GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 29, 2021 01:49:22  #61

Re: [@Specter] Nagesh and Laurie are heading for the meeting...

"I kinda want to see what you'll guess though," Manai "no u"s, both with the statement and also a smile. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

April 13, 2021 10:26:17  #62

Laurie gave a nod once again. She took a few seconds to answer.
"I have few clues for a guess, but is it a question about what we have been doing?"

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (April 13, 2021 10:26:29)

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ
pjytlñhfñksfjgnm dfmghkdhldk

April 13, 2021 17:59:24  #63

"You're on the right track. I'll give you that," Nagesh says with a wide grin.
Manai is, like. Her expression is literally "OwO" manifested in reality.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 13, 2021 19:22:40  #64

"Please feel free to complete my guess," Laurie told Manai. She means that she's done guessing. She's content that her answer was 'on the right track'.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

April 16, 2021 20:23:33  #65

Not going to lie, looking at Manai is kind of funny because it's like an OwO face is literally staring back at'cha. 
"Okay, I can try," the girl responds. She taps a finger against her chin. "Hmmm...what would Laurie guess?" She grins. "Maybe something about goals? Or food? Would you ask about what food we've been eating?" she asks Nagesh.
"Would I?" he asks back without answering, a grin of his own on his face paralleling hers. 
"That's a no," she ponders aloud. "The grin is too wide. Probably something about goals, then. Are you going to ask us if we've all put down a goal for our life here?"
Nagesh attempts a flimsy finger snap. Somehow, even though he failed with the gesture, it seems like he did it right. "Good job, you two. You guessed it," he congratulates. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 17, 2021 12:28:21  #66

Laurie's gesture of praise towards Manai's guess was a nod plus a smile. She waited to see what else would be said.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

April 17, 2021 21:11:07  #67

"But I'm quite interested in the topic of food as well, so while I allow myself to be carried away by the wind of distractions...have you all been eating anything of noteworthiness? Do you perhaps recommend particular food items, or even culinary places?" Nagesh asks cheerily. "I know you and Laurie--" he glances at Laurie as he says this, "--have been out considerably more than Chiyoko and me, so perhaps you've been subject to that type of experience more so than the two of us." 
Galaxian is now like, "What is happening". He even glances at Chiyoko in his wonderment, who just reciprocates with a faint smile. She doesn't know either. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 21, 2021 23:06:01  #68

Well, that 'distraction' was unexpected, but not unwelcome.
And Laurie was aware she was free to participate. She nodded when Nagesh looked at her.
"I can say I found rotisserie chicken tasty, and it comes in an interesting presentation," Laurie mentioned after repeating "rotisserie" in her mind enough times that she was sure of its pronunciation.
Yes, that was one thing she remembered tasting. Chicken. Maybe something a bit common, but Laurie doesn't need to eat often and so she admires the taste of nearly every dish.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

May 22, 2021 03:14:04  #69

Manai is not as fortunate in her pronunciation. "Oh yeah, rotisserie chicken!" she exclaims with excitement like when an outgoing child is asked about her toys. She doesn't seem the slightest bit embarrassed about her failure to pronounce "rotisserie." "Chicken" sounded a bit weird, too, like "chickn." She doesn't mind. She also likes eating just about everything that's edible. There's almost nothing she dislikes in terms of culinary preferences.
Galaxian noticeably smiles a bit. He might be amused by the difference in pronunciation and demeanor between the two young women. It's, hopefully, a pleasant and welcome break from his former demeanor. Honestly, his mood runs rampant as it likes and as circumstances allow.
"But which one was it again?" Chinami continues. "Was it the one that looked like it was disco dancing?" asks she with glee.
That's definitely not correct. And one can't tell if she's saying that to be funny or is genuinely clueless. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 23, 2021 10:41:22  #70

((chkn))

It would feel wrong to say she didn't remember, thought Laurie, but that just seemed strange.
"No, I don't think so," she said. Though she's smiling a bit more. Maybe the idea of a chicken doing a 'disco dance' is funny to her.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

May 23, 2021 22:53:44  #71

"What's a disco dance?" asks Nagesh, who's a mage who isn't afraid of showing that there are indeed things he does not know of.
"It's like a...dance to disco music. Here, I can show you," Manai goes as she takes out her tablet-iPad device thing. She pauses to ask, "Does this place offer internet access?"
She's met with a curious or strange look from just about everyone. Galaxian, on his part, tries to remember what the heck internet access is.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 9, 2021 22:52:20  #72

Laurie herself has yet to completely understand the concept of internet, but she knows some things. This is why she offered a slight shake of her head.
Maybe, she thought, it would be useful to learn more about the Internet and Wi-Fi access.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

June 10, 2021 22:51:41  #73

"If I wish for internet access, will it just appear?" Manai asks, intended to direct the question towards Nagesh or Chiyoko or Galaxian, though incidentally her gaze accidentally lands on Laurie instead. She kinda just goes with it. "Want to bet, Laurie?" she asks with her grin still there.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 1, 2021 13:45:38  #74

"I think you should just wish for it. I have nothing to bet with." Laurie did her best to return a smile of encouragement.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

July 1, 2021 16:51:28  #75

"You could bet on your hair," Manai says. Adding a little bit of wistfulness, she explains, "Your hair is awesome."
Galaxian tilts his head, apparently finding nothing particularly off with the idea. Not the same for Nagesh and Chiyoko, however. The latter slightly covers her mouth with her sleeve. The former chuckles.
"Professor, that..." he starts before just laughing again. "Seems unreasonable," he finishes.
"Just a little bit!" Manai clarifies/defends herself.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 1, 2021 18:02:27  #76

"Do you want some for...hair extensions?" Brief flashback to a hair salon somewhere. But Laurie is considering the idea, and it doesn't seem strange to her. "I can share. I can share if it's an acceptable payment in case I lose the bet."

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

July 1, 2021 19:53:45  #77

"What are hair extensions?" Manai asks cluelessly with completely confidence. Though, it doesn't take her long to figure it out. "Oh, oh!" she mutters to herself, giggling.
By the way, she's not usually this clueless. English actually wasn't her native language, lol. 
"I dunno what they actually look like," she tells Laurie. "But maybe you should keep your hair. It'd probably make a nice wig for a mannequin or something pretty like that."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 29, 2021 19:32:35  #78

"Then, no bet, and I will keep my hair," Laurie said. "I believe internet access will appear if you wish."

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

July 30, 2021 00:17:20  #79

"Okay, okay," Manai says, nodding her head. She swivels her head around. "So do I...wish aloud? Like...I wish for internet?" She looks up at the roof in question as she shakes her tablet-iPad device thing. 
There's a moment of dramatic silence as the girl keeps her intently focused gaze on the screen before she mutters to herself, "Oh, it's not on."

Nagesh is the first to laugh. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 30, 2021 19:05:44  #80

Laurie smiled a little more. In her mind, she's trying to watch and remember how Manai handles her device in case she used one in the future too.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

July 31, 2021 22:06:08  #81

Nagesh is still laughing. Galaxian is smiling as well. Though it'd be helpful for him to affirm how the system works, seeing as he was the one to set it up, he doesn't. Strange to say of the deity, thinking about it--him not doing something.
Manai gains a little bit of blush to her cheeks as she grins. Otherwise, she seems completely unperturbed from showing her mistake. Her fingers scramble to turn the device on via the power button.
Chiyoko's watching in a somewhat similar way as Laurie, though not exactly. It's hard to tell the difference that's there.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 11, 2021 23:52:05  #82

The laughter did not come from mockery, Laurie could tell. That was good. She did feel at ease around the others, and right now more than other moments.
So that's where the power button is. Laurie made a mental note.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

August 14, 2021 23:58:49  #83

How can she tell? Nagesh hasn't laughed in mockery in front of Laurie yet. Oh, wait, that's probably why.
From then on, Manai blazes through the password screen and into the settings screen. No idea when she went through the main page.
"I want wifi!" she chants quietly. She gives a quick glance at the ceiling and murmurs, "Give me wifi please," before waiting for a bit.
Nothing on the screen really moves. Actually, it says there's no wifi to be found in the vicinity.
At least Manai is a quick thinker. "Hey guys, what would we all want the wifi to be named? The password, too?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 15, 2021 01:05:39  #84

"What about Felix for a name?" suggested Laurie.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

August 15, 2021 01:07:26  #85

That's like an equivalent of Snuffles.
"Felix? Okay, I'll keep that in mind. Can I ask why, Laurie?" asks Manai. Obviously she intends for Laurie to just say why instead of saying yes and make her ask again.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 15, 2021 01:13:37  #86

Slight pause.
"It sounds like a good name, in my opinion."

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

August 15, 2021 01:29:33  #87

"Okay. That's completely fair. Other suggestions from you guys?" she inquires, looking at the others.
Galaxian is probably a little bit from getting lost, even though the topic isn't confusing or anything like that. So he shakes his head.
Nagesh, ever the gentleman, lets Chiyoko speak before him. At least, if she wants to. She does try to offer a suggestion. "I don't have other names I can suggest. Perhaps we can add some numbers and symbols to Laurie's idea?"
Nagesh nods before he suggests, "poor connection. Both words uncapitalized. Or perhaps, unstable connection, also with both words uncapitalized." He's grinning. Oh, gods.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 25, 2021 16:24:18  #88

"If it's named that, then would it not increase the chances of the connection quality being low?" Laurie asked with slight concern. 

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

August 25, 2021 19:04:30  #89

"Interesting thought," he observes. "Does that mean your idea is meant to attempt to make us lucky and prosperous?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 26, 2021 01:02:10  #90

"Not like that, but a positive name would probably favor positive effects," said Laurie. "My suggestion was a more neutral idea. Just a personal opinion."

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

Board footera