HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 26, 2022 22:05:27  #361

Re: An Amateur Artist's Art Array ~ Specter's art collection

I LOVE HIM

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

December 27, 2022 00:14:59  #362

OWO PRETTY

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

December 27, 2022 00:16:15  #363

Bro is a femboy

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

February 24, 2023 12:35:24  #364

Chibi family
The lighting is bad so the colors don't look as vibrant as on the actual drawing and that is a pity bc I tried to make this very colorful. But I had fun killing my wrist drawing this at midnight :D because the subject is so cute I almost wanted to screech from the cuteness.
Too bad the parents are currently dead tbh. 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 24, 2023 18:10:07  #365

Awww- *is taken out by the final sentence*

XD

Very cuteeee

Last edited by Echo (February 24, 2023 18:10:35)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

February 25, 2023 02:02:56  #366

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

Too bad the parents are currently dead tbh.

"Your search criteria is too broad and returned no hits. Please try again"

Very cute! But seriously, is this from depicting the family in GGaD? I'm only guessing it because of the more naturalistic setting and also Sollux's age, but maybe it could be a dream idk. In that aspect, Sunny's hairstyle is slightly throwing me off
Also more random but did Sollux play princess and prince games with her dad (and btw thanks for the Paymon ref[?])

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

February 26, 2023 21:04:57  #367

@Echo
Thanks, I'm glad you liked it! I also think it's so cute uwu

@GalaxE
Haha
Yep, it's the GGaD version! For your characters I just took some artistic liscence because I wasn't sure of how to do the hairstyles or the clothing. But I hope I did okay? Bet they look a whole lot better than than though xD
Tbh it wouldn't surprise me, so I'll say yes. You're welcome too uwu

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 14, 2023 10:52:23  #368

Alright, now that we've reached a certain point in a private thread of mine, I can finally share this lol

Not sure if everyone has seen that meme template before but I used it because, why not. I just couldn't decide how to draw "myself" so you get that weird humanoid thing labled as "ME" on the right.
Anyways, I hope you guys like the alternate clothing design for Yvonne. I had fun desgining it hehe and I'm proud of it.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 14, 2023 13:26:06  #369

XD I actually have that template saved on my Pinterest for Alma and Alois, I just never draw my memes XD 

The clothing is so pretty too owo the colors really do slay 

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 14, 2023 14:21:18  #370

Ty uwu
I guess with this it means that Yvonne can really be seen as a "sort of sister" nun, because of the veil xD

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 14, 2023 16:57:31  #371

WHY??? IS YVONNE??? SO CUTE IN THAT SECOND OUTFIT????

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

April 15, 2023 14:43:50  #372

Lovely! I really like the new colors, I think they fit the descriptions you were really going with!

Time

June 30, 2023 10:00:27  #373

In the spirit of ArtFight I drew this ref and I'm sharing it over here cause I think it looks really neat. 
There's a few mistakes yes but at this point I'm so excited that I can't bother to fix the deatils.
I got some star speck brushes and they really came in clutch with the starry theme because I didn't want to fill everything with sparkles. Also, I decided it was best to keep the outer part of the veil completely dark without stars, because imo that makes the nebula inside stand out more, sort of like a mystical portal. Even more so when you think that the veil's inside is only visible if it swishes around by Yvonne's movement.
Also metal shading hard how do you even do that

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 30, 2023 18:05:58  #374

(EATS ART AND EATS ART AND EATS ART) MMMMMMMM

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 30, 2023 18:42:34  #375

lovely! Seeing the new design as a full reference is quite nice. Certainly quite opulent.

Time

July 1, 2023 21:49:06  #376

NO ECHO MY ART XD
And yep, I was goin for something that would be at least somewhat striking at first sight Ig? I don't know how it looks like to the characters in the thread, but to the viewer (us) it has to be sort of mystical. Once again, I'm glad you guys like it!

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

July 2, 2023 20:54:26  #377

HHHEAJJKSA??? SO PRETTY

MUST DRAW FOR ARTFIGHT

August 2, 2023 11:32:00  #378

Now that ArtFight has ended, it's time to share what I got! I'll also share my art but proably later or tomorrow.
I got 18 defenses in total, 8 of which were revenges. That's a large number so I'll try to format this as a sort of drop down list in order to not clog up the screen with images.
Obviously, all the art in this post is not mine, so I'll give due credit. But the designs are mine (except for Galaxian).

Let's start off with the attacks on Galaxian, who was designed by, well, Galaxian.
Galaxian by Chiakana

Hijo de la Luna by Echo

Macrocosm by zenoshtdn (Lucien)

DION
Dion!! by merlimesfisto

3X< by Echo

Cybernetic by SynthiaDH (this was my favorite attack on Dion. it's just so épic and I love all the effects.)

Dion by Eliza

Dion by Aquaphina

The artist drew Dion with two of their characters because of similarities and I was very happy and honored to receive this!

Rubix cubing by starrynite

Dion (: by zacky-the-wacky

XAPHAN
ùwú by Echo

Xaphan! - 2023 by TricksonLee

patchwork soul by Autumn

YVONNE
Cosmic by ama_aarts

Priest of the stars? by LIZIANERA

Yvonne by JustinOrange

I love by NidaPierrot (props to the artist for getting me into ArtFight in the first place uwu)

I'm quite pleased with receiving this attack because I think it's the only one that really got that slight horror-y element I went for with Yvonne's page description.

La quiero mucho by Marichimigatomuak

That's all the art I received this year! I was very happy to see my characters drawn in styles other than my own. I'd say overall it has been a very positive experience to participate in Artfight 2023.
I'll post my own drawings in another post later.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

August 2, 2023 15:54:49  #379

Zamn look at all this art! Nice!

I did not expect the eye in NidaPierrot's one. I know it's from memes but it's a nice touch.

If I had to select one that I like the most, it would probably be Marichimigatomuak's. I like the more painterly feel to it!

Time

August 3, 2023 14:07:55  #380

For some reason I love the rubix cube one XD

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

August 15, 2023 15:34:03  #381

I liked all of the drawings I received of course but there are some I liked more than others. I think it was really refreshing to see my characters in other styles and also to see what people came up with in poses/scene elements after reading my OCs' page descriptions.
Also I just realized how little art I've posted this year. I'm surprised, honestly. But also I hadn't drawn as much as in July in a GOOD while. I'll post my ArtFight art shortly, idk why I kept forgetting to do that I'm sorry I have many things I've forgotten to do.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

August 15, 2023 16:48:48  #382

In celebration of my team (Werewolves) winning Artfight, here's all the drawings I did for the event.
I made a grand total of 21 attacks, of which 8 were revenges and 2 were for more than one user. 
None of the designs here are mine so I'll give credit in each picture. Once again trying a dropdown format bc of the number of images.

Aranara Life (for Pasharuu)

Character: Aramaha
A fan character from Genshin Impact. I chose this one for my first attack because I thought he was very cute and it felt like a good way to warm up after not using my colored pencils for months.

Winter Ariana (for Eliza)

Character: Ariana
Drawn for Eliza :3 I feel I did a good job at layering the colored pencils, something which I hadn't tried much before and so I'm glad it worked out.

Dream of a dancer (for Lizianera)

Character: Aljahra Eaysa Kulsilya
Trying out a fullbody! Not much to say here except that I used a very specific tool for coloring that I hadn't used in a long while and it took me a bit to figure out again. I don't like how I did the feet. Overall though, I'm satisfied with the quality since I did this extremely quickly when compared to my regular art.

Let me hug her (for TricksonLee)

Character: Claudia
Not much to say here except that black and darker colors are SO HARD to shade with colored pencils. Agony. I layered so much black and purple and blue to get the shadows to show and I was scared of messing up the paper.

