HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 26, 2021 01:04:47  #91

Re: [@Specter] Nagesh and Laurie are heading for the meeting...

Galaxian is actually starting to look worried, for whatever reason.
"I can alter my suggestion to 'greatest connection in Forengard,'" Nagesh offers with yet another grin. "But then, I would be worried about others trying to come here just for the internet."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

August 27, 2021 00:17:03  #92

Laurie shook her head. "No, no. Please choose the name according to what you see fit." She finished with a smile.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

August 27, 2021 00:37:21  #93

"My suggestion was a joke," he confides, his smile ever present. "I actually find Felix to be a delightful name, but I do want to suggest structuring it or writing it somewhat differently so that it doesn't seem like someone named Felix just named the wifi after himself. Like Chiyoko said, maybe an addition of numbers or symbols, or both if that's what we prefer."
"We could do things like capitalize a part of 'Felix' that isn't the starting 'F,'" Manai pipes up. "Like 'x' or 'l.' Or any part, really. Though maybe capitalizing l would be weird, because it'd look like 'FeLix.' Iron Lix or something. I don't know about you guys, but for some reason that sounds ominous to me."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 27, 2021 00:50:24  #94

Laurie's eyebrows rose involuntarily out of surprise. It didn't last long. 
"Thank you," she said quietly, and under her breath, repeated, "Iron Lix" because it sounded interesting. She's leaving the rest of the naming to the others for now unless something is asked to her directly.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

August 27, 2021 01:09:37  #95

Galaxian also remains quiet, though his quietness is the unsettled kind, where he shifts uncomfortably, not liking how he can't help. 
"But that's a little complicated, so--" Manai reaches her hand out, and poof, a small piece of paper along with a fountain pen appears on her hand, "--let's see how numbers and symbols go! I'll write them down so we can combine them in a way we all like. Let's start with Chiyoko as well as numbers." She smiles brightly at the older girl. "Do you have a rational number greater than -1 and lesser than 10 that also only has a single digit and is special to you?"
Chiyoko blinks. It's not that she can't keep up with how the other talks; it's that she's taking time to think. Also, she does find the way Manai phrased that intriguing to some degree.
"Not particularly," she states after a few seconds. "I think that ten would have been my answer, but that is already nicely represented by the 'X' in Felix."

Manai nods along enthusiastically.
Chiyoko offers everyone else a smile. "My apologies for starting off the chain of answers as such. Please pretend as if I had not spoken. I do not wish to interfere with your responses."
Well, looks like Laurie should think of an answer. Manai's obviously trying to start off with different people, but it's going to be her turn soon anyways, seeing as there are only so many people in the group presently.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 2, 2021 21:27:38  #96

Numbers, symbols...from the first ones Laurie could pick one, but for symbols she would have to think a bit more. Really, a number would be easier to suggest, so she hoped that it would be the question directed to her.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 2, 2021 22:53:05  #97

"Galaxian!" Manai goes next, since he hasn't been particularly talkative. "What about you?"
To his credit, the deity doesn't start, maybe because it's rather sensible to predict that he won't be able to avoid answering. "Two, I think," answers the god. He says it with no hesitation for once, though typically one would expect that to be the typical. He nods a little to be sure on his answer, but adds: "I don't think my number should count. Maybe put it if there aren't too many numbers."
"Good point. I'll keep that in mind for the password then," Manai responds with a reassuring grin before looking towards Nagesh. "What about for you, Shu?"
"Three." He, too, answers with no hesitation, perhaps because hesitation itself is rarely paired with someone like him. 
"'Kay." She says it like she already knows. Now, it's Laurie's turn. She grins at the other. "Your turn, Laurie."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 2, 2021 23:08:35  #98

"Five," goes the almost immediate reply. Laurie confidently looked back at Manai's face.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 2, 2021 23:25:46  #99

"Felix235 is what we have right now," she informs the others. "Now, for a symbol. We can come up with this together if everyone's good with that."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 3, 2021 00:01:25  #100

Making up her mind to not let confidence falter, Laurie nodded.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 3, 2021 21:11:49  #101

"A symbol? That may be more optimal for a password," Chiyoko tells Manai. 
"Oh yeah, that's true," she acknowledges, sitting back a little and nodding her head intently. "But is Felix235 sufficient? Should we capitalize the X or something?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 5, 2021 01:17:41  #102

She raised her hand by a centimeter or two. "I vote in favor of capitalizing the X."

