HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 9, 2023 20:46:58  #241

Re: 「Welcome to limbo!」

I feel like me being a Deadpool fan is just inevitable. Wade Wilson is basically all of my favorite character tropes wrapped in one. He's by no means a perfect character, but all of his imperfections grate together in the best/worst ways. He also has that doomed by the narrative, 4th wall breaking, humor as a coping mechanism, thing going on. Also just the concept of healing factor = immortality is honestly one of the best forms of immortality I've seen in a character. Dying but not being able to make it stick, doomed to exist until the end of time itself. That no matter what he does or doesn't do, he will always live through it. No matter how traumatic, no matter how heartbreaking, he will have to live with anything and everything life throws at him with only the hope that maybe one day he'll be able to forget it. Forgetting is the closest thing Wade will ever have to the sweet release of a permanent death.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
----------------------------------------
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 13, 2023 15:09:20  #242

if I end up as a marvel or x-men fan, wade wilson is to blame

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 17, 2023 19:55:14  #243

look, deadpool is turning into a hyperfixation at this point and I really don't know if that's a good thing or not

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 17, 2023 19:57:45  #244

I am literally on the verge of repeatedly saying words just because they sound nice. I may or may not be absorbing wade wilson's personality through osmosis. Like-wise my ocs may or may not be leaning even more into the 4th wall breaking stuff. So if Somnus starts breaking the 4th wall and stuff, blame wade wilson, it's his fault for making it seem fun.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 26, 2023 19:37:50  #245

I blame my creative writting class for all of the oc brainrot im currently experiencing

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 28, 2023 21:51:02  #246

I sometimes wonder if I should have taken my school's creative writing class instead of an ap since I'm pretty much good for credits.

Is it fun?

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

May 6, 2023 13:32:43  #247

Time wrote:

I sometimes wonder if I should have taken my school's creative writing class instead of an ap since I'm pretty much good for credits.

Is it fun?

Most fun I've had in school since like ever so yeah, highly encourage it

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

May 6, 2023 13:38:13  #248

oh right, it's finals week, which is no fun at all. I have like so much work to do and tests to study for...my creativity is dead, D-E-A-D, just like my braincells.

Honestly, not the best time to start a new game but like it's not my fault they released star rail during finals week.

I'm also probably not drinking enough water but who cares about water when you have two projects to catch up on.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

May 7, 2023 23:14:52  #249

Good luck on finals, and go drink water. You can drink water passively.

Time

May 7, 2023 23:15:41  #250

🤯🤯🤯

Time

May 17, 2023 17:00:39  #251

good news, I have three empty water bottles on my desk so hydration has not been missed

bad news, my desk is getting more and more cluttered because I do not have the mental or emotional energy to clean anything.

self-care baby, I've never heard of it

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

May 18, 2023 01:52:08  #252

I say you gained a step forward. Cause you're moving in doing stuff you're not stagnant. Granted, it's a small step, but a step nonetheless.

But the real question is... are those water bottles reusable?

Time

May 21, 2023 20:45:50  #253

first weekend of summer break and I've already gotten three new books (one of them a collection of Shakespeare comedy), a pallet knife, a 36 page watercolor paper pad, and a packet of 100 colorful origami paper.

The lesson here is I cannot be trusted with money in a library or an art store

(And also a sign of just how much more fun life can be when you're not bogged down by homework)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

June 19, 2023 19:39:05  #254

me watching across the spiderverse once and then completely forgetting about everything else in my life? More likely than you think

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

August 28, 2023 20:19:58  #255

okay so I've been real emotional lately which means I'm gonna say something genuine and I wont take it back. GGaD is so special to me, on various personal levels that I will not disclose, but what I want to say is I'm so grateful for everything that's here. From the forum to the people to the sometimes messy but always entertaining writing. I feel truly lucky to have found this niche and be a part of it, no matter how insignificant my roles may be. I know I'm not the most active player and definitely not the most sociable player, because honestly I'm still intimidated by half of y'all, but there's a part of me that always feels safe here. For a few minutes, a few hours, I can let my worries go and read about a world filled with interesting characters created by so many different people. It brings me joy to see this much creativity kept alive by others who enjoys this place as much as I do, if not more.

GGaD is everything I love about storytelling. It doesn't have to be great, it doesn't have to be nuanced, it doesn't even have to make sense sometimes. It's just fun. I'm glad we're here.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

August 29, 2023 00:32:47  #256

Thanks for this, Marsh. I'm glad that this is a special place for you and that you're here, a reason for why it's so special. And y'know, no worries about the inactivity or the perception of how scary others (I) are (am), just go your pace in roleplaying and in interacting with others. I know GGaD'll stay itself and grow ever better, so I hope it'll continue to be safe spot (and an enjoyable one) for you and everyone else here! 

-Galaxian-

Edit: And just as I wrapped the post up I see that there are 92 guests on holy moly (: (this is definitely scary lol)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

August 29, 2023 00:42:28  #257

I also agree with Galaxian. Hearing this sorta stuff makes me happy for our decision to keep going instead of disbanding. I mean, I was happy back then when we pushed on, but you know. I'm glad to hear this sorta thing even more.

I will admit though this is the niche thing ever a whole entire form website for like, idk, 10-ish active people? I can't count.

Time

August 29, 2023 00:45:14  #258

Yeah, it's something like 9 people.
But hey, maybe more people will come back! 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 16, 2023 07:49:05  #259

I'm alive!!!!

(And it's pumpkin season???)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

October 16, 2023 09:51:04  #260

Marsh is alive?!  IN THE SPOOKY MONTH?!  

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I do change this siggy often too. 

October 16, 2023 15:28:43  #261

Hi marsh hi marsh hi

Time

October 16, 2023 16:21:40  #262

hi time!

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

October 16, 2023 16:31:12  #263

Why is this exchange so cute xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 17, 2023 10:15:28  #264

Just realized I might have collected the weirdest set of hyperfixations, from percy jackson to honkai impact now to deadpool.

I fear for what my future may hold

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

October 20, 2023 19:12:18  #265

Just finished return of the living deadpool, no one touch me, im just going to lay here and sob for days. Then think about Wade as a character and all the complexities and contradictions that hold him together.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

October 20, 2023 19:15:59  #266

that is true Marsh, your fixations are all over the place.

How do you express your resolve for Deadpool, Marsh? I realize I have never asked such a question

Time

October 20, 2023 22:36:53  #267

This is going to be embarassing to admit, but Deadpool (and Cable) were the characters who finally broke me in and had me actually writing fanfiction for the first time in my life. If that's not dedication and resolve I genuinely don't know what is.

(I also draw deadpool a lot for someone who hates drawing fanart, he's my one exception)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

October 21, 2023 04:09:59  #268

Damnnn... like new horizons reached. That's crazy. I get it tho.

The fact that you don't draw fanart makes me realize that we are similar in that department. I've only done one fanart of one character, so that breaks the exception like you. But still, I only drew one.

Time

October 21, 2023 17:19:24  #269

Marsh is back 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 hiiii Marsh 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Relate sm to the not drawing fanart thing. Usually I hate doing it because I feel too self-conscious, but there are a few special cases in which I've just felt like I had to. Over time there's some specific characters I came to not mind drawing, I think, which is interesting bc of how much I disliked my fanarts. Sometimes. (I guess the summary is I now draw fanart sometimes even though I don't usually do that? this is a mess to explain)
Also about your hyperfixations I don't see anything wrong. They all interesting stories I'm sure.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

October 21, 2023 21:24:39  #270

Hi Specterrr!!!!!!

I get the characters you don't mind drawing thing because genuinely, genuinely, Deadpool, the costume, is one of the easiest character's I've ever drawn. His suit is so easy to stylize, so easy to pose, there's no unnecessary flowy fabric I need to think about, or concerningly large shoulder pads (unlike some other suit wearing comic characters I know *ahem* *ahem* Cable *ahem* *ahem*), he's just a guy, with a lil' bop on the head, and a belt that has his face on it. Honestly, the perfect "superhero" design. 10/10, he's just so easy to draw.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

Board footera