GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 19, 2021 23:29:12  #5581

Re: Cosmic Dim. (V. XVIII), You're Correct but You're Not Right

Lol Poketoonix idk if you're one of the 14 guests, but I'm sorry lol, I can only check Discord for like a minute and try to respond

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

April 20, 2021 00:01:06  #5582

Lol a newspaper article discussing the American quintessential need to be positive when I'm here like "Meh" whenever anyone other than a teacher asks me how I'm doing
I literally say "Okay I guess" to teachers because it's somewhat honest and not concerning. 
I don't want to get sent to a psychologist at this point so

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

April 20, 2021 01:45:35  #5583

I love how APES exams reduce my will to exist
I like math FRQs when I know how to do them which reminds me, I should really be trying to do more practice for those
But actual FRQs...help. No. Ew. Bluck. Disgusting. Nasty. Revolting. As you can see, I love FRQs.
Multiple choice answers are confusing as heck lol it's like the wording was intended to be confusing

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

April 20, 2021 13:33:22  #5584

Mohuang Da Guanjia updated like 6 chapters 
Summary: Don't get full of yourself

Anyways as usual, art and Zhuofan being a bastard screenshots yay

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

April 20, 2021 13:34:38  #5585

And Zhuofan's actual identity has very much been revealed now, so now it's just fighting.
Iirc this manhua has very good fighting art in terms of how dramatic it is so :D

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

April 20, 2021 13:35:25  #5586

Lol I haven't read the novel in such a long time but I'm arcs ahead nonetheless

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

April 20, 2021 13:40:02  #5587

Honestly at this point I'm not sure where all the manhua I'm in are at in terms of plot. Chuanyue Xiyuan 3000 Hou is always weird but tbh if I were the author of it it's probably almost a good point to end. What am I to say though I'm a bad writer lol
Mohuang Da Guanjia is gonna go on for like 40 years lol I know that for sure
Cangbai Wangzuo...is hard to say. It's also the first time I've mentioned this manhua, isn't it lol? But it certainly seems like it's in rising action
Huyao Xiao Hongniang is definitely still in rising action. It'll be very long but I'll be there for all of it :D

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

April 20, 2021 13:50:37  #5588

I need to talk about Cangbai Wangzuo more; other than cringe English cuss words it used (the setting was English for a while, which was the reason) it's a good manhua imo
So basically the protagonist is a 15-year-old boy who looks 10 who accidentally kills someone, and because he's so adept at killing, he's pulled into a global competition between killers to access the throne. The title in English would be Ghastly White Throne or something like that, so that's referring to the throne. The throne is for, like, the ultimate killer. It's revealed over time that the protagonist has been a monster (figurative, mostly) since birth and has natural killer instincts. This isn't much of a spoiler lol
The protagonist is named Li Mubai and there's not really a female protagonist. However, there is a focus on other major characters, including a Chinese rising star named Yelang (night wolf lol) and a young man named Wenzhen and his shixiong/shijie(?). Obviously, all of them are killers too, though Wenzhen hasn't really been seen killing mostly thus far (he's a monk with hair gods that sounded weird and so he has a no-killing policy atm, but obviously he has killed people before, with a very high net killing worth so.)
I'm not quite sure what to think of Yelang since he's very mysterious, but I empathize strongly with Wenzhen and Mubai and really hope they get out of the chain of killing people

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

April 20, 2021 13:58:36  #5589

Tbh that sounds very interesting, is there a translated version?

Specter
Let your world be a world 
that you build with a smile!

✪˛✧ ∴ˑ ✴ ∵ ˛✧ ˑ✪

April 20, 2021 14:04:31  #5590

There probably are fan translations, but since manhua aren't very popular outside of the Chinese community from what I know (and maybe Vietnamese communities idk lol), probably no official translation

Lol the start of the manhua is like Tokyo Ghoul, I've never been able to shake the impression
Also don't expect there to be deep depictions of corruption since that's not really the point/theme of the manhua

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

April 20, 2021 14:07:17  #5591

Also uh there is a lot of pink blood

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

April 20, 2021 14:10:19  #5592

Tbh I could probably do a fan translation of my own if I wanted mostly cringing from how badly Chinese insults translate to English lol

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

April 20, 2021 14:15:56  #5593

Oh lol going by this summary (the official one I think) is probably better
"少年沐白失手杀人,从此进入杀手的世界,一张黑色的卡片出现在家门口,苍白王座,谁能得到这件杀手之王——夜狼留下的最终武器、成就最强杀手?杀道,遵循的是杀戮之路,亦是自我之路。"

"Having accidentally murdered someone, Mubai, a teenager, enters the world of killers. A black card appears at the entrance of his home. Who will be able to get the pale killer's throne--the ultimate weapon left by Yelang, to become the strongest killer? The path of killing follows the path of self."
Lol the last sentence was hard to translate since more directly it sounds like "the path of killing is the path of killing, and is also the path of self." Maybe I'm interpreting it incorrectly idk

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

April 20, 2021 14:17:27  #5594

Also the cover for the manhua: 

Tbh it's funny because the text on the yellow tape is literally "Rabbit activity ahead, please stay cautious of your safety", and it's a reference to how the main character (Mubai) is associated with the white rabbit

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

April 20, 2021 19:05:21  #5595

I love how my moral compass makes me burn fictional characters while it's in itself quite wonky IRL 
I talked to Carmilla in My Room when I first got her, and when her Master asked her what she liked she was basically like "Blood, do you have a problem with that?" And I told her, "Yes, I do have a problem with that," and soon after that I got Osakabehime and was like "Goodbye Carmilla"

You may ask why I'm putting this up again, but the actual topic of this here post is Osakabehime. Her Noble Phantasm is now EX rank and it provides a Quick boost and a Buster boost. And she's also at final Ascension, iirc level 87 now. I got a Super Success while leveling her lol 

And for nostalgia's sake, I brought her and Gao Changgong on the same quest again. That hasn't happened in, like, months because it's rare that they both have class advantage in the same quest, and even if they did, it was usually Altera with Osakabehime, since Altera can do more damage than Lanling Wang. Unfortunately, that also meant I hadn't seen Changgong in a long time . Anyways I kept spamming Osakabehime's NP, so enemies couldn't kill her lol, due to the Max HP thing. And they fared pretty well! I intended to make them support Tristan, and it went pretty well in all forms except card generation I think Osakabehime would go very well with someone like Jack the Ripper or maybe even Okita Alter. Maybe Achilles and Atlanta too, but I'm not sure of their cards and skills (especially Atlanta, I do remember Achilles').

Okay but Camelot started off pretty hard,,, oooof
idfjsdodfjfo I just need that ONE Dragon's Reverse Scale for Gao Changgong. Please. I wanna use him more ;-;

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

April 20, 2021 19:56:57  #5596

Life hack: If you eat a granola bar with chocolate chips in it and then immediately drink milk, it'll taste almost exactly like ice cream
I've survived off of this hack for who-knows-how-long lol

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

April 21, 2021 00:02:44  #5597

"What do people assume about you?"
Me: That I'm scary, 2 times older than I actually am, the opposite gender, dumb as dirt or way smarter than I usually am depending on who's assuming...

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

April 21, 2021 00:30:36  #5598

I FREAKING TYPED "VERDADERAS" FROM "LAS VERDADERAS MUJERES ASESINAS" AS "VERDURAS" I--

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

April 21, 2021 00:34:43  #5599

Hello, Galaxian should not be typing as fast as they can at midnight but they do it anyways.
I also typed "verandas" instead of "verduras" when I was supposed to type "verduras"

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

April 21, 2021 00:36:22  #5600

Typing a Spanish word that isn't a word I use commonly thrice means it no longer looks like a word to me
Why does this happen to every language I can somewhat speak
Like, Chinese sometimes looks like alien language
English looks like gibberish at times reminds me of how a friend I knew said he couldn't see "white" as being a word after like 5 times writing it

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

April 21, 2021 00:39:19  #5601

If anyone's wondering why I'm searching up female killers, I actually was searching up parricide, not female killers. But I searched up "Las Verdaderas Mujeres Asesinas" because I was wondering if Elizabath Bathory would get on there, and yes, she is on there.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

April 21, 2021 00:41:25  #5602

Fate tries so hard to make Elizabeth likeable, and I know, it's an anime, it's gonna do that. But there was a line in E Pluribus Unum where (spoilers obviously lol) where she was like "I hate betrayal and giving up" and I was like "I hate homicide as well"
I apparently exist in F/GO to sass Carmilla personas, younger and older.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

April 21, 2021 01:47:55  #5603

F/GO glitched and gave me the one-turn attack buff for two turns, I mean I'm not gonna complain lol

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

April 21, 2021 01:50:53  #5604

F/GO keeps giving me Void's Dust
I'm not sure who needs it, actually.
I was aiming for Proof of Hero lol
Btw @Specter said E Pluribus Unum map is pretty far off, it's like at the end, before the final boss fight. It's like the penultimate boss fight place

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

April 21, 2021 01:52:25  #5605

Constructed a very bad team. No regrets though
lol Altera and Lanling Wang and Bradamante,,, I mean I think Changgong and Bradamante go well together but like, Altera? idk.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

April 21, 2021 01:53:54  #5606

Btw I like the vibes between Bradamante and Osakabehime and between Bradamante and Lanling Wang, I think it's very nice
Osakabehime and Kiyohime actually work well on one part too--their skills lowering defense. The trick is to use Kiyohime's skill, which decreases defense for one enemy and then increases their attack, and then use Osakabehime's skill, which decreases defense and nullifies all buffs. It's a good NP set up combo I think.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

April 21, 2021 01:54:23  #5607

I probably need to stop friendshipping everyone

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

April 21, 2021 03:07:56  #5608

Two things
One, I've decided I really do like Ushiwakamaru. Her expressions are so cute and sincere xD and she's a bit quirky, but she's loyal. And she did not deserve angst. Almost no one does. UwU 
Two, noticed (finally) that Astolfo's profile uses they/them pronouns. I'm not sure if that's intended to keep Astolfo's gender secret (if Astolfo is male or female) or whatnot, but for now I'll presume that Astolfo from Fate uses they/them pronouns. 
Sorry for saying Astolfo 3 times in a row without using it as an antecedent btw, it was intended to delay pronoun usage until I could talk about them. 

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

April 21, 2021 03:41:19  #5609

Ushiwakamaru: My older brother is exemplary!
Me: (: I shall reward him for what he did to you by punching him in the gut Saint Seiya style

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

April 21, 2021 14:31:58  #5610

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

Board footera