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 5, 2021 01:30:46  #103

"Okay, and now the rest of you are just going to say, 'Sure, let's do it,'" Manai guesses for the others.
Nagesh raises a hand. "Professor?"
"Yes?"
"Let's make Laurie do most of the work," he says with his best attempt at a scheming grin. He even adds a steeple of his fingers to boot.
She cocks one eyebrow as she tries to hide a grin in favor of a more exasperated expression. The attempted expression fits her just as well as does the evil grin on Nagesh--that's to say, neither fits. She gives up and just grins in the end. "You just reworded what I guessed, Shu," she points out.
"Right." He leans back a bit. "That was exactly the point."
Manai smirks a little as she looks at the others. "Are you guys going to try that, too?" she asks.
Galaxian raises a hand. "I can just say nothing on the topic to prove you wrong," he states.
"What topic?" Nagesh asks the deity innocently; and for the first time in the meeting, the god breaks a genuine, unforced smile. 
Chiyoko just slightly smiles. Seems like she's following Galaxian's idea.
Manai's grin is as full as a waxed moon at this point. "You guys are the best," she murmurs with a slight laugh hiding behind her words. She hoists her arm out like she's giving an order, then smiles at Laurie. "The vote is unanimous! The 'x' will be capitalized. We now move from the old name of 'Felix235' to...'FeliX235.'" The pronunciation is intentionally the same both times, and she smiles at everyone, earning a chuckle from the mage and a short giggle from the god. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 5, 2021 22:02:16  #104

Laurie shook her head and relented to an amused smile in the middle of it. 
"Thank you for your support," she commented with a sprinkle of a chuckle to her last word.

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (September 5, 2021 22:02:33)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 5, 2021 22:09:40  #105

"Quite mandatory," Nagesh responds. Galaxian's smile shifts a little towards gladness.
Manai takes the opportunity to speak before the moment can fully slip away, leaving the group in awkward silence. "Okay, now we work on the password," she says. As she speaks, she flips the Kindle-like device she has back on. Seems like a new pop-up has appeared on the screen, with "FeliX235" entered on it. "For symbols...let's all think about it and then we can share, okay? In advance, if you don't want to share for this round, just say it once it's your turn."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 5, 2021 22:15:30  #106

The smile went back to Laurie's usual expression, almost. The joy  from the previous moment remained.
Passwords are things that must not be easy to guess. Hmm. 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 13, 2021 23:11:41  #107

"By the way, guys, if we accidentally remember the wrong password, that won't just change the password, will it?" Manai voices.
Oh, look, there's Nagesh's thinking expression. Kind of funny, to be honest.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 26, 2021 00:02:32  #108

Laurie raised her hand slightly again. "May I suggest wishing for the password to be unchangeable by accidents?"

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 26, 2021 00:10:50  #109

"Can this place distinguish between accidents and necessity?" Manai asks while raising her eyebrows in a look of wonderment. 
If Galaxian got his habits from Hitan, he'd have put on a more good-looking thinking expression, but instead he seems like he's attempting to become a ball, since his knees are moving closer and closer to his face as he tightens his arms' grip around them. Unfortunately, most of the other Alternate--as in actually everyone except Laurie, and including her if she's also doing so--are looking towards him for a solid response.
"I suppose we could change it back regardless," Nagesh says before the focus of the moment truly becomes a Galaxian-shaped ball. "Experimentation can be quite beneficial."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 1, 2021 23:36:17  #110

Let's include Laurie with the rest of the group in that action.
She placed her hands in her lap once Nagesh spoke. A nod was the only other reaction.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

October 1, 2021 23:44:52  #111

"To be honest, if this place could really grant all wishes--literally all wishes--why would we have to work? We could just wish for our...wishes," Manai points out. "World peace, too. So let's just stick with using it for establishing free wifi connections for now..." She looks around again. "...which still needs a password. Does anyone want to volunteer some ideas? One idea is fine, too. All ideas are welcomed here."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 2, 2021 00:57:19  #112

Laurie returned to her idea of sitting this out unless directly asked. She'd just spoken, after all.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

October 9, 2021 13:46:13  #113

"I read about a cool thing the other day. I think it was some alternative to passwords that they were looking into," offers Galaxian without actually specifying whom "they" refers to. "Maybe we could use that alternative? I'm not really sure if it's really as secure as they hypothesize it to be, though," he adds, like that's supposed to be a disclaimer.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 12, 2021 23:07:27  #114

From the way Laurie straightened her head, it might be that she wants to know what this alternative is.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

October 21, 2021 00:23:59  #115

Manai tilts her head like an owl and grins, as if encouraging him to go on. And even Galaxian's not so dense that he doesn't know that he's supposed to specify.
...Okay, so maybe the narrator lied. It's actually more of a matter of normally,-he-doesn't-know-when-to-stop-talking. But the point is that he keeps talking.
"It was about putting in a sequence of actions!" he exclaims, somehow having riled himself up within the past three seconds. "Their research was more regarding government stuff, but I think that we also would want to keep the password secure, right? So we could set that system up, and then we could all practice doing a certain action for a little while, and then...well, the password would be set up, except it's not a word! It's a passaction!"
Okay, sounds cool. The most concerning point is a "little while," though. The deity's sense of time is seriously skewed, so "a little while" probably isn't actually a little while.
Also, it sounds like the Alternate are seriously overcomplicating this. They can blame the current segment on Galaxian only, though.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 26, 2021 20:23:13  #116

Laurie nodded a little again. An interesting idea...a secret movement instead of a secret symbol combination.
But what if it turned out to be a dance? Anything to keep the Wi-Fi safe, she decided.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

October 26, 2021 23:00:15  #117

(@The Alternate - MAKE A DANCE)

Fortunately, Galaxian more or less has most of his abilities shut off at the moment, or else he would probably endorse that sort of idea.
"If there is evidence to back that up, then I have absolutely no problem with making that reality," Chiyoko says. For some reason, she glances at Nagesh while doing so. He gives a small nod. It doesn't seem like she's seeking approval, necessarily, or even agreement. Wonder what the gesture was for. "I suppose that now is the time I ask how that idea would be implemented without overcomplication."
Ah. So at least one entity does see the possible overcomplication going on. Good.

(Rei suggests that the password be a passcode where the prompt "Tell me the wifi password" is given and the answer is "Okay Boomer"
They also endorse the dance idea.
​I am very glad that they technically do not exist yet.)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 6, 2021 01:16:39  #118

((Hsdkkks Laurie is a Boomer xDDD))

Laurie listened carefully to see what the decision would be.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

November 6, 2021 20:11:40  #119

"It shouldn't be overcomplicated." Nagesh is the speaker now. He raises both hands slightly before bringing them parallel to his legs. "See? Moving my hands now. Can you tell?"
His hands seemingly disappear. No, wait--they're still translucent, as if he's wearing plastic gloves. But they don't appear to be moving at all. Presumably, the image is only there to obscure actual movement and to construct a slightly more reassuring afterimage.
"Without involving any intersectional dimensions, too," he adds, an amused smile on his face. He looks at Galaxian. 
"Why do you look so surprised? It's just using the system you set up," he says to the deity, who looks quite awed, to be honest.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 14, 2021 01:21:35  #120

Laurie couldn't help but fix her sight on Nagesh's hands for a few seconds after he spoke. As someone who was not a magic user, it looked quite amazing.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

Board footera