HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 17, 2021 18:01:01  #1

OK, my backup plan for those who wish to actually socialize with Marsh

It's a cloudy day in the modern sect and Marsh is sitting at the back of a small coffee shop, not unlike the one he used to go to everyday. It was one of those days where he gets really nostalgic and he always, always comes back here on those days. This isn't the exact coffee shop he went to ages ago, since that one has been taken down due to lack of customers or something like that, but it was close enough. It seems he's left his cloak at home today as it is nowhere to be seen, instead he's wearing a grey turtleneck sweatshirt and a pair of black jeans. Sitting at a table for two, Marsh quietly watches the world go by, occasionally sipping his coffee. He looks a bit lonely, perhaps someone would care to join?

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
----------------------------------------
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

March 17, 2021 20:51:50  #2

Re: OK, my backup plan for those who wish to actually socialize with Marsh

((LETS GOO))

Time was doing who knows what, probably on his way back from a magical errand, however, coincidentally he spots that death god. What has his name... Marsh? Yeah. Marsh.

He walks into the coffee shop and orders a coffee of his own and makes his way towards him. Probably that would take enough time for Marsh to notice Time.

Last edited by Time (March 17, 2021 20:52:12)

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

March 18, 2021 01:09:03  #3

Marsh recognized Time as that dude from the day he accidentally decapitated a man. He considered running away like last time but decided he was too lazy to do so, instead Marsh sank a little lower in his seat and prayed to cod that Time wouldn't notice him. That's wishful thinking though, since he's literally walking right towards him and there's no way Time didn't know Marsh was there. The death god took a sip of his coffee and sighed, there's no escaping socialization when you live in a cod dam society.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

March 18, 2021 12:12:28  #4

"Can I sit here?" Time asked, pointing to the seat across from Marsh.

Time

March 18, 2021 14:59:18  #5

Marsh sighed, "yeah sure, do whatever you want."

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

March 18, 2021 18:12:42  #6

Time nodded with a little, "Mhm," before sitting down, "You know you should do something about those eyes, being always out. They're very unique, it could bring attention that you wouldn't like, I would think, at least in this sector. Eyes like those are more common in the medieval and cyber sector."

Time

March 18, 2021 18:17:42  #7

"I know. Look, if you're just here to make fun of my appearance then I really don't care." Marsh said, glaring at Time.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

March 18, 2021 18:52:05  #8

Time frowned at Marsh's defensiveness, "Most of the deities I know don't care about appearance, most of us have at least one unnatural trait." Time pulled off one of his gloves that he usually wore in the modern sect. The right one, to be specific, revealing that this arm seemed as black as Marsh's eyes, "See?"

He wiggled his fingers a bit, causing some sort of dark dust to sprinkle down from his arm as if it was some sort of stone or non-organic material.

Of course, it was a public place with mortals but most were minding their own business and whatever.

Time

March 18, 2021 18:56:13  #9

Marsh ran a hand through his hair "Yeah, I just... I donno, defensiveness is a instinct at this point haha." He said, laughing it off, "That's pretty cool though." He looked at Time's hand "Does it like...tie in with any special powers you have or is it just for aesthetic?"

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

March 18, 2021 19:25:07  #10

"I was granted it when achieving deityhood. I'm mortal born, you see, I had my arm blown off, and deityhood gave it back." Time explained "Not only that but it's like... concentrated, pure, raw magic. I'm a magic god as well."

"Oh. I do not think I have actually introduced myself to you. Time, deity of time and magic." He extended his ungloved hand.

Time

March 18, 2021 19:29:58  #11

Marsh blinked, slightly confused by why Time was holding his hand out to him until he remembered that handshakes were a thing. Tentatively he took Time's hand "Marsh, deity of death, memories, and wishes."

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

March 18, 2021 20:46:51  #12

Time's hand felt weird to the touch as if it was made out of burnt wood, or sand? Or maybe cold marble. Anyways. It's because of 2 reasons 1. Time's narrator doesn't even know what it should feel like yet, and 2. maybe it constantly changed, like a form of undrafted magic or some sort.

"Nice to meet you, Marsh." Time let go and leaned back, placing back upon the glove, "So... death god, yeah? Tell me about it."

Time

March 18, 2021 20:56:53  #13

"...what's there to talk about? I can chat to ghosts and things, grant their last wish, it's quite simple. I'm not really sure what you want from me..." Marsh replied, taking a drink from their cup. The coffee is starting to get cold and Marsh frowns a little, maybe even slightly pouting.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

March 18, 2021 21:00:11  #14

"Really? I kinda expected... more." Time shrugged, "What about that guy you just decapitated? Why did you do that?"

Time

March 18, 2021 21:07:57  #15

"I grant ghosts their last wishes, I'm actually more of a wish deity now that I think about, anyways, one of the ghost's last wishes was for that dude to die so I killed him." Marsh said it like it was a completely valid reason to murder someone "It happens quite often, every few decades I'd get a wish like that one."

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

March 18, 2021 21:15:38  #16

"...So you decapitated someone because someone else wanted it?" Time seemed rather incredulous, "You don't place any limits on your wish?"

Time

March 18, 2021 21:23:21  #17

"...well if you put it like that then...yeah it sounds bad but also I don't feel guilty because he kinda deserved it. Also I only have very few limits on my wishes I can't make people immortal, can't bringing people back the dead, can't just make life poof into existence, but generally no. I can choose whether I want to grant the wish or not but yeah, no real limitations..." Marsh doesn't quite get why Time cared about them murdering people, the mortals were gonna die sooner or later anyways.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

March 18, 2021 21:32:59  #18

Time sighed, "Hm. You don't really seem like an ideal death god, with that. Or what I've conceptualized." He took a sip of his coffee, which in contrast to Marsh's was still pretty hot.

Time

March 18, 2021 21:41:31  #19

"Nope, like I said I'm more of a wish deity. I just enjoy talking to spirits more than live people, they're often nicer. And also they have quite unique point of views on the world." Marsh tentative took another sip of their coffee and actually frowns this time "It's cold, what a shame." They briefly wonder how long they've been there as they set their cup on the table. It's back to staring out the window because there isn't anything else to look at and they sure weren't gonna try to make eye contact with Time.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

March 18, 2021 22:49:41  #20

Well, Time is attempting to make eye contact with Marsh every now and thing, from occasionally looking to their surroundings or one of their coffee cups or whatnot.

"Well. I guess that death and memories are more of your sub-domains then? Hm?"

Time

March 18, 2021 23:31:35  #21

"You can say that..." Marsh replied, not quite paying attention to the conversation since a car in bright neon pink just passed by which had caught their eye, "This whole conversation we've only been talking about me, so care to share more about yourself Time? How'd you die? or well almost die then became a god..."

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

March 19, 2021 00:07:48  #22

"That's more personal and close to home, don't you think?" Time asked and sighed, leaning back into his chair.

Time

March 19, 2021 00:36:01  #23

"Fair enough... " Marsh replied, "spirits never really have trouble telling me their stories but I suppose it's quite personal for the living huh? It's amazing how willing people are to opening up once they have nothing left to lose. How about your abilities then? What can you do?"

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

March 19, 2021 10:05:18  #24

"I'm a magic and time god, what do you think?" Time said, "...Though I guess I should show a bit." He looked around for a bit to see if anyone was looking, then looked to marsh's cold coffee cup.

He placed his hand in front of the cup and turned it like he was turning a dial counter-clockwise. Marsh could definitely see a few turquoise sparks and a quick glimpse of a magic circle or two as he turned his hand.

"Why not try it now?"

Time

March 19, 2021 10:40:02  #25

Marsh stared at the cup warily then decided why not, what's the worse that could happen, and took a small sip. "Oh... it's warm now." They stated, taking another drink "...so uh how far back can you go in time? Is there a limit?"

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

March 19, 2021 11:11:43  #26

Time shrugs, "It depends. It's a complex thing, you know?" Time took a sip of his own.

Time

March 19, 2021 11:23:51  #27

"oh... can you go back... a few decades? Or is that too much?" Marsh wasn't even sure where they were going with this, but part of them had hoped that maybe... perhaps they could still.. fix everything. Foolish thinking

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

March 19, 2021 13:17:23  #28

"I don't know, as I said, it really depends on the subject. Why do you ask?" Time says, leaning back once again into his chair.

Time

March 19, 2021 13:23:03  #29

Marsh sat up a bit straighter "I uh.. nothing, it's nothing. There's no particular reason haha, I was just curious."

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

March 19, 2021 13:34:16  #30

"Well then, it's most of the time all about the reason or subject, and there are very few reasons I would say yes. So expect a no for most reasons in going back in time." Time looked from the coffee in which he turned the temperature back a few minutes, to Marsh's black eyes.

Last edited by Time (March 19, 2021 13:35:26)

Time

Board footera