HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 15, 2021 18:41:04  #91

Re: [@Echo] Here's to a thread with no assassination involved.

"Band-aid?" he questions softly, looking at it. It doesn't look like he knows what it is, but his mind is turning gears to put things together. It's taking a bit, though. Things have happened quickly. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

February 15, 2021 19:19:28  #92

"Yeah, see?" Francis held it out to Kaori gently. "I always carry some just in case 'cause some of my friends are very... hyperactive. I can look for a different one if you don't like this one."

The band-aid is a pretty purple colour, very cute and most definitely made for children. It was shaped like a cat's head. Francis probably bought it thinking it was cute, or maybe his friends were younger?

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

February 15, 2021 20:04:29  #93

Kaori looks a bit worried. It's not even about the wound--it's the prospect that one day he might have to go to the hospital, a service he really can't afford and can't see himself affording anytime soon. "It's fine. Thank you."
He takes the band-aid and fidgets a bit with it, trying to figure out what it is. Maybe it's a happy device? He guesses that it is. He wonders and marvels at it for a good half minute before he tucks it into a tiny pocket like he's gonna protect it as he would a good luck charm. It's taking him a bit to remember how Francis said it's something to be put on a cut to cease bleeding and prevent infections. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 15, 2021 20:18:48  #94

"Um...?"

Francis pulled out another band-aid, very confused on why Kaori put the first band-aid away.

"Here, give me your hand," Francis said, peeling the new band-aid open. This time the band-aid has a pretty blue and orange flower pattern.

"Are you okay?"

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

February 15, 2021 23:22:07  #95

You ain't the only weird one here, Francis. 
"Yeah! I'm okay," Kaori says with a nod. He looks back at the bird. "I don't think he is, though..."
This is really a bruh moment.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 15, 2021 23:33:49  #96

"I wonder what happened... " Francis said, looking back at the bird, forgetting about the band-aid he was holding for a moment. "He doesn't look too happy, but I wouldn't be either, I think... I mean, he's probably hurting or something and that's why he's trying to peck you. Poor thing is probably scared..."

Francis suddenly looked tear tears, imagining what possibly could have happened and what it must be like for the bird. Francis most definitely moved on from his own emotions to complete empathy very quickly.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

February 15, 2021 23:54:48  #97

The bird just looks ticked at Kaori. It doesn't even seem like it's in pain or something at this point. 100% of its energy is directed towards looking peeved.
Kaori is a little bit dense at the moment. He doesn't seem to realize its feelings. Nodding a little bit more again, he takes out the band-aid from earlier and slightly holds it in the bird's direction. "I'm sorry for making you afraid," he offers, the band-aid now looking an awful lot like a goodwill token than something meant to hide future scars. "Do you like this purple cat?" After three seconds he adds with a adorable tone, "Meow?"
It doesn't even cross his mind that cats sometimes like monching up birds for treats. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 16, 2021 00:00:59  #98

(oh my gods Kaori is adorable)

The fact that the bird just looks peeved does not stop Francis from tearing up. The boy is emotional.

Francis watched Kaori do so, nervous that the bird would peck Kaori again.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

February 17, 2021 03:47:40  #99

At least it doesn't look like its only purpose is to peck Kaori again. Still, it doesn't look relaxed. Far from it.
"I'll give you this after we look a bit more into what's hurting for you," Kaori explains. He takes out a small slip of paper to put the band-aid there, like a sticker. He doesn't quite edge it towards the bird yet, though.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 17, 2021 10:30:41  #100

Mood.

Francis doesn't exactly do anything at the moment, because yeah.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

February 22, 2021 14:40:35  #101

The bird do be staring suspiciously at the sticker like it thinks some other bird with giant teeth (yes, teeth) is going to dive out of it.
"Hey, maybe we can try to untangle your wings and see if you're hurt? It must be super uncomfortable to be laying down like that," Kaori suggests. "Don't birds sleep standing up? Though I guess your kind can turn your heads around all the way too."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 22, 2021 18:40:23  #102

Francis is not sure what to do. He has experience with birds, as he has a lovebird at home, but random, wild birds surely would be different than a domesticated lovebird. Well, if Mango could be considered tame, that is. Mango did try to attack Silence, Kradly, and Lumi more than Francis could count on his fingers. Bad luck, his friends have, extreme bad luck. 

"What should I do?" Francis asked, a bit helplessly. Really, nothing he has done has really been helpful to Kaori or the bird, so he kind of felt bad in that sense, other than from what happened before. 

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

February 22, 2021 21:28:39  #103

"You don't need to do anything!" Kaori exclaims positively. "You're really good emotional encouragement. Though, I guess you probably do need to go do things. Sorry for keeping you here," he apologizes with sincerity. 
The bird does not seem convinced at the moment. R.I.P.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 22, 2021 22:26:33  #104

"Oh, no sir. I do not have anything scheduled," Francis said. "So I will stay here and be emotional support! Oh! I almost forgot! Your hand!" Francis remembered the blue bandaid he was holding, which luckily didn't crumple while he was holding it. 

"May I cover your wound with this? I don't want, like, your hand getting infected or something." 

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

February 23, 2021 10:46:27  #105

Kaori makes a confused sound. He takes a moment to look back at the band-aid and then back at the wound. Speaking of which, for some reason, it's still bleeding, but the sides of the wound have visibly pulled together. That means it's healed much faster than most mortal humans, but still weird that it's bleeding.
Wonder what he doesn't understand.
"Um, I guess that could work, but that would probably be a waste of...band-aids," he says slowly.
Yay! He finally got what the band-aid does!

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 23, 2021 16:35:07  #106

"It's okay, I got more than plenty," Francis smiled. Francis waited for Kaori to hold his hand out to him so he could stick the band-aid on, not wanting to be grabby. Realizing that they might end up in an uncomfortable moment of not doing anything, Francis said, "Oh, hold your hand out to me, please." 

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

February 24, 2021 20:03:41  #107

Kaori, not really wanting to argue, sticks his hand towards Francis like an obedient child.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 24, 2021 20:39:47  #108

Francis gently took Kaori's hand and put the band-aid on it. 

Subconsciously, Francis muttered while doing so, "Ta-da!" 

He let go of Kaori's hand and looked over to the bird, speaking softly, "Now, we need to help you, okay? Mr. Kaori's nice, so he won't hurt you. Everything will be good, so please don't peck him again. I have a lot of band-aids, and I understand that we're a lot bigger than you and probably scary, but it's not nice to make him bleed. I promise we just want to help, though!" 

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

March 4, 2021 20:54:15  #109

The bird is, like, dunno how to say it, but it's hard to tell what it's actually thinking. Maybe it's thinking, "You think band-aids will help me? Really?" which is kinda a logical thing to think, but anyways. But it's scrutinizing Francis pretty hard.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 4, 2021 22:25:51  #110

Francis smiles politely but looks away, not really sure of what else to say. There is not much for him to say.

"Uh... man, I dunno... I just wanna help..." Francis muttered, mostly to himself. "Hmm..."

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

March 9, 2021 02:35:35  #111

"The offer's still open, sir," Kaori speaks like he's serving someone at a restaurant. "Hm...if you're okay with being picked up for two seconds, maybe three? Um, you..." He looks to Francis for suggestions and mouths, "What should he do if he agrees?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 10, 2021 23:26:49  #112

Francis kind of shrugged a little, giving himself a moment to think, before saying, "Maybe... let us examine him for wounds or something like that?" 

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

March 12, 2021 21:11:27  #113

Bruh, Francis missed the question.
Kaori gives a little laugh. "Maybe if you're okay with it, flex your foot?" he suggests to the bird.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 12, 2021 23:42:47  #114

To be fair, Kaori wasn't quite specific and the Narrator knows that if They asked what Kaori meant, the other Narrator would only send back an unhelpful response or "(:" and the Narrator over here can't emotionally take that anymore or ever again so. Yea.

Francis said, blushing in embarrassment, "Ohhhh, that's what you meant! Sorry... uhm..."

He watches for the bird's response.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

March 13, 2021 00:08:45  #115

What was he supposed to do? List six possibilities? His decision-making abilities aren't that bad if he could think of six possibilities.
The bird is thinking. Yeah. Maybe. Or maybe it doesn't understand that much human speech.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 16, 2021 20:59:47  #116

Ope true I guess lol.

Francis adds in softly, "Please?"

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

March 18, 2021 19:31:49  #117

After a lot of thought, the bird flexes its foot grudgingly.
"Yay!" Kaori cheers. Quietly.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 20, 2021 21:30:27  #118

Francis quietly said, "Thank you, we will do our best." He looked over to Kaori, waiting to be told what to do if Kaori needed help.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

March 26, 2021 01:09:53  #119

Kaori doesn't look back, because he said less than 5 seconds. His hands work like a surgeon as he tries to change as little about the bird's feathers and such. He does shift the bird to a slightly easier position, though. The one it's been in would probably be the equivalent of a human turning his/her/their head 320 degrees and then staying that way. That's how the artist sees it, anyways, even if he doesn't know that much about birds. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 26, 2021 15:23:22  #120

Francis watches Kaori without a sound.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

Board footera