GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 23, 2021 13:48:58  #1231

Re: [@Specter] Surprise surprise! Plot has arrived!

Well, you know, Dion also wants to keep a respectable distance. Maybe he's not consciously thinking of that, and he's also trying to go quickly, but he does keep a steady pace. 

Specter
Never mind the rising light
There's no sign of day or dawning
In my heart it's still the night
And we'll stay up the morning!

March 26, 2021 00:55:27  #1232

They make the journey to who-knows-where without delay or distractions. Wiley marks the end of the trip by nearly falling over a separator of sorts between rooms. The boundary lacks a door or any indication otherwise that the first room was ending. 
"Hey! What the heck?" Wiley half-yells at the separator thing. "I could've died because of you!"
Somehow Rai's smirk can be tasted in the air. Didn't know expressions could do that, but apparently his can. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

March 26, 2021 10:19:13  #1233

Dion did not look amused.
He's not scared; he's just anxious to get out as soon as possible. Well, he doesn't know exactly where the three of them are going, but he hopes that they'll get "there" quickly.

Specter

March 30, 2021 20:47:06  #1234

"You alright?" Rai asks the scientist.
"The frigging door bit my foot. You think I'm alright?" Wiles retorts, rubbing the wrong and uninjured part of himself as if to show his injury.
...wait. The door??? Bit your foot???
"Need a door vaccine?" the cyber agent asks, unperturbed.
"Yes."
"Unfortunately, I don't carry one on me," says Rai in an almost smug manner. "Better luck next time."
"Well, crap, guess I'll die then," the scientist mutters, limping his way over to somewhere in the room. The room is somehow darker than any of the other rooms they've gone through as well as the corridors and passageways. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 30, 2021 23:58:44  #1235

((I'm interested in this door vaccine thing I would like to get one as well))

Dion's face remained blank throughout the other two's brief conversation. He crossed his arms.

Specter

March 31, 2021 00:08:59  #1236

Wiley continues hobbling around, thumping into things along the way.
"Shut the door, will ya?" he asks Rai. "For some reason I'm getting the creeps. I'd rather the door be closed." 

"What? The great Wiley I. Perrault retains the mortal emotion: Fear?" questions Rai as he looks at the...the boundary, which lacks a door in the first place. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 31, 2021 00:16:32  #1237

"There's no door, or maybe it's invisible," stated Dion. 

Specter

April 1, 2021 01:24:56  #1238

"So that's what I bumped into when I entered!" Wiley exclaims sarcastically. Then, to Rai: "Seriously, will ya just shut the door?"
The cyber agent sighs. "If the power-controlling deities come after me, I'm sacrificing you first."
"You wish. Just close the door, Raiya." Yes, that's what he called the other. 
Rai gives the other a look before his eyes turn color again and the door--which apparently was existent, just hidden in the wall somewhere--slides out and closes the gap with a humongous Bam!
Speaking of questionable decisions, Wiley...

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 1, 2021 22:28:25  #1239

Dion was focusing more on the path in front of him than on the other two guys. Rai's eye color change caught Dion's attention for a split second, but in the end he realized that he hadn't seen anything clearly enough and dismissed any thoughts.
He jumped in place when the door closed. That movement was similar to that of a scared cat, except that Dion didn't hiss afterwards.

Specter

April 6, 2021 00:03:10  #1240

"Yes! And now, the experiment can commence!" Wiley shouts hoarsely, probably because he tried to transition bit by bit from a whisper-shout to a half-shout and failed spectacularly. 
Rai looks ready to leave. Actually, he doesn't. But he's actually very ready to leave. It's unknown if the wish means that he wants to get out of the room or get out of the lab. Either could be applicable.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 12, 2021 01:16:10  #1241

Dion squinted at the scientist. Experiment? Wonder what that was.

Specter

April 12, 2021 14:12:25  #1242

Rai finally musters up the will to actually ask Wiley something, and the question is: "May I ask if the risks of the experiment include us disappearing from existence eternally or other sorts of related danger?"
"Aww, you know me, Rai!" gushes Wiley, somehow suddenly disappearing from where he was nearby--near some machinery--and instead to a position where he can clasp the other's gloved hands dramatically and look at the other at an almost completely level height with all earnestness. 
"No, I don't," the cyber agent denies, maybe on the train of thought that Wiley can't take huge risks with strangers and thus referring to himself as a stranger. And of course, there's the literal meaning of him not being completely sure, though he's pretty sure being pessimistic in this case would be the optimistic way to go.
"What does that mean?" he asks nonetheless, with a hint of concern and also awkwardness, slowly making his hands retreat away from Wiley's hold. As soon as he reaches a degree where he can do so, his hands scurry back into his pockets as if frightened mice. 

"What does that mean?" Wiley echoes in a Rai-like voice, before he exclaims, "Of course there's a chance of us vanishing into the void of nonexistence!"
Yippeeee. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 13, 2021 09:19:53  #1243

Dion had been watching the conversation from the side while tightly holding his hands together. In disbelief and with a very concerned face, he stared at the air between the two guys.
"So you want to do something that might as well fail and kill us??"

Specter

April 13, 2021 18:53:51  #1244

"More 'ghostify' than 'fail and kill us,' but yee, why not?" Wiley asks back with way too much enthusiasm for anyone's good. Returning to the machinery with a few large hop-leaps, a strange combination indeed, he grins. "What's the fun of anything without risk? Life is risk! A battle between great risks and greater risks! And here we're making a choice--to take the great risk!" 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 13, 2021 19:28:40  #1245

Dion mumbled something that sounded like a keysmash. He backed away a pair of steps with a grimace on his face.

Specter

April 16, 2021 20:18:50  #1246

"I have a feeling you made me close the door so that you could block off any exit," Rai says with a deadpan expression.
"Bingo!" Wiley grins, fingergunning at the cyber agent. "But don't be so busy on opening it again. Then the boy--" he points at Dion, though it's more like he waved his arms at the young man in a flurry instead, "--will run. And if I run after him I feel like he'll scream and maybe bite me too......that wouldn't be okie dokie, would it~?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 17, 2021 12:15:00  #1247

Dion's grimace turned into a very sulky gesture, an expression someone his age should definitely not be making.

Specter

April 17, 2021 17:46:21  #1248

"Now, then--" Wiley brings his arms up in a signature villain-about-to-get-his-way move. "Shall we begin the procedures?"
Rai doesn't move.
Wiley does a :D and fingerguns at Rai, probably cuing. 
Rai does a little sigh but doesn't act immediately. He just beckons towards Dion, his gesture indicating he'd like the other to come closer to himself.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 17, 2021 21:15:27  #1249

A single and tiny step forward was all Dion gave. He looked at Rai with a whispered question of "Why?".

Specter

April 17, 2021 21:25:38  #1250

Hopefully Dion's good at lipreading, because Rai mouths "He's exaggerating" instead of saying it aloud.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 18, 2021 00:35:38  #1251

Although Dion didn't understand the exact words Rai said, he got the general idea and sighed. Deeply.
But, yes, anyways, he obeyed the other's gesture.

Specter

April 19, 2021 14:09:48  #1252

"Wait. I have a question. Is the risk greater if we all go at the same time, or if we go one at a time? 3:1 ratio risk comparison, please," the cyber agent requests.
"No substantial difference," Wiley informs with a mad scientist grin as he seems to operate the machinery, though it looks kinda like he's chopping the machinery with his glove instead. It's like it doesn't matter that he has a hand in said glove. 
"Concern," Rai mutters. "Though efficient...maybe."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 20, 2021 22:32:03  #1253

"...I didn't come here to die..." Dion muttered to himself.

Specter

April 20, 2021 22:38:47  #1254

"Neither did I!" agrees Wiley, whose actions don't speak for his words. 
"Mood," Rai goes. He looks skeptically at what Wiley's doing.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 20, 2021 22:41:20  #1255

"Sure doesn't look like it."

Specter

April 20, 2021 22:48:22  #1256

Wiley stops to huff dramatically. "It's called efficiency of the highest caliber, boy," he informs.
"You could work on your typing speed a bit more to further increase said efficiency," Rai helpfully suggests.
He succeeds in getting a crackle of the laughter from the scientist. Wiley's laughter is like that spray of soda when one opens the can after having shaken it. "Shush."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 21, 2021 02:23:17  #1257

Dion resumed his sulking. 

Specter

April 25, 2021 17:40:55  #1258

"What? Is it not true?" Rai joshes. "What else can explain us still being here?"
"The reasons for our existence and you distracting me, Brown-Eye Rai Guy," Wiley retorts.
Instead of saying something else, the other repeats to himself, "Brown-Eye Rai Guy." He glances back at the scientist. "Is that new?"
"Who knows." Wiley shrugs, in the process nearly messing up his typing. Instead of scowling to complain about it, he does a goofy face at the cyber agent. "Now stop bothering me," he orders.
Rai raises his arms in fake surrender. "Alright, will do, your very royal highness." 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 2, 2021 22:05:38  #1259

Dion is spectating.

Specter

May 2, 2021 22:09:44  #1260

"Pick a random number," Wiley orders, though it's unclear if he's commanding Rai or Dion. It's within his nature to order both. After all, what's context to him? That's right. Irrelevant. Nothing.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera