HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 3, 2021 09:30:35  #31

Re: [[@GalaxE]] There's one bored goddess

Allen's gaze settled on the stranger, yet it did not feel like he was staring disrespectfully. Did Rune have a visitor he didn't know of? This was someone he had never seen before.
Standing straight now, he placed his hands together and showed a slightly forced smile. 
"May I help you?"

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 4, 2021 01:27:44  #32

I dare not say it as so, sir, they say telepathically, their tone while speaking about themselves as distant as a sky blue tinge across paled mountains in the farthest of backgrounds. Their physical silence and complete lack of movement makes them all the more unnerving.  

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

March 4, 2021 16:13:07  #33

"Then perhaps you are lost?" Allen asked. "Is Rune with you?"

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 4, 2021 21:04:24  #34

A smile plays its way across the ghastly boy's lips. No, sir. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 4, 2021 23:32:30  #35

Strange. Something about this was unsettling to Allen.
"Then perhaps you're looking for a book? Excuse me, but I believe I heard Rune nearby."

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 4, 2021 23:39:03  #36

No, sir. Goddess Rune is somewhere else within her domain. Death smiles briefly with their eyes closed, innocent-looking as ever, before they introduce: You're in my mistress's domain now, Sir Allen. Surely you know of her? Her name is Dalia, goddess of minerals, air and flight, and luck. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 5, 2021 00:06:41  #37

"...excuse me?"
It was too strange. At the mention of his sister's name, Allen's face dropped all politeness and clearly showed confusion.  He started a few steps towards Death.
"What does Dalia have to do with this?"

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 5, 2021 00:22:23  #38

Pardon me for failing to introduce myself, sir, Death goes, temporarily avoiding the question. Their physical form bows at a full ninety degrees angle. My name is Death, employee of Goddess Dalia, tasked with retrieving you. My mistress will be delighted by your company. 
They resume their previous posture, their smile nearly fading before they make it resume. "Death hopes that you will find joy from being with their mistress as well," they speak. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 5, 2021 00:46:37  #39

Allen listened silently. He should have known Dalia would look for him sooner or later. He should have been ready for it.
His answer even surprised himself a little, but it was said with no trace of doubt.
"I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I cannot return at the moment. I must stay with Rune. Please inform Dalia of my decision. I'm sure she'll understand."

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 5, 2021 01:09:36  #40

(Lol so much for knowing her)

"Well..." Death seems to give that consideration, but the two narrators should know full well they're not considering that at all. After whatever pretense that was, they continue: "Sir Allen definitely knows this, but Death could not possibly make such a decision on behalf of their mistress. Not to mention...Death already consulted their lady in terms of the matter." A hint of apology enters their voice; it's uncertain if they're actually apologetic or not. It's kind of like when a kid says sorry when he seems like he's really not sorry at all. Miss. Dalia was quite clear about her wishes. Please extend your forgiveness.
Without giving enough time for Allen to respond, they flick a card out of nowhere, catching it so that the front cover is upside down. Death then presses the card against their mouth; the part of the cover where their mouth is hidden almost seems to mimic a frown.
...please reconsider carefully, Sir Allen, they start again. It would be likely be quite impractical for you to visit and then leave. After all, Miss. Dalia would love to welcome you personally. Perhaps you will gain the chance to speak about your current whereabouts with her. The card moves away slightly to the side only to reveal that the young man is still smiling. "Besides, the mistress gave Death a special warrant for this mission," they say like a child bestowed a new toy they are simultaneously excited about yet hesitant to open. "Death will only let Sir Allen know what it is if he refuses further..."
...So, now...please. Your response, sir. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 5, 2021 01:26:24  #41

((Tbh what I think is funny is that both twins are 'sure' of the other's reactions))

"I'm not exactly refusing..." Allen ceased his walk and turned to the side instead, thoughtful. His wings tightened against his back. "I will go," he stated at last, "but you must give me some time. A week, at most. I cannot abandon this place abruptly. There are things that need to be set straight and preparations to be made if I will leave." 
He glanced at the tall teenager, honesty showing through his expression. Allen was generally clear when he said something and meant it. Besides, he couldn't exactly reject a request from Dalia.
"My final answer is yes, but in a few days."

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (March 5, 2021 01:28:12)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 5, 2021 01:29:47  #42

They remain silent as they relay a telepathic message to Dalia.
Madam, will one week of time at maximum be acceptable?

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 5, 2021 01:35:42  #43

Dalia dropped a feathered fan she was holding when she received Death's message.
"A week?" She exclaimed out loud.
That's too long. What got into your head? I asked you to make this as quick as possible!

Meanwhile, Allen patiently waited for a reply. He could probably guess what was going on. He didn't plan to change his answer, though.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 5, 2021 01:47:56  #44

Death's rare laughter in response, which they seldom use around her because they're her subordinate, is intended to make it sound like a joke. Which it is. Their sense of humor is so messed up. Funnily enough, even they were sure that even one more hour would be stretching it. They're usually quite efficient, after all.
Besides, they've learned to take the reasonable parts of what their goddess says--like her being willing to wait--like a grain of sugar. Pleasing, but ultimately infinitesimal and representative of nothing in the large view of things. 
The core objective is at hand, madam. Worry not. 

They look back (down) to Allen, their eyes bright. 
My apologies, sir, but a delay is unacceptable. Considering these unnegotiable circumstances, I wonder: Would you like to see my warrant? Please, as mentioned before, Miss. Dalia is excited for you to return to her.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 5, 2021 02:30:14  #45

The goddess grinned and returned to her activity.

"But that's not possibile," Allen repeated. "I can't just leave. If a week is too much time, then maybe some days should be enough. Dalia will want me to stay, and I've been away for long enough," he tried to explain. Not that it would help much, but he had a bit of hope.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 8, 2021 23:58:24  #46

"'If one believe in oneself, anything is possible,'" Death goes, before they add, "...Then, Death realizes, 'Oh, that may not be of practical use here.'"
Perhaps that just means you need to return more promptly, sir, they continue like they didn't say anything aloud. As an option, you may recruit someone to assist in your leave.
If Allen doesn't get the hint, he's probably getting knocked out and Death's going to pack up his stuff anyways, so a few wasted seconds isn't anything major. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 20, 2021 16:22:39  #47

The truth was not that Allen couldn't get his things gathered quickly, but that he did not really want to leave in the first place.
In the end, he let out a wispy sigh. 
"I'll get my own things myself," Allen replied. Emotion had completely left his voice and face. "I don't have a lot to take. It is also not necessary to notify anyone of my leaving. I shall write back." 
Dalia would let him do that much. He was sure.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 20, 2021 18:11:30  #48

Ah. How convenient, Death goes, obviously their plan having worked out, or so it seems. They courteously step aside since, y'know, this is his room and supposedly much of his stuff would be here--his newfound belongings, of course, since in the first place it hadn't been planned for him to have lived here in the first place

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 20, 2021 22:23:10  #49

((I thought they were in the library tho?))

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 21, 2021 17:10:57  #50

(Not sure how clear I made it but basically the place where Allen was in the library has been carried over to his room)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 21, 2021 19:08:12  #51

((Alrighty, I wasn't sure of that. I'm not sure if you meant that Death left the room so if they did then I can edit this post.))

"May I have up to ten minutes by myself?" Allen asked "Packing should not take long."

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 21, 2021 20:03:48  #52

Yes sir. And with that, Death just fades into nothingness, presumably having left the room, even though of course they're still going to make sure Allen doesn't try to find help in the domain or something, just in case.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 21, 2021 20:23:11  #53

"Thank you."
Allen didn't check if the other had left for real. He just trusted it was that way. 

With Death gone, Allen looked around his rather modest room. It hadn't even been decorated much. Another sigh almost escaped his lips, but it was held back. Why was his vision blurry? Was that...tears?
It was wrong, because he wouldn't cry over this situation if he did not sense sadness at all. And he didn't.
The only time unwanted tears fell without any feeling was whenever-

Allen wiped his eyes. He just had to focus on finishing his task. There were not many things he could take. Maybe just his few articles of clothing and other small objects. The journals he'd filled during his stay, one carving knife he had, and his fountain pen... that was nowhere to be seen. 
A row of tiny yet lifelike wooden birds seemed to stare at him from atop a bureau.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 21, 2021 20:37:15  #54

Death is somewhere in the domain, or perhaps not. They are ready whenever Allen is; after all, if Allen just walks out from this place, he would literally be in Dalia's domain. Nifty abilities on Death's part, apparently.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 22, 2021 01:07:09  #55

Allen pulled out something similar to a briefcase from under his bed. True to his word, the process of neatly arranging his belongings inside didn't take very long at all. Anyways, he was counting back in his mind just in case.
He hesitated before closing the lid. The last journal and the pen were missing, left in the library. 
Well, he could leave them. Maybe Death had picked them up. It wasn't a big problem if they hadn't, though. He'd also leave his carvings as extra decoration for the room. With that, Allen closed up the case and headed to the door without looking back.

His hand rested on the door's handle.
He stared at it. The time limit was almost up and he hadn't opened the door yet, despite being ready several minutes ago.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 22, 2021 02:29:33  #56

The journal and pen were there, a curious hint for Rune and the others to find or perhaps neglect.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 22, 2021 09:39:09  #57

Allen finally opened the door. A pair of steps out of his room, he stopped to see his surroundings.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 22, 2021 18:12:43  #58

The room vanishes behind him, leaving only a corridor. It's quite clear where Death wishes him to go--he's faced in one direction in a one-way corridor. The twin doors are closed at the moment, but it's not like they're closed.
Home sweet home, eh?
Death manifests to his side, slightly behind him, wordlessly.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 23, 2021 10:29:25  #59

((Are those the throne room doors?))

He wasn't going to look back. Allen went forward just like the corridor intended. This time, the doors were opened without a trace of hesitation or doubt. 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 23, 2021 11:03:27  #60

Yes. 
Death holds a door open for Allen, actually, and then follows him inside. Again, there's something extremely creepy about how they make no noise. No shadow, either. Strange and eerie, really.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera