HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 9, 2023 13:56:15  #1

2023 Forum Festivities Event

Hey guys!

It's somehow already December and, well, I didn't really wanna make doing nothing the norm for our forum when it comes to the winter holidays. So I thought, y'know, why not make a post that probably sounds exceptionally dead inside? 
Rather than a poll, I thought it'd be cool to just open up a discussion for what you guys might want to happen for this break. Feel free to put your own thoughts and ideas below, but here's what I can think of right now:

1) Game session: Options include Among Us, Skribbl.io, Garticphone, Make a Meme, and anything else you guys suggest
2) Secret Santa exchange: I mainly don't know how many people would be open towards this, but if you guys wanna get it started I'd be super up to it :3
3) Shared art canvas: And this is a new thing, but I found a site where we can all draw on the same canvas. It has a few different brush variations, and it has functionality with layers too. I know not everyone draws as much, but I was thinking it might be a fun break. (Bonus points: I got Specter and Echo to help me test the site too, and our art styles are all pretty different. So, I'm a bit more confident on it working out than I would have been otherwise. :D)
4) Any other suggestions :D

This post is kinda a way to see what everyone is interested in as well as see what participation might look like. Some of the options are clearly better suited to larger groups, so yeah xD.
Also do let us know your schedules if you want! That way we can get the dates and times sorted out. As Specter said on their homethread, they're going away for a bit at the middle of the month, so we could do a more impromptu event within the next week so they don't miss everything. 
Looking forward to this year's events and to hearing from you guys!

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

December 9, 2023 14:23:54  #2

Re: 2023 Forum Festivities Event

I really like the idea of a shared art canvas

uwu

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

December 9, 2023 16:29:13  #3

All for the art canvas for me. 

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I do change this siggy often too. 

December 9, 2023 18:53:15  #4

@Echo - Hey look a site tester! :D
@Zane - Dang I don't think I've seen much of your art outside of what you included in your forms, so if we do go with that option I'll be looking forward to it!

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 9, 2023 19:05:43  #5

A shared art canvas sounds cool, even if my art production speed is very very slow, I thinknit would be good practice trying to draw fast and keep up with you guys. We can definitely chat or whatever at the same time too so that's nice.

Id be down to secret Santa again. I think I personally need to redeem myself.

As to game sessions, idk, I know my availability for those are usually pretty infrequent...

And to providing an idea of my own, I'll try and brainstorm something up. I just need to check my schedule first

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

December 10, 2023 00:08:14  #6

I'm all for a secret santa or the shared canvas! I think it'd be fun to do the shared canvas outside of holiday stuff as well

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Season's grievings to us, one and all!

December 10, 2023 23:43:30  #7

I think the shared canvas would be a really cool thing to have on here, though maybe we can do prompts or something to give it activity. Even if it doesn't it'd be fine tbh since it's just fun to draw in group.
Aside from that, I suggest that if there's a Secret Santa event it should get rebranded to a gift exchange for New Year's cause it's already a little over a week into December and I think participants would probably want some more time to make their gifts.

And yeah I'm leaving next Friday but don't let that stop y'all from having events! It's not often that most users here get free days at the same time, so make the most out of it! That said, I'd really be up for a game on Monday-Wednesday afternoons, or Tuesday night. 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

December 11, 2023 12:33:13  #8

Shared canvas would be fun, and I'm always up for among us or something else.

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

December 11, 2023 20:56:40  #9

Everyone seems to be up for the shared art canvas idea, so I made one. It's labelled Forum Festivities but tbh it might be a bit of a test.
Here's the link to the first page: https://magma.com/d/3v3kij06dt
You should be able to scroll to the second, third, and fourth (there is no fifth because I would have to subscribe for that), but let me know if you can't and I'll link the other pages too.

For a theme, I really am having struggles thinking of ideas that are both "open enough" and "not restricting," so I guess I'll just list some thoughts? Please give suggestions. xD
-The general idea was just having a holidays theme with our characters. Probably mostly GGaD since then we'd be able to recognise them, but no restriction there, draw whomever or whatever you'd like.
-Space-wise I would encourage keeping an eye on how much space you are taking. This doesn't apply as much to the test canvas because it's a test canvas, but yeah. I don't want anyone to feel like their drawing should be smushed xD
-But on the other hand, don't be afraid to draw bigger too! It's really just a common sense thing I'm putting out there.
-Try to condense your layers when you can, but don't feel like you should constrain yourself while you're drawing. Basically, try to make it easier for others to find their own layers (which are highlighted anyways), but also don't screw up your layer order for this. Condensing stuff the best you can after you're done is probably your best bet. 
-The goal of drawing together isn't just so that we can (hopefully) watch each other drawing at some point and interact on it, but also so that we can interact with each other's drawings. I'm not too sure on this component, but I think I'd still advise on creating new layers of your own to do so so changes can be reversed lol (and so that complication over which layers are which don't arise, at least not as frequently). 
-Layers can be named btw (: you can do a lil text trolling (:
-Last but not least, just adding that you do not have to register for an account, but if you do, it'll be easier to get back to your layers. Make sure you're not accidentally linking your real email, name, etc. if you register for an account. You can click twice on a layer to claim it as your own (but don't do that if someone's actively drawing in their own layer). 

If you guys wanna treat all four pages as a test, then go wild. I'll just make another canvas. I mostly want us to be able to enjoy ourselves.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 11, 2023 20:57:50  #10

New post because it's a slightly different topic, but I was wondering if you guys wanted a new Discord server for events like these? Live chat's been a lot less alive since we migrated out of FANDOM (a joke btw, there isn't really a live chat anymore).
Also yes, this is a poor excuse for me to try to friend all of you on Discord. xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 12, 2023 09:11:55  #11

i have contributed my one drawing 

that'd be useful

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

December 13, 2023 03:46:24  #12

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

New post because it's a slightly different topic, but I was wondering if you guys wanted a new Discord server for events like these? Live chat's been a lot less alive since we migrated out of FANDOM (a joke btw, there isn't really a live chat anymore).
Also yes, this is a poor excuse for me to try to friend all of you on Discord. xD

-Galaxian-

I'd be down

Time

December 13, 2023 14:34:06  #13

hello i totally didn't miss this whole thing until just now because I am Blind

the shared canvas and games sound fun, I just need a specific times so I can know if I'll be at work or not, also the gift exchange for new years

basically all of this
and the live chat

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

December 14, 2023 13:29:20  #14

I apologize to everyone for taking up a lot of space within the first canvas, I got Inspired by the Muses and blacked out to then awaken and see probably the last good things I'll draw in a while XD

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

December 14, 2023 23:04:41  #15

I've sent out a few server invites via Discord but stopped short for some of you because I want to be sure that you're okay with it. Which is to say that I'd very much appreciate letting me know if you're fine with getting invited to the server. (Invites are private because a certain bot got into a public link once and did some weird stuff.) 

I'm really loving even the test canvas so far btw xD you guys are golden

Basket Cat wrote:

the shared canvas and games sound fun, I just need a specific times so I can know if I'll be at work or not, also the gift exchange for new years

I have decided that the gift exchange will be for next year because frankly the shared canvas feels like a group gift xD (it is so funny guys I love it)
Also kinda iffy on if we should all arrange a few times to draw together or if we all just randomly jump on when we can,,, what do you guys think?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 15, 2023 04:45:26  #16

btw what are the exact setting for this canvas galaxian? My art seems to give that extra unclean shaky pixely look that I see some online artists have but I never knew how they got.

Time

December 15, 2023 21:41:42  #17

Uhh I'm not too sure what you mean, but the canvas is set at 2000 x 2000 pixels and the resolution (DPI) is 72
I think what you're observing might be a result of the available brush you're using, with the edge and all. I also really like the brush available on the site

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 16, 2023 19:53:13  #18

I just saw this! We got a shared canvas? Hell yeah!

they/them
you can call me Vio
too lazy to put something here
sun and moon brainrot 

December 16, 2023 22:20:22  #19

Heck yeah!
You should draw bigger if you'd like xD don't be afraid to let us see your art!

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 17, 2023 08:56:32  #20

Ah right, I will! Mostly tested the program
hard to find how to do thing on it
Thing I got it mostly
Just don’t look at my side rn it’s just a little sketch

they/them