HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 2, 2021 22:18:47  #1261

Re: [@Specter] Surprise surprise! Plot has arrived!

With how tightly Dion has his arms crossed and the way he's looking around, it seems that he's trying to fold into himself. He looks cross, but that's like his normal face.
He didn't reply with anything, probably thinking the prompt was for Rai.

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (May 2, 2021 22:19:27)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 2, 2021 23:00:49  #1262

"Pi," Rai goes.
"Okay, now you, cross boy," Wiley goes, apparently not even questioning Rai's choice of numbers. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

May 2, 2021 23:43:27  #1263

"Six," Dion replied immediately and before he even processed what Wiley had called him.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 2, 2021 23:56:00  #1264

"Pi six it is!" Wiley shouts, and immediately...nothing sounds. He doesn't like too loud sounds in his machinery. 
"Pi six?" Rai talks as if making a realization. "That's..."
"What?" Wiley turns around to Rai. "Too late, Rai! You made a choice! Now let's see what the probability forces of the world have in store for us, shall we?" 
Whatever Rai says is drowned out by no sound but by whatever just happened. A dim cyan light engulfs the three, as if in some sort of magical forcefield, and then it's suddenly like one's vision is being squeezed out. That's Dion's perception, anyways. It's like someone took his sight of the world like it were a paper ball and started squishing it within their grasp. And they're strong and doing so very, very quickly. His entire view of the world sickeningly collapses upon itself like it wasn't supposed to exist. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 3, 2021 02:12:20  #1265

Dion had been starting to space out. Of course the abrupt change he saw in his surroundings brought him back to full attention, and then he just couldn't think about anything specific thanks to all the thoughts that rushed into his mind at once.
He just panicked, but he didn't scream, instead clenching his jaw so tightly that he bit off a small piece of his lip.
Just as quickly, he drew his hands up to cover his closed eyes.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 3, 2021 12:13:40  #1266

For some reason, it feels a whole lot like his hands won't move...until suddenly both his vision and hands move, and their movements are like whips. Hopefully that doesn't mean that he just partially slapped himself on the face.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 6, 2021 10:25:40  #1267

Lol he probably did slap his own face, and hard.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 6, 2021 12:14:25  #1268

"Ouch," Rai fills in for him, though the cyber agent's eyes are closed. His left arm is slightly outstretched as if resting on an invisible handhold for support. "You alright, Dion?"
Wiley, meanwhile, looks like he's unaffected by the journey--save for how his head is slightly spinning in a semicircle. Otherwise, he has the most stupid grin on his face (his trademark). "Ey look, we're all alive," he goes, waving his arm around lazily and stopping his dizzying head-spin thing.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 6, 2021 14:56:47  #1269

Dion winced. He opened one eye, slowly, relaxing a little, a little.
"Aua,,,"

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 7, 2021 12:32:17  #1270

The world's kinda blurry, but at least it's not that bad. I mean, it could definitely be much worse. 
"Aua," Wiley agrees, this time a little less obnoxious about it.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 7, 2021 16:24:32  #1271

Dion closed his eyes again to rub the blurriness off. He licked a drop of red from his lip too.
No response to Wiley. Not even a blush. Maybe that's because Dion's a little pale, but not that much. At least he doesn't seem to be mad. 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 7, 2021 16:36:25  #1272

"So, whaddya say, Rai? Good enough, considering it was a preliminary trial? And also, what were you saying before we came here?" Wiley's a good deal more relaxed, it seems. Actually, no it doesn't. There's practically no difference except that he isn't shouting now...for the time being, that is.
The young man cracks open one eye. "I was saying something about this location. But first, care to elaborate on 'preliminary trial'?" 
"Nah," the scientist immediately goes, cracking a big grin that does not give good vibes. But then again, he almost never gives good vibes.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 7, 2021 23:44:23  #1273

That was enough for Dion to check that he was still alive. Well, he tried to focus his sight on the other two guys, but he didn't feel like saying anything yet.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 8, 2021 23:11:15  #1274

