HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 20, 2022 07:18:50  #1351

Re: "Bonding at 3 A.M." ~ @Echo @Galaxian

I didn't even feel it as awkward lol but oh well hehe

Yeah I don't think we even talked about the schedule. In any case the most important thing would be to figure out the order of our teachers' classes rather than constructing a while daily schedule for everything in HPA.
I remember someone mentioned that homeroom comes last in JP? Is this AU even taking place in Japan lol, and even if it were couldn't we like just make up our own schedule as we see fit

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 20, 2022 09:54:54  #1352

Iirc it takes place in Japan? Although, like you mentioned, we could literally change anything XD

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

June 20, 2022 16:44:07  #1353

That's because I'm the one with the reason for it to feel awkward.

Let's make it on Mars so I can throw Wiley to Deimos

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

June 21, 2022 00:15:49  #1354

We all make it awkward smh don't take all the credit GalaxE XD

Apollo would be thrilled to be on Mars

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 21, 2022 00:17:33  #1355

No, seriously, this time it's only on my end. Unless you happen to have a reason that I am not aware of

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 21, 2022 00:19:51  #1356

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ idk tbh, I was trying to be reassuring XD I have Failed

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 22, 2022 17:50:56  #1357

I don't feel awkward at all (about this specific thing at least) so don't count me in xD

For all i care the AU could be on Mars but I've already headcanoned for a setting on earth? Let's just work with earth.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 22, 2022 18:10:01  #1358

XD Okay

I like the idea of Japan since the original story is set in Japan, but I also know very little about Japan so XD whatever works for y'all, I'll follow

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 22, 2022 18:16:24  #1359

I don't really care as long as it works out somehow.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 22, 2022 18:17:58  #1360

This feels like we're all pointing guns at each other and being like "SOMEONE HERE MAKE A CHOICE" while all refusing to make a decision

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 22, 2022 18:21:08  #1361

I guess I could do my thing where I disregard others' opinions, make a choice, make bad reasoning for that choice, and expect others to follow, but I don't really have a reason to do that at the moment. 
It really doesn't matter too much in the grand scheme of things, since usually there is very little reasoning as to why stories are situated in Japan (at least when it comes to anime?). Or perhaps Danganronpa reasoned for that? I can't even tell if all the students are Japanese or not in it.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 22, 2022 18:31:36  #1362

It doesn't really, which is something I wonder about. Adding to that, all the students except one foreign exchange girl are Japanese, so...
In my headcanons related to DR I always like to include characters that are from all over the world instead of just being Japanese. Danganronpa doesn't have that much in worldbuilding anyways so there's a bunch of things we could edit.
To sort of keep to the canon though I reaaaally suggest we don't migrate the AU location to another planet.

The question is, do we need to specify stuff about the location of this? Perhaps we're better off with a vague place and we can make up the schedule. After all,  Hope's Peak Academy is known for being a school different from others, so its schedule and working would definitely stand out in whatever country it's in.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 22, 2022 18:37:33  #1363

So then, the (apparently Japanese) people in Danganronpa remind me of how CYXY3000H does the thing where everyone looks a little different but their ethnicities can't be pinpointed any more because people of different countries had so many children together that everyone's a little mixed.
The Mars thing was a joke, by the way. I know that I sound extremely deadpan at the moment, but it was a horrible attempt at humor on my part. Clearly, the location should be Jupiter instead, so that everyone can be floating inside an incredibly big cloud of gas while speaking without the need for oxygen and solid ground.
I think that the country is the least we could come up with, and perhaps some nearby landmarks can be decided so we know where students might live and what they do outside of school. Otherwise, it can mostly be left open, I believe.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 22, 2022 19:44:43  #1364

We should add a very big park, I like parks

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 22, 2022 19:46:14  #1365

If you want a park then there's a park, though I think there's more than just one park
I'd like to think about the area as being a setting suitable for roleplaying, kinda like how we can do canon GGaD threads anywhere or make up a location and it works.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 22, 2022 19:48:26  #1366

MULTIPLE PARKS??? OWO

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 22, 2022 21:22:56  #1367

Yeah, the setting reminds me of CC. Things kinda just are there conveniently because students have money
Back to the main topic, so this is in Japan? Or?
I know Japan has a good number of national parks, but iirc Danganronpa had an island setting outside of Japan?? If that makes sense (so essentially it's free reign again lol)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 22, 2022 22:18:35  #1368

I mean, citiiies normally have multiple parks, no?

I'd be all up for the setting being in Japan, but I'm probably the one who knows the least about Japanese culture out of all of us. An idea, would you guys mind if we made the setting "not so Japanese" despite the lotion being in Japan?

To clarify about Danganronpa, the games' settings are specifically for the Killing Game part so it would give scenarios for each part of the story. I believe you're talking about Jabberwock Island which is a setting for SDR2, but in the story it's supposed to be something like a field trip place and nothing school-like happens there. The actual Hope's Peak Academy (the setting for the first game and the original Killing Game) was indeed located in Japan, but I don't think it's ever specified in which part of the country. Iirc it's the only game setting that had that school vibe. It was a school after all lol.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 22, 2022 22:19:16  #1369

What brand of lotion is it? Please don't tell me you accidentally swallowed that too

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 22, 2022 22:19:49  #1370

BWAHAHAHA "LOTION" HELP I'M DYING

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 22, 2022 22:20:12  #1371

You're a ghost, how can you be dying

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 22, 2022 22:21:57  #1372

Ghosthood is a pathway to many abilities some may consider to be unnatural

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 22, 2022 22:24:25  #1373

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

I mean, citiiies normally have multiple parks, no?

I'd be all up for the setting being in Japan, but I'm probably the one who knows the least about Japanese culture out of all of us. An idea, would you guys mind if we made the setting "not so Japanese" despite the lotion being in Japan?

To clarify about Danganronpa, the games' settings are specifically for the Killing Game part so it would give scenarios for each part of the story. I believe you're talking about Jabberwock Island which is a setting for SDR2, but in the story it's supposed to be something like a field trip place and nothing school-like happens there. The actual Hope's Peak Academy (the setting for the first game and the original Killing Game) was indeed located in Japan, but I don't think it's ever specified in which part of the country. Iirc it's the only game setting that had that school vibe. It was a school after all lol.

I dunno, I've grown up in a suburban setting, where the number of parks corresponds to the amount of funding received in a given area. If anything, you're the one most qualified to define that out of the three of us lol (from what I remember in APUSH, the parks added in New York were basically a desperate measure towards the negative effects of urbanization, if that means anything)
I feel like all of us are pretty clueless regarding Japanese culture, so don't worry.
As for what you said about setting, I wouldn't mind, though there is no way I won't poke fun of the discrepancies occasionally

And thanks for the clarification. Got it now, until I inevitably forget 2 weeks later and ask again

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 22, 2022 22:25:00  #1374

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

:0 do those abilities include the art to not die when one is killed???

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 22, 2022 22:28:07  #1375

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

:0 do those abilities include the art to not die when one is killed???

-Galaxian-

Yes and also to identify what Archers go into the Archer class

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 22, 2022 22:36:04  #1376

Wow, so do you also know why Berserkers go berserk?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 22, 2022 23:03:47  #1377

Asking the Big Questions now OwO

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 23, 2022 07:10:45  #1378

Indeed I do.

I'd reply with another funny line but I've forgotten what I wanted to say, so can we get back on track to the main topic now? XD

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 23, 2022 11:07:17  #1379

I personally live in a very small town that has basically nothing /almost everything interesting was shut down before I was born or shut down while I was growing up so XD we have one park and tbh that's surprising at this point. We have a lot of corn/bean fields and train tracks tho

So I also don't mind Spec's idea for the setting XD

OH also a few days ago I saw a bunch of baby cows!!!! They were orange and white and I nearly cried, they were so cute qhdjqkkf

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 23, 2022 12:10:29  #1380

I'm a child of the city, but I guess it's peruvian cities and not american cities I'm used to XD
So, are you guys okay with going with my setting idea? I personally don't mind the occasional joke from Galaxian.

Baby cows!

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

Board footera