes habit 

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Season's grievings to us, one and all!

April 13, 2021 10:10:27  #2

Re: The Pequod- Ishmael's Homethread

Let's kick this off with a rough outline of what I think would be a good excuse for my characters to be gone for an extended period of time that's the least intrusive to other plot points :thonk:

• Ishmael has been missing for over a year after being killed by the Masked Ones

• Orphos has gone into hiding to avoid consequences related to this, taking Bliss with him

• King Felix has been run out of his kingdom. Prince Prospero challenged him to a duel, and when they fought, he poisoned the king with his blades. King Felix was near death when a Bushbeast with the head of a dhole burst from the ground, grabbed the monarch its jaws, and disappeared back underground. Figura has been looking for the former king ever since.

• Prince Prospero is now King Propsero II. He has effectively cut all contact with neighboring kingdoms, and Anatina retains its standing as an agricultural powerhouse, however they are rapidly gaining wealth as they charge exorbitant prices for their crops.

• Gevar acts as the leader of her flock, which are used as enforcers in Anatina.

• The Jackal and Eagle have disappeared from public view, as well as from other Masked Ones, leaving them to their own devices. The Raccoon has taken this opportunity to move to a volcanic island full-time. Shiloh visits frequently, though it’s unknown what is transpiring there.

• The Hyena has become somewhat of a cryptid, inadvertently terrorizing a medieval town by living in the forest nearby and consuming the souls of local wildlife to survive.

• Milo is dead what a loser lol

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

April 13, 2021 10:21:32  #3

As soon as I figure out how images work on this site it is over for you all, I will not shut up about Feral and you will have no choice but to see my characters and I will do my best to drag you in there /hj

Call me Ishmael.

April 13, 2021 10:27:12  #4

👀👀👀

Wait I see your sig
Have you been in my kitchen o.o

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 13, 2021 10:35:36  #5

he returns

glorious

*clap.mp4*

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

April 13, 2021 23:55:35  #6

look it's gramps

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

April 16, 2021 08:17:14  #7

I have 10 eggs hatching on Flight Rising tomorrow, I'm excited to see how they turn out. I finally got around to writing down my breeding pairs so I don't forget whose genes I like together. I hope I get some pretty ones!!

Call me Ishmael.

April 16, 2021 08:23:40  #8

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

👀👀👀

Wait I see your sig
Have you been in my kitchen o.o

Yes, you need to dust

Call me Ishmael.

April 16, 2021 09:57:25  #9

Ooh gl on the FR eggs 👀! Also being organised what’s that

Last edited by Effervescence (April 16, 2021 09:58:10)

Ephemeris
>>>><<<<
she/her | ambivert | signature in progress

May 18, 2021 08:23:15  #10

I don't know why it's so difficult for me to remember to check in here my god

I'm just chillin ig

Call me Ishmael.

May 18, 2021 09:56:17  #11

Hi just chillin ig, I'm Time

Time

September 12, 2021 22:27:09  #12

Hello! How is everyone? Still chugging along over here? Seems a little slower than before, but I hope you’re all doing well.

I worked at camp over the summer for the first time since COVID. I didn’t realize how much I missed it. I turned 19 as well! I’ve been in college for about a month now, I’m majoring in environmental studies and I’m going to work at the wildlife rehab/education center that we have nearby as well. I’m excited about the future for the first time in a long while.

I REALLY want to get back into GGaD. I think about it often, and I miss it terribly. I know I keep saying it and never following through, but I really want to get more active around here. I feel bad about dropping off the map so much and I’d love to come back to my roots a little.

Besides, I’ve got so many loose ends in Forengard that need tying up!

Call me Ishmael.

September 12, 2021 22:33:18  #13

Good luck tying up loose ends with most older RPers being inactive xD
19 is old. You old. Ishmael old
I think you would maybe be proud to hear I took AP Environmental Science last year :eyes: anyways cool, college owo. I nearly asked which one lol I'm still as dumb as usual as you can see.
I just realized that once you grow up even more, I can ask you how you retain your hope in humanity :0 yesss one of my dreams will come true 

Btw I think the Jackal would be glad to hear that the Mamba and the Cheetah have prioritized making LEGO structures over collecting souls :D does this count as selling characters out

Regardless of whether you actually follow up on your desires (regarding roleplaying, and yes I have to word it like that), I'm glad you dropped by and am sure everyone else is too.  

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

September 12, 2021 23:00:40  #14

owo hi Ishmael!

You old

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

September 12, 2021 23:21:49  #15

Ishmael is decrepit

Like Galaxian I am taking AP enviro rn actually. Important stuff indeed.

As for hopping back in or not. It's nice that you showed up to see how everyone is doing. Even if you don't end up hopping back into GGaD we'd enjoy just hanging around and talking. I think we do more of that than rp as of know (or at least for me)

Time

September 13, 2021 10:41:52  #16

Hey there Ish! Nice to see you around again :D it's always good to see an update hehe.
I'd joke about your being old, but I myself am aging xD so... well, you're an old man, Ish xD. It's cool that despite being older you still check in. I think that's cool. You're cool xD.
Environmental studies!! That's neato! How's college? Is it fun? Maybe lots of work? Glad to know you're looking forward to the future :D.

I'd be very happy to see you participate in the roleplay again! Your plots and characters are very interesting, so it'd be a real treat to get to see and RP with them. And well Galaxian already told on what our Masked Ones have been doing xD I hope the Jackal doesn't get mad xD

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 13, 2021 23:32:35  #17

Jackal’s got… other things to deal with than errant Masked Ones ;)

I am getting old haha. My joints are achy and I’m not as limber as I used to be. Good luck with your AP courses, Time! Hopefully they aren’t too hard on you, I’ve heard they can be pretty nasty. 

College has been pretty good so far! It’s a bit of an adjustment, but it’s going well. I don’t have too much work to do. Really the most stressful thing as of now was scrambling to get a class dropped and adding a new one before the deadline. I’ve never written so many emails at one time before haha

I managed to get a whole dorm to myself, too! COVID protocols actually working in my favor for once. I’ve never had this much space to myself in my life, which is kind of sad since it’s a 12 x 18 foot cinderblock rectangle, but I hope I can get something like this in future years, too. There’s a nearby cafe that is selling plants for $6 so I’ll hopefully get some greenery for my space. I miss my plants back home ;-;

Call me Ishmael.

September 18, 2021 22:39:47  #18

Essays suck and I don’t think they’re a good way to measure performance because they’re so subjective

But what do I know about education

Call me Ishmael.

September 18, 2021 22:57:50  #19

So what would you think are good ways to measure performance?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

September 19, 2021 03:15:16  #20

Ew why does it automatically converts my emojis like that

I’m not sure what would be a better way, it’s just that the way all my essay assignments have been structured have been more like “okay how well can you regurgitate information” and not really if whatever is learned is being internalized

Call me Ishmael.

September 19, 2021 08:52:54  #21

I don't really like essays that much

But if you tell me I can write a compare and contrast opinions essay about anime--

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

September 19, 2021 10:12:42  #22

essays are easy when they're about interesting stuff.

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

September 19, 2021 10:36:32  #23

Yeah it's really easy to talk about something you want to talk about lol

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

September 19, 2021 22:16:20  #24

As of now, I'm styling on my AP courses, I'm expecting to be slammed later.

But rn history and Computer animation are the scary ones, history is more consistent with scary stuff, computer animation was just because I was animating for 11 hrs straight today and I hated that so right now I hate animation (probably will return to liking it tommrow)

Time

September 20, 2021 04:28:41  #25

Good luck on your tests Time

I need to get my sleep schedule back on track, but I pinched a nerve in my neck I think and I’ve been in too much pain to sleep. I couldn’t leave my dorm to go to the dining hall because I didn’t trust myself to walk down stairs (I live on the second floor) so I’ve subsisted off of a couple cereal bars and microwave popcorn I have stashed away.

For the past couple hours I’ve just been moving my head into positions where it hurts the most and breathing until it stops hurting and finding another pain point and repeating the process. It’s worked surprisingly well and I can hold my head normally again, but the whole ordeal is exhausting. I’d be okay if it was localized pain but it keeps shooting down into my arm/shoulder which is why I think it’s a pinched nerve, which really sucks

Call me Ishmael.

September 20, 2021 09:14:34  #26

Hope you feel better soon. Pinched muscles are never fun.

September 20, 2021 12:41:54  #27

Thanks

Hope you get feel better soon and get that sleep schedule back on track. Both are never fun.

Time

September 20, 2021 15:56:57  #28

Ouch, that sounds bad... I hope you're feeling better today though! Hoping you can get a nice full meal too :-)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 20, 2021 17:12:13  #29

Hope you feel better soon, Ishmael! <333

Lavender

Your Friendly Neighborhood Not-So-Great Stalker

Hmm, this looks interesting...

September 23, 2021 03:41:18  #30

I no longer feel awful and I’m like 95% back to my full range of motion, but I think I figured it out— I tend to crack my joints under stress or really if I’m just fidgeting, but it’s usually just my knuckles and occasionally my wrists. I crack my neck when I’m really feelin it, and I have a monologue for my theater class I had to memorize (and I’m performing it today and my brain has refused to retain a single bit of it, but that’s not the point), and I think I cracked my neck enough that I pinched a nerve, because it’s on the side that I roll in order to crack it. So I just have to not crack my neck because it will not relieve stress and instead deliver unto me days of excruciating pain : ))

Call me Ishmael.

Board footera