HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 22, 2021 20:23:29  #61

Re: High time we got one of these ~ Chat thread for Time and Spec

sorry, as in as of currently, would she be unaware of the location of her village?

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

October 22, 2021 20:25:09  #62

Oh!
Yeah I think she still doesn't know.
Forengard must be a pretty big place, and anyways she isn't interested in going back at the moment (and probably never lol).

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

October 23, 2021 01:29:22  #63

Hmm... ok then. I think it conflicts a bit with my original idea of Time knowing or at least having a hint of what is there, in the fields, or wherever the town is. So maybe we'll have to modify that part.

Time

October 24, 2021 17:29:16  #64

Oh okay! So how do you want me to change it? It can be that Yvonne knows, but still she doesn't want to go back. Or like she did get into the wheat fields but originally wasn't aware of their connections to the village lol

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

October 24, 2021 19:39:43  #65

Idk, I feel that Yvonne would want to go back and visit or something. Would she? Her parents and stuff are all there aren't they? If she has any?

Also for the people inside, can they see outside or no? I thought they like had the same surroundings as the outside world, just that if they walk too far from the village they just loop back to it.

Time

October 24, 2021 22:04:01  #66

It's complicated,,,she doesn't miss her family because they never had any major ties. Like, they were assigned the role of family, but Yvonne doesn't have memories of growing up except a few scenes of a childhood that never actually happened.

Idk, I think maybe some can. Probably by expert use of magic or something. And yepppp! That's a good idea, I think I should tweak my thoughts.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

October 24, 2021 22:07:56  #67

Another reason for Yvonne to not go back is that after experiencing life in Forengard she grew to resent the "conformist lifestyle" in the village. 
Like from her point of view nobody ever did anything to actively better the situation or to give themselves a proper future. And the pessimism of the always possible disappearance for eternity. 
Btw that's where some of her habits come from lol, there's like a very lazy general attitude in the place because they don't have to do anything in order to survive.

People in the village aren't very tightly-knit in general, with exceptions ofc.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

October 25, 2021 00:31:05  #68

Oh I see I see. It was established that Everyone just popped into existence and they don't age, right?

Oh nice little insight to her habits.

We could go with the idea with Yvonne not wanting to go back. Ik she's your character, but for some reason it just doesn't seem like her from my standpoint.

Hmmm...

How about this, in order to reach a compromise on our ideas, I suppose we should lay out some criteria and see what can and can't work, and see even if our criteria fits.

So I'm getting from you that Yvonne wishes to have no attachment or is unaware of the whereabouts of the village, correct? If she was unaware, would she want to find it? (I'm assuming not really?)

Time

October 25, 2021 09:38:33  #69

Yep that's correct

Ok, so what kinda criteria do we need?
I said the Clocktower is her new home now. If she were to go back then maybe it'd be something like a short visit, and I guess maybe Time can figure out a way to enter and get back out without trouble? I can change her opinion on returning, but what should at least stay is that she wouldn't want to go back to live there again.
I think she would have an interest in finding it, but it's not really a priority.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

October 25, 2021 10:38:44  #70

Now thinking about it. Idk why she would even pay a visit lol. She doesn't really have much of an attachment or anything.

As for Yvonne and her opinion on it... idk I think that shouldn't really effect my thoughts. So I'm pretty sure you can make it whatever you would like.

It's just I'm thinking is that time would definitely be interested in researching the location around the village and stuff. If he knew there was a hidden village there. That's my side of the criteria

Time

October 25, 2021 17:02:17  #71

Yeah that's kinda what I was thinking at first lol.
For real? Well okay then lol I guess my idea stays. But like always, if i come up with something better or if I change my thoughts a bit, I'll let you know.

So you mean like if Yvonne told him the location? 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

October 26, 2021 00:11:03  #72

Well that's where it's more undecided as of the moment.

Time could have a vague idea of what's there by simply studying the magic area, and this is one of the regions he's more interested in due to the origin of the higher magic levels. As you said before it's probably thing he does all around Forengard.

Or...

Yeah! Maybe Yvonne can tell him more of his origin. Do you think Yvonne would give off special magic waves/vibes/aura or something?

Last edited by Time (October 26, 2021 00:11:18)

Time

October 26, 2021 10:19:30  #73

What about both? An interest plus more interest thanks to info. 
I think that Yvonne would in fact share more with Time. I think he'd have to ask her first though lol. 
I'm not sure about the last part. If Yvonne were to radiate some kinda magic or sensation then it'd be kinda easy for others to notice something off about her, and I want her to appear as normal as possible. Maybe only to mages lol (but wouldn't that make pretty much everyone in the Clocktower aware of something going on?) or maybe something related to the feeling of her eyes, since I keep mentioning they're so beautiful and stuff xD. I dunno for real lol. 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

October 26, 2021 22:42:02  #74

Hmmm... ok then

So currently there are two thoughts in my head on how this could work out. How Time could find Yvonne.

Either

He finds her purely though just whatever, separate from the dreamwalker village

Or 

He finds her though connecting knowledge of the dreamwalker village

Time

October 27, 2021 13:07:35  #75

My original idea was that the meeting happened by pure chance, but ngl it'd be interesting if he found her by connecting knowledge. Another idea is, maybe Yvonne did have that magic aura you suggested earlier, but after meeting Time she requested to have her aura erased? Is that possible?

This makes me wonder for how long Yvonne has been employed to Time. Because I never narrated her getting employed and her "intro" already had her being there, I think it could've been a very long time. Like maybe even before Chronos arrived. I like that idea lol but what do you think? Could we make it work? Does it fit in your timeline?

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

October 28, 2021 00:25:32  #76

It could happen by chance, but Time likes to research and scout his potential employees.

But hey! That's a good idea. Time could cast a spell or something to suppress it and make it easier to hide.

I don't really mind. Everything with the Clocktower is pretty vague (bc I'm too lazy for details lol)

I wouldn't know exactly when Time and Chronos runs in with each other,  but I wouldn't see a problem of Yvonne being a member of the Clocktower before Chronos

Time

October 28, 2021 11:52:34  #77

Then I don't see any problem with him scouting out Yvonne.  I think the connection that could be felt wasn't very strong, so it probably took Time some time to find her maybe. But also this would make it easier to erase the aura, I mean erasing it in a way that doesn't require a spell to remain on Yvonne's being if that makes sense.

Hehe okay, thank you xD. 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

October 29, 2021 00:42:35  #78

He could also hear about her from word too. If that is possible. Like if Yvonne would do anything that would grab peoples' attention. Or maybe a bit of both techniques.

It would probably be something like teaching Yvonne to quiet down her aura.

Time

October 29, 2021 18:37:56  #79

Atm I don't have anything in mind that Yvonne could've done to attract attention, but I like the idea so yeah I think it'd be cool to go with it lol.

Ooh interesting

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

October 30, 2021 00:48:26  #80

Well, I honestly don't really have anything in my mind either. Idk if she's the person to draw attention to herself or anything like that, but I feel like she might not be from what I know.

Time

October 31, 2021 02:45:17  #81

Yeah, at least not on purpose. 
So maybe something while she got used to life in Forengard. Maybe something not too major, something like rumors of a person with strange habits maybe?

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

October 31, 2021 14:58:13  #82

Maybe, but that's quite minor. I suppose Time would pick up those rumors while passing through wherever she lived after getting kicked out?

I would think Time wouldn't gain too much interest in it, unless if those strange habits were like telling signs of an interesting magical person. Then he'll look into it. But maybe if he's already this close by to her he could sense some high magic potential in the area every now and then.

If this works, maybe the reason why he's passing through is that he's giving a check-up on one of his areas of worship? Like checking in with one of his mages who maintains a temple or something (although idk if he would have a temple as an area of worship, maybe a library or clocktower or something)

Last edited by Time (October 31, 2021 14:59:29)

Time

October 31, 2021 18:55:35  #83

Yeah, that could be. The magic potential makes more sense though since I think we already determined that it was the main reason Yvonne got hired.

Ooh that sounds interesting, up to you though

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

October 31, 2021 23:30:19  #84

Yeah. So maybe Time got word from one of his mages that were stationed at one of his... libraries, let's say, of a girl that frequented there. She sleeps a lot, and has a lot of magic potential due to unknown reasons? Maybe that could work?

Time

November 2, 2021 14:47:00  #85

Something like that could work mhm
But maybe we can leave that part kind of vague?

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

November 3, 2021 00:34:26  #86

Yeah sure, it was just my thought that maybe she'd be visiting a library to read up on the outside world or something. But yeah we can keep it vague if you want

Time

November 3, 2021 09:46:13  #87

If you want I can try to come up with something a bit more specific?

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

November 3, 2021 11:09:04  #88

Nah, only if you want to

So the origin of Time finding Yvonne will just be through is mages and contacts and whatnot

Time

November 3, 2021 18:10:28  #89

Yeah, I think that's all good.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

November 4, 2021 00:12:15  #90

Now, what else were we talking about? If there was anything else?

Time

Board footera