HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 18, 2021 13:57:06  #1

(@Galaxian) Coffee! Someone’s at their local café...

“No thanks, just the coffee. Here,” Ravus took his coffee and, after pushing a handful of coins to the concerned-looking cashier, went to sit down in a rather offensively patterned tub chair. Putting his beverage down on the table, he  began to stare cautiously out of a large window opposite, avoiding eye contact as much as he could.

Last edited by Effervescence (February 18, 2021 13:57:36)

Ephemeris
>>>><<<<
she/her | ambivert | signature in progress

February 18, 2021 13:58:33  #2

Re: (@Galaxian) Coffee! Someone’s at their local café...

(Ah wrong category! Galaxian can you work your adminy magic and move it please :O)

Ephemeris
>>>><<<<

February 18, 2021 14:01:37  #3

(Adminy magic exerted)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

February 18, 2021 14:02:07  #4

(Thank you! The most powerful kind XD)

Ephemeris
>>>><<<<

February 18, 2021 14:34:20  #5

For Kiaane of the Thaohal Mage/Mercenary Guild, this isn't local at all. In fact, this is way outside where their usual "territory" is. After all, the TMG is (according to the narrator's limited knowledge) based in the Medieval Sect. Wonder what they're doing here.
Of course, this isn't Kiaan's first time being in the sect, but they certainly don't show any familiarity to the place--not with their demeanor or style of dress or even just their basic appearance. They stand out without even trying. Well, that's also the typical since they don't actually try in any case, but that's beyond the point--the point is that they clearly don't belong. That can be said with many factors, including the lack of any sort of companionship on a street filled with talking pairs, the way they twist through any crowd like a snake (not a hungry one, just one that wants to avoid all physical contact), and how they look at just about everything as if taking extensive notes. The last includes the way they look at people, too, of course; the guy who just abruptly turned away from their gaze out of discomfort is one of the many uncountable. Truly, Kiaane'd make an absolutely horrible assassin. It's a wonder that no one has called the police on them yet. 
Excluding the demeanor, which Kiaane doesn't know how to change or fake, that's the person Ravus is probably seeing: Someone with the physical appearance of a young man who at the very least clearly has no social skills whatsoever and is suspicious as all heck...slowly but surely making their way in his direction. In the narrator's opinion, it truly is hard to not notice them. They're just too weird. And also, to help matters, it seems kind of like they're headed in Ravus's direction in a beeline. 
Before the situation can get too alarming (or they crash into the window), Kiaan slows abruptly and then stops right outside the window. By now, it's pretty apparent what they're looking at. 
Let us make this clear--the eye contact thing isn't an issue, but it's probably weird for an extremely suspicious guy with ombre blue hair and questionable intentions to be staring at your coffee drink as if in a trance right outside the window you are looking out.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 18, 2021 15:04:34  #6

Sure, Ravus wouldn’t normally make any effort to interact with strangers (or anyone), but he makes an.. exception for this inept-seeming young man. Mostly out of sympathy for this rather unusual character and the fact that he didn’t see, to know where he was much.

The half-demon attempts a half-hearted smile and gestures for Kiaane to come and sit in the chair opposite. After all, what’s the worse that can happen?

Ephemeris
>>>><<<<

February 18, 2021 19:01:10  #7

(Ravus is like: This is fine)

Kiaane's gaze flickers from the drink to Ravus as if they just noticed that there's not just coffee on the table and in the vicinity--just in time to catch the half-smile or whatever it was that the other tried at. They don't reciprocate an attempt, hopefully not to be too offensive.  
Thankfully, it seems they do understand some social cues, and they turn slightly to walk to the entrance. Yay, no slamming into windows today. For a few moments, they disappear, and it's like they just went and left. But after a bit, they reappear again. 
Looking at them more closely, they look to be an individual who is a bit younger than Ravus. The two of them are probably around the same height. Of course, speaking technicalities, then Ravus is taller by a bit more than an inch at most. Kiaane walks with an almost unnatural grace, and when they stop, a ways away from the table, they stop. As if out of instinct, their shoulders square and they stare without a greeting at the other, perhaps waiting for the other to confirm that he actually did beckon towards them. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 19, 2021 03:23:14  #8

(I think he would have metaphorically died if Kiaane walked into the window)

Ravus looks at Kiaane and slides the coffee to the other side of the table. “You like coffee, I guess? You’re welcome to sit down there if you want.” he says, beckoning to yet another questionably coloured seat behind the coffee mug. He certainly doesn’t look comfortable (despite being in a nice little tub chair) but currently his curiosity is overcoming his fear. A bit.