"Fine." Rai will press later. They're smack in the middle of a desolate wasteland, after all, and his pragmatic nature means that he has determined the priority is not to interrogate Wiley but actually to just get to a safer place. There are no visible threats, but that doesn't mean that there aren't any dangers. In fact, if this were a video game, this would be the ideal place to have sand monsters spring out. While Rai's not really thinking on the same branch of thought as the narrator there (thankfully), the general idea suffices.
"Y'know, it's kinda weird," Wiley goes, apparently not as concerned. Before someone can ask him to elaborate, he barrels on himself. "According to calculations, we should have been there." He points to a part of the land only a few meters away. "But we're here. Hmm...did I make an error?" he asks rhetorically, bonking himself on the head lightly with his newly formed fist a few times before shaking his head like a wet dog. 
Rai takes a look at the place where the chemist pointed, finishes opening his other eye, and starts off that way. Curiously enough, he also takes a look at the hazy sky above in the process.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 19, 2021 01:35:18  #1275

Dion just continued to be silent. No complaints. And still he listened carefully to what was being said. 
Maybe it would be safer if he stayed close to the others. He didn't really know how to act. He shuffled a couple steps after Rai, stopping for a second to see if he should continue walking.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 19, 2021 02:18:50  #1276

"You know too, right?" Wiley persists after less than two seconds, though he doesn't follow Rai. "I don't make that kind of stupid mistake. A few meters. If that ain't ridiculous, I don't know what is."
Then, after a few more seconds: "And you checked the work, I'm pretty sure. You always do."

Rai, against his better judgment, gives forth a reminder: "You once said five plus six is twelve."
"That was at three A.M.!" Wiley throws his hands up. "And how many decades ago was that? Who asks a guy who hadn't slept for days and had just fell asleep for a few minutes a math question, anyways? A cruel person! That's who."
As the cyber agent just smirks, the scientist continues complaining. "You hear? A cruel person! Now answer the question."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 21, 2021 22:44:13  #1277

So now what?
Maybe it's interesting to see Dion silent and without an angry face. Anyways, he still listened, his attention resting on Wiley for a few seconds before being directed forward towards the horizon or whatever is there.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 21, 2021 23:02:17  #1278

"Which question?" A relatively simple answer is given. "You asked many."
"You know which!" Wiley flings his skinny-bone arms into the air, which makes the motion funnier than it is, but proceeds to specify anyways. "You checked the work, right?" he asks. "If so, we need to figure out what the miscalculation came from."
"It's that important?" Rai finally turns around to regard Wiley. "We made it to our destination in one piece after all, right? Besides, if y--we," he corrects before Wiley can become sensitive, "made a mistake in the process, it's not as if we can fix it now."
"Just answer the question," insists the scientist. "It's important in some way. I know it is." He adds, "My intuition tells me it. It's super important." Funnily enough, he looks to Dion for confirmation.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 22, 2021 11:38:23  #1279

((Hey look we've had this thread for a year and a month :000))

Dion happened to look back at Wiley at that moment. He frowned, but it didn't last for more than a few seconds.
"I don't know! It's not my fault if you guys made a mistake." 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 22, 2021 16:17:10  #1280

"He agrees! He says it's really super duper stupendously important!" goes Wiley before Dion can even start anything after saying "I." "See there, Rai????" he goes, though he's actually stupidly grinning at Dion still. "Answer the question."
The cyber agent yields. "I did check the work," he goes, before Wiley interrupts him.
"Yeah see? Important." Wiley finger snaps. For once, he doesn't fail at it. Now he's looking into the distance. "You're like a calculator when there are no parentheses involved."
"What does that even mean?" Rai asks, or he would've asked, but he doesn't finish because he knows Wiley wouldn't answer anyways.
And he's right, because even now, Wiley just continues, "Which means we oughta figure out things before we go down. What caused the error? If there was actually one? If there was one, I need to redo the experiment. Sucks to be me I guess."
His priorities are skewed, as usual. Or perhaps not...?

