HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 27, 2022 21:52:18  #541

Re: Galaxian and Eliza's Chat Thread (you know the rules and so do I)

Hey,

Lol, it's been another 2 months.
Anyhow, I know this is real cheeky coming from me, since I asked you to do threads that kinda just got stuck. But I was wondering if you had any plans in particular for Zaya?
I'm not planning to loop her into anything, by the way. But I dunno, I thought you might want her to be in a nicer place or something. Last time one of my characters interacted with her, she was on the streets, and I don't think that's a good place to live for the long term.
I don't really have solid plans down, so let me know if I'm overstepping any bounds. 
Thank you~

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

July 27, 2022 21:58:12  #542

Ah, yes, the bimonthly revival of our chat thread. Welcome xD

nope! She was the sister of a character who's user hasn't been active for like three years so she kinda doesn't have a purpose atm

I'd love to put her in a better place though, she deserves it hasjjkak

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

July 27, 2022 21:58:55  #543

Randomly remembered that I turned Zaya into an assassin for that AU fic you started writing lol

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

July 27, 2022 22:27:17  #544

If I do recall correctly, that user registered here but then hasn't returned since lol. 
So, what do you have in mind for her? (As in, what position would you like her to be put in?)

Also your memory is correct lol. Part of this might actually be because I think I have a responsibility to be nice to characters who I have writing leverage over in other universes (': but mostly just emotional attachment and nostalgia lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 28, 2022 11:45:40  #545

valid points

idk, originally she was supposed to move in with Drago, Mari, Wyvern and Cassie but Shion also hasn't been active for years xD

July 28, 2022 21:21:49  #546

Thank you for the ideas xP
I basically wanna know what position you'd like her to be in. As in, how easy do you want it to be for her to be roleplayed again? If one of my characters helps put her in a certain position (place and circumstance, essentially), would you still be up to roleplaying her with them sometimes? And if she got off hiatus, would you want her to be basically the only one in charge of that decision (outside of maybe some NPCs, for legal reasons), or would other people have a say in it somehow too (even if it's just through being her counsel)?
And there's also how comfortable she is with certain types of individuals, her future plans, etc. That stuff needs to be accounted for too.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 29, 2022 09:13:17  #547

Bro I love roleplaying with other people of course I'm fine with her interacting with whoever helps her out lol

She can get used to pretty much anyone, its just a matter of figuring out their behavior patterns. Unpredictable people are really hard for her to get used to since, well, they're unpredictable, and that can freak her out a bit, even if she knows that they're probably not going to murder her or something. She's like that xd

She doesn't have any future plans now iirc, they all got yeeted when people left rip so I guess she's just *existing* and growing up ig

July 29, 2022 17:36:53  #548

Alright, well then, I have a few ideas we can discuss and pick from, if you'd like. I did forget some ideas though, because I came up with them yesterday, so that's that (:

1. The one who likely is in charge of this entire affair is Hitan, lol. If that isn't obvious already.
I think he's good with kids. He has a (mortal) boy in his care already. Garakuta's pretty nice as kids go, imo.
The thing with him is that he can (and knows that he can) probably only take care of her and Gara for a few years at most, so it's not really a permanent situation at all. So I guess, even though she's technically very old when going by her species, if he wants her to avoid further impermanence in her life, then he'd probably look for an alternative.
And of course, some of the following options are those alternatives, where Hitan'd look for her, have her stay with him for a few days/weeks, and then transfer her to a more permanent living space.
2. Alternative number 1 is Iollan. Dunno how familiar you are with him, but basically he's a P.E. teacher and one of Hitan's coworkers. He's a really nice guy. I was trying to make him act like a brother figure, but others keep saying he gives dad vibes instead so...lol. He likes memes and stuff. Pretty cool dude or whatever.
He's also the one Hitan has chosen to take care of Garakuta once things turn that way, so yeah.
A good option for permanence, though I don't think there'll be much drama with him, lol. He keeps his life tidy and as trauma-free as he can get it. 
The problems that could be seen is that I'm not sure if Zaya would trust him or not, because she and Hitan aren't close enough for her to trust in his judgment in friends (I think?). And also roleplaying would probably not be too exciting. And I think if she does stay with him, she might worry about her not aging in comparison to him. Dunno if that's accurate.
3. Alternative #2 is that Hitan can transfer her to the Ancient Chinese sector. This alternative was formulated from the basis of her not really aging, and the reason for that is because the Ancient Chinese sector has been around for at least one thousand years. Added to that, the inhabitants practice magic. So, I don't think that anyone would raise an eyebrow towards her age, her basic lack of growth (or maybe not? Idk, I never asked you about her species and their aging), or really anything (including her appearance and stuff). 
Downsides of this plan include the sector lacking development overall, so I wouldn't know where to put her as of right now. I mean, I guess I have a few ideas, but I have no idea if they'd work. Another downside comes with how the sector itself isn't entirely safe. There's a lot of fighting going on, and there are definitely people who aren't friendly towards foreigners for lore reasons (as in, not that she looks different, but because she comes from the outside). But roleplaying-wise, it does make for a more interesting environment, I suppose. And it technically isn't a horrible option, because Hitan would likely try to make sure she'd be safe in there, and whoever would turn up in charge of protecting her would probably see to that as well. But yeah. It's not a danger-free or potential-angst-free zone, unfortunately. So, an unconventional, maybe not-as-logical option, but not completely illogical or out of convention.  
4. This is less of an alternative but still connected to Hitan somewhat, and I say it's less of an alternative because I think this would involve more fate rather than Hitan searching for Zaya. I have a family of 3 who could foster her if they came across her. A mother, a father, and a child. None of them have submitted forms, but they're nice people. Not that they're developed enough, lol.
But yeah. The kid is really young, so the parents aren't very old. They're also new at the parenting job. However, they try their best. And they have contacts (friends, acquaintances, etc.) who are nice too. Again, a relatively trauma-free environment for Zaya to be in, albeit not the most developed, and probably harder to roleplay in terms of variety.
5. This was actually my initial idea (and thus not an alternative), but I have a character named Manai who's always interested in helping others. So, I was thinking she could chance upon Zaya and work to build a place for her friend to live in. She's really nice too (lol I like nice people), and very understanding. I'm sure she could build a good plan. If it works out, they could also become friends, and they could do friend things together, so that's cool.
There really aren't too many problems with this plan except that it relies on Zaya being open enough to friendship (which I don't think is too big an issue). The bigger problem is probably ordinary roleplaying. If Manai built a shelter or something like that, I wouldn't really fill it with submitted characters, unless I had a reason to. So yeah, it's a safe option, technically, and a pretty wholesome one. But I dunno how interesting it would be. Its single greatest benefit is probably Manai's networking skill. 
6. And probably the most interesting but least practical option is that Zaya could stay with a huge group for a bit, but the unrealistic nature of this plan comes from how chaotic most of them are. Also, they're all guys. And also they're way too undeveloped, lol. 
This is not an angst-free plan, by the way. They're involved in a bunch of dangerous things. But the good thing is that if she does trust them, there's strength in numbers. There's not really a likelihood of her getting hurt because there are so many of them in the group (and also I think they're OP??). And also, I had a plan that I never enacted into action where they could take in another female character, which I guess is more interaction potential, too.

Sorry for the kinda runny structure lol. I tried to make it more coherent, but we both know I'm bad at that.
Let me know if you have any thoughts/questions/etc. about this. :D

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 29, 2022 19:17:04  #549

The ideas I like the most are Hitan taking care of her, Zaya moving to the Ancient Chinese sector, and Zaya starts hanging out with an extremely chaotic group because that dynamic would just be so fun to see xD

July 29, 2022 20:05:16  #550

In terms of logic, the Ancient Chinese sector is probably the most logical choice out of those three. I didn't format all the options the same way, since I was working it out along the way, but yep. 

Discussing those three options in more detail in terms of downsides:
1. Being with Hitan is momentarily safe, but it probably is quite bad in the long run due to how dangerous his life is and all. He's faced various threats over the course of his life, all of which could easily kill him and then target those he's connected with, and none of those have really died down permanently. So, if he were to choose to keep Zaya by his side, it would be both extremely temporary, as I mentioned before, and possibly unwise. I'd actually have to make up a reason for his reasoning in this case.
Not an angst-free option, as mentioned before.
Also has the downside of me not really knowing what to roleplay for them. For what I can think of, I think a lot of setting development would be needed, which is a big oofy.
2. I actually don't have much to add here, except that many of the characters in the sector don't have forms. Or names, because I suck at naming in Chinese (and in general). So, that's that. Yeah. 
I'm trying to figure out how Zaya'd be able to get out there when she wants without breaking all the lore I've set up beforehand. Hmmmmm.
3. Too lazy to list and describe all the members of this group, so that's neat. (Also, I was thinking about adding more people a while ago, so that's there too.) But essentially, all the people currently in there have forms, which means less of me doing illegal RP stuff. Albeit, those forms are extremely outdated, so please just ask me about them if you have questions. :')
I do have to add that I'm not too sure how roleplaying would go for this group either, but hopefully more numbers means more POV opportunities or...something. 
I have an inkling of an idea that I might regret this, because I suck even at POVing 3 people at a time and this group has at least 10, but y'know, idk. (*holds head from preliminary headache lol*)

---

I think at this point we should be narrowing ideas down then. What's your view of how you'd like things to go for Zaya in the present and in the future? Any specific questions you'd like to ask about any of the options?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 26, 2022 15:19:14  #551

Ok well thinking about this, angsty is usually more fun to roleplay

so probably Hitan

but at the same time I really do want to see what would happen if a group of at least 10 people collectively adopted Zaya

August 26, 2022 15:46:46  #552

Sorry for pulling you back here if you didn't want to respond or something like that

Oh, all three of those options are angsty, it's just that the third option is safer in the long term and the first option is safer in the short term

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 27, 2022 09:38:51  #553

nah its chill I just had a lot on my mind when you sent it lol

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

August 27, 2022 14:30:44  #554

Hmmmmmmm

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 27, 2022 14:33:52  #555

idk its your characters I'm sticking Zaya with

August 27, 2022 14:36:28  #556

Yep, so what would you like to know?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 5, 2022 13:24:40  #557

Ok jsyk I'm not intentionally leaving you on read my brain has been extremely dead recently

September 6, 2022 00:50:39  #558

No problem, thanks for letting me know! I appreciate it.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 6, 2022 16:08:14  #559

I realize that not responding makes it sound like I'm trying to avoid you 

which is not true nd I think you're very cool

How about this what option do you think you'd most enjoy using in the roleplay?
I'm asking you because its your characters that's getting stuck with mine and I feel like you should get some say in that xD

September 7, 2022 01:51:15  #560

Yeah, that's one of the reasons why I appreciate it. I know that thinking stuff like that is wrong and/or unhealthy, but that doesn't really stop me from thinking it anyways xD I do know that you're busy though, so I understand why you can't respond. Again, thanks for letting me know; I really do appreciate you doing so.

As for your question, it'd technically be a good question to ask...except I can't decide things lol. I mean, you're asking me to decide between a character who forces himself to be highly pragmatic, the hecky situation of roleplaying like 10 characters simultaneously, or the situation of roleplaying characters I haven't really developed. So it's my bad xD.
I honestly don't know what to choose lol. Yay being helpful. 

Lemme see if this improves after I think more, but for some reason every time I talk with you my mind hyperfixates on Ryoo and Kiaane instead :') send help lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 8, 2022 12:53:56  #561

I would but I like thinking about Ryoo and Kiaane too much too xD

September 9, 2022 01:29:11  #562

Then why u no tell me ))):

Also update, there has been no improvement after thinking, but also I dunno if what I do can count as "thinking" by this point in time lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 9, 2022 14:40:19  #563

bc I forget things ))):

Oh no xD

September 10, 2022 01:34:56  #564

Tell me now (((:

Yeah no, brain still dead. I'm even having troubles remembering why in the world I would make this proposal in the first place, so you can probably guess how bad it is. 
One day I'll probably ask you if you want to collab on something Kiaane/Ryoo related, but otherwise I don't think I have any immediate ideas lol.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 10, 2022 10:58:56  #565

I don't remember anything rn bro

oh no

Do you need a brain jumpstart

September 14, 2022 01:26:36  #566

Do you now ))): I need fluffy weirdness as fuel ):

I need a brain replacement entirely. The current one sucks. Do you know a reputable manufacturer of brains

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 14, 2022 14:26:45  #567

if I remember anything or come up with anything new I shall notify you immediately

I unfortunately do not, otherwise I think everyone would have replaced their brain by now

Have you considered that you have too much information saved on your brain? That can affect its processing capacity for sure

September 16, 2022 09:50:23  #568

:D
My recent thought headcanoned that Ryoo is one of those people who looks like they'd be good at singing but actually isn't, though if she were to sing in front of Kiaane somehow they'd just not be able to tell
idk I think it might be kinda mean but it's also funny

Aww
Too much? I don't think so mate, I think if anything it's probably gotten a lil rusty on the inside from being devoid of anything except water (:

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 16, 2022 10:08:16  #569

ah, water damage

yeah that can cause problems

September 16, 2022 10:09:32  #570

have you tried putting it in rice

Board footera