GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 14, 2022 19:21:42  #631

Re: Galaxian and Eliza's Chat Thread (you know the rules and so do I)

(':

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

October 14, 2022 19:25:40  #632

):<

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

October 14, 2022 19:25:53  #633

:')

General update btw: When I tried actually thinking about the group, my mind decided to instead develop the Ancient Chinese sector, which is so hilarious but also extremely frustrating :')

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 14, 2022 19:27:00  #634

oh dude that's the worst

like when I'm supposed to be developing my gigantic turtle story but it instead decided to focus on a different story instead D:<

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

October 14, 2022 19:27:21  #635

what were you trying to develop about the 0RES? Maybe I can help idk

October 14, 2022 19:32:42  #636

Lol exactly xD
I'm honestly just trying to get their plot together while still keeping it more open and stuff. Just actively making my own life harder as usual xD
also their designs but we don't talk about that :')

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 14, 2022 19:37:28  #637

hmmm okay why don't you try explaining the part that your having the most trouble with? Don't worry about making sense, just explain it to me like if you were talking verbally.

October 14, 2022 19:40:11  #638

(*computer dying noises*)
Legit just the entire premise xD. I know being cringy isn't the worst thing but sometimes it can be pretty bad. I have no idea what past me was thinking for them xD
Like just to make it clear, I think I have an okay base for most of their personalities, I just have no idea how I wanted to connect them with anything in-RP xD.

And I know this is a sucky answer but I am trying,,, pretty bad efforts if I may say so myself
It doesn't impact Zaya too much, btw. It's just that I'm trying to understand my mindset from before without just changing everything

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 14, 2022 19:41:27  #639

Alright then

why don't you start with telling me the premise? Doesn't matter if it's cringy, it's a good starting point.

October 14, 2022 19:56:10  #640

I think the only thing I can really say is that "0RES," their group name, is originally supposed to stand for "Zero Replication Experiment Subjects." "Zero" in that case refers to the Zeroth, the experimenter behind their upbringing. In accordance to experiment protocol (though it's less formal than that), each of them was formerly coined in numerical order (First, Second, etc.) while the experiment was taking place, and they only chose their own names after they were released from the experiment. Additionally, while they were actually in contact with the Zeroth, they actually didn't have anything to call the experimenter by (at least formally), so both their current group name and their former experimental titles are just a way of trying to find other members of the group. (Otherwise, the names would probably be traumatic for most of them, and they'd try to stay away from anything that directly refers them as being related to the experiment.)
Other facts: The group name is more based off their own conjecture than anything else. Their theory is that the purpose of the experiment related to the concepts of "zero" and "replication," but that isn't a certain thing. It's just the best concept they can think of that may also be shared by other, unfound group members out there.

Also, here's the thing: They are actively blocking me from telling a stranger about their backstory, and also my mind likes to "never show and never tell" (as in I'm supposed to show, not tell, but suck at showing and so never actually show), so I don't think I can say more without my mind breaking down on me xD
wow I'd suck at pitching my ideas to others lol

So yeah! Kinda a generic concept that I tried to make more "original" through more recent development lol. Who knows how bad this attempt is.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 14, 2022 19:58:51  #641

So they're genetically modified peeps and then they were released for kind of field experimentation type stuff?

I like it, I think that's really cool! It might not be "original" but my writing teacher once said that every story you come up with has already been told, what makes it unique is how you tell it. I think it's a great start nonetheless

October 14, 2022 20:02:25  #642

Err, I wouldn't say it had to do with genes, and their release was more of a messed-up thing than an experimentation thing. Like the Zeroth literally didn't care any more about their wellbeing and so just dumped a bunch of children who'd never been let outside of a fixed setting in (what were usually) the worst places possible. There might've been a slight observation aspect, but mostly it was kind of just...a possibly sadistic decision, I guess. ...If that helps, lol.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 15, 2022 08:48:09  #643

Ah okay but its still the same sort of idea?

I see

Well, that already puts a sort of unique twist on it. They're not genetically modified, so already you're using the trope to make something different. That's good!

October 15, 2022 16:53:01  #644

Idk if it is xD, I think honestly my ideas depend on the characters.
And idk if it's unique or anything like that, but it certainly is more appealing to me than being genetically modified :-P xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 15, 2022 17:53:44  #645

*looks at two different sets of characters who are genetically modified*

fair enough xD

October 15, 2022 18:04:35  #646

Oh r.i.p., I didn't mean any offense xD. I just mean that it's less appealing to me as sub-tropes go (if those exist). It's like how different people like different types of couples in shipping xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 15, 2022 19:15:49  #647

no I understand that completely xD people have different preferences

also yes sub-tropes are a thing, they're sometimes referred to as archetypes iirc

October 15, 2022 20:12:44  #648

Oh hey, we reviewed like 7 archetypes in English class lol. What a coincidence.
So by this point, what can I do for the entire Zaya situation? Sorry to keep yanking the conversation back, but I've found that I need to do it lol.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 16, 2022 08:52:12  #649

Nah it's chill I just get distracted extremely easily

Do you think you want to develop the 0RES? By that I mean use them and create their story and all that jazz. They don't need to be perfectly developed before you use them in threads, sometimes the best way to develop them is to actually use them xD 

October 16, 2022 17:34:57  #650

I haven't used them in-RP in a really long time, but I actually never made them for being in-RP, so they do have stuff going on on their end. It's just that I don't wanna just, y'know, shake all of it out of the bag, since normally others don't have a reason to care about what's going on for them. Even canonically, you can probably see how Ji Kun's policy for them influences how they're situated (his only formal policy for them [outside of prohibiting them from committing war crimes and stuff like that] is to stay away from any deity-related affairs--not just deity, but anything related to them), so yeah xD.
The above's also why Zaya can stay with them, since they're more stable and can be developed by me without influencing her too much, or vice versa. Or at least it would be like that if everything is ideal lol.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 17, 2022 08:52:25  #651

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

his only formal policy for them [outside of prohibiting them from committing war crimes and stuff like that] is to stay away from any deity-related affairs--not just deity, but anything related to them
-Galaxian-

Zaya is/was the sister of a deity, would that put her off-limits? xDD

October 17, 2022 22:12:25  #652

Who said they always follow his rules xD
Also, Zadia's been pretty inactive, so I think that probably helps, plus Zaya's technically a kid and he hasn't acted for whatever reason (inactivity obviously, but who knows what the canonical reason would've been). And it's not like Ji Kun is super inflexible or anything like that; I'd actually say his policy is pretty logical considering some things in my opinion. But that's subjective obviously xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 18, 2022 10:07:44  #653

Ji Kun: No deity-related stuff
Zaya: *exists*
Ji Kun:
Ji Kun: except for that one

October 18, 2022 16:42:09  #654

You'd be surprised at how unstrict he is despite how his policy sounds xD, tbh you just need to win him over with a convincing argument (on two sides, but nonetheless) and good intentions

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 18, 2022 16:58:25  #655

hA

he sounds amazing

October 18, 2022 17:14:48  #656

He's like a father figure who isn't entirely mature enough to be one (as opposed to a student of his lol, ironically enough), I like him a lot :D
though tbh compared to the 0RES he needs even more work lol what have I done

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 18, 2022 17:15:52  #657

THAT'S IT

I WANT ZAYA TO BE THROWN INTO THIS GROUP

I HAVE DECIDED

October 18, 2022 17:16:05  #658

HITAN HAS ENOUGH PROBLEMS

October 18, 2022 17:16:41  #659

I YIELD MY CREATIVE WRITING HIGH SCHOOL CREDITS TO YOUR USE

October 21, 2022 00:40:00  #660

Nice! A decision! Btw sorry for the semi-late response; I was busy the past few days, but I saw your post when it came out lol.
Okay, so I guess I need to figure out what to do from here. Also thanks for the high school credits :D (*chomping noises are clearly heard in the background*)

In more seriousness, I guess I need to solidify what I'm doing for the 0RES and how Zaya should "coincidentally" meet them. I really hope this works after all of this pressuring you to make a decision lol.
Also this post should definitely be made more interactive or whatever but I dunno how to do that xD
Let's see.
One, I did want to clarify that I dunno when this can/will be RPed. I know that it's more beneficial to do it faster but at the same time I have so much stuff to do, and I'm sure you're really busy too. 
Two, I guess for whatever solidification I need to do...I dunno if I'd need to prove it or whatever? Oof.
(Wow, this attempt at interactiveness sucks xD.)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera