GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 22, 2021 18:19:05  #6991

Re: Cosmic Dim. (V. XVIII), You're Correct but You're Not Right

The heck, I left an article halfway through last time I went to Wikia, and I go back to it now and there are like 3 pop-ups on the page saying "Continue reading (article name)?" that block the content lol

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 22, 2021 22:17:29  #6992

Spent the past half hour making sure a spider isn't a brown recluse
It is not. I think

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 22, 2021 23:52:20  #6993

I actually enjoy doing math at near 23:00, possibly because I am cracked somewhere in the head.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 23, 2021 00:06:52  #6994

They call Ye Maozhong's ads annoying, but imo the LingoAce ones are worse
And the LingoAce ones follow me eVeRyWhErE
iMaGiNe iF i ALwAyS TaLkEd LiKe t H i s  bUt  I R L 
It's like that but with people trying to get you to sign your kid up for Chinese lessons from unlicensed instructors while pretending to be families.
Look, some of the kids are cute, but the adults (and especially the ladies, and I mean as little offense as possible--) are extremely irritating (: 
I imagine if I were not Chinese and if my mom weren't a teacher and chanced upon these ads my impression of Chinese teachers would take a blow

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 23, 2021 03:12:54  #6995

2 A.M. me, having long since avoided math homework, tearing up over a fictional dog

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 23, 2021 14:08:48  #6996

While I was sleeping, my mind created an entire original F/GO AMV
It was cool tbh
My mind knows how to draw and animate. I do not

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 23, 2021 15:00:47  #6997

Ok but I've done that so much as to the point that when I hear a song I imagined an animation to go with it, it will play in my mind automatically

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

September 23, 2021 15:27:57  #6998

Same, but for me it's a different animation every time
I meant in the dream context. There's original music and original animations lol

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 23, 2021 16:21:05  #6999

I think Calc might be the death of me, but I'm not sure :D

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 23, 2021 19:25:39  #7000

Here is some potential evidence
Usually I can do all but 2 classes' work in one day (those two classes being Calc and another AP course), but I have been spending 2 days all on Calc and am still not yet 12% through the entire week's work, and since I have been spending 2 days all on Calc, none of my other classes' work has really been done aside from what I did on Tuesday :D

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 23, 2021 23:32:33  #7001

Kingprotea just casually sitting on the entirety of Asia or something
Also I will pretend they did not incorporate that Bradamante meme,,, bruhh
I actually saw this a month ago I just did not post it idk

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 23, 2021 23:36:10  #7002

Fate/Grand Carnival!!!
That song from the video always makes me want to dance with the characters xD

Specter
Let your world be a world 
that you build with a smile!

✪˛✧ ∴ˑ ✴ ∵ ˛✧ ˑ✪

September 23, 2021 23:46:18  #7003

Really? It makes me want to meow xD probably because there are so many cat-humanoids (idk what to call them) lol. Most of all it makes me want to pause between every frame xD to see what different characters are doin'

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 24, 2021 00:03:32  #7004

I probably should talk about manhua when they update, but sometimes it's hard since not much happens
I guess I'll talk about Cangbai Wangzuo
Angsty backstory time. 

The backstory feels kinda like how Echo does their characters' backstories but also not quite. It might be the future characterization component in play, though, along with the sort of reference to a particularly nasty part of Chinese culture (hopefully more prevalent in the past than now). 
Rn we're doing a sort of flashback for a girl nicknamed Shuangshuang. She essentially was in a rural household where she had a younger brother and parents who only loved her brother. She was constantly toiling for the family but was also constantly verbally abused by her parents. Essentially, she was expected to labor all day and always let her brother have the better. In one instance, her brother threw a sharp object at her forehead while telling her to die, and when she tried to hit him back, her parents immediately blamed her and reprimanded her (and only her).
Shuangshuang didn't know why her parents never cared for her when she was sad or in anguish. She knew it for sure--whenever her brother was potentially feeling any negative emotions, her parents' heartbeats would rise in concern and anxiousness, but their heartbeats never changed when it came to anything regarding her. But still, she tolerated it. After being reprimanded for that specific instance, she went to a nearby store to use her hard-earned savings to buy a toy dinosaur for her brother. She reckoned that since he wasn't allowed to have one, then she could surprise him by showing it to him when their parents went to bed. So, she snuck in and hid in her brother's toy closet, where she found so many toys, whereas she had never played with any toys and had never even eaten any snacks. 
Then, while waiting in the closet, she overheard her parent's' voices. Shuangshuang's parents didn't know how to get the money to get their son into a prestigious elementary school; they wouldn't have the money even if they sold all their land. (As context, school ain't free in China, not even elementary school. And there are different levels of schools, too, though the higher up you go, you can get into better schools with better grades.)
That's when they came up with an idea--they heard from the city folks that there were people who were buying girls. Why not sell their "worthless, lazy" daughter? It was "for her best," right? To be sold to adult men as a young girl?
She, who was waiting in the closet to shelter her brother's feelings like they always forced her to, hears it all. And the dinosaur toy she was holding drops onto the floor with a clang.

That's the end of Chapter 200.
I'm not much of a fan of how she acts when she's older, but dang, the feels.
Can the author top "that woman" in terms of characterizing Shuangshuang, though? I wonder if they can.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 24, 2021 16:40:07  #7005

Gonna get briefly political

Well I have absolutely no freaking idea what the heck the Chinese government is doing
Ever since I read that it's cracking down on "effeminate men" in Chinese pop culture, someone has been laughing like a maniac in my head and I actually don't know who it is
Well, it's one of my characters. 

I haven't ever been real enthusiastic about pondering the possibility of going back to China (as in to live there, not just to travel there), but I gotta say, that possibility dwindles the more I learn.
Also I wouldn't be sure if I can even access this site (or related ones). Probably not.
Next time I travel, I'll see if I can.
Watch the Chinese variation of FBI knock down the front door when I try lol

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 24, 2021 16:43:54  #7006

The other day on "Yi Jian Mei" I saw someone comment that "China is the country with the best culture and the worst government" and while those are both absolutes (I would argue there are worse governments, by the way), it's also not completely false in terms of comparisons

Oh boy, how does saying that make me want to rant about my family back there? Hmmm

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 24, 2021 18:37:08  #7007

I also look up to this chipmunk

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 24, 2021 20:05:32  #7008

Just watched a SimplyPiano ad where the mom claims to be able to read sheet music and then can't find Middle C (and in the process of trying to find it smashes the piano,,, like bruh lol)
I'm pretty sure anyone who's read any book regarding piano can find Middle C xD I mean I can even find it and my knowledge of piano is extremely minimal

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 24, 2021 23:09:25  #7009

Read "Set your dreams" as "Yeet your dreams"
Much obliged. (*yeets dreams*)

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 25, 2021 00:05:26  #7010

Wrote "Abigail Adams" as "Abigail Williams" and stared at my paper blankly for a full 5 seconds before realizing my mistake xDD

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 25, 2021 01:04:48  #7011

Just got a verification code that essentially means "Stupid father wants me to die (x2)" in Chinese and I just can't stop laughing

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 25, 2021 03:28:02  #7012

A head's up: I'll be out for tomorrow. If I'm online, I'm probably just checking on my mom's phone and can't really respond. I'll reply to things that need longer responses when I can, presumably when work is done/Monday is over (with work being done). If you need anything, including needing to rant, please send a message or a private message, wherever you're comfortable.
Hope everyone has a happy, healthy, and, uh, hygienic day. (Lol trying for alliteration at 2 A.M. be like)

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 26, 2021 00:07:07  #7013

Forgot to say this about HYXHN lol

I'm not in the habit of staring at characters' chests to gauge their possible gender, so there was this person (who serves under Wangquan Fugui) who has green hair and Mu eyebrows who I thought was a guy xD but turns out she's a gal and she's no chill xD
After finding out, I looked at the shape of her clothing around the chest area and yeah, that should've been obvious, but nope xD
I guess her voice gives it away, but I don't think she's been animated yet with a voice...???

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 26, 2021 00:13:12  #7014

I have this little hope that there'll be a more obvious ship in the series that's not heteroromantic but seeing as the political situation in China is how it is and parts of the series are getting converted to a real-person TV series, I find that unlikely.
I also don't exactly know where the plot will head next--as in if there will continue to be important couples to be matchmade on-screen--so that's also there.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 26, 2021 00:19:07  #7015

I search up "Tushan Xiao Hongniang" (the upcoming remake of the three main arcs of HYXHN so far, and if you're wondering why it's "Tushan" instead of "Huyao," "Huyao" means "fox spirit" with "spirit" just being a lighter version of "demon," and titles with "demon" in them apparently don't do well in China so yeah. Anyways) and apparently the main cast for the Wangquan arc is out
I look for how the actors (male and female, I don't like "actress" as a word much) actually do in terms of acting and all I get is "They're all super good-looking!" like look, I don't care how hot or pretty they are. I want to know if this arc will get ruined or not. Give. Me. Answers. On. Acting. Skills.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 26, 2021 00:22:06  #7016

If it's a good series, I would wanna show my mom (who finds the names of the characters absolutely hilarious, btw), but I feel like maybe she would not take

someone getting impaled by dozens of swords

very well, so idk.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 26, 2021 00:25:39  #7017

I need to ask my mom about the cast lol preferably on Tuesday instead of tomorrow or Monday

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 26, 2021 00:26:51  #7018

My mom keeps getting Echo and Specter confused and it's honestly really funny
Also this post is kinda a shoutout since my mom said to thank Echo for teaching her the meaning of the word "echo" indirectly xP xD I used to say "Echo" in Chinese and now I just do it in English but yeah she made the connection lol

Meanwhile, I asked her on what Specter means and she gave the definition of the word "Spectacular" xD now that I think about it, I forgot to continue the subject, but yes, @Specter, be honored >B)
I've never called Specter by Chinese for, uh, obvious reasons. So that's why my mom didn't make the connection there lol

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 26, 2021 00:33:36  #7019

uwu

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Men+.ヽ(≧▽≦)ノ.+゚
lil angst gumdrop ˙˚∘⊹🦋⊹∘˚˙
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

September 26, 2021 01:11:12  #7020

Time over there saying he's never heard of a zither while me here, someone who plays Chinese zither and who has talked about it before:

Fair enough xD

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

Board footera