HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 25, 2021 13:38:36  #271

Re: An Amateur Artist's Art Array ~ Specter's art collection

@Echo
ty xD

@Eliza
uwu 

@Galaxian
I'm sorry if it isn't what you were expecting xD. It's interesting to see your interpretation, because while I didn't really put much thought into the symbolism of parts in the drawing, I did have some things in mind.
Like, I shifted the original mood of the sketch slightly along with the background. I imagine that they're in some quiet and distant place where they can just have time to themselves. I don't know for sure if the setting is a ballroom (it's an upper floor), but even if it is, there's no light source other than what's coming from the outside. And this might sound kinda cringe but my interpretation for that is they don't need any light as they have each other. It doesn't matter if the place is deserted or if it's not the fanciest place.
But well, thank you for replying lol. I enjoyed drawing the columns but I don't know if I can say I have "talent" for drawing that kind of things xD. Here I tried to make it adorned yet not that fancy, so it's really different from the original idea I had of doing gilded window borders and more detail on the columns xD. I really shifted from the idea of warm lighting to the cooler and more serene light setting from night.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

August 28, 2021 22:43:40  #272

My side of the art trade for Eliza.
I drew Skipper.

Hope it looks accurate enough! I referenced the image Eliza posted.
I think it's noticeable here but I tried a bolder art style. Thicker lines, hard shading, and hard lighting in some places. There's just a bit of airbrush added to the hair for effect, but the rest is just thick bold lines.
There are some things I don't like much about the result, but that's all on my part, cause I absolutely adore Skipper's design, especially that hair <3

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

August 28, 2021 22:45:58  #273

OWO

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

August 29, 2021 09:30:40  #274

BRUH SKIPPER LOOKS SO EPIC

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

September 3, 2021 07:47:30  #275

nice! looks like a sticker. 

Tuti        

Is it living when your dreaming?
          If thats so, I am alive
                           -

September 4, 2021 01:05:23  #276

Yeah, I guess I was going for an "epic yet simple" style xD

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 4, 2021 01:19:10  #277

@Echo
Finally got around to drawing Alma hehe. Sorry for the delay.

I hope the design is alright lol. 
The drawing is "textured" because I painted it with a special brush (all hail watercolor digital brushes).  I have a long ways to go with anatomy and mastery of color, but I think this looks pretty nice.
Btw I forgot what kind of clothing Alma wears :') so I guess he has no shirt lol. 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 4, 2021 01:19:57  #278

OH MY GODS, OH MY GODS, OH M Y HWHDJWJDJ OH MY HE'S SO HANDSOME

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

September 4, 2021 01:24:20  #279

I know I already said this on the chat but I want to give him a lil smooch hwhdjwjfj he's so handsome and I love all the little details and jqdjjwjd

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

September 4, 2021 01:26:43  #280

both of them look really nice, yes.

The skipper one really does look like a professional sticker. Those thick lines are great.

Ngl he looks more pretty

Last edited by Time (September 4, 2021 01:26:54)

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

September 8, 2021 14:40:11  #281

Felt a bit inspired so I decided to sketch-practice a bit. Too lazy to lineart so it's just sketch lines.

It didn't turn out that bad (considering I didn't use references) but the pose is kinda awkward xD it was practice tho.
Anyways, simple coloring/shading and no lighting.
I don't post many images of Kewl, so here. I still don't know if I drew their body type correctly lol.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 8, 2021 15:18:31  #282

:0

To do their body, you just gotta make them Dummy Thicc, remember?

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

September 8, 2021 21:45:40  #283

Hskskskskk yes I remember xD
That's about how "thicc" I can draw Kewl without my sketch looking weird to me though xD but you can't say they're thin

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 8, 2021 23:37:15  #284

I really like the pose tho, I also really like the black airbrush shading on the shirt, it gives sorta a specific texture to it which looks nice uwu, it's hard to shade with black but you made it look nice so 10/10 there

Their hairline looks a little wonky, like it's receding on one side, the side with the most bangs, but I could be looking at it wrong

owo I love how you did the shoes

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

September 9, 2021 00:39:59  #285

I too think the pose is pretty decent. I'd just think moving one of the arms or legs or maybe arch the back by a little. However this suggestions is so small it might as well not be here. I think this is just a more personal preference thing here.

I get what Echo is saying, but I personally think it's not too noticeable, or really too abnormal either.

If I'd have to change one thing however, I'd just make them a bit smaller to include their toes that's it. It's basically a full body, so why not make it a true fully body?

But it's some good stuff. Truly.  Despite the suggestions I have for the pose. I still really like the posting. It still conveys motion very well.

Time

September 29, 2021 00:17:20  #286

@Echo, thanks! Tbh I just used black shading because I was too lazy to sample the fire colors again xD but yeah it worked out! I see the problem with the hairline hmmmm...thanks for pointing it out. You know, the part I'm least proud of there is the shoes lol I struggled and the right shoe looks terrible (so I didn't finish it and you can't see the tip lol).

@Time, yes, I see what you mean! The back honestly looks stiff even though it's  not very visible with the floppy shirt. Well, the canvas is like, I got tired of resizing it lol. I started small, and then I enlarged it by bits to include more and more, and in the end I just didn't add that last space for the shoe because I feared drawing it xD. I should've been a bit braver. I'm glad ya like it!!

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 29, 2021 00:22:50  #287

Toying around with some options on Medibang. Couldn't get the background like I wanted but welp I tried lolll.

The heart is a delicate thing. It hold one's true colors.
Its most personal contents are for close people only. Loved ones, friends...

"So I'll bare my heart for you. Surely...you can tell I'm being honest...right?"

To show one's heart is a symbol of trust.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 29, 2021 00:27:27  #288

I'm sorry but all I can see on the heart is a salty Grinch-like face and I can't unsee it
Edit: Also thinking of heartbones :3

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

September 29, 2021 01:36:04  #289

Honestly looking at the previous piece now. It looks pretty fine to me. What I pointed out was just really nitpicking.

Anyways nice new piece here! I love the context and the little context given below

Time

September 29, 2021 12:00:00  #290

OWO

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

September 29, 2021 12:45:40  #291

@Galaxian
Tbh I can't see it xD. Heartbone manipulation tho :0

@Time
Well, it's good for me to get feedback on my pieces as much as possible. Even if it's little details, I'm sure I can improve (or at least try to) next time I work on a similar piece!
Yeah I like it too! I think that usually I go more for depicting characters instead of trying to show something vaguer like I did here, so it's interesting (and up to personal interpretation). Personally I love the contrast between the bright colors of the heart and the monochrome of everything around. And in the description I'm not really trying to be poetic, but those thoughts were my inspiration to do this, so it's fitting to put them there.
Fun fact: I pulled apart a good number of leftover plastic pieces to see how breaking stretches would look. Used that as reference :3. The heart isn't in the exact correct place (anatomically speaking) because of the way I drew it but well who cares lol

@Echo
owo

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 30, 2021 23:40:04  #292

Posting something that's a couple months old (like from May or June). Legit was all ready except for the hair so I just decided to fill it in and although now I don't love this piece I know I meant to post it before (and then I forgot to finish it lol) so yeah here it is.
Hmm well the design is technically incomplete. But it looks like I'd already merged several layers some time ago and so this time I couldn't add some details that are missing (specially scales). Also, there's wings missing. But that's ok because those aren't 100% definite to the design. 
I don't like the way the head and neck look so stiff when compared with the body lol. 
Ngl my favorite part in all of this is the background and the hair. I drew the hair today so maybe I shouldn't feel that proud xD. The light reflections in the water look weird to me but at least you can get the idea that there's something reflecting there. Next time I draw an underwater scene I'll have to figure out a way to do it that doesn't look this strange lol.
Well anyways yes I think that now if I were to redraw this it'd look a lot better, but what I'm surprised is that I actually dared to try a lineless xD and it doesn't look that bad. I forgot the freckles lol.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 30, 2021 23:43:24  #293

OWO QJFNAMMCKSKC OWO!!!

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

October 4, 2021 00:47:03  #294

Well, happy (late) birthday to Anima! I did something and I don't know if it's accurate lol but anyways it's supposed to be a gift because last year I didn't get to do something in time and I did want to do something this year.

I don't know what possessed me to try doing a slightly different style for a gift I tried to do quickly lol. But anyways, you can see I tried to do a lineless! I tried a slightly different method and I think I kinda like how it turned out. Skin coloring is hecking hard and here I was working with less saturated colors for that, so it was kind of a challenge to do I guess. I'll have to keep practicing. I like the hair better and the clothing of course. Nothing looks perfect here but I think it's an improvement from other attempts. Oh yeah the clothes and hair are slightly tecxured at the borders. I thought it was a nice touch!
I sampled the background from Google and edited it to fit what I wanted. Then the light and railing thing(?) and other background effects are all me. 
Welp that's it. I kinda rushed to do this so it isn't as good as it could've been but I hope you like it. I hope I didn't go wrong with drawing Anima cause I didn't really have a reference xD

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

October 4, 2021 01:11:37  #295

That lighting is so good wjfjakkf it looks so pretty! I love the irises whhdjwjf so shiny. The main visible eye looks a little too far over but overall this art piece is qjdjwjkfkw beautiful uwu

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

October 4, 2021 01:14:22  #296

Also that nose looks so nice tho wjfjkwkfs hand over your skills

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

October 4, 2021 01:25:37  #297

......me? is that me? um...th...thank you...but...I don't have anything to...to give...back......oh, no......
(*Anima proceeds to ellipse for the duration of this message. The narrator conveys that if you need a favor from her that is within her ability, she would be willing to offer her help.*)

----

Thanks for taking time to do this for her. Means a lot for her and for me. Muchí--Wiles, stop yelling, please, I'm recording and haven't perfected the background audio muffler to that extent--muchísimas gracias, Specter. It looks like she's keeping warm, and I'm glad for that. ...Don't tell her I said that, though, if you would please.
And I have to say, the lighting is a very nice touch. You did a particularly good job on that.
Now, pardon me for having to end it here, but you can probably hear--
(*ironically, voice cuts due to some particularly high-pitched screaming of "RAI IS A SIMP" in the background along with loud laughter. He waits for a slight pause to be able to continue*)--...some extent of background noise, yeah? So, again, thank you for the commitment you used on this project. Take care, and bye. (*You can hear a hint of a salute from the way his sleeve sounds as it moves before the recording ends.*)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

October 4, 2021 17:54:47  #298

Yes yes that's Anima! I'm glad she likes it. I don't think I need anything, but thanks for the offer :-D

You're welcome :3. I'm flattered by the compliment, guess I did better than I thought xD. *salutes back*
Send my regards to Wiley, he made me laugh xD.

@Echo
Hehe I'm glad you liked it! Thanks for pointing out the eye positioning. That was kind of hard to do, resizing and stuff, and I couldn't calculate it very well. I'll try to do better next time I draw a face. I don't have much skill you could borrow or take, but for the nose I can tell you I used darker shades of skin color like in normal shading  and then shaped it with slightly more saturated hues. Then I just added the dark lines you can see to make it pop up a little, because before it was kind of hard to see against the rest of the skin. 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

October 11, 2021 08:43:29  #299

:0 PRETTY

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

October 12, 2021 00:29:47  #300

@Eliza I tried to draw Dmitri!

Tried out another brush for linearting and did colored lineart! At least I tried to. 
Sorry if his eyes aren't that shiny xD I couldn't help myself xD
Hope I got the correct shades of color!
Not sure about the background but I didn't feel like leaving it white so I just slapped a square on there and drew texture on top lol

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

Board footera