HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 20, 2022 12:46:28  #3121

Re: {Cooking Up Chaos}º{Chat thread for Specter and Eliza}

Basket Cat wrote:

I have a draft design for Jodeki

Basically none of it except her physical appearance (not even the colors) are decided and I don't know what I'm going to make her stand look like lol

Undefined colors are on point for JJBA so dw about that lol
I would however like to give my character a color scheme that doesn't clash with Jodeki's
And I feel like her hair might need some jazzing up? Looks pretty nice but I feel it could use a style or an accessory. Dunno tho.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 20, 2022 12:47:50  #3122

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

Basket Cat wrote:

I have a draft design for Jodeki

Basically none of it except her physical appearance (not even the colors) are decided and I don't know what I'm going to make her stand look like lol

Undefined colors are on point for JJBA so dw about that lol
I would however like to give my character a color scheme that doesn't clash with Jodeki's
And I feel like her hair might need some jazzing up? Looks pretty nice but I feel it could use a style or an accessory. Dunno tho.

I've considered putting her hair in a ponytail (at least sometimes) so giving her something that helps keep it up might look nice

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

April 20, 2022 12:48:22  #3123

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

Basket Cat wrote:

Basically lipstick zombies

I can imagine a purple lipstick mark.

WKJEGRSDFJHDSKF I JUST REMEMBERED
THAT ONE ZOMBISOU EPISODE FROM MIRACULOUS LADYBUG

Idk if you've watched it but basically the villain puts kiss/lipstick marks on ppls and turns them into zombies that kiss other people and turn them into zombies.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 20, 2022 12:49:53  #3124

Also just smthn to maybe keep in mind but the kiss/lipstick symbol thing is already taken by a character from Stone Ocean (whose stand is literally named Kiss) so it would be p cool to find a different mark.
I mean we don't really have to, it's just that I thought of that.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 20, 2022 12:51:49  #3125

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

Basket Cat wrote:

Basically lipstick zombies

I can imagine a purple lipstick mark.

WKJEGRSDFJHDSKF I JUST REMEMBERED
THAT ONE ZOMBISOU EPISODE FROM MIRACULOUS LADYBUG

Idk if you've watched it but basically the villain puts kiss/lipstick marks on ppls and turns them into zombies that kiss other people and turn them into zombies.

OH I REMEMBER THAT ONE

THAT EXPLAINS WHY YOU THOUGHT OF PURPLE LIPSTICK AGSFAFKHGKJH

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

April 20, 2022 12:52:17  #3126

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

Also just smthn to maybe keep in mind but the kiss/lipstick symbol thing is already taken by a character from Stone Ocean (whose stand is literally named Kiss) so it would be p cool to find a different mark.
I mean we don't really have to, it's just that I thought of that.

That's a valid concern

...any suggestions

April 20, 2022 15:50:06  #3127

I mean like I could come up with anythign better right now asdfkjhl

By the way Idk if you saw my message but I still do not have a name for My Character
I'm thinking of perhaps taking a producer name or a name from a song because. music references.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 20, 2022 16:58:21  #3128

oh RIP

uhh you'll want something that still sounds vaguely normal ig

April 20, 2022 17:03:13  #3129

First name that popped into my head was Yura Mizuno but I doubt you'd want that as a name xD

April 20, 2022 17:46:30  #3130

Btw here's my first digital sketch
I fixed up the design a lil bit so it wouldn't look as wild as the original but ehhhh idk it's beta.

I'm still not sure about the color scheme, might switch to something a bit more neutral. Also probably needs some print and/or details to make the clothing stand out more.
Originally he had brown hair and a red+green+gray color scheme but I was like "bruh I'm just designing another Specter" so XD

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 20, 2022 17:46:44  #3131

He looks like a girl

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 20, 2022 17:48:18  #3132

Basket Cat wrote:

First name that popped into my head was Yura Mizuno but I doubt you'd want that as a name xD

Yeah no XD

Idk, I might use google translate for something actually lol or maybe just look up a meaning.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 20, 2022 17:52:47  #3133

No he looks like he could be a jojo character

I'd say try to give him a more unique silhouette? I mean, Jojo characters (and the Vocaloids) usually have fairly complex outfits as well as a recognizable silhouette.

April 20, 2022 17:52:58  #3134

Reminds me that I should do that with Jodeki too lol

April 20, 2022 18:17:25  #3135

There are so many things wrong with my sketch I-
Well I mean I guess it's just a concept sketch for a reason.

Anyways what about we call the dude Pasta until I actually pick out a name

I will definitely change some things. The clothes could be good enough but they're kind of, idk, generic also you can see his underwear a little hahahah. Mostly thinking about the jacket type and maybe add some pins/decoration to his hair? I was going for a slightly fluffy style that's longer at the back than at the top. 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 20, 2022 18:20:44  #3136

I need to come up with the stand to combine it with the right appearance too
Also I guess I also need to find a nice pose to draw "Pasta" in, something jojopose-worthy

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 20, 2022 18:30:00  #3137

:00 that's right we need to come up with signature poses

as one does

April 20, 2022 18:30:59  #3138

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

There are so many things wrong with my sketch I-
Well I mean I guess it's just a concept sketch for a reason.

Anyways what about we call the dude Pasta until I actually pick out a name

I will definitely change some things. The clothes could be good enough but they're kind of, idk, generic also you can see his underwear a little hahahah. Mostly thinking about the jacket type and maybe add some pins/decoration to his hair? I was going for a slightly fluffy style that's longer at the back than at the top. 

Yeah, Jojo outfits have always been basic-turned-customized, particularly in the earlier parts.

April 26, 2022 20:02:23  #3139

April 27, 2022 14:06:59  #3140

Ok first I'm sorry for not being online but I'm busy with some things andddd I'm tryina navigate a new schedule so yeah things
Anyways I came quicc because last night I had a plot? idea? Or well it's not really plot I'm not sure what it is really and it may have things that need changing but bear with me as I try to type what remains in my memory

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 27, 2022 14:51:08  #3141

I'm not sure what the setting would be or in what country, but for this I'm assuming it takes place in a city somewhere. Also had something to do with the idea of Jodeki as a character. The way I think of her is,keeping the idea that she's an experiment with special DNA, but she still grows up kinda normally, cared by a family that may or may not be her real parents and she's monitored every now and then to see her progress. This would be an illegal (or shady at best) thing done by perhaps some obscure organization that isn't very important in the long run. Anyways, it'd be something like, the SPW is always looking for things related to the Joestars, right? I guess they find out about Jodeki. By the way, the group that made her would have stopped existing by now for any reasons (possibly disbanded by the SPW or any other thing idk) and Jodeki exists normally Ig. Returning to the SPW, they'd try to contect or reach out to our girl, and here's where the rest of the plot would come in.
Something happens and the city this takes place in goes off the map or just becomes inaccessible from othe outside, either of these or something else works. The thing is that this city becomes isolated with no means of comunicating with the outside. I thought this could be due to Luka's stand, it could block off a large area and slowly (or not so slowly) influence the people inside for something, idk but the first thing I thought was that they'd go into sleep/suspended animation unless they bear the lipstick mark, which would allow the bearer to be inmune to the effects of the stand.
There gives possible motivation for Jodeki to try to stop whatever's causing that. Anyways, yeah.
I do not know yet what Luka's goal in doing all this would be but it could just literally be anything. I picture her as a businesswomasn of sorts which might be kinda cliche but XD. The thing is that with this idea of her I think she could have developed something (or possibly using someone else) to manipulate stand abilities (or their users), and this can lead to her activating more than one stand at the same time even though they wouldn't all belong to her. 
There's a possibility that with a large part ofo the city inhabitants out of comission, there's some sort of fights for control over sectors of the city? Maybe between the people marked by Luka and some other guys.

That's more or less what I remember of my thoughts atm and yeah it's not very detailed XD but well I wanted to share it.

I lack an idea of how Jodeki and my character would meet. The requirement for being a Jobro is for the protag to have beaten their future friend in a battle though, so that's something I've yet to think about.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 27, 2022 16:20:47  #3142

I LIKE THIS IDEA

YES

If Jodeki possess Joestar blood in an capacity that would explain why the SPW would be looking for her forr some reason

April 28, 2022 11:37:36  #3143

Oh and btw Jodeci is a band name so I guess Jodeki is a localized name? XD

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 28, 2022 11:37:55  #3144

Also thought it'd be hilarious if Night Fever got localized to Evening Sickness

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 28, 2022 20:41:18  #3145

AJHGDKFHASL I DIDN'T KNOW JODECI WAS A BAND NAME

I JUST USED A K BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT MADE IT CLEARER HOW IT'S PRONOUNCED

April 28, 2022 20:41:53  #3146

Len's localized stand name: Arm Bug

April 28, 2022 20:42:27  #3147

eVeNiNg SicKneS tHo

April 29, 2022 08:49:12  #3148

Ok I looked it up and apparently Jodeci is pronounced "Jo-de-see" and not "Jo-de-kee" like I thought it was so if we're referencing the band that I had never heard of up to this point then it'll have to be Jodeci but if not it could still be Jodeki.

April 29, 2022 08:55:55  #3149

Specter I looked up Jodeci the band and they have/had a band member named JoJo

April 29, 2022 09:27:19  #3150

If we went with the "city in suspended animation" idea, then maybe it could be that stand users aren't effected by it (maybe just if its used on a massive scale), so there are very few people able to move around. Since the stand users still couldn't leave the barrier thing surrounding the city, it becomes more of a survive-or-die type situation where they scrounge around in stores and things for stuff to survive.
Now if we did that, we'd have a setup for the JoJo-Jobro fight, because then the two could meet, probably and since they don't want the other person to taking their supplies, they start fighting, discovering they're both stand users, and then eventually decide to work together.

Board footera