HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 25, 2021 09:58:33  #31

Re: High time we got one of these ~ Chat thread for Time and Spec

I think actually I'll leave it up to you on how the was killed. Maybe an explosion got him, or maybe a single target spell, with the human shield idea, your choice really.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

March 25, 2021 10:10:43  #32

Alright! Then, it's time to think xD

By the way, Galaxian posted the thread we were waiting for.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 25, 2021 10:20:51  #33

Oh, didn't see, thanks.

Time

March 25, 2021 10:58:52  #34

:D

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 25, 2021 18:17:56  #35

:D

Time

September 10, 2021 17:25:57  #36

Hi hi, just wanted to know if there's ever been a description of the Clocktower's library? I don't remember any so I was asking.
You're like the creator of the place hehe so maybe there's an odea you have of it. I obvs have my own headcanon and mental image but I wanted to check with you because I may or may not be trying to use that location as a drawing's background :3c

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 10, 2021 23:32:59  #37

Well, I usually envision it as a place with many, many bookshelves. High ceilings with shelves that meet the same height. I also envision it not just being on the first floor and stuff, but all throughout the Clocktower. The Clocktower I would say is more or less a giant library. But I would say at least in the very center, there's a ceiling opening that is consistent with most if not all the floors.

Since the Clocktower is larger on the inside because of magic and blah blah whatnot, I would think there to be many separate rooms or areas leading into other wings of the library. I also envision long halls with multiple floors of bookshelves on either side with a center row of long tables on the center floor. Something you'd think of when you hear of a prestigious library or university.

As for colors, I would think the interior would be a lot of browns, many different browns, with gold and silver being its secondary color (Well, maybe not actually gold and silver but maybe toned-down versions of that color.). To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if the place was decorated with other colors as well. Maybe a section is categorized with a flag or a vertical banner with a certain color or symbol. For these, I would think the extra colors here would be deeper versions of colors.

Am I giving a good enough description? I hope I am, please tell me if I can clarify anything.

Time

September 11, 2021 00:05:37  #38

Ooh I see, interestingggg...
The high ceiling detail matches with my idea :D. It's a pretty good description so thank you!
Just one thing: are there tables and places to sit in? I mean I guess there's chairs (lol this is a dumb question xD I'm sorry)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 11, 2021 00:07:31  #39

Oh and what kind of lighting is there? I imagined the place with a warm kind of light, yellowish or orangeish maybe, but I don't know what the source would be lol.
I kind of think of the library as a place that's just nice to be in, even though it's big and might be empty of people most of the time. If this makes sense.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 11, 2021 01:25:23  #40

No dw dw. Yes, the tables do have chairs to sit in. As well as lamps. As well as anything really expected a table would have in a modern day library.

Oh also yes. In general. The lighting is warm. Yellowish moreso than orange

I would think it would be a nice place to be as well. But yes. Due to the small staff of Clocktower mages (how many did I say again were constantly stationed at the Clocktower? 25? Maybe more or less?). It would be a pretty empty and quiet place.

I suppose every now and then a few mages show up to give reports. And some apprentices are there. But still pretty quiet

Time

September 20, 2021 17:09:03  #41

Oh oops I didn't notice I hadn't replied to this, sorry!
Another thing I didn't notice is that in your first description you had already mentioned that the place does have tables xD.

This is headcanon but I imagine that the floor has large bookstacks here and there, and in some places there are many of those. Maybe because those haven't been sorted yet. Sounds like a place with a lot of knowledge xD

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 22, 2021 15:48:45  #42

Oops sorry I didn't notice the post either lol

Yeah I'd agree with that. Books/scrolls/artifacts lying around either by mages reading though things or them not being sorted yet makes a lot of sense to me

Time

September 22, 2021 15:49:14  #43

Though I'm pretty sure Time and Chronos both wouldn't like it getting too cluttered

Time

September 22, 2021 15:54:23  #44

I think it also gives the place a special kind of feel, like it's not perfectly polished clean, you know? 
Well, Yvonne is there to help with that ;) she'll keeps books and scrolls sorted and organized, but she can't do everything at once hehee

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 22, 2021 17:29:31  #45

Yeah, I like that look a bit more. Not the super perfect feeling

She's got to take her naps too you know. Sleep is very important.

Do you think she's like, the main caretaker/librarian of the Clocktower?

Time

September 22, 2021 17:48:28  #46

It's nice xD
Indeed it is, especially for her.
I don't know, what do you think? I know she likes working in the library and iirc you once mentioned she could have her main job there.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 22, 2021 20:47:44  #47

I wouldn't think many would mind if it was her main thing to do around. As long as she doesn't end up drooling over priceless artifacts if she falls asleep

Time

September 22, 2021 22:20:21  #48

xD
She might sleep on books and scrolls, but she makes sure to not destroy any on accident

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 22, 2021 23:19:18  #49

Well, I suppose there wouldn't be any reason to have a more dedicated librarian. I feel she's certainly efficient enough, as it's noted she still has plenty enough time to sleep after getting her work done.

Of course, I feel that while she does this, others should help too to keep the place nice, it's just that if she has more authority over it than other mages and stuff

Time

September 22, 2021 23:24:24  #50

Yay, her position is official now! I'll see to add that to her page one of these days :D
Yeah it makes sense, there are rules for libraries after all

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

October 19, 2021 10:23:06  #51

Here's the chat thread, just bumping it up lol

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

October 20, 2021 00:33:37  #52

Well, I was hoping to first copy and paste info from our messages to here for easier reference, but guess not since I'm on mobile rn and it's harder to do so.

Well, currently my idea was that Time would definitely be keeping a tab on the place. I'm sure he would be paying attention to areas in Forengard with high magic numbers. But maybe he sent over some mages when he caught wind of magic tremors. Maybe find out what was the cause or what happened. Maybe he came himself. That's the first part of it.

Btw, have you thought up on why there were magic tremors or nah?

Time

October 20, 2021 08:29:15  #53

Hmm that's interesting! I think it's cool too because I mean I think it's something Time would do as a magic god.  It's something that really makes sense to me.
No, I haven't thought of a specific reason, but I had something in mind. Maybe something caused by the fluctuation of the magic source in the area, like a natural phenomenon turning into a natural disaster. Like, an earthquake y'know, like the tectonic plates release stress? Yeah the idea is that it was probably caused by something natural but on a large scale lol.
There's always the possibility that something external caused the problems, but idk how lol.

Lemme try to do a recap of our conversation. 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

October 20, 2021 13:41:10  #54

There's some magical entity that settled down somewhere in Forengard for a long rest. Magic, naturally occurring in the area, gathered around this entity and caused an enchantment. It would be hard for it to wake. Meanwhile, the magic continued to accumulate inside it.
During its sleep, this entity began to dream. It dreamed of a house, and then a peaceful village. First a family, and then more families. People who populated the village. Each of them had their unique personality, each of them was granted specific character traits and appearances. They interacted in the dream, as everything was peaceful.
For some reason, this dream began to manifest into reality. Fields of wheat spread around the entity, the village sprouted, and the people appeared on the world. And so, a self-sufficient town of people sprouted on Forengard, unable to interact with the "real world" yet not completely unrelated to it. The control of the dream's events was escaping from the entity's mind, but it still had power. It was the "deity" of the place.
We still don't know what this entity looks like but you said the placeholder appearance could be something like the Umibozu. 
Oh yeah also I said the area was a lot of wheat fields and it was probably hard to access it because the surroundings changed over time. Tbh the field thing is a whim from me because I like that setting lol.
The people from the dream are called Dreamwalkers. 
People from outside can't see into the dream, but some Dreamwalkers might be able to gaze into the outside world.
The event that triggered the instability of the magical area is well something we haven't decided yet, but I suggested something in the previous post.
There's more than one Dreamwalker in Forengard atm, but not many. I think maybe maximum 5? They're scattered all over the world and probably not all of them are alive in the present.
You compared Yvonne's magic to a Warlock but said it wasn't too similar.

I think that's a summary.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

October 20, 2021 23:12:45  #55

Hey, thanks for doing that. : )

Anyways yeah. So what I'm now thinking is maybe a big earthquake or something happened? And it effected the magic in the area to become reactive or something?

Or maybe in Forengard, there might be magic natural disasters in areas with high concentrations of it. It's natural too (well, at least from my view), right?

Time

October 21, 2021 12:59:06  #56

Hehe, np.

Probably. Hey, maybe it didn't only affect the magic, but maybe it also disturbed the entity and made the dream unstable. If that happened then it would be perfect for things to happen, right?
Yeah I headcanon that lol. But I don't think there's disasters in every magical place. Maybe it's kinda random, with some places having more disasters than others.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

October 22, 2021 00:53:56  #57

Oh, yeah, oops forgot to mention that. But yeahbi think that is what could make the situation perfect enough to knock out Yvonne and a few others.

Though what do you think Yvonne would do or what happens to her as soon as she popped out?

Time

October 22, 2021 10:02:25  #58

I think that too :D

Hmm it probably took a while for her to regain her bearings. And then she realized she was lost, so maybe she tried to figure out what in the world happened and where she was.
One thing I'm not sure is if she got thrown somewhere random or if she appeared in the fields. I'm really leaning towards the somewhere random, because she doesn't know where the original location of her village is and thus can't find her way back.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

October 22, 2021 17:09:13  #59

Like as of currently? You think?

Time

October 22, 2021 17:29:07  #60

Wdym xD