HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 7, 2021 18:15:52  #31

Re: (@Marsh) Well, sneaking around a palace is fun!

He seemed just dazed off, staring at his plate with a blank expression. His face would twitch a little and his mouth would move a bit as if speaking, but he didn't make any audible noise or any actual expression.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

April 7, 2021 18:26:10  #32

Elaine waved a hand in front of his face "hello? Earth to uh whatever your name is, you good dude?"

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
----------------------------------------
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 7, 2021 18:40:41  #33

Apollo jerked, seeming a bit startled.

"Huh? Did I miss something?"

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 7, 2021 18:46:36  #34

Elaine ignored his question, "ok you better explain what that was just now because it was like super weird."

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 7, 2021 18:51:50  #35

"Daydreaming~ Uhhh... Maladaptive daydreaming, to be specific."

Apollo shrugged and then continued to eat.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 7, 2021 18:54:41  #36

"...what the heck is Maladaptive daydreaming?" She asked, her food forgotten in pursuit of answers to her curiosity.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 7, 2021 19:01:30  #37

"Ah, it's like, uh, when someone excessively daydreams and stuff," Apollo tried to explain. "And it gets in the way of doing things like eating and working and stuff like that. Like, it can be triggered and stuff, like by music or stuff like that. For me the smallest things get me dazed out, haha. Well, really, it's a lot more than that, I guess, but I dunno how to explain anything very well. I just know it when it happens. Luckily, who snapped me out of it pretty quickly. Who knows how long I would have been thinking."

He shrugged again.

"But I love daydreaming, so who cares if I don't eat! Daydreams are a million times better than reality, don't you think? In daydreams, everyone can be happy! In daydreams, nothing bad can happen. Mmm-hmm, daydreaming is the best!"

Apollo seemed really happy with his statements.

"What do you think about daydreaming?"

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 7, 2021 19:12:13  #38

Elaine blinked "..that sounds like the uhhh what's it called um... ah, the dissociation thing Fran says Marsh always does, like an escape from reality." She frowned, "Isn't it dangerous if it happens in the middle of a battle? You said anything could trigger it right so what if your fighting someone and bam a daydream happens. Though... I guess a world where everyone is happy all the time does sounds pretty nice.."

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 7, 2021 19:58:40  #39

"Hm, well, as long as I'm not fighting a deity and the mortal I'm helping escapes, it should be fine," Apollo said.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 7, 2021 20:09:48  #40

"Oh... Hm, I wanna experience this Maladaptive daydreaming thing, sounds fun." It sounds more like a demand, like she was demanding to enter a Maladaptive daydream that instant.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 7, 2021 20:15:41  #41

"Well, I mean, uhhh..."

Apollo thought for a moment.

"I suppose I can offer something close to that. I can force you into a daydreaming state, if you want. It's not exactly the same, but I guess it's close to it."

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 7, 2021 20:20:32  #42

Elaine quite literally went ":0" for a few moments before snapping impatiently "Well then do it!"

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 7, 2021 20:21:13  #43

(not me just realizing this entire time Elli hasn't even properly introduced herself lmaooooo)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 7, 2021 20:32:03  #44

(XD mood)

"Okay, okay, chill for a moment. I need you to be relaxed."

Apollo was searching through his bag. He pulled out a little golden drawstring pouch. He opened it, revealing some white topaz pieces.

"Okay, are you sure? I will have to pull you out of there immediately if you accidentally make the world... corrupt. Not that I'm too worried about you doing that, but I'm just warning. If you refuse to let me snap you out of it, you might actually go insane. It's... happened to some people I knew."

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 7, 2021 20:37:46  #45

"Right, as if I'm unlucky enough for that to happen." She said rolling her eyes, "yes I'm relaxed, just get on with it already!"

(gdsjfhsjhfsj I suppose we'll just have to see if Apollo ever ends up learning Elaine's name by the end of this thread..)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 7, 2021 20:50:28  #46

(Well, she did mention her name at least once)

"Okay, okay, Princess."

Ironic.

He moved closer to Elaine, scooting her food to the side. In front of her, he created a circle shape with some of the topaz. With the rest of it, he created a diamond shape in the middle of the circle.

"Hold still."

Apollo took his index finger and gently poked her on the top of her forehead. He moved it downwards to the tip of her nose, and then traced a circle shape in the middle of her forehead. Where he touched had a tingly feeling, warm to the point of almost burning her skin.

Apollo retracted his hand and said, "Last chance to deny."

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 7, 2021 20:58:31  #47

(oh wait she did, jdhfhsfh my memory is so bad lmao)

"One, I'm a queen, don't ever call me princess again. And two, I'm not a coward who backs out of stuff, so stop drawing this out crow boy." the nickname just slipped, she's so used to giving the people around her weird and random nicknames that it just sorta happened.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 7, 2021 21:04:49  #48

"Raven, actually," Apollo corrected. "But whatever you say, Princess." He definitely was dragging this out and calling her that because she attacked him earlier, and he also found it kind of funny.

He clapped his hands twice.

"Ονειρο."

Elaine was immediately thrown into a daydreaming state, her conciousness now filled with whatever she would daydream about.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 7, 2021 21:32:31  #49

Cake, that is what Elaine is daydreaming about. Cake, out of everything in the world it's cake and there's mountains of it. Chocolate cakes, red velvet cakes, coffee cakes, sponge cakes, carrot cakes, pound cakes, any and every kind of cake. you name it and it's there. Undoubtedly Elaine had a sweet tooth and apparently cakes were just a thing she seemed to really really like. There was miles upon miles of cake, cake as far as the eye could see and Elaine was living in pure bliss. It felt like one of those absurd dreams, the kind where you don't question anything until you wake up and realize how weird it was. Though this is a daydream so it made sense...sorta.

A voice suddenly called from behind her which startled the goddess, "My queen! You have returned! Hurry, we must save the kingdom from the big bad dragon in the East!" A cartoonish slice of cake wearing a top hat and a monocle exclaimed.

Ah yes, the typical 'I'm the main character of a fantasy rpg game' daydream but with a sugary twist. The same typical plot, big enemy wants to destroy kingdom, hero saves kingdom, hero get's praised and given a huge reward, of course Elaine likes that type of story.

(Djsdhfjshf idk how to write daydreams so I just took a page out of my own daydreams and gave it a bit more elaine if that made sense. I usually daydream about some kind of fantasy rpg moment since I'm currently way to obsessed with genshin and that has had a toll on both my character designs and my own creative thinking..)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 8, 2021 05:57:29  #50

(owo tho)

Apollo spectated the daydream, watching Elaine carefully. To be honest, it wasn't the strangest daydream he watched someone create.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 8, 2021 10:51:05  #51

It goes the way a typical rpg game would go, full of unexpected side quests and cake related puns. Nothing seemed to be out of order and Elaine was enjoying the experience very much.

Frances (yes I didn't forget his existence) who's now all cleaned up, walked back into the dining room and just stood there, frozen for a moment, trying to assess the situation. "What did you do her?" He growled, drawing his sword and pointing it at Apollo (which is dumb because mortals can't even kill immortals) (when will frances stop trying to pick fights with literal gods).

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 8, 2021 11:21:11  #52

Apollo lazily waved his hand.

"Oh, she wanted me to force her into a daydream. She's fine."

Frances could probably see a golden glow where Apollo traced on Elaine's forehead. If her eyes are still open, the colour had turned into sunset colours.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 8, 2021 11:28:27  #53

Frances is fast, inhumanly fast so he's by Apollo's side in an instant. He held the blade up against the God's neck, "And why should I trust your words? If any harm were to befall her, you'll be the one to pay." If looks could kill, then Apollo would probably be dead by now because Frances is glaring at him with murder in his eyes.

(shfgshfgshf overprotective Frances go brrrrrrrrrr)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 8, 2021 11:36:13  #54

Apollo glanced down at the blade then back up at Frances.

"Well, I mean, you don't have to trust me, but if something happens to me, as in if I'm decapitated-" Apollo nudged the sword with his hand. "-or killed while she's in that state, then she might not be able to come back to reality."

Apollo shrugged, as if this wasn't a big deal.

"So I would put the sword down. Anyway, she seems pretty peaceful at the moment. I think she's happy."

Apollo leaned back in the chair, a small smirk on his face. He was amused by Frances' protectiveness.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 8, 2021 12:26:39  #55

Frances hesitated before putting his sword away. If what Apollo said was true then he didn't want to risk possibly harming Elaine in any way. After mulling over his options in his head, Frances resigned to  ̶p̶l̶o̶p̶p̶i̶n̶g̶  sitting down in the chair next to Elaine, arms crossed over his chest as he glared at Apollo.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 8, 2021 13:00:45  #56

Apollo stared at Frances for a moment with a satisfied smile. He then looked down at the white topaz in front of Elaine and spectated Elaine's daydream again, checking if everything was okay.b

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 8, 2021 13:33:19  #57

Everything seemed fine, Elli is now strolling through a candyland type area with the same cartoony slice of cake narrating something. It was saying something about needing help from the prince of candyland in order to defeat the Big Bad Dragon of the East, which seems to be the dragon's actually name, kinda stupid but what did you expect from Elaine of all people.

Frances is fidgeting a lot, tapping his foot on the ground, playing with the hem of his vest, adjusting his tie from time to time, "So..how long is she gonna stay like that?" He asked, worry laced in his voice.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 8, 2021 14:12:55  #58

"Hm, I will probably pull her out once this daydream is done. She's getting some plot in at the moment. It might be a while before it ends," Apollo said. "Or whenever she wants out."

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 8, 2021 14:33:55  #59

"..Fine I'll believe you for now since it doesn't seem like you've harmed her in anyway." Frances has stopped glaring at the god but still kept a close eye on him.

You know those rpgs that turn into a sorta dating sim but not really? Yeah, somehow Elaine has gotten herself into one of those which honestly, isn't surprising in the least since she's a touch starved and affection starved girl who's been holed up in her castle for months now. We have the classic, classic romantic rivalry between the golden prince in shining armor that everyone loves and adores and the big bad evil dude who is really mean and is an absolute jerk but the main female lead still fancies him for whatever reason. Of course there's still the pressuring issue of saving the kingdom but well...that can wait right?

Right, this daydream might be a bit longer than planned as Elaine seemed to be subconsciously drawing it out for as long as she can.

(Geez I'm starting to use british slang, why does writing Elaine always make me so..british)
(Why do I keep imagining her with a british accent?)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 8, 2021 14:36:14  #60

(At this point I'm just winging it because I have no idea what I'm doing... IMPROV!)
(let's hope my improv skills are decent enough for this lmao..)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

Board footera