GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 29, 2023 17:16:37  #1

Hello!

I was in the wiki a few years back, I don’t think I stayed long, barely made my character before getting overwhelmed and leaving.

But I am less shy, hopefully a little more confident, now so I am giving this a try again!

While I do still have a character I guess? I don’t want to keep her, since I made new characters for a completely different universe that I want to use if that’s possible.

they/them
you can call me Vio
too lazy to put something here
sun and moon brainrot 

August 29, 2023 19:58:19  #2

Re: Hello!

Hey! Welcome back Hourglass.

There's a weird thing going on right now with signatures and quotes not working all over Boardhost, so hopefully that fixes itself soon.

As to your character, there is no worry. You can start off of a blank slate if you wish. If you have any questions, ask! I can fill you in on events that are currently going on, or we can just chat and chill. It's just great to have another Forumer back on board.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

August 30, 2023 00:40:16  #3

Hey there! Welcome to the forum. We're glad to have you here! Please feel free to let us know if there's something we can maybe help with, and go at your own pace to enjoy your stay. And like Time said, blank slates are fine, and sometimes even encouraged...or maybe not, but yeah, they're fine xD.
Hope to see you around!

-Galaxian-

The end descends

August 30, 2023 07:06:56  #4

His thanks you so much! I can’t wait to show off my characters I love them a lot.

I am a little curious as to what events are happening. And I am open to talk, it could be fun!

Thanks you both for the warm welcome!

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

August 30, 2023 07:28:48  #5

Yo, welcome to the boardhost! It's always nice to see returning forumers, and I hope you have a great time here!
In roleplay I think Time has some kind of event going on but I'm not very sure of the details atm. We mostly do free play with our characters instead of constraining it to just specific events, so I'm excited to see what you decide to do with your character(s) since you really have total freedom to decide what you wanna do! 
Forum-wise we just hang out and talk about stuff and share art and the like, so you just feel free to make a homethread if you so wish or check out others', or really just whatever you want to do. We're very glad to have one more person here :3 

Specter
Let your world be a world 
that you build with a smile!

✪˛✧ ∴ˑ ✴ ∵ ˛✧ ˑ✪

August 30, 2023 13:53:21  #6

Thanks! I think for now I want to rp with my characters? Flesh them out a little better than I currently have. One of them might cause shenanigans, cause gremlin personality, he like to bite >:3

Also what is a homethread? And where do I put my art? and do I need to provide characters sheets like in the wiki? I think we had to make one at least, my memory isn’t so good

Thanks again! You all seem so nice! :>

Edit: I found the homethread, I guess I just make one for myself?

Last edited by LazyOwlViolet (August 30, 2023 14:34:45)

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

August 30, 2023 14:12:26  #7

I suppose I'll just put a little plot dump for that event Spec mentioned here if you'd like to join ha

Soooo... By some mysterious will, A handful(?) Ambrosia Flowers have appeared in the middle of nowhere, in some far forgotten wasteland. What's abnormal though, is that by some unknown power, their location has been transmitted to handpicked people throughout Forengard via dreams, visions, rumors, and other events.

In addition, the flowers have created a domain for themselves, the Domain of Flowers. The Domain is drastically different from the original climate of the area. Within the Domain, it's a mash of all sorts of biomes, most of the time with such areas not making much sense. The Flowers have greatly abnormalized the region, filling it with structures that wouldn't appear in nature, and populating the area with monsters, extreme regions, and other dangers that you wouldn't normally find in Forengard.

People from every sect have flocked to the Domain for multitudes of reasons. To fight for a chance at deityhood, to witness history, to trade and strengthen their fame, to simply kill and maim, many different characters can be found here.

If that sorta stuff interests you I'm sure you can jump right in. We're currently ongoing, but you are definitely still at a good time where you can join, just be sure to make some connections with other characters before things go down. That's what makes a story good! So, once again, if you are interested, we have a planning thread that sort of becomes active every time we need to plan a new part, so you can skim it here if you want to check it out. --> https://godsgoddessesanddeities.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=269

Of course I can give you rundown of current events within the plot, if you like. But you can also catch up by reading the thread(s) labled [DoF]

Last edited by Time (August 30, 2023 14:12:39)

Time

August 30, 2023 14:28:29  #8

Ooooooo that does sound fun! I do not have mortals characters that can/would participate but it still sound nice! I guess the best way I could include my characters is have them watch and maybe interacts with the mortals trying to get the flower(s)?

Well one of them would watch and describe things happening as the other is blind but I guess that will lead to shenanigans if a character is describe negatively and said character take offense or something similar, if it’s ok of course.

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

August 30, 2023 14:29:49  #9

LazyOwlViolet wrote:

Thanks! I think for now I want to rp with my characters? Flesh them out a little better than I currently have. One of them might cause shenanigans, cause gremlin personality, he like to bite >

Also what is a homethread? And where do I put my art? and do I need to provide characters sheets like in the wiki? I think we had to make one at least, my memory isn’t so good

Thanks again! You all seem so nice! :>

Oh there goes the weird emoticon thing again.

Homethreads are basically areas where the owner of the thread posts thoughts, and chats with others. The contents of a homethread vary based on the owner, since it's kind of an area where they can post nearly anything they want.

In the index area, under the Art tab, there is a Gallery subcategory where you can post your art. There's a bit of a process that goes into posting art. You'll have to use an image poster for permalinks or whatever they are called. If you have any questions for this part, don't hesitate to ask! I'm going to admit, it took a bit of time for me to realize the process for posting an image, even though it's pretty simple.

You can provide character sheets in the sign up thread. Just provide a form in the "RP Intro, Forms, & Approval" thread. We'll look it over, and if it looks good, we'll give the character a stamp of approval, and they'll be let free into GGaD. You can see examples of what an accepted character/form looks like too. Except for Galaxian's forms. Don't use those as examples. He writes too much lol.

Last edited by Time (August 30, 2023 14:30:15)

Time

August 30, 2023 14:34:06  #10

LazyOwlViolet wrote:

Ooooooo that does sound fun! I do not have mortals characters that can/would participate but it still sound nice! I guess the best way I could include my characters is have them watch and maybe interacts with the mortals trying to get the flower(s)?

Well one of them would watch and describe things happening as the other is blind but I guess that will lead to shenanigans if a character is describe negatively and said character take offense or something similar, if it’s ok of course.

Of course. Other deity characters are sort of doing that already. I should really make a dedicated watcher thread or something.

If you ever want to send in a mortal, I'm sure we can find a way to place them in, by the way. Plus, remember that not all mortals are there for a flower, there are other reasons characters can be driven to the Domain.

Some deities have been able to make it inside the Domain as well, actually. The Domain bars most deities from entering, but a few have been let in by exception.

Time

August 30, 2023 14:56:49  #11

TL;DR: Name's Zane and I use Crimson, a mortal man in the RP's around here (Not just the DoF).  I'm apart of the WoFMB and still like the community (which sought me to end up here funnily enough).  Any help, OC trouble, or clarification with myself, or other users can be messaged privately if you so wish.  Lastly I am not a mod, I just try to help.  That's all and have fun

Howdy and hello newcomer!  Welcome to the GGaD!  Nice to have ya here!  Name is my WoFMB name (I was apart of the Wings of Fire Message Board, ironically I still have my Chrome background as such that hasn't changed since like 8th grade for me...yeesh I'm old.)  

ANYWAYS!

Name's Zane, I control a idiot deity of sorts named Crimson, who so happens to also be mortal!  So if ya ever need a guy who can die to be friends with, Crimson could be him :D

Besides that I'm currently in the DoF RP, and yay it's a lot of fun!  In addition to the DoF RP we also have private threads for more smaller one-on-one RP's, I've never used them before, but they are there.  I'm not a mod or anything like that. but any advice or help to the new comers is welcome I would assume.  If for any reason (Plot, or other reasons, because I clearly have the memory of a goldfish and like to ramble on about anything) ya got something that is urgent or needs clarification. you can DM myself, or generally anyone.  Well on this site it's just a click away for the Private Message tab...link...thing, yeah, that.  

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I do change this siggy often too. 

August 30, 2023 15:10:16  #12

Yo check it Zane you're not the newest person anymore

Edit: I retract this statement as Zane is more recent, but is actually not the newest person lol

Last edited by Time (August 30, 2023 15:12:53)

Time

August 30, 2023 17:43:30  #13

I just wanted to add that character sheets are not required, but you can add them if you'd like!

Time wrote:

You can see examples of what an accepted character/form looks like too. Except for Galaxian's forms. Don't use those as examples. He writes too much lol.

):<

-Galaxian-

The end descends

August 30, 2023 18:06:48  #14

I mean, if you really wanted, you could also do gigantic paragraphs... like, write as much or as little as you like.
Just don't do things like filling in one single word into the personality description lol.

Specter
Let your world be a world 
that you build with a smile!

✪˛✧ ∴ˑ ✴ ∵ ˛✧ ˑ✪

August 30, 2023 19:19:57  #15

hi i'm ash and i'm here to say that you should boil your characters into a broth of 50k word long forms

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAaaaaand i've reverted. Yay! there was too much sand in my lungs, anyways.
I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.
refer to me with she/it and do NYOT call me bro. you may however call me bouss.

okay that's all i'm going to cast divine skeleton bone blast now

August 30, 2023 19:22:53  #16

Seems like a good time to say that Ash is our resident shadowy overlord of shadowy things, please do not listen to them.

-Galaxian-

The end descends

August 30, 2023 21:32:41  #17

No, please listen to the chaotic broth of words that is Ash.  

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

August 31, 2023 04:11:47  #18

I do like chaos >:3

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

August 31, 2023 04:32:49  #19

I think I found how this work? It’s mostly html and css it seems
I am bad at both but I am gonna try and post art in the art thread

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

August 31, 2023 09:42:25  #20

Remember, we are here to help ya!  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

August 31, 2023 10:15:10  #21

Thanks so much! I am proud to say I found out on my own

I could use feedback for the characters sheets later if it’s ok ^^’

Put my creatures in the thread for all the see!
Just don’t look too hard at the wings they are badly drawn

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

August 31, 2023 15:16:41  #22

wolffighting3768 wrote:

TL;DR: Name's Zane and I use Crimson, a mortal man in the RP's around here (Not just the DoF).  I'm apart of the WoFMB and still like the community (which sought me to end up here funnily enough).  Any help, OC trouble, or clarification with myself, or other users can be messaged privately if you so wish.  Lastly I am not a mod, I just try to help.  That's all and have fun

Howdy and hello newcomer!  Welcome to the GGaD!  Nice to have ya here!  Name is my WoFMB name (I was apart of the Wings of Fire Message Board, ironically I still have my Chrome background as such that hasn't changed since like 8th grade for me...yeesh I'm old.)  

ANYWAYS!

Name's Zane, I control a idiot deity of sorts named Crimson, who so happens to also be mortal!  So if ya ever need a guy who can die to be friends with, Crimson could be him :D

Besides that I'm currently in the DoF RP, and yay it's a lot of fun!  In addition to the DoF RP we also have private threads for more smaller one-on-one RP's, I've never used them before, but they are there.  I'm not a mod or anything like that. but any advice or help to the new comers is welcome I would assume.  If for any reason (Plot, or other reasons, because I clearly have the memory of a goldfish and like to ramble on about anything) ya got something that is urgent or needs clarification. you can DM myself, or generally anyone.  Well on this site it's just a click away for the Private Message tab...link...thing, yeah, that.  

I forgot to reply to this but I think Crimson and and Caligo (my own little guy) might get along, granted that Crimson doesn’t mind getting lightly bitten and possibly body slam as Caligo attempt to hug him (he get very excited when seeing friends)

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

August 31, 2023 15:39:00  #23

Don't worry, I think Crimson will enjoy the company!  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

August 31, 2023 19:02:52  #24

hello I am the Axel not the brake, and I have my fingers(characters) in a lot of pies(plots)

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

August 31, 2023 23:14:00  #25

in way of proper introduction of myself, i am ash. i've got some cretinous things(characters) and also a beast that 100% can be trusted to never not once nibble on fingers(specific character(critchun))

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAaaaaand i've reverted. Yay! there was too much sand in my lungs, anyways.
I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.
refer to me with she/it and do NYOT call me bro. you may however call me bouss.

okay that's all i'm going to cast divine skeleton bone blast now

September 2, 2023 08:46:09  #26

Nice to meet you both officially!
I guess you can call me Owl or even Ravio which is a name I didn’t steal from a video game character at all
I am sure no finger (character) will be bitten at all
Nor will those pies ;)

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

Board footera