Goddess at sunset (for ama_aarts)

Character: Percy
Went for a painter-ish vibe here by using the tool I mentioned in an earlier piece. I feel the quality would have improved a lot if I hadn't used the airbrush for the sun glare, because I even did the background thingies with the same brush. I have some things in mind to improve next time I try a piece in this style. Either way, I'm satisfied with the skin tones (but once again I know what to improve for next time).
For most of my ArtFight pieces I was hurrying a lot to finish them so I could do as many as possible, so there was a mix of trying out new things and trying to fix mistakes in techniques I already used.

Detective on a case (for NidaPierrot)

Character: Grayson Poirot
I had fun doing this one cause I tried out a lot of brushes and played around with lighting! The character is in chibi, as you can see, as I had originally planned to make this a quick piece but then I added more and more things and well. I think I should have deleted the fog in front of the first lamppost to make it look better, but for a first try at doing an effect like that, I think it's quite nice.

Twin Spirits (for Chan and Starrynite)

Characters: Saturnina, Justina
The concept for these two was very fun to read through and imagine, and I came up with a fair bit of the clothing but I still feel like I wasn't creative enough. Even then, I'm proud at the folds, though I still have much to improve on that part.
The hard thing about drawing in traditional is that you can't resize without having to erase first and you definitely can't cut and paste stuff into a better position.
I loved the designs! And I loved drawing and coloring the hair (except Saturnina's white hair, why is white so hard to shade well)

Neapolitan (: (for Zacky-the-wacky)

Character: Neil Politan
I felt like drawing them.

Penguin boy!!! (for Salted-Muffin)

Character: Prince
The highlight of this is definitely the penguin with the bowtie and you can't convince me otherwise.

Tonight's star (for Sadgirl6014)

Character: Mika
The first thing I have to say about this one is that it could have been so much better if I had had a good night's sleep before drawing this instead of drawing it during what was almost an all-nighter.
I really like the character and I still like the idea I had, but I definitely feel that I should have gone for a digital with this idea. Or maybe tried something different in traditional.
There is something about this piece that makes me not able to like it, but at the same time I know I put a lot of effort into it at the time I made it so I have to recognize that anyways. It was fun drawing the puppet joints.

Sueño Ilusorio {Illusory Dream} (for Marichimigatomuak)

Character: Jeanne Hachette
Originally a test piece of a new coloring style, I spent more time than I originally meant to in this piece and I think the product turned out really well.
I really enjoyed playing around with vibrant colors because here I purposefully wanted to convey lots of energy and eagerness to accompany the pose I put the character in.
Blue skies are tricky and more so with the sunlight, but I found it fun to work out. I'm proud of this one (except for the armor shading idk what I did there).

Sure, I'll be your marionette (for Altali)

Character: Milia and Enoch
This piece was done in the same style as the previous goddess one, except here I tried to go more for a porcelain doll style which you can see in the eyes that I colored in a different way.
I really enjoyed doing the harsh light source from the angel above, and the shading in general was all fun. I especially liked adding texture to the hair.
I definitely need to improve the shading part next time I try lighting like this.

Moonlit Singularity (for Etudeling, Ptipi, N00fje, Magisidol, Ludicolo, ChaoSen1, and TheFrostyNight)

Characters: Orpheus, Berserker, Nostradamus, Little Red Riding Hood, Jean Chastel, Cupid, and Chang'e
I could say a lot about this image since I consider it to be my masterpiece for ArtFight month. I spent the most time in it, refining the draft and linework and coloring a lot. Most importantly, it's a mass attack, meaning that I targeted several users at once. That means several characters.
I tried background + perspective which was tricky to do since I had to scale the characters' size so they could fit in naturally with the scene. That's not something I usually do (bc I rarely draw many characters in one piece) and so I spent most of my time trying to figure out composition and perspective and stuff. The planning part was what took the most time, since it was going to define what the finished product would look like.
The characters themselves are all F/GO fan characters since I had a mini story in mind for this in the first place so to some exptent I guess this is fanart...?
Speedrun time for the lineart and flats, coloring went along smoothly for the most part since I just did regular shading, and then was the next big challenge which was the ambient light and shading.
Backlighting is something I find tricky and you can definitly see that in the piece. Plus this technically has two light sources though I didn't focus much on making that stand out.
It was fun to do the stones in the background. But the far far background was tricky to do since I don't usually do that kind of thing.
The only thing I regret here is that I was too excited when I was close to completing the image and so I didn't take the time to check each layer and I forgot to convert one to clipping andddd you can see a few stray strokes of lighting... rip.

Romeo (revenge for Echo)

Character: Romeo Angelo
Once again, playing with lighting here. I didn't want the background to look too plain so I slapped on a few lines to make it look like a metal wall.
Did it work out? I have no idea, but I had fun playing with layers.
Also, curly hair is hard.

Citra! (revenge for Autumn)

Character: Citra
This one came out remarkably well for being a speedrun piece. I like the blocky shading and the pastel background, plus the way it melds in with the colorful wings.

Between two worlds (revenge for SynthiaDH)

Character: Avira Darcell
I am inevitably drawn to ghost-related characters.
This piece is rather standard when you look at the character and the way I shaded her. However, what I really put work into is those little glitchy boxes I made to show the character's ghost form.
I don't have much analysis to give here but I had A BLAST drawing this and I am proud of the result even if the hands are a bit weird.

Depressed but well dressed (revenge for chiakana)

Character: Jocelyn
The highlight of this piece was my trying to figure out how to get diverse shades of similar pinks with a few pencils. I think I did pretty well.
As always, I like drawing hair.

Ghostly Seeker (revenge for JustinOrange)

Character: Ghost Girl
Not much to comment here. This was a fairly simple drawing.

Cirici!!! (revenge for magicalmefisto)

Character: Cirici
This one was very tiny in the paper and it was surprisingly hard to figure out what colors I needed to mix to get the correct skin tone.
I like the dark skin + green hair combo. I could've done better with the flowers, though.

Adventure awaits! (for aquaphina)

Characters: Reese Meyemi and Mel
This one has a bit of a funny story because I meant to attack this user at the beginning of the event and I was having so much trouble trying to draw what I wanted to draw, but then they attacked ME first, and I was going crazy over the fact that I simply had nothing ready.
My several attempts turned out to be futile and so I did some chibis of the characters I was aiming for. I'm going back to this user's characters next year because I owe them something better.
My brain really did not cooperate for my original ideas here.

Humming a tune (revenge for zenoshtdn)

Character: Starlight/Truth
Chibi!
I colored this one with my Copics and it was very refreshing to use them after so many months of not even touching them.
Unfortunately, most of them are dry, which is the reason I haven't been using them as of late.

This was a lot more typing than I initially thought but I hope it was worth it :3
It definitely feels good to show off a bunch of my art after so long with just a few pieces here and there.
I am definitely going back for ArtFight in 2024 if my time allows it, and I encourage anyone interested in art to try it out! You don't have to do as much (or as little??) art as I did.
It was a very fun experience overall. For next time, I'll do my revenges as soon as I can instead of waiting until the last week to do them. That was kind of stressful and I could have avoided the trouble of doing that had I revenged at the moment tbh lol.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

August 15, 2023 16:53:15  #383

I'M GOING TO DIE I JUST NOTICED I LABELED ONE AS 2021 INSTEAD OF 2023 HOW COULD I DO SUCH A THING

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 14, 2023 00:25:06  #384

I can't believe I didn't respond to this!

I applaud that you used multiple mediums throughout the challenge! On top of it, I applaud you decided to go a bit experimental or ambitious with a few of the pieces too.

I liked the painterly ones a good bit. It's something I may want to look into doing myself, so It's cool to see a friend develop it and do it.

I also liked Sueño Ilusorio. The addition of leaves in the foreground just add so much, in my opinion.

Moonlit Singularity is crazy. I wouldn't have even thought of doing something like that during a challenge like this. That's just so many characters! (and attacks too)

Time

September 15, 2023 12:23:50  #385

Thanking you again for Romeo uwu <3 I still have him as my phone's homescreen because he's so <3 you drew him so <3

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

September 18, 2023 18:40:04  #386

@Time
Thank you! I think I mostly took the event as a challenge so I thought to give my page some variety and not only that but it also made it a lot more interesting for me when I drew. I feel it might have been kind of tedious to do the same process for every single piece (which happened a bit with my traditional pieces, I could've done more but I was tired of doing the same thing except with different poses) especially because it was my first time doing the event and I wanted to make the most of the enthusiasm I had. Was also a nice way to practice tho. 
For the paint-like pieces I used the watercolor brushes in MediBang which was very interesting bc I was flipping betwee my drafts in CSP and the painting in MediBang because I have different brushes downloaded on each program (plus I think my CSP suscription is going to expire soon so I'd better get used to MediBang again). I find it really fun to apply and blend the colors with the brush itself although because of my canvas size I can't get in lines as thin as I would like. I def recommend trying that style with a brush you like because it's very fun and it's a good workout for color practice.
Bro same, Sueño Ilusiorio is one of my favorite ones simply because of how vibrant it is. The leaves were a last minute addition, and a good one at that! I feel that blurring a few elements was the right call because it makes the main subject pop into view more.
I definitely went very ambitious with Moonlit Singularity but it was a wonderful process. Funnily enough, I thought I would use up all my drawing time on that, but I was able to work on that one while working on other pieces and I think that made it more fun because I didn't get stuck laboring at the large scene everyday and instead got to switch things up with the other mediums and other characters. 

@Echo
I had so much trouble with the coloring for that one you wouldn't know xD but I'm glad you liked it! I added in the light shadow last moment because I thought the piece lacked something interesting ajbdhdfjghdf I'm happy it worked out tho. Also the lipstick on both lips was a challenge cause I rarely ever detail the upper lip.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 19, 2023 04:07:30  #387

Yeah, for painting, I think I'll have to find a few brushes to like, on top of that I think I'm going to have to learn a bit of color theory. I'll admit that I'm complete dog when it comes to color theory imo, but you did say it was a good workout! Sucks that CSP is now subscription based and no longer one time buy.

Yeah. That's a much better way to word it for Sueño Ilusiorio, emphasis of the character.

Can I ask how long did Moonlit Singularity take?

Time

September 19, 2023 21:03:21  #388

I don't quite remember, but according to file history I had the canvas for 20 days. I think I might have worked for around 1-2 hours per day on this but I didn't open the file every single day, so I'd estimate around 25 hours give or take. Most of the time was because it was my first time figuring out a ton of things perspective and so there was tons of fixing to be done.
The sketch was especially time consuming because I had to edit and re-pose and fix tiny things about the characters. I also tried to speedrun the background, and I clearly remember some 3 hours at least straight on the same day for that.
Doing a group drawing now I feel would be an easier task because of that as experience. It was really fun to do and especially because I allowed myself to take big breaks to work on other pieces and do stuff, so it didn't get to a tedious point. 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 20, 2023 09:34:55  #389

AAAAAAAAA I DON'T KNOW HOW I MISSED THESE BUT THEY'RE ALL SO GOOD KESBJAHFAFGHFJHG

all of them are so pretty I can't pick a favorite

October 6, 2023 10:27:42  #390

Trying to catch up on Inktober pt. 1:

I can't draw hands. Also my black marker is dying at an alarmingly fast rate.
Anyways I was going to wait until I had finished all my inkings before posting them together but I liked how this one turned out so here you go. Not my best work but I liked the concept. I'm trying to figure out what black marker I can finish my other pieces with while avoiding the tones to be too different. Hm.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

Board footera