HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 1, 2021 22:41:15  #1

[@Specter] Lol for New Year's we get yet another thread...

(I got a dream for this and I'm just going to make this thread because if gods exist this is basically their will for 2021; if this seems spontaneous and with 0 planning that's because it is)
(In terms of thread chronology I have no idea; I'll figure it out later lol)

It might seem a bit strange for Rai to do this, but in the morning, he sent Dion out of wherever their current residence is with one errand--to look around the city for different hair salons and hair-cutting shops and basically see what deals there are, what prices there are, what hairstyles there are to be offered, et cetera. He gave Dion plenty of money but bid the other to not spend the money in the actual shops. In any case, he did say the money was mostly for "transportation fares, emergencies, and also food. Plan the use well," and then he gave Dion something kind of like a phone for communication purposes and also to take pictures of hairstyles he liked; and finally, he opened the front door for the teenager and bid him adieu.
Sure hope Dion's independent enough to do all that, or he should probably be giving Rai a call now, yeah?
In any case, Rai isn't planning on going anywhere today. In fact, right now, he's kind of chilling in the kitchen place, fiddling with his phone.
​How's Dion doin'?

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

January 2, 2021 02:28:44  #2

Re: [@Specter] Lol for New Year's we get yet another thread...

Dion is definitely taking the chance to somehow "prove" that he is a reliable and independent person. Maybe the situation wasn't as important as he made himself believe, but in any case, it just caused Dion to put more effort into the actual task. Which is a good thing. 
It may not be very surprising, but Dion does know how to manage money. Manage in the sense of not spending unnecessarily. So what he has been given is definitely more than enough. The only thing concerning his mini-trip thing is that Dion hasn't ever been very keen on the idea of "going out". 
By the way, he was also pretty excited about the phone thing. Perhaps that motivated him enough to actually be outside for longer. 

Well, Dion was kind of getting tired just from going around. It could be a good idea to tell Rai about his progress. Maybe his efforts would be recognized! 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

January 2, 2021 02:43:56  #3

That's up to Dion. Yay!

---

As weird as it may seem, Rai suddenly seems to act like an anime protagonist. "A'ight, I'm gonna do it!" he exclaims to himself, though even without anyone around, his voice is just flat as usual, and as such, lacking of the characteristic enthusiasm most anime protagonists have. Well, those in the shounen genre, anyways.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 2, 2021 20:25:15  #4

After making sure he had a good stock of pictures (though they weren't a lot), Dion headed to a park so he could sit.
He dialed Rai's number.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

January 2, 2021 21:00:32  #5

Rai picks up before the first ring completely materializes on his end. Funnily enough, he slightly covers the phone with one hand without speaking at all before he reverses the action and goes, "Hello."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 3, 2021 00:11:28  #6

"Hi," went the almost immediate reply, Then a pause. "I think I finished."

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

January 3, 2021 00:27:44  #7

"Ah, cool. Has everything gone alright?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 3, 2021 02:59:29  #8

"Yeah." Dion nodded even though the other couldn't see him. "I got pictures. Did what you asked too. Should I return now?"

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

January 3, 2021 03:46:31  #9

"Feel free to do so. You don't have to unless you want to stay outside more." There's no sarcasm in that, by the way. Rai is probably aware of Dion not being too keen on staying outside, but he has it remain a choice. "Did you enjoy the trip outside?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 3, 2021 14:50:21  #10

"It wasn't... bad. I'll get right back. Bye."

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

January 4, 2021 00:06:53  #11

"Bye-bye. The door's locked, so please do knock."
Rai hangs up the line with a small sigh. He looks at the rest of the kitchen pointedly before video calling Wiley, though right now he's closed the camera on his phone. 
---

"Domino Pizza's, what is your order?" comes what sounds to be an old man's voice. 
"Don't pull that with me." It couldn't be said Rai's voice is severe, exactly, but he's definitely more serious than usual. "I thought you said you didn't touch this kitchen?"
"You have the wrong number," comes the response, then a pause. Finally, Wiley's voice is back to normal. "Dude, did you seriously hack my phone??? This is a new one!" 
Rai smirks, knowing the chemist can't even hang up on him, and doesn't respond to the question. "I repeat: I thought you said you didn't touch this kitchen?"
"Rai, I didn't. I swear I didn't," comes Wiley's voice. 
"I knew you were lying."
"I swear!" Wiley's voice raises a notch. "I swear on all the pizza in the world!"
"Thought you hated most types of pizza," Rai says dully.
"Well..." 
"What did you do?"
"I really didn't do anything."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 4, 2021 01:26:28  #12

Dion knew nothing about the conversation going on in the other room.
After pocketing the phone and adjusting his coat, he started back. At least he had been careful enough to not get lost.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

January 8, 2021 23:20:46  #13

(Lol a long post of mine got swallowed so I gave up for a bit; here I am again with a bit less amusing post. Ah well.)

"You really are not too versed in the art of deception," Rai remarks drily. "Shall I send a picture?"
"Sure thing," Wiley replies. It now sounds like he's chewing something. Hopefully it's something like gum, not a rubber eraser.
Rai, who came to this conversation prepared, sends it.
There's a huge pause, but then Wiley's laughter, which is overly loud as usual, resonates throughout the temporary residence.
"Oh! Dairy me! Pfft!" he laughs. "I see! Sorry about that! I completely forgot to reverse that!"
Rai narrows his eyes slightly at the screen.
"Hold up a bit, I'll be over to get that. ...it's edible, right? I'll bring like ten cans for that. That's enough, right?"
"...don't come over."
"Why?"
"Bad time," Rai explains, not specifying since it wouldn't help anyways. Unfortunately, not specifying also doesn't help. Nothing does.
A pause, and then Wiley sounds like he's sending a creepy grin at the screen. "What, you have a girlfriend coming over?"
A full pause on Rai's part. He's mostly in shock. That is to say, he's kind of shocked--mostly from how random that guess was.  
"Aha! Did I get it?"
"No." Rai states that so strongly that it's clear he's trying to make it absolutely known that he's not lying. Unfortunately, Wiley's too used to him lying.
"Ooooo, what does she look like? Is she hot?"
"Wiles, I said, that's not the ca--"
"Don't pull that with me! Answer the question!"
"How can I answer the question if there's no 'she' in question?"
"But there is a she in question!"
Rai's really not built as a character for this type of conversation. "I'll just clean it up. Don't come over," he says with complete certainty as he ends the call.
Even he feels tired from this type of interaction.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 9, 2021 12:55:37  #14

((That post was so funny xD I think it just made my day hahaha))

Well, Dion continues his return "home". It shouldn't take too long now.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

January 12, 2021 00:25:42  #15

Yay!

Rai steps out of the kitchen area carefully to scope out the situation. His eyes give off an unperturbed aura as he looks up and down, left and right, and then back again. Unfortunately, if Dion were to see this scene, he probably would not be so composed.
"Ah, for heavens' sake," he murmurs to himself. "Couldn't it have been the batter that did this instead? Baked batter, preferably. I never really liked eating cream..."
That's about as close to a complaint as anything Rai will say, because as soon as the last word finishes, he uses the area of his wrist closest to the back of his hand to wipe some hair to the side further--and then he gets to work trying to get everything sorted up. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 12, 2021 00:40:42  #16

Bruh just imagine Dion overreacting.

Alright, well, there's not much to narrate here while Dion gets back. Unless something is requested, of course.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

January 12, 2021 01:18:17  #17

(Lol you know you can ask for a timeskip)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 12, 2021 01:21:51  #18

((Yes please.))

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

January 13, 2021 02:28:54  #19

(Lol that's not asking but fine. You need to initiate the timeskip lol)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 13, 2021 15:01:15  #20

Dion's trip back was pretty much uneventful.
He really didn't feel like walking anymore. In any case, a car was faster. So he chose that. After all, he had been careful with deciding the quantity of money he was going to spend, including enough for the return.

Because the place he's staying at is undefined, let's skip to his getting to the entrance door and casually knocking. 
Now at last Dion could ask Rai why he had to go out to collect pictures and take prices.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

January 14, 2021 01:21:34  #21

The door opens automatically after a very brief period of feeling like at least three eyes are watching them. The moment Dion steps in, the door closes so quickly that its momentum is barely stopped by whatever mechanisms Rai put in there. Speaking of the devil, he's waiting to the side of the entrance as well.
"Well, well, welcome to the Jaegers' band!" Rai remarks. Or whatever the Jaegers' theme lyrics are. The narrator hears just about everything differently with every listen.
Rai pauses. He probably thinks something is wrong. 
Hmmm, is something wrong? ...oh wait, wrong world, huh.

"Look who's back," the cyber agent greets with a smirk. "Welcome. I already asked how the trip was, so time to switch the question. How was your day?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 14, 2021 02:04:19  #22

The question was met with a shrug and a bland scowl. "Fine. The streets weren't too crowded."

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

January 14, 2021 13:22:17  #23

"Well, that's great, the less people the better sometimes," Rai comments.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 14, 2021 13:47:02  #24

"Yeah. Anyways, here are the pictures."
Dion fumbled in his pocket for a bit before pulling the phone out and offering it to Rai. 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

January 14, 2021 14:21:03  #25

"These are the ones you like, right?" Rai takes the phone and flips through the pictures.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 14, 2021 17:01:32  #26

Dion nodded and moved so he would be able to see the images too. He twirled a strand of his hair around his finger. 
He hoped his choice of haistyles wasn't too bad. Maybe the other wouldn't like them much, but if so, then why would he have sent Dion to choose his favorite hairstyles? The teen began to blush expectantly.

Most of the pictures were of one-length haircuts, neater versions of the style Dion sported back when he first met Rai. It wasn't like he had taken pictures of the same haircut over and over, though. They were just similar. There was a picture of a lady's bob cut in there too.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

January 14, 2021 21:36:06  #27

Rai could care less for what Dion wants to do with his own hair, unless it's that he wants to go bald, which would be a decision Rai would momentarily squint at before deciding he shouldn't judge. He looks over the hairstyles generally, mostly to self-check. 
"Have a favorite?" he asks.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 15, 2021 08:47:28  #28

((No why is this cursed image in my head))

"Yep," Dion leaned forward to point. "That one. I think it looks better than the others."

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

January 15, 2021 12:29:00  #29

"Alright, I think that's doable. Hmm..." Rai eyes a certain section of the picture for a bit longer than he intended, his gaze staying there for a few moments before he looks at the hairstyle with an even keener eye than before.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 15, 2021 13:43:56  #30

"Are you setting up a hair salon or barbershop?"

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

Board footera