HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 22, 2023 07:50:18  #301

Re: [@Specter] Nagesh and Laurie are heading for the meeting...

Red velvet? Wasn't velvet a type of fancy cloth? The creativity of chefs truly is infinite, Laurie thought, but refrained from asking right there. Instead, she chose to reply to Manai, "That works better, but in that case, there would be no doors to knock on."
A slight pause came along with a new idea. 
"This is no suggestion, only something I wonder. Would it be possible to create a gingerbread temple instead of a gingerbread house? Perhaps the house structure is too important and it can't be altered in that way."

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

December 9, 2023 13:40:23  #302

"I was under the impression that velvet is a type of texture related to clothing" is Nagesh's quick response to Chiyoko, somewhat under his breath so as to not disrupt the chain of conversation Laurie just started. 
"I'm willing to roll with anything," Manai answers. "I mean, we don't have any constraints, right? So we could make anything, from a gingerbread house to a temple, to a car..."
......do not make them a car. 
"I think everything involves a certain degree of structure and engineering logic to it, so yeah," she concludes with a carefree shrug. "What do you think? Would you like a temple better? It'd definitely a lot more open, right?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

December 15, 2023 19:32:32  #303

She nodded slowly, considering the idea. But in the end Laurie shook her head with a small sigh.
"It will be our first time working on a gingerbread house. Because of that, sticking to the base idea will be better so we can be sure of what is going correctly. If anything were to go wrong, we'd know where to find the problem and fix it." 
Laurie gave a small smile. "Perhaps in the future we can attempt other gingerbread buildings."

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

December 15, 2023 21:50:27  #304

"Gingerbread base," Galaxian adds, spreading his arms apart for dramatic effect. 
Ever the master of self-sabotage, the narrator muses, and then is promptly impaled by a certain lion-eared woman in the name of holiday spirit. 
Anyways, Nagesh kinda just nods along in a way that signifies he doesn't have anything to add but simultaneously is engaged in the conversation. 
"Do we have a collective opinion on food colouring?" Chiyoko asks. 
"Oh yeah," Galaxian goes. He blinks in rapid succession. "I think I remember being told before how big amounts of that can make things taste weird, and since this project is kinda big, we probably should consider that."
"I believe that is part of the reasoning behind red velvet," Chiyoko says. "Though it is mostly the visual effect..."
Guess the topic's back to red velvet again. Wonder why.
"Do you guys want a sample of red velvet? Like maybe cupcakes?" Galaxian offers, seemingly having noticed that at least two members of the group don't know what it is. "Or are you guys on a diet?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 31, 2024 17:42:28  #305

"My diet does not ban cupcakes. But... if they include cloth I would reconsider," she stated, looking slightly amused. "On the topic of gingerbread, I wasn't aware it included food coloring. I thought it was for the decoration only."

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

January 31, 2024 21:13:40  #306

"Oh, I believe the gingerbread component can include colouring--for instance, if one wanted the gingerbread to appear red--but yes, I was more so referring to the decorative components," Chiyoko specifies. 
Manai rubs her hands together, looking a little like a greedy gremlin in the process. She's probably not distracted from the actual topic, though. Hopefully.
"I suppose we are having a refreshment break?" Chiyoko adds, glancing over at Galaxian, who's eager as ever to start manifesting food out of nowhere and handing it out to others with no other regard. In fact, it looks like he's preparing more than just red velvet.
Ah yes, a break from getting distracted.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 27, 2024 18:33:08  #307

Gingerbread was brown, so with added red wouldn't it look more brown? She shouldn't question it, she had no experience with baking.
"I see. The candies and cream-like paste that add detail to the gingerbread house."  It wasn't necessary to state that out loud, but Laurie did so anyway.
She nodded in approval at the mention of refreshments. Who doesn't like to eat, honestly?

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 2, 2024 23:53:54  #308

"I am not going to lie," Nagesh comments, "the premise feels like some sort of flavour overload. Specifically sweetness."
"Cupcaaakes," Galaxian says.
Maybe it wasn't necessary to prepare a multi-layer tray for five people...y'know what, never mind.
Nagesh takes a good long look at what is happening, contemplates asking if the wrappers are edible too, and then discards the idea. 
Anyways, it doesn't even take five seconds for two cupcakes to appear in front of everyone. Looks like they're skipping the getting-up step for now. ...though, the tray is still there, so on average it looks like they could do five cupcakes per person if they really wanted.
The cupcakes are pretty standard, really. It's the wrapping that gains more attention. They seem like custom-made wrappers for a specific occasion, probably for a little kid who really really likes cute cartoon versions of farm animals. Laurie has one with chickens and another one with cows and goats visibly baaing. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera