HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 2, 2021 11:17:04  #31

Re: Galaxian and Eliza's Chat Thread (you know the rules and so do I)

Galaxian: Local Goddess-Washcloth Wringer

I mean when I originally created her I thought it would be fun if someone with questionable morals found her because that would be interesting lol

The idea I had was like these little shrines were built by the goddess and she tied Jinn's power (and the lamp) to them. Destroy the shrines, destroy the lamp. The only real challenge is finding them, since they're hidden really well, and they can only be destroyed with magic and/or divine powers. Pretty simple, but it prevents Jinn from finding the shrines and destroying them herself. Also, you can't wish the shrines destroyed,

Basically, this goddess knew what she was doing and uh...she had severe jealousy issues.
Although I suppose since she's a goddess she could essentially snap her fingers and make all that happen.

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

January 2, 2021 20:52:42  #32

Tbh you should've told me that. I kept away from the thread for a bit but no one was responding lol
Hmmmm, wonder if we can tie the shrines to other plots.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

January 2, 2021 21:04:14  #33

My deepest apologies Galaxian-san

Hmmmmm, do you have any ideas for suggesting that?

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

January 2, 2021 21:07:39  #34

Lol nah it's my bad
I have some vague ideas, but they wouldn't be much help in bringing others into the plot. idk how many participants you'd prefer tho

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 3, 2021 14:02:32  #35

Honestly it could be as many or as few as you'd like. I like including other people but if it works better with only two people then I'm good with that.

January 3, 2021 19:24:26  #36

Yeah, I guess I don't have much right now. I kinda have a lot of things I need to consider outside of GGaD that are draining my inspiration sources
I'll let you know if I get my ideas straight

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 4, 2021 08:11:04  #37

No problem dude. I sort of have the same thing going on too. Take your time <3

January 6, 2021 15:45:49  #38

Sorry for the late response. I don't like apologizing being the only content of a post, as that basically gives me a clear for being lazy. 
I have yet to think of much, but I was thinking about maybe tying the shrines to certain characters. I mean, since you can't RP the goddess, it'd make sense that maybe other deities/powerful characters who can stand up to deities would be in charge of guarding the shrines or making sure that they aren't easily destroyed.
I have to admit this is kind of a problem that I made on my part because Galaxian's more OP than most deities lol
Anyways, I think that could make way for some others using their characters or making new ones, but I was leaning towards others using existent characters. In any case, if Jinn and Galaxian are looking for individual shrines (btw how many are there?), that's like an arc for every shrine lol. A pretty long plot. And maybe somewhere along the way something could go very wrong ;) (lol if you wanted it to go that way). 
I was thinking this could be interesting because it could tie a lot of characters together (for instance, two shrine "guardians" who don't even interact usually could somehow be connected this time) and yeah there could be different motivations (e.g. maybe someone guards the shrine for money, others just for the thrill of someone trying to find the shrine they guard). 
Btw has Jinn tried getting an owner of her lamp to get to the shrines? If so, how'd that go?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 6, 2021 15:48:38  #39

Lol I'm pretty sure Specter's thread creation was the worst timing ever so I'm gonna bump this. I don't need a quick response but I do want to try to make sure you see this quickly.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 6, 2021 16:26:51  #40

Bro I admire your ability to think things through like this

I realize this sounds a lot like a plot from TLoZ oof xD

Tying the shrines to characters and giving them guardians honestly sounds like a really cool idea, particularly with already existing characters that are already in the roleplay.

There are only 4 shrines, I'm thinking that there's a shrine in each sect: Modern, Medieval, Cyber, and the the Underworld. Just to make it difficult for people to reach them (since iirc mortals can't easily travel between sects?) lol.

This could be a really long plot lol. And disaster striking? My friend you read my mind.

The goddess, being the (somewhat) crazy lady she was, only told Jinn that there were shrines protecting her lamp and that she couldn't destroy them, obviously so she could be dramatic and to hopefully discourage Jinn to search for them. Since Jinn was often either trapped in her lamp or under the "ownership" of a new master, she has never been able to discover the locations of the shrines, much less get to them since she has to go where the lamp goes and the lamp was usually with her master.

January 6, 2021 16:45:46  #41

Thanks but lol you're in for a lot of disappointment. I'm sure you also know how badly I actually conduct plots lol. If not you can just go ask Specter. I suck at it.
Oof. Well, I can promise that any correlation is entirely unintentional since I've never gotten into the series. If anything destroying the shrines and guardians ideas reminds me of Saint Seiya xD.
I think the problem is that you might need to do more development for the goddess and I'll have to try not to do anything wonky. Rn my mind's helpfully informing me how many of my ideas shouldn't be related to this plot because it could mess up chronology, correlations, or could just screw up things in general. Anyways, it seems pretty important to make sure the guardians can actually serve as obstacles, but even that just seems like the tip of an iceberg, to be honest, or maybe an entire ice sea. For instance, how'd the guardians get in touch with the goddess? Is there a specific way (even through special/divine powers) that the shrines need to be destroyed? Do the shrine guardians have a specific status they need to be in when the shrines are destroyed (i.e. so Galaxian can't just teleport them away and then...xD)? Why are the guardians even working for her, even though technically it seems like this matter is pretty petty (outside of benefits, which I think at least one guardian will be aiming for)? And who are the guardians in the first place? Stuff like that.
Yeah, I was worried about the plot being too short, but thinking about it, the chronology might become an issue at some point if I don't coordinate some ideas correctly. Disaster though...
Did you have an end point in mind for the plot? That's pretty important. You don't need to tell me what it is--after all, you're the primary coordinator for this plot--but yes, I would like to know if you have one in mind or in the process of formation.
So, was it that Jinn's former masters were all mortals, or that they didn't really wish to help her?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 6, 2021 17:42:24  #42

I suck at executing together plots too, I'm just good at putting them together tbh

Honestly I think with the guardians, they might not to be like, all-powerful mortals who their sole purpose is to guard this shrine with their lives (which aren't actual buildings, or very small ones) because they were set that job.

Realistically the "guardians" would probably be more like followers of that goddess who found the shrine and tend to it because they feel it's their duty as a follower. Like I said before, the real challenge would be finding them and then actually destroying them due to the spells.

About this being over the top, Jinn is a really powerful being, almost level to a deity's magically, and if this goddess really didn't want her to be that powerful, enslaving her in a lamp so she could only use it for others desires seems like the perfect punishment.

I mean another option is just killing Jinn via Galaxian since he's OP as already established since when Jinn's free she would be pretty OP too.

January 6, 2021 19:25:00  #43

Guessing Galaxian also can't just make a wish saying "Give me a map of the entire Forengardian territory with the locations of the shrines highlighted in red"...

---

I also didn't think that lol. I doubt anyone would make a character solely for this plot, so even if other deities were to guard it (being allies or friends of the goddess in question), it's likely their role is kinda like that of Galaxian's and Chan's in dealing with Alexander--Galaxian is in charge of keeping Alexander's memories and stuff, but he's not constantly next to said storage place guarding it. 
Killing Jinn???? Where did that come from?????????

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 7, 2021 08:04:09  #44

Well if one could kill Jinn she would be free from her curse. The only reason that hasn't happened is because 1. as much as Jinn hates her curse she actually enjoys living and 2. she's immortal and can't be killed but since there are deities who deal with basically the rules of nature there are probably loopholes

January 7, 2021 12:19:13  #45

Well yeah, I understand that since that makes sense logically, but I mean, why did you bring that up lol,,,

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 7, 2021 13:02:23  #46

I was just saying that as an option

January 7, 2021 16:53:47  #47

O.o

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 7, 2021 17:30:41  #48

I don't really want to kill her so don't worry

January 7, 2021 18:06:31  #49

:squint:

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 8, 2021 07:37:59  #50

bruh

January 8, 2021 07:38:38  #51

My nerves are so on edge today rip I can't find my message wall messages even tho we were told they'd be migrated and IT'S BEEN THREE DAYS

January 8, 2021 14:33:29  #52

Were you trying to find something?
It takes a long time. For the YS wiki, it took like a month iirc for everything to be transferred, but since there aren't redirects from old message wall links, everything is a mess lol.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 8, 2021 14:44:13  #53

It's good to know that it's still getting transferred and that I should hopefully find my files

January 8, 2021 14:52:15  #54

Go to image activity to find your files.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 8, 2021 14:55:26  #55

No not those files, some linked files that I, being the definitely cautious person I am, posted but didn't save to something like a word document and those are the only way to access hours of work unless I saved it as an mp3 file (which for almost all of them I didn't)

January 8, 2021 15:00:05  #56

Oh pfft, good luck then. :D

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 8, 2021 15:05:41  #57

ikr

January 10, 2021 19:25:25  #58

Yes

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 11, 2021 07:40:18  #59

yes

January 18, 2021 19:04:35  #60

Seeing this

physically pains me

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera