HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 16, 2021 09:17:22  #511

Re: (@Marsh) Well, sneaking around a palace is fun!

"what in the world..." She muttered to herself as she observed the shadowy figures. Elaine decided to lean back against the wall and just watch as this absurdity continued. She's clearly curious as her eyes followed Apollo's movements with interest and amusement, slightly laughing at what he's wearing.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
----------------------------------------
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

June 16, 2021 12:02:22  #512

Apollo continued dancing. At one point, for a split second, he opened his eyes and looked directly at Elaine. It was pretty quick, and his body is moving fast, so it's likely Elaine didn't see it unless she was observing details deeply.

A small shadow humanoid figure appeared and looked up at Elaine. It was the size of a small child. It doesn't have any detailed features, but it's almost like it smiled at her. It then moved and sat down beside her, staying away at a little distance.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

June 16, 2021 15:56:40  #513

Elaine was startled by the sudden eye contact but before she could say something her attention was captured by the small child. She felt unsettled and uncertain, staring at the figure as if it was some kind of strange alien "what are you?" She asked bluntly, the question slipped out of her mouth before she could stop herself.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

June 16, 2021 16:18:13  #514

The shadow child figure tilted its head and then looked away, looking over to Apollo. Apollo's voice came from it, despite it's lack of a mouth.

"They're not alive, silly," Apollo spoke through the humanoid. The actual Apollo was still dancing, seeming to not be bothered by having to control so many things at once. It was almost like he was in two places at once.

"They're... I dunno! Shadows, I guess. I call them my little shadow puppets! Aren't they cute like me?"

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 17, 2021 10:32:27  #515

Elaine jumps "wh- huh- how- what," she stuttered looking from Apollo to the child then back at Apollo again. Her mouth hung wide open in shock as her brain tried to comprehend this sight.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

June 17, 2021 12:14:12  #516

The real Apollo slightly smirked as he danced.

His voice from the shadow kid said, "Impressed? You seem impressed."

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 17, 2021 12:22:37  #517

"I- Impressed! I'm not impressed, why would I be impressed!" Elaine denied "I've seen so much in this world that phasing me is impossible! It's just...weird." Her eyebrows scrunched up as she glared at Apollo "It's unsettling so stop it!"

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

June 17, 2021 14:37:07  #518

"But it's making you have a cute look on your face and it's super funny!" Apollo said, the shadow tilting it's head again. There is a lot of teasing in his voice, obviously just him trying to be annoying again.

"I bet you're definitely impressed!"

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 18, 2021 17:41:46  #519

Elaine pouted and quickly turned around ready to leave. Her face was burning with embarrassment so she's attempting to get out of there before Apollo notices. Elli was sure Apollo would tease her to no end if she stayed even a second longer.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

June 18, 2021 17:54:57  #520

Apollo stopped dancing, opening his eyes. The shadow kid faded away and was soon gone.

"Huh? Where are you going? Are you bored? You can dance with me if you want!"

He smiled politely. He didn't really want her to leave. Ruin refused to dance, preferring to guard Apollo, so Apollo was actually a bit lonely, hence why he was using the shadow puppets. They temporarily gave him a sense of being in a group, but they weren't real people so it was pretty artificial and felt too much like faking.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 19, 2021 15:44:02  #521

Elaine stopped in her tracks, she had no reason to accept the proposal, she knew that, but still somehow part of her wanted accept the offer. Maybe it's cause Apollo is the first friend she'd made in a long while, or maybe it's cause she's been so lonely all these years, cooped up in a castle. Turning around, she doesn't look at Apollo, scared it'll reveal just how flustered she is, but she does ask him a question, not wanting the god to have the last word. "Is that how you ask a lady to dance?" She held her hand out as if waiting for him to take it and whisk her away, What in the world are you doing right now Elaine.

(OwO flustered elli?)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

June 19, 2021 21:14:28  #522

Apollo gently took her hand and pulled her into a waltz position, his excitement to dance with someone intense enough to make his irises shift into a vibrant gold.

It had been years since Apollo had danced with someone. Last time he had danced with another person... it had to be when he was teaching his siblings. How many years ago was that? Apollo tried to remember how old he was back then. He wondered in a wave of sadness if his siblings would be amazed of how he danced now, and he wondered of the possibility of at least a few still being... Oh, he shouldn't think of impossible things like that, it would get his hopes too high.

Apollo grinned at Elaine and muttered under his breath, the music changing into a more ballroom-dance type music that would fit waltz.  Magic? More than likely.

"I'm assuming you were taught to dance?" Apollo asked.

He carefully asked his, not wanting to accidentally upset Elaine and have her leave before they could even begin.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 22, 2021 17:31:53  #523

"Of course I have," Elaine scoffed as if offended apollo would even ask her such a question. Confidently she sets her hands in the proper position, one on his shoulder the other resting gently in his hand "I'm more scared of your ability to dance, if you step on my feet I will kick you out."

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

June 22, 2021 17:56:54  #524

Apollo lightly laughed, "I've been dancing since I was a little kid, so you have nothing to worry about. I've taught people how to dance as well, so it would be a shame if I was bad at it, wouldn't it?"

So, uh, now they're dancing together. Nice transition lmao.

Apollo's expression rested into a more neutral, but focused, emotion. He seems a bit nervous too, but it doesn't show up much outwardly like his seriousness.

Really, since it's been years since he's danced with someone, Apollo is praying to the gods he doesn't screw up and make a fool out of himself. It would be too embarrassing for him to handle if he actually did step on Elaine's foot, especially after boasting! Would she really kick him out? Apollo didn't want to test that out.

His dancing is extremely balanced, and it's almost like he could dance in his sleep. Actually, he probably could if we wanted to. He has great muscle memory. He's careful to not step on Elaine's feet.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 22, 2021 20:59:07  #525

This close to Apollo, Elaine is starting to notice some of the details about him that she never really saw before. He's actually pretty cute when he's not being annoying- the thought had caught her off guard and sent blood rushing to her cheeks. Elaine could feel her face heating up so she suddenly turned her head to the side in an attempt to hide the blush. The gears in her head are working overtime, trying to comprehend just what exactly happened, just what exactly she had thought.

(Hehe flustered elli is cute)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

June 22, 2021 22:32:03  #526

(bwhdjsnfnwn my heart-)

Taking this as the perfect moment to describe some of Apollo's features, as the Narrator likes to do with no shame, the Narrator is gonna narrate what Apollo looks like up close.

Starting with his left side of his face, he has a beauty mark at the corner of his eye. On the other side, he has freckles dotting his cheek. On the same side of the freckles, half his neck has swirling tattoos, the colour navy blue. His eyes are still in the intense gold colouring, almost glowing and highlighting how deeply focused he is. But there still is that childish excitement lingering from the pure joy of dancing. He has a sharp jawline and a triangular nose that Apollo himself thinks is too big. His eyelashes are thick, and looking closer Elaine could probably tell he is wearing eyeshadow and mascara. He has lipstick on too, it seems. Apollo's bangs frame his face, although the middle section seems a bit wild and needs to be trimmed. Something about it, though, somehow looks nice.

To be honest, he is extremely pretty. Even without makeup, it wouldn't be hard to say that he's attractive.

When Elaine turned her head, Apollo got nervous.

"Is something wrong?" Apollo asked, wondering if he stepped on her foot without noticing. Aw, jeez, he didn't even get to apologize for earlier and he must have already screwed up! Apollo didn't let this disappointment show, but instead kept a concerned look as he was very concerned indeed.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 23, 2021 11:50:18  #527

"Huh!" Elaine exclaimed, his words snapping her out of her thoughts "oh uh no, no. Nothing is wrong at all um.." She swallowed, trying to find her composure and her words. Elaine is avoiding all eye contact with Apollo, too embarrassed to even look at him. It's like her brain short-circuited as she stumbles over her words "I uh um yeah, uh y'know, just uh..."

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

June 23, 2021 12:31:40  #528

(Bwjfkakfke mood tho)

"Uhm... okay?" Apollo is a little confused, but he continues their dance with no fail. Apologizing is still on his mind, so he doesn't realize that Elaine is flustered, especially the fact that she's flustered because of him.

Apollo was really battling with his pride at the moment, but he knew he needed to apologize. It would be better to do it now than later, especially since they're alone. It would be more... embarrassing? Sure, embarrassing if he had to do it in front of other people.

"Uh, so, about earlier." Apollo spoke nervously. "I wanted to apologize for being annoying and then... getting upset." He slightly laughed at the end. He then smiled and said light heartedly with a more convincing laugh, "You really chewed me out. To be honest, I definitely was being annoying. So... yea... uh, anyway, I'm sorry... for being annoying and stuff..." 

Apollo sucks at apologizing, so he now has a very awkward look on his face. He watches Elaine carefully for her reaction.

"Oh dear gods, that was lame..." Apollo thought.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 23, 2021 15:09:55  #529

Elaine's eyes met his this time, she looked surprised, startled by the apology. Her steps faltered for a split second but instinct and muscle memory quickly kicked in. She seemed speechless, after all the apology was the last thing she expected to hear "Oh uh, it's ok... I mean it's not okay because annoying people get on my nerves but like it's okay because I don't mind as much when you're the annoying one... Uh what I'm trying to say is I uh forgive you."

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

June 23, 2021 20:12:41  #530

Apollo beamed, extremely happy. He has dimples. Apollo didn't say anything else, just continuing to dance with her.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 27, 2021 19:12:48  #531

Her heart skipped a beat and she found herself unable to tear her eyes away from the god in front of her. For a few moments Elaine allowed this feeling to last, it was familiar and safe, she was no stranger to love after all, but this feeling it's dangerous. She suddenly looked away from him and with quick and graceful maneuvers she removed herself from Apollo's vicinity. "Sorry I uh, gotta go, I um have something planned with Frances, yeah uh. I'll cya then.." She was a stuttering flustered mess as she turned to hurry out of the room.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

June 27, 2021 20:31:44  #532

"Huh? Oh... okay."

Apollo watched her leave.

Before Elaine exited completely, he yelled, "Oh! Thanks for dancing with me!"

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 28, 2021 09:19:19  #533

Elaine's footsteps quickened as she hurriedly left the room, not even giving Ruin a second glance as she passed by.

(..hmm time skip again?)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

June 28, 2021 12:10:13  #534

(Yea, I'd say so. You can choose where they meet up at)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

July 4, 2021 13:56:46  #535

The next time the two deities meet is when Elaine rudely barges into Apollo's room. Without warning, she threw his guest room door open and waltzed in like she owned the place (which she technically does).

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

July 4, 2021 22:13:17  #536

Apollo was laying on his bed... kinda. He's hanging upsidedown off the edge, which is quite amusing.

He's dressed in his usual clothing: the white "shirt" that resembles a similarity to ancient Greek clothing, the navy blue spandex turtleneck shirt under that, puffy pants, and golden jewelry. His hair is out of it's braid, long locks flowing and basically sprawled across the ground. His hair is usually to his feet when down, so it makes sense that the way he's laying would cause his hair to spread out like that. His wings aren't anywhere in sight, more than likely so he could lay comfortably on his back.

Apollo looked up from his phone, a neutral expression on his face.

Ruin yelled at Elaine, following in right after her, "Hey! That's no way to treat my Lord! At least knock or ask to be let in!" He then immediately knelt down, bowing to Apollo respectfully and continued to yell, "My Lord, forgive me! I will do better guarding next time!"

Apollo gave a slight smile and told Ruin, "It's okay. I wanted you to relax, remember?"

Ruin looked like he wanted to say something but he held it back, standing up to his feet.

"Yes, my Lord! I will attempt to relax!"

Ruin is very tense. He quickly walked out of the room, leaving Elaine and Apollo alone.

"Wassup?" Apollo said, putting his phone away.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

July 5, 2021 15:40:58  #537

Elaine glared at Ruin as he left, displeased at how he had yelled at her. "You should keep a tighter leash on your dogs, I don't have a very high tolerance towards being yelled at you know." The sharp words slip out of her mouth, she has yet to master the art of thinking before speaking. "Anyways," Elaine said nonchalantly "I came for my daydreams."

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

July 5, 2021 17:31:40  #538

Apollo was quiet for a moment, staring at Elaine blankly. Then his expression shifted to something darker.

"Don't call him a 'dog'," Apollo said, sitting up right after. "If you must call someone a dog, then by all means, call me one, but never call him a dog, got it?"

His tone was unnaturally aggressive for someone who is usually mellow, his eyes harsh when he said those words. He meant what he said, he didn't want Ruin to be dehumanized like that.

He stood up and stretched a bit, not in much of a hurry. His face shifted back into that neutral expression before he grinned, "Okay, yep! Seems like you waited long enough. Sit down or something."

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

July 6, 2021 13:21:29  #539

Elaine narrowed her eyes at him, she found it weird how he defended Ruin. Ruin is supposed to be his servant, his position is lower than that of Apollo's so why is he defending Ruin? Elaine's brain cant seem to wrap around how Apollo acted so she just internally shrugged it off and sat down on the edge of his bed.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

July 6, 2021 14:01:03  #540

Apollo grabbed his bag and pulled out his topaz pieces, setting up the symbols.

As he did so, he said, "You know the rules, Princess. If the dream corrupts, you have to let me pull you out or you'll go into insanity or whatever, blah blah boring stuff."

He then stood up and poked her forehead, starting to create the outline. Forehead to tip of nose, and then tracing a circle on her forehead. Easy.

"So, yea, follow the rules or bad consequences. It would suck for you to lose your mind, wouldn't it? I wouldn't like for that to happen, especially when you have a kingdom to run. Hm. Last chance to drop out of this."

He smiled slightly.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

Board footera