Last edited by Effervescence (February 19, 2021 03:24:56)

Ephemeris
>>>><<<<

February 20, 2021 04:03:58  #9

(How would he react if Kiaane walked through the window?)

Kiaane nods with a degree of thoughtfulness that should have come should Ravus have asked a question that needed extensive analysis. They look at the opposite chair for a moment before pulling the chair out swiftly and deftly taking a seat, in the same motion. Unfortunately, they don't seem too comfortable either; in their case, they don't really seem to like the tub chair setup. Apparently now being in no particular rush, they take a few moments to stiffly make sure they're not sitting at a lopsided angle. Finally, they put their hands onto their lap as naturally as they can.
Uh oh, here comes the part where they don't take the cue about Ravus not liking--
"May you be helped?" they ask, their eyes traveling straight upwards to hone in on those of Ravus, securing--
eye contact. 
Great. 
Also, "May you be helped?" They mean, "May I help you?" What the heck, Kiaan?

(Sorry lol I hope Ravus will be very accepting because Kiaane is not taking the "you two are supposed to get along" cues)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 21, 2021 05:38:20  #10

(:O)
Ravus looked... startled to say the least. Reflexively tearing his view away from Kiaane he looked intensely at the table below. “I... uh... thought I was trying to help you? You seemed pretty lost out there, and I certainly don’t see anyone dressed as you are around here often. Not that that’s a bad thing! But you’re just, looking a little out of place, that’s all.”
(He’s pretty chill, if a little scared)

Ephemeris
>>>><<<<

February 22, 2021 02:14:15  #11

(Yay :D)

Kiaane, strangely, doesn't move. "I am not lost," they specify. "But...also not from here." They're trying to make coherent sentences and struggling with it.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 22, 2021 15:13:53  #12

“Ah, I see. That’s good to know.” Ravus still couldn’t bring himself to make eye contact with this probbably unintentionally scary person. They seemed alright. Maybe an introduction was the right way to go. “I’m Ravus, by the way. We don’t get many travelers passing through at this time of year, but it’s nice to know the population isn’t completely... stale, so to speak.” This one didn’t seem too talkative, and Ravus liked that.

Even if he did seem a little strange.

Ephemeris
>>>><<<<

February 22, 2021 15:43:26  #13

Kiaane listens intently, and when he's done speaking: "Kiaan. Kiaane." The two names are both theirs and also have different pronunciations. 
Yeah, Kiaane's the epitome of not being talkative. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 22, 2021 16:26:58  #14

Ravus nodded and made some kind of gesture at the nearest waiter that supposedly meant ‘coffee’. They brushed off and he turned back to Kiaane. “I forgot to ask, are you okay with that as it is?” Because ‘do you want milk or sugar’ is clearly too difficult a question to ask.

(Insert incorrect quote about coffee that is as black as a character’s soul)

Ephemeris
>>>><<<<

February 22, 2021 20:42:38  #15

Kiaane takes a moment to ponder that before they finally remember their own preferences. Someone needs to quit drinking so much coffee and get some sleep. Then they nod. It's less of them remembering that you're supposed to be polite when in the company of others than the fact that usually they drink coffee that is as dark as the night sky and bitter as...uh, coffee that apparently wants to become Bitrex's competitor. 

(Apparently Coffee Day is October 1st xD I hope neither of them know about it)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 23, 2021 08:01:55  #16

The forementioned waiter slid another mug of somewhat less concentrated coffee onto the table and Ravus tipped his head. Turning back to Kiaane he sipped idly at the rim, unsure of what to say.

(Coffee day in Forengard is every day now XD)

Ephemeris
>>>><<<<

February 24, 2021 04:16:42  #17

Kiaane, ever the social creature, somehow manages to pull off a nod that looks sarcastic at the waiter and then proceed to stare at the cup of coffee they had been staring at through the window before.

(Ngl kinda unsure where that coffee is; if Ravus is sipping it then that's still accurate for Kiaan to do so.)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 27, 2021 11:17:57  #18

(yeah sorry about not being clearer as per a few responses ago Kiaane’s coffee is in front of him and Ravus has a new one)

As much as Ravus disliked small talk, as he put his beverage down he decided small talk was better than an cripplingly awkward silence. “So, uh, have you been here before? I kind of like it here because it’s more sparsely populated than some of the others. And the coffee’s good. I hope?”

Ephemeris
>>>><<<<

February 27, 2021 19:47:35  #19

Kiaane shakes their head, nods, and then puts their hand around the coffee cup/mug/whatever container it is without touching it or having drank it at all.
...dude.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 1, 2021 13:14:50  #20

(Don't know if you want to continue this or not, seems short but I’m out of ideas XD putting 2 socially awkward characters together was a bad idea)

Last edited by Effervescence (March 1, 2021 13:15:25)

Ephemeris
>>>><<<<

March 1, 2021 15:06:41  #21

(Yeah I do. Do you? Honestly there's a bit of an awkward stage for Kiaane all the time lol. I don't have time today to roleplay much but I'll see if I can come up with smthn)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 5, 2021 02:28:21  #22

(Sorry for being so late to respond! I’m happy to continue with it, yeah. Really enjoying roleplaying it just a little stuck for ideas is all. That’s fine I’m just as bad for times XD)

Ephemeris
>>>><<<<

March 5, 2021 03:21:02  #23

(Cool, that's what I hoped to hear lol. Np on the late response thing btw. I'm on my last work week before finals, with the due date being around 3 days away, so I'm kinda busy trying to get school done. Sorry; I can probably POV more next week. I have an idea for what to do, but I'm not sure if it's good or not lol. Well, if not, I guess we can cross that if we get there lol)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 5, 2021 05:03:21  #24

(No need to apologise for being busy at all! Get your finals done you procrastinator > : (  I myself am back to college for the next two weeks but then I have a 2 and a half week holiday so that would probbably be the best time. That means you have time to finish up your work and get the results hopefully.)

Last edited by Effervescence (March 5, 2021 05:03:39)

Ephemeris
>>>><<<<

March 5, 2021 12:55:43  #25

(Bruh you call me a procrastinator but finals aren't even out yet . I have spring break after finals too lol, but I might neglect RPing or something in lieu of drawing and writing so,,, yeah. I'm not too worried about scores tho haha)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 6, 2021 07:13:25  #26

(Procrastinating on preparing then X D That’s completely fine, it’s up to you. Just wanted to let you know as I can only really respind at weekends while at college as the hours are rather long )

Ephemeris
>>>><<<<

March 6, 2021 20:04:55  #27

(That's completely fine! Yeah then if you mean procrastinate in terms of not studying then you got it right xD)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 9, 2021 01:45:30  #28

It seems Kiaane is in thought rather than being completely silent. After all, they probably shouldn't be that dense. After a few tense moments with themselves and their social conscience, they question, "This is not the city with the cathedral. Is it?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 12, 2021 05:50:14  #29

(Ah, yikes, sorry, I didn't see this. If I do it again just DM me on discord to give me a figurative nudge if possible)

Ravus sighs. "There's a cathedral here, but it's in a pretty bad state. Lies on the outskirts." He seems thoughtful for a moment, then adds: "Hey, uh, what made you ask that? There's a lot of cities with cathedrals. Almost all of them in fact."

Ephemeris
>>>><<<<

April 12, 2021 14:01:19  #30

(Oh lol I thought this thread was one you were inadvertently referring to on your inactivity notice, so I thought I shouldn't bother you about it lol)

"Looking for one," Kiaane explains. But this time, it's not a matter of choice of them not specifying. They actually don't know any details. "Which deity is it for?" they ask again, now referring to the one cathedral in this city.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera