HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 21, 2021 00:14:16  #1291

Re: [@Specter] Surprise surprise! Plot has arrived!

Dion moved one centimeter more. He squished his hands together. The slight frown didn't fade from his face.
"What could happen down there?"
Well, please don't make this harder, Dion.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

July 21, 2021 18:54:40  #1292

Wiley mutters with a grin, "You could totally get a seizure. C'mon, then."
Wow, reassuring.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

July 23, 2021 19:56:16  #1293

Showing a suddenly more disgruntled face, Dion agreed.
He kind of wanted to sigh. There wasn't much he could do in the situation.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

July 23, 2021 20:02:13  #1294

(Alright, wanted to note that there was going to be a character who belongs to someone else and was going to show up here, but because that someone else currently does not intend to return to the roleplay, I need a little bit to plan for this thread, so please give me a while to do so.)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 30, 2021 01:29:30  #1295

Rai gives a slight smirk. It's supposed to be halfway reassuring, but it's hard to see due to him already being a little turned away from Dion and Wiley. He gives a questioning look to Wiley.
Wiley points, except he's just way too exaggeratingly doing it. Well, at least he's not shouting. Seems like he does have a bit of sense, contrary to what one would think.
Rai saunters over to stand atop of the pointed area. It's only a few steps away from where he was before. He beckons for the other two to join him.

The scientist, surprisingly or unsurprisingly, doesn't get to doing that with enthusiasm. But one can only make a few steps so sluggish. Dion probably needs to move faster so to not create an unintentional parallel between himself and Wiles.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 30, 2021 10:52:24  #1296

Yes, Dion scurried over to Rai's side. It's not like he's happy about the situation either. But, well, he's there now, still angery.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

July 31, 2021 22:02:45  #1297

It takes a second after Dion steps into the area for the section of the land to seemingly start caving in, except instead of falling normally, the soil instead disintegrates layer by layer, guiding those upon it into a slow fall.
Despite his usual nonchalance, it's pretty obvious that Rai nearly scrambles to the side for a more solid foothold. He barely is able to hold himself from doing so with a straight face.
After a while, once they're in deeper than the top of their heads, the land above seemingly reconstructs itself, leaving them in pitch blackness.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 8, 2021 00:33:16  #1298

A long moment of internal panic for Dion (it probably showed on his face too, as always) because he had no idea of what would happen. It ended with him whipping his head all around in an almost cartoony show of surprise.
He wrapped an arm around himself once everything was dark. And then he bit down on the tip of his metallix index finger. The very faint shine coming from Dion's irises is barely visible in the darkness.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

August 8, 2021 00:46:07  #1299

"Why so surprised? We saw this before," Wiley points out, his voice gaining a husky quality from their surroundings. He does say it with his arm covering his mouth for the most part, though. "A little different from before, I'll admit, but not so much to gape over."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 8, 2021 01:04:58  #1300

A vague scritch and a huff were the only reply.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

August 8, 2021 01:15:33  #1301

It sounds kind of like Wiley bit back some sort of tease or halfhearted taunt because, for once, he leaves Dion's lack of verbal (and comprehensible) response alone, with only some noise coming from somewhere in his throat. Maybe he doesn't really want Dion screaming at him with red, puffy cheeks while they're trying to be a little inconspicuous. He totally wasn't about to call Dion a memory-baffled scaredy-cat, by the way. Totally wasn't.
"What were you saying way, way before this?" he asks Rai. "About pi six?" he adds on as elaboration, also maybe a little surprising, seeing as he hardly elaborates on anything.

"Oh." With that comes a little lift in Rai's voice. Hardly there, but still present. Maybe he's setting a mental reminder for something. "It was just that I came here before a while back. Quite a while back, now that I think about it. Nothing of concern."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 8, 2021 01:53:42  #1302

Dion listened, in silence obviously.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

August 8, 2021 22:40:31  #1303

"'Nothing of concern,'" Wiley repeats, in a somewhat mocking tone. He turns to Dion and says, with all seriousness, "Kid, know that if Rai says 'Nothing of concern,' there is probably something to be concerned about."
"I had more to say to elaborate upon," the cyber agent mildly argues. Ignoring the intended cue from the scientist (which is just Wiles raising an eyebrow while trying to politely be like "Please continue,"), he elaborates: "I may or may not have invited some people here, to this lab."
He tries to go on,
but Wiley's eyes widen a little bit.The whites of his eyes somehow show clearly even in the dark, but it's not as clear as how his voice rings out as he shrieks, "yOU MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE WHAT?"
Somewhere beyond the walls of the lift, something rattles.
Wiley's expression is plainly one of betrayal. Specifically, having been betrayed, instead of the other way around.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 9, 2021 01:20:16  #1304

"That's none of my business," Dion mumbled in a low voice that probably drowned out in Wiley's screech. He crossed his arms completely.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

August 9, 2021 02:58:06  #1305

The flares that seem to be emitting from Wiley's eyes do seem to be saying "Duh," mostly because if they were animate, they would be flaring towards Rai, not blushy boy.
"I know one of the two of them," Rai states flatly, apparently unperturbed by Wiley's sudden shout. He doesn't even raise his voice any. "He's not a bad person, and he certainly knows to not draw attention to your place and you. I'm sure his companion of sorts also knows not to do that." He seems to be poising himself for delivering an explanation.
Wiley seems to have cooled down, or whatever one would call it when he's standing there stock-still, watching Rai intently. His eyes are honestly bright enough to bore holes in walls at the moment, so it doesn't seem like he's completely chill. But then again, "chill" isn't really a word used in accordance with the name "Wiley I. Perrault."
"Y'know why they know not to do that?" the agent asks rhetorically. "It's because they don't have a home, and they're usually being chased by those who want to kill them." His gaze grows a little more intense as he matches Wiley's gaze, forming an odd parallel between them. "So, he found me, and asked for aid. I imagined that even if you were there, you would agree as well; and I pray that I did not guess wrongly in this matter."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 10, 2021 01:29:50  #1306

Dion continued to stand to the side and listen to the exchange. He hoped they wouldn't actually bump into any of the other people in the lab.
(I question how much sympathy Dion has)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

August 10, 2021 01:49:23  #1307

Wiles holds Rai's very persistent gaze for a few seconds; then, he scoffs and looks away to the side of the lift.
"So, what? Are you telling me that they're wanderers? Do they have jobs?"
Rai nods. "He does."
He holds his silence for a few moments. By the time he looks back at Rai again, though, he looks bored. The glare in his eyes has disappeared. "Soo?? What is he?" he inquires, almost trilling while doing it. "What does he do?"
The other only smirks. The response, therefore, is perhaps inevitable.
"Ask him yourself."
Wiley groans a little under his breath.
"Once we arrive down there, of course," Rai clarifies. His smirk grows a little bit more, maybe because he remembered something amusing. "Unless they're not there." He vaguely turns so he's more or less with his back to both Wiley and Dion. His arms raise a little, but not much, as he looks downward. 
With that, the lift is somehow silent temporarily. There seems to be a light hue rising in the air, as if accompanying the beeps coming from somewhere outside of the lift's boundaries.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 11, 2021 00:05:50  #1308

Not much to narrate in this post. Dion looked up and around once he noticed the sounds from outside.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

August 11, 2021 19:43:05  #1309

The silence is broken by, of all things, soft laughter.
It's really not a jarring sort of laughter. If anything, it could perhaps be described as pleasant. But it's sudden, and that makes it feel off.
What makes it feel most off is that Wiley doesn't laugh like that. It actually seems like the polar opposite of how he chuckles.
Is it Rai, then? No, he doesn't laugh out of the blue, and his laughter itself tends to be short and balanced. It doesn't stretch out for this long, and certainly it doesn't grow louder and louder.
For all that Wiley doesn't know about Rai, he does know that his friend doesn't make sounds like this. And he knows Dion isn't a laughing sort of person. And if it isn't him...
"Who the hell are you?" he voices aloud. Almost too loudly, even for him, as if he's trying to use the volume to obscure the laughter. He steps forward--yes, forward--and peers in a direction, as if making a bet that he'd be looking in the right direction. "I don't remember inviting a random into my lab," he continues, staring into the darkness intently. "So if you don't have an invitation, you'd better get the hell out, bucko."
Rai turns a little to regard Wiley with one eye. The laughter subsides.
"How rude," a voice coos, though in many ways it sounds equally like a whine, a reprimanding statement. Surprisingly, it does seem to be coming from the general direction Wiley is looking at. "It's a pure rudeness, too. Not the amusing type your friend has, seeing me and turning away without even a hello. ...Or a shout of warning to you two that you have an intruder. You made me announce my own presence, you know? I would have liked for the introductory cue to be from someone else." 
It feels like someone is peering at Dion. No, it feels like a gaze is looking at everyone--Rai, Dion, and Wiley. And contrary to the pleasant nature of the laughter, the sensation from the feeling is much more suffocating, like they've all been pinned to an invisible wall.
"So what say you?" the voice continues, as a vague silhouette emerges from just in front of where Rai is standing. "Does one of you wish to make it up to me?" A smile creeps into the voice. "I would be so very honored."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 11, 2021 22:15:35  #1310

Dion said nothing because honestly he got kind of creeped out that someone suddenly got near them. Also, it didn't seem like either of the other guys knew who this was.
So he looked for the source of the voice. Then he settled his eyes on the silhouette. What now?

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 2, 2021 02:08:40  #1311

Wiley's the one to break the silence. He specializes in breaking things in general, but especially silence. "Ey Rai, there's a creep in here," he exclaims loudly, backing up a little against the elevator. His gaze flickers back to the silhouette. "So, what about it? How was that?"
There's a pause. 
"Quite interesting," the voice admits, a smile trickling into its crevices like a horde of spiders would into a basement's dilapidated cracks. "I would have preferred for the introduction to be longer, however. I like anything long, you see. Snakes, pain, stretches of darkness, death--"
"Monologues," Wiles cuts in again, this time dryly. 
A chuckle. "Exactly."
"Too bad," the chemist states, his tone turning a little sharp around the edges. "I like some things short."
His tone turns right back to normal faster than one can blink as Wiley turns towards Rai and Dion, winks, and says, "Don't worry, guys. I like guys tall and short."
WILEY, WHAT THE HECK. NO. DON'T PULL THAT TYPE OF CRAP RIGHT NOW--

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 2, 2021 23:38:51  #1312

((Lol I choked xD the sudden change in tone xDDD))

Wiley's comment caused Dion's mood to go from 'unsettled' to 'annoyed and unsettled'. It's not really at the phrase itself, but more towards the abrupt attitude change. Because what the heck. There's some creepy guy near them, and that's the reaction? Mh.
Dion shifted enough to cross his arms.

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (September 2, 2021 23:39:22)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 2, 2021 23:54:20  #1313

"Oh, now you've made your friends even more uncomfortable than they already were," the voice states the obvious. 
"That was the intention," Wiley states at the same time as they say, "Though I suppose that was the intention." He blinks more rapidly than usual for the two seconds following, maybe a little disturbed with that seeming coincidence himself, before he continues.
"Now that greetings are over, we should talk business," he states, now assuming a more formal tone. Well, at least now Dion knows that his tones don't exactly stay.
"And I guess this is where I come in," Rai says, as if taking a cue. He glances at Wiley, who glances back, before he redirects his gaze back to the silhouette. 
"Well, feel free to show your face now. We're all friendly here," he states in a very undisturbed fashion. "I would also offer a seat, but as you can see, we've been short on supplies." 
These people have the weirdest humor.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 3, 2021 00:26:35  #1314

Dion's current mood stayed, because he doesn't like not knowing what's going on. And also he's not amused.
Still, he paid attention to the conversation.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 3, 2021 20:08:09  #1315

"Thanks, but I prefer to wait," they say with a grin. "After all, suspense is long too, isn't it?"
Wiley shrugs. "Suit yourself," he states, a bored look starting to come onto his face. Surprisingly enough, it makes him look a little dazed--an unsuitable look, to be honest. Perhaps he is usually someone who is too aware. "So, what do you want?" he asks.
"There isn't much to want here," comes the response. 
"Real surprising that someone like you came here, then," the scientist goes. "You seem like someone who acts only because you want to. If that's true, then there must be something you want."
A laugh. And then, no response. 
Without even feeling it, really, a feeling of irritation pops up in Dion. 
Wiley juts his chin forward at around the same time, though his expression remains more neutral, more cold. He doesn't say anything until they finally speak again. "I can see why you said you like things short. You're an impatient one. Better than some others, though. Not one for expedients. Good for you." For whatever reason, the compliment seems worse than an insult, oily and almost sarcastic in its nature. "You'll see the answers in a little while, Wiley," they conclude. "Until then, wait with me?" 
With that, it feels like something is crawling up the side of Dion's face, almost to his chin--no, some things, not just something. Wiley tenses. Rai shifts a little, to an almost unnoticeable degree. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 5, 2021 01:17:25  #1316

Just making Dion more uncomfortable, I guess. He wished he could be somewhere else. Or, if not that (which was impossible), that at least whatever was going on would become clear. The "impatient" label also applies to him.
A hand immediately went towards the area next to his chin. It was more of an involuntary motion to wipe off the annoying something that wanted to get to his face. Dion didn't realize he moved.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 5, 2021 02:02:56  #1317

"So you do move!" The outburst is from the foreign voice, which sounds an awful lot like its owner is beaming. "I was beginning to think that you were a waxed doll," they state, before adding, "except you're not pretty enough to be a doll. Your eyes moved, too, of course, but you don't have to be alive for that. And you have a heartbeat. They don't usually simulate that."
Throughout that entire speech, they seem to be moving. Despite their talk aimed towards him, it seems that they're not headed towards Dion for now, fortunately--but it feels a lot like cold fingers just touched his chin and wrenched it upwards. The air tastes putrid and frosty. And ironically, with all that talk about Dion moving, he suddenly finds that he can't move much, if at all.
Via his now near-peripheral vision, he can see where the silhouette is headed: In Rai's direction. Even their shadow shows how they move--they amble. They're in no hurry. They have no need to move like that.
For a few moments, there's just the sound of Wiley's breathing. From the rhythm, he sounds quite calm, but unlike usual, there's also a hissing quality to it, like the man's teeth are bared as much as he can make them bared.
It's just that for a while, as it takes a long time, seemingly too long, for them to reach Rai. By the time they take their final step and bring themselves to a stop, it feels like half an eternity has passed somehow. The former creaking of the elevator has been reduced to complete silence, but it feels that, by some chance, they are still moving down. The ground gives, centimeter by centimeters, into the dark depths of the earth. 
"Raitsu Furei," the unknown silhouette starts, almost as if they had approached Rai on some bustling street to offer a greeting as a coworker. Except coworkers don't call each other by their full names, of course. Not in Japanese, anyways. It's noticeable from the end of the sentence that they pull their lips in an ever-widening grin. "A busy, busy man. I hope I haven't interrupted much?"
"No, not at all," replies Rai. He, too, pulls his mouth upwards into a completely acceptable, polite, business-like smile. "You couldn't have picked a better time, in fact," he adds. His voice is slightly deeper than usual, which may or may not be because the other's face is a mere inch or two away from his face. As it happens, Rai does like his personal space, thank you very much.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 5, 2021 21:37:37  #1318

Well then, that detail about Dion failing to move doesn't matter much at first, for it's something he would not have noticed. But now what was going up Dion's face was no longer just a discomfort. When he tried to consciously move to get back from the "hand(s)" on his chin he found out it wasn't possible, and dread set in. A lot of force was devoted to the attempt at moving.
A while passed, and he yelled, "The heck is going on!?" (or tried to, if he can't talk either). His attention is focused on the border of his vision, from where he can see Rai. 
The rhythm of Dion's breath was clearly audible, but it lacked a steady pattern.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 14, 2021 13:21:06  #1319

Sorry, Dion. Talking counts as moving. It's just that this...entity...just probably didn't want to strangle anyone. For now. 
Wiley, surprisingly or not, also doesn't talk. It doesn't sound like he's even attempting to, which is the surprising part. Interesting.
"Right. I don't have that much time either, so I'm trying to make this as quick as possible." They breathe out yet another laugh. 
Rai would have gestured to accompany what he's going to say, but they're still in front of his face. "You have the stage, sir," he states.
Sir? The voice is barely distinguishable in its quality, masculine or feminine. In fact, it can't even be called something in-between. So, an interesting word choice.
They laugh, as if to say they appreciate it. In fact, if anything, that laugh makes anything sound unappreciative. "There was another favor I wanted from you, Furei Raitsu. Surely you will provide it."
Wiley's breathing hitches for a second. Seems like he was about to snark but decided against it (or he just can't talk).  

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 18, 2021 02:12:37  #1320

If Dion can't move, then the only thing left to narrate would be his thoughts, but those are probably obvious.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

Board footera