GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 14, 2023 17:39:29  #3721

Re: {Cooking Up Chaos}º{Chat thread for Specter and Eliza}

Basket Cat wrote:

oooooooooooo

what purpose would making the seams/turning things into stuffing have? Like what would you do with it?

I mostly thought two things
1. You can store a bunch of materials (imagine storing wall or something if you need to use it)
2. (combat) If you leave someone's arm like a plushie without stuffing they're probably not going to be able to fight very well. Plus they'd also probably want to be careful to not rip the seam open on accident.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

August 14, 2023 17:45:28  #3722

OOOOOOOOOOO

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

August 14, 2023 18:11:38  #3723

Basket Cat wrote:

also forgive me cause I haven't watched part 3 yet but are Stands kind of separate entities? Like can they act on their own to some degree or something or are they just remote controlled punching ghosts

There are remote-controlled stands but they're a category of their own. There's close range, medium range, long range, and autonomous. Usually the farther away ffrom the user they are, the less ower the user can use through them. And long range stands are usually automatic and very simple, so they'll usually operate on one or two commands/criteria to see who to attack. Or just go for AoE damage.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

August 14, 2023 18:59:22  #3724

oohhhhh okay good to know

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

August 14, 2023 18:59:49  #3725

I actually came up with a stand design for Lost One's Weeping but idk if it looks JoJo enough or what its ability should be xd

August 15, 2023 16:55:43  #3726

:eyes:

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

August 15, 2023 20:34:45  #3727

The one on the far right is the newest version of it but the one of the left shows how the eyes look. Idk about powers yet...something either related to tears or the chalkboard face the stand has but idk

August 17, 2023 17:38:17  #3728

I LOVE THE DESIGN!!! *is struggling with Matryoshka*
I think it looks nice for a Jojo stand! Since they are kinda humanoid but disctinctly non human. I like the object head.
So first thing I thought for a power was emotion manipulation (or directly inflicting depression on a target hgdfbghj) but that is an ability more like something an opponent would have instead of the main character.
Unless it's a powerup that's gained across the journey. But I have no other ideas atm xD

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

August 17, 2023 21:40:32  #3729

JKHHAFKBMASFKJHBNM THANK I STILL HAVE TO FIGURE OUT COLORS
rip
ooooooh
yeah probably true but its definitely something I can work off of for brainstorming

is there something you're stuck on with Matryoshka?

August 18, 2023 11:01:19  #3730

Colors aren't canon in JJBA so you can do whatever (jk it's better to have a reference)

The general design really lol. Like the body parts and stuff? I'm noticeably not used to drawing anything other than humans, and so I'm having a lil bit of trouble with making the body look stand-like. I'm sure it'll get better when I draw other kinds of designs ideas for Matryoshka.
I kind of want to make it purple but I'll test out colors when I have the design. I have a face idea and for the body I originally wanted to make it sorta look like a real matryoshka doll but I gave up with that. 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

August 18, 2023 12:44:31  #3731

ik but still colors auhgdjhfajfg

ahh yeah I get that feeling smh
ooh wait didn't you say you had an idea for its stand ability? What was that?

August 18, 2023 13:15:36  #3732

Yeye but it's very general atm
So since Matryoshka is basically a nonsense song and its visuals are a lil bit psychodelic I thought it could be like some sort of reality alteration, either real (in a fixed area) or perceived by the target. I like to think it's more of a medium ranged stand, and not as powerful in close combat but it can still hold its own for defense. The user would have to rely more on sabotaging the opponent to gain an early advantage.
On another hand, I think that knowing exactly how Matryoshka works would be the perfect way to counteract it, since having an enemy who isn't fazed by reality changing around them (real or perceived) could easily find Renzo and take him out.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

August 18, 2023 15:33:01  #3733

ooooh so kind of like an illusion thing

that would be super cool I think

August 18, 2023 15:35:24  #3734

also I literally just came up with this but what if Ghost Rule (Miku's stand) was basically like charmspeak, so it could be a thing where she can lie and people will believe her (with restrictions of course, maybe she has to make eye contact with that person for it to work or something) and/or she can tell if someone is lying (again, maybe only if she makes eye contact) since Ghost Rule is about compulsive lying and stuff

August 22, 2023 17:57:42  #3735

Yes I originally had something like an illusion in mind but then I thought. what if actual fighting powers. But then I can't come up with any science fact to distort Jojo-style into what Stand powers usually are lol

The idea for Ghost Rule is very interesting, though it leads me to wonder about Miku's role in the plotline. What would she use her stand for? The main thing I can think of is her convincing Jodeci and Renzo that they're friends or something like that and then she probably has an objective idk.
Also the concept of the Stand power makes me think that it could be one of those Stands that come about because of the user's skill at something. Like I can imagine Miku used to be an actual compulsive liar and then one day people just started believing what she said, which in time led to the manifestation of her Stand (this would also b pretty cool imo if you want a redeption arc in like, say, not lying)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

August 22, 2023 18:27:52  #3736

After thinking these past few days I had more of a solid idea on Renzo's character and his story and stuff
Though for his backstory I heavily referenced a character from another piece of media but anyways lol

I was also inspired by the fact that the video of my favorite cover of Matryoshka switches between black and white and the true yellowy color of the original video.
The gist is that Renzo was just a normal dude, incredibly boring in fact because he was a very stereotypical nerd (so he can throw out random facts during Stand battles in the future. This is very important of course) until his mid-teens when he either got supernaturally sick or got hit with the Stand arrow, or whatever we're using in this AU, and this allowed him to manifest a Stand. So, since he had always been so logic-driven, at first he couldn't accept that something supernatural existed in the world, but reality proved to him otherwise and thus his view of the world shattered to pieces, now broadened and more receptive to supernatural phenomena. 
At that moment it would be a big turning point for him since I guess he went like "oh well this is my life now" and decided to embrace his newfound powers and left behind his stable life to explore more about the world like this. He's probably also a little unhinged sometimes because of this. I mean it is a pretty drastic change.
But in general I think that because of all his knowledge, he's much less wilder than what I imagine Jodeci is. Though I imagine him being deadpan sometimes, and that sometimes he might make jokes with terrible timing.
I have an idea of what he's like in my mind but I'm not sure of how to put it into words yet.

Also do we have a name for the city that this takes place in? Perhaps we can take it from a Vocaloid song title or some prominent piece of lyrics. 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

August 22, 2023 18:32:59  #3737

Let me see if I can draw out my idea
But I think it's pretty cool to have a literal nonsense song for Renzo's Stand considering that he originally viewed magic as something impossible, and then it became HIS ability. His view of the world was nothing, what is reality to him now? Something that may change at any moment. So, he might as well change with it, and accept the original perceived nonsense as a part of himself.
In this case too it makes a ton of sense for him to have a reality-altering ability.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

August 22, 2023 21:41:55  #3738

So I did a sketch
Renzo before and after his yassification /j

I like the idea that he got the bicolored irises after getting a stand. I might tweak the eye color a bit to make it stand out more, but also I don't want to make it stand out TOO much because he'll look literally insane and XD
In the end I think I decided he's not exactly an artsy person but he is for color, not always in good combinations tho.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

August 23, 2023 08:28:15  #3739

help my current Matryoshka desgin looks like a bald alien

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

August 23, 2023 09:46:45  #3740

I LOVE ALL OF THIS OMG THIS IS PERFECT

RENZO YASSIFICATION LETS GOOOOOOOOO

I can really clearly see Renzo being this closed off logical guy but then after he gets a Stand and everything breaks he just goes "SCREW IT" and became the chaotic combination of colors we know and love

actually his randomly throwing out facts fits really well with the fact he has a bunch of random decals and patterns on his jacket
and crazy socks

hmm yeah I see what you mean about not wanting the irises to stand out... Jodeci's are green and yellow iirc so orange and red suits Renzo methinks

he reminds me of Rui Kamishiro from Colorful Stage and I love it

also mood

August 23, 2023 20:31:47  #3741

Yeah I had fun thinking and turning around the idea in my mind xD though it certainly is a whole lot harder to put it into words coherently.
Yes what a good summary!! I'm sure that his previous way of being might shine through now and then, but he definitely is a ✨Changed✨Man✨
I'm still not quite sure how I want the Stand power to work but now more than ever I'm convinced that it has to alter reality in some way. I'm just not sure how or what rules to give it still. 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

August 24, 2023 08:28:59  #3742

Thought I'd share the cover I mentioned earlier: https://youtu.be/zaGmunWRAuM?si=h-AaQ6jhkmzNjRg1
I think the video clearly shows where my inspiration comes from lol

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

August 24, 2023 09:34:04  #3743

BRO THAT VIDEO IS SO COOL OH MY GOODNESS
honestly all I could think of when I was watching it was Renzo and Jodeci and I love it

its v good for inspiration I love that

August 24, 2023 09:35:54  #3744

dude I actually jus realized if Jodeci and Renzo have an established relationship I could totally see Jodeci sort of helping Renzo out of his "shell" as it were

Jodeci is responsible for his chaos and she regrets nothing

August 25, 2023 21:55:36  #3745

I don't know if this is what you meant but I'd rather have them meet for the first time during the events of the plot(? 
would be cool to have them battle or something imo (*doesn't know how*) but after they're friends I would to totally be up to give her that role in his character arc I just love it

And YES I just really love that video, the voices are cool and the video animation is cool and I like how they made it more dynamic than the original video while not making it a completely different thing

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

August 26, 2023 16:40:18  #3746

i'm down for that

HHKJASFHGASJ its so fun

August 28, 2023 08:03:48  #3747

Just normal jobro stuff yk
Btw did you read my post way above where I replied to the Miku thing? Anyways I'm asking again if we have a name idea for the city :3

Also, could you reply to ar at least check out the library thread?

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

August 28, 2023 14:15:14  #3748

oh my bad I must have missed that one aklsjhdghjagka

if her stand ability is being able to lie and get away with it, then yeah, I think that could work. Starting out as a liar who realizes maybe that's not a good thing and tries to make herself better because she's got real friends for once who actually care about her could be super interesting. If she lies, I'd think that also means she can't express herself well, meaning she just says things to get people to leave her alone, which could also play into Mikuci really interestingly 

I don't think we came up with a city name

yes I'll do that

August 28, 2023 18:28:36  #3749

No prob jhfkdj I sent in a lot of messages that day so it's fine
I think you did a design for Miku, ye? I'm thinking, with this I think it would round up her basic character really well.

Any suggestions? I was hoping for sometin vocaloid-ish or related but I do not have ideas

ty

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

August 30, 2023 18:11:22  #3750

Yo I had a vague idea for Renzo's ability
What if it's based on actual Matryoshka dolls? Like something inside something else, for an illusion type-thing I'm thinking layer after layer of illusion each with its own rules or something. I would much rather the ability be reality manipulation, but I can't think of something related to that atm lol

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

Board footera