GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 1, 2021 14:09:08  #211

Re: An Amateur Artist's Art Array ~ Specter's art collection

Haha a quick sketch, so not as good as other art of mine.

I was just sketching for fun and then someone decided to grow up. I guess this will be an idea for Martin's design when he's older.
he looks kinda like his dad tho

Idk why I like coloring Martin's eyes with highlighter when I make a sketch or lineart-only drawing, but I do like it and I do it.

Specter
Never mind the rising light
There's no sign of day or dawning
In my heart it's still the night
And we'll stay up the morning!

March 1, 2021 22:48:02  #212

NEJCJSKFKW OWO

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
β€œIf he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, β€œI shall be Mr. Seek.”

March 3, 2021 23:22:01  #213

Uhh....can I just say how much improvement you've achieved and how aWESOME THOSE ART PIECES ARE?????????????????😱😱😱😱😱😱😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

πŸ§‹πŸ§‹Boba be M I N EπŸ§‹πŸ§‹

Signed: Your local derp
~ Fallon

March 8, 2021 18:28:51  #214

Okay, this isn't exactly "art", but I'm putting it here because it is something I've drawn and am still working on.Β 
Also take it as a bit of a "sneak peek" at the image maker thing I'm attempting to do? Here you can see the base and a few items that will probably be in the final product xD.

Anyways, please help me choose a profile picture! I'm not sure which of these two I can use here (the other one will be used for SF). I did these as a way of kinda "testing"Β 

Btw, the F/GO Master clothing willΒ notΒ be in the final image maker (sad, but site rules don't allow me to do that ). I just drew that as an extra because I'm too crazy about it.

Anyways, I'm still testing out ways to overlay layers and how to make different hair pieces match up without looking weird (plus maybe a hair dye option?).
Uhhh the art for the left eye has not been implemented yet xD so that's why you can't see even a bit of it on my Dictator Sona even though it should be there.
Also I can't do too many colors. The shirt should be mint, but I'm doing it in a general light green color instead.

Please tell me what you think and feel free to suggest parts I can add to my image maker! It's mostly directed towards you guys in the first place :D.
Oh and if there's something wrong with the images I just posted, please please point it out to me. I wanna keep as many errors as I can out of it.

Specter

March 8, 2021 18:37:20  #215

I like the first one better personally

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

March 9, 2021 00:46:17  #216

Dictator sona?

I like the hair a lot in the first one, with the hair color change and the eye.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

March 18, 2021 11:30:54  #217

I'm posting a couple sketches here. I've actually got more to show but rn I don't have time to take pics of everything xD. Also I don't have a camera with good quality available and I'm sorry cause I know the pics are kinda blurry.

HPA!Dion drinking a juice box as breakfast

@Echo Kradly being unamused because Lumi probs ate all the croissants. Don't look at the arm askdgjhlk it's a sketch xD

Apollonia but I accidentally drew her in Danganronpa style kinda and I decided to continue trying so xD. It's not really DR-styled tho because I didn't use references. Also she looks too young.

Kewl eating a watermelon :3. Idk I thought their ahoge thingy looking like a heart would be cute :333 because also I headcanon that it reflects their emotions hehe

Specter

March 18, 2021 15:56:59  #218

Hwjdjqjfkd now I can finally draw Kradly accurate OWO

AWWW KEWL LOOKS SO CUTE

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

March 18, 2021 21:26:53  #219

OwO yes. Idk I think his design's pretty simple, but your style's different from mine xD anyways I'll be looking forward to seeing your drawings :eyes:

Yeah! Kewl looks cute (Kiut xD) in a lot of my sketches. I like drawing them in chibi-ish style because that brings out their cuteness more :333

Specter

March 26, 2021 18:53:32  #220

Just testing some "lineless" art here. I don't know anatomy and this is not the finished piece so I'm just sharing and I have no idea of why.

I know there's several errors but let's see how many of them I can fix for the final product.
Only watercolor brushes and pure color were used in the piece.

Specter

March 26, 2021 19:03:54  #221

Looks nice, actually, but she also looks insane

Time

March 26, 2021 19:05:38  #222

Yeah, I wasn't really going for that lol I just don't know how to draw eyes well in lineless xD

Specter

March 26, 2021 19:36:54  #223

Alright, did some minor edits to Sollux's main image, but I didn't focus much on that as inΒ tryingΒ to do the backgorund.

So, first time tryina do lineless art! And a decent background! And special lighting!
Please don't ask me how to do any of the things here because it's my first time. If you think it's good, then thank you xD but I'm sorry to say that I can't really explain how I managed to do everything.

Uh okay. So, lineless art. I did my base sketch as always but this time I just filled in individual color parts on different layers instead of doing my normal process of linearting and coloring inside the lines. Then, well, I relied a lot on my watercolor-effect brush xD. I set it to a darker color and defined the borders, but since it blended a bit, it doesn't count as lineart. Then I did that with all parts. And then I did my normal coloring (read: shading) with added blending. Tbh I didn't actually blend anything xD the brush and colors did it by themselves. It was a bit of a hassle to have to pick every single color so it would come out smooth and even then that didn't come out that well. Like, I don't like how the collarbone looks. And it was hard to define the face and features (plus I suck at drawing noses).Β 
Idk anatomy either. I just kinda winged it xD so there's probably a good bunch of proportion errors.Β 
Also clothes are hard. The shading may be ok but I definitely didn't add enough wrinkles to make it look natural enough.

Then, uh, the background! I've never tried an actual bg like this before. The back part is supposed to be a sunset (but I think it looks more like a weird moonlit night instead of a sun???) and I have no idea of if the colors are accurate or not. And the bluish bulidings are xD uh xD idk. The lower part of the sunset lacked something to my eyes, so I filled it in with outines of a city.Β 
The fact that I chose a sunset also led to me try changing the lighting on Sollux. I honestly dunno what I did there lol I just played around with layer attributes, an opacity-lowered gradient, and an airbrush with more edited layer attributes.

Specter

March 26, 2021 19:48:14  #224

Uh why does it look like her left arm is cracking

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

March 26, 2021 20:01:54  #225

Okay, that's an error from copy-pasting layers. I'll fix that when I can. (EDIT: Image updated and minor errors fixed)

I'm noticing that the previous picture I posted (her normal color palette) looks kinda pale/decolored when compared to the last pic.

Specter

March 26, 2021 21:36:50  #226

wow, that's really really good actually, you've got the basics and all of it down, the shading and colors are good

(p.s. how do you background, this is a cry for help)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
----------------------------------------
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

March 26, 2021 21:43:11  #227

Thank you! Idk tbh I think I've practiced enough with basic shading to do it well but now that I'm trying more complex kinds of shading Idk what to do lol. I just kinda rely on instinct for coloring too so it's a bit shrug emoji here.
Hhhskajdghldfg I seriously dunno backgrounds. This is legit the first one I've done that looks good??? I usually just slap on a color fade and some brush effects. This time I just kinda tried to do a sunset and then drew building/city shadows over it??? Idk lol sorry I can't help much here xD it's just a thing I got a spark of creativity for and dared to try it :/.Β 

Specter

March 27, 2021 11:51:45  #228

What I don't see anything wrong with the left arm. Cracking?

Time

March 27, 2021 18:57:43  #229

@Time
It was fixed lol it doesn't look like it's cracking anymore.

Specter

March 30, 2021 13:28:44  #230

Sometimes I like to sketch stuff...

I got lazy to change the sketch face so it just stayed the same.
This is a work of low quality with many mistakes. Enjoy :D.

Specter

March 30, 2021 13:38:25  #231

fjhdjgsgh half of everything I have is sketches lmao

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 2, 2021 00:12:09  #232

Kingprotea uwu <3

Specter

April 2, 2021 12:12:24  #233

OwO

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 27, 2021 01:09:03  #234

Mistakes, but the original sketch's from several weeks ago and I never fixed those.

Dion putting on his coat.

Specter

April 27, 2021 05:44:10  #235

OWOWOWOWOOWOWOWOWOOWOWOW YESSSSSSSS HANDSOME HANDSOME HANDSOME

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

May 10, 2021 00:00:52  #236

Some random GGaD sketches.
The last two were done with images from google as reference for the poses. Everything else was drawn by me. Except the background for the first image.
Also, I didn't put a lot of effort into any of these except the last one. They're just made up of random lines I didn't try to make smooth or anything. There's a severe carelessness in the first two.

Specter

May 10, 2021 05:49:49  #237

Hnnnnng I love <3

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

May 10, 2021 12:32:29  #238

They look very pretty! I really like the last one xD

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

May 10, 2021 14:03:08  #239

I like them too hehe
They're all supposed to have a meaning and maybe give a feeling Ig but idk I'm not good at conveying stuff through images.
Even though they're more like sketches (I might color the one in the center tho), I like the way they look. The last two have a bit more detail in them. Maybe I should've posted them full-size. Well, you can always zoom in, lol.
I don't know much anatomy but I guess I'm trying to go a bit more "realistic" by using pictures of real people as references? I've found that I can use real poses better for references. Drawing the human body is something I enjoy a lot too lol, it's fun and delightful. It's probably obvious that I was practicing the "chin up" pose lol.
Tbh the last one might be my favorite. It's also sketch-ish, but it's a finished piece.Β 

Specter

May 13, 2021 12:30:03  #240

So I tried to draw Germaine in a realistic style

Lol please don't be too harsh while judging the style here xD. I normally don't draw like this and you probably have noticed, though I've been practicing a bit lately (I think I made some posts about that).
And before you compliment me on my drawing skills, I need to mention I used a model. Several models. I mean, pictures of people. I needed a pose for the face (since I can't do realistic proportions by myself yet) and I needed references for the features. So, like, what you're seeing here is like a "copy" and mixture of a couple real faces, but itΒ isΒ what Germaine would look like irl. Like, I got her features down.
Also Idk why I picked that pose for the face lol it was so hard to get the nose right.
I think I messed up the ear too. No I mean I actually did make several mistakes lol I just don't want to point all of them out xD.
The eyes were hard to do because of the pupils and shines lol. Then the lips were really hard, THAT shape I chose, THAT expression, was so hard to get right because it's like if you don't do it correctly it just looks bad. I think it doesn't look that bad now. But I struggled a lot. I think I spent like half an hour just on them.

Anyways, I used a 2H, a 2B, and a 4B pencil (plus a blender) to do the job. It's all in pencil (and I almost didn't dare use erasers for fear of smudging).Β 
Idk about the hair, I didn't reference much for it except for the bangs and I don't know how to do hair (I haven't learned that yet) so idk I just kinda did what I thought was best.Β 
Also I'm not sure if I did the freckles right. Oh and you can kinda see a part of her antlers on her head! I hope they look like that and not just some weird thing up there. I didn't draw the top part because I wasn't sure of how to make the head shape look right so I just cut off the drawing before it actually filled the top of the page.

Specter

Board footera