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 22, 2021 23:54:03  #1281

The fact that he had been interrupted coupled with Wiley's (obnoxious) grin annoyed Dion enough enough for him to scrunch up his nose and frown. But it's nothing more than just a frown. An angry one.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 23, 2021 00:19:36  #1282

"So even if some external factor did cause the error, that doesn't change the fact that, one, we can't do much about it at the moment, and two, we need to do something else at the moment," Rai points out. "It's also not like we can fix the error, no? To do that, we would have to get somewhere safer. Which," he looks down at the ground, "happens to be one of your labs. Conveniently enough."
"No." Wiley doesn't interrupt this time. Surprisingly enough, his grin has suddenly lapsed into some semblance of seriousness, though mostly it looks like he's trying to grin anyways, or that a grin is trying to break through. In any case, his face definitely isn't built for serious expressions. It's like his frowning muscles malfunction or something.
"No?" Rai repeats, sounding slightly perplexed.
"No," the scientist agrees...with himself, yeah. "Or maybe no to that no. Who knows? I just think it's a no. Yeah, no." There's his stupid grin again. His sense of humor can be horrendous. 
"So we walk," concludes the cyber agent. He stuffs his hands into his pockets and raises an eyebrow.
"Sure," Wiley immediately agrees. "Let's walk."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 23, 2021 01:13:39  #1283

"We walk?" Dion asked, although he wasn't protesting and didn't need an answer for that. He added, "Where to? And how long?"

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 24, 2021 22:47:10  #1284

Rai flicks a finger upwards as if to indicate, "Above."
"How am I s'posed to know? I ain't a GPS," Wiley slightly drawls, mostly because he's also slightly laughing at the absurdity of what he's saying. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 2, 2021 22:35:41  #1285

"Above?"
Dion turned up his head to look at the sky (or if anything else is there).

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 2, 2021 23:42:02  #1286

"What?" Rai questions.
"What?" Wiley also repeats before he bursts out laughing. He seems to know no circumstance.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 9, 2021 22:14:41  #1287

"'What' what?" Dion asked, starting to frown.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 9, 2021 23:40:40  #1288

"Let's not," Rai goes, as if making some sort of decision. With a slight twist of his arm, as if to straighten out his sleeve, he takes a few steps to his right.
"What what what?" Wiley asks, almost making a few starting steps of his own like a defiant puppy.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 30, 2021 20:28:01  #1289

Dion gave a final "what" and just scowled as he shuffled in Rai's direction.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

July 1, 2021 01:47:21  #1290

The cyber agent makes a slight sighing noise. "Where to?" he asks Wiley. 
He's answered with almost an exact copy of the emoji  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
"Right," Rai says, his tone falling even flatter than usual. Maybe it's to mimic a sense of inevitability. "So, what does that mean?"
"It's your decision to make!" Wiley answers as if chorusing. He immediately resumes his pseudo-serious expression after doing so. "Okay, but seriously, something is giving me bad vibes." He emphasizes, "REALLY bad vibes," but then proceeds to go, "It doesn't really feel all that bad...but that tiny nagging feeling is what gets ya, y'know?"
If Rai is concerned, he doesn't show it. "Yes, same," he monotones. "Though mine has a specific reason--standing here would rationally give some anxiety, no? Not only is there is no cover here, it is also flat ground. Which, might I add," he continues, somehow overriding whatever objection or general dialogue Wiley was going to interrupt him with, "is very ideal territory for robots to move and fight upon."
"Capiche," states Wiley, not that anyone asked "Capiche," but that does stop Rai's long explanation of sorts.
"...So?" Rai asks after a few seconds of Wiley just staring expectantly at him.
"So?" the scientist questions back. "We're gonna wind up listening to you either way, right? So what's the plan?"
"We go down," Rai answers, gesturing to the underground.
"Great! We go down, then," the other affirms, nodding obediently. It's just as out of character as it sounds. "But just to make sure, if anything bad happens down there, you take the responsibility, right?"
"Right," Rai starts, but before he finishes, Wiley pumps his fists into the air.
"Heck yeah!! I'm all about that zero accountability life." He lets his arms down and does his stupid grin. "Alrighty, you two, follow me."
He takes, like, half a step to his left.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera