HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 8, 2022 20:51:14  #151

Re: The Lost Library 3.0 // Autumn's Homethread

The background/color scheme for this place has changed, and therefore I must make my monthly post /j

no but seriously I do appreciate the spring colors :D 

Autumn (she/her)
I do promise I check up on this place occasionally

March 8, 2022 21:12:48  #152

also: character development is going from hating friendship speeches to begrudgingly giving them yourself

actually thinking about it, is "friendship speech" even a term that people use? I can only remember using it within certain specific contexts with a friend but I can't recall anyone else using it

Autumn (she/her)

March 8, 2022 22:03:47  #153

autumnlibrarian16 wrote:

The background/color scheme for this place has changed, and therefore I must make my monthly post /j

Thank you :3 
But if you have any feedback, just lemme know xD much feedback is needed (probably)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

March 15, 2022 15:44:12  #154

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

autumnlibrarian16 wrote:

Thank you :3 
But if you have any feedback, just lemme know xD much feedback is needed (probably)

-Galaxian-

Late but I think it's fine! I like how the olive green changes to a purple/pink when you hover over it :D

Autumn (she/her)

March 15, 2022 15:44:54  #155

the second half of this month really is just going to be "is it March 31st yet" huh

Autumn (she/her)

March 17, 2022 21:04:37  #156

man I hate talking/writing about myself, it always gives me a crisis
like how do I objectively write about my strengths and weaknesses??? who even am I

in other news though: I am currently applying for a job and writing a resume for it :^)

Autumn (she/her)

March 17, 2022 21:34:09  #157

Who are you? You're my minion, of course. Blessed to do my evil bidding. I compel you...actually, I don't know anything to order you to do. Standby, I guess. And get that resume done. Yay.

In more seriousness, your post is such a mood, lol. I can specifically relate this week. :") Good luck xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 28, 2022 20:56:48  #158

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Who are you? You're my minion, of course. Blessed to do my evil bidding. I compel you...actually, I don't know anything to order you to do. Standby, I guess. And get that resume done. Yay.

In more seriousness, your post is such a mood, lol. I can specifically relate this week. :") Good luck xD

-Galaxian-

fdsklfjdslkjf Galaxian's minion, reporting 
This is a late reply but I did finish the resume! Don't think I'll get the job I was going for since it was a pretty unpolished one but I guess I have a template for when I need a better one

Autumn (she/her)

March 29, 2022 14:56:57  #159

Yess I have a minion now
Nice job! I had a similar outcome so that's a mood too xD hope you still get the job, though! (Provided you still want it, lol)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 31, 2022 21:42:12  #160

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Yess I have a minion now
Nice job! I had a similar outcome so that's a mood too xD hope you still get the job, though! (Provided you still want it, lol)

-Galaxian-

Thanks! Hope you get what you were applying for, as well

//

in other news: today I finally got the last of my college decisions! I'd be lying if I didn't feel disappointed in certain results but at the same time I wasn't trying to delude myself,, at least I'm finally free from having to wait (genuinely, the wait is one of the worst parts of the whole college application process. cannot tell you how long march has felt)
I think I know where I'm going now? little freshman me would have laughed but here we are

but man
to think tomorrow is the start of April

Autumn (she/her)

April 19, 2022 18:31:20  #161

AP exams are in 2 weeks...... I should be stressing more but senioritis am I right

in other news: I finished up Trails of Cold Steel 4 towards the beginning of this month (the 1st or 2nd if I recall?), and now I am forced to wait for the translations of Reverie. which is fine actually since Trails games take forever to play through (looking at my CS4 playtime of 140-150 hrs for just my first playthrough where I didn't even get 100% completion)
CS4 was definitely a ride - it had its lows (primarily with the bonding system and whatever was going on for half of act 2. also what on earth was the point with alberich) but MAN if it didn't have its highs (the finale!!!! I could ramble about it for hours and I would still not have enough words for it)

I had my spring break last week, and during it I started NEO: The World Ends With You (though my progress on NEO TWEWY is temporarily halted for the sake of not completely failing my exams). The combat is oddly fun but man I do not appreciate the chameleon monsters in that game... going invisible and then dealing insane damage should be illegal I think
As for slightly spoiler-y rambles:

I do wish the title screen didn't blatantly spoil that Shoka becomes playable (though I really do like Shoka!! she's very neat) but I really did like the Neku/Beat twist. also I love how the in-game brands are integrated into the character designs (Neku wearing an outfit from Gatto Nero is so cute). also Joshua where are you my guy your city is about to disappear
Also Susukichi's boss fight theme kinda hurts my head.... but it's not too bad
I really am glad Uzuki is back to her good old lawful evil self she's so good
Also Nagi really took me by surprise; I had no idea she was going to be such a good character but Week 3 Day 4 really solidified her as one of my favorites for her awkward compassion and empathy
Though if there's one thing I'm kinda disappointed in... it's the villains? Maybe it's because I don't know any of their motivations yet but I don't really care much about Shiba other than "yeah he's there and he's terrible." Any else who was antagonistic either dies or allies with Rindo's group so it's kinda rough there. maybe as I get closer to the climax things will change

I also recently read "Fox and I" by Catherine Raven! It's a memoir of sorts regarding the author's with a wild fox
It's a bit repetitive at times (very repetitive actually), but other than I generally enjoyed it? At its core, the book is about humanity's relationship with nature and the perception of society
It probably would have been better if I had known more about "The Little Prince" before reading this book though, since Raven makes reference to that story frequently, and all of those references are lost on me. At least I did get the references to "Frankenstein" and "Moby Dick" though lol (I also find it fascinating that she related with the characters that my English class really didn't like: Victor Frankenstein and Ishmael... that in itself provides me with so much insight into the author)
It's also important for me to note that I stumbled across this book by complete accident while looking for AP review books at my local library... I think my reading is slightly flavored by the fact that it's been forever since I read something like this on my own

Autumn (she/her)

April 26, 2022 15:35:53  #162

how is it already the last week of april what happened

Autumn (she/her)

April 26, 2022 17:35:33  #163

I literally do not know how April disappeared

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

April 27, 2022 01:04:26  #164

Poof

Gone

And the ap tests are right on our doorstep

Last edited by Time (April 27, 2022 01:04:49)

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

April 27, 2022 08:37:15  #165

the what

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

April 27, 2022 17:32:15  #166

Time wrote:

Poof

Gone

And the ap tests are right on our doorstep

haha yeah :^))

Basket Cat wrote:

the what

AP exams, or advanced placement exams - they're exams scored on a scale of 1-5 primarily offered in the US, and if you do well on them, you can potentially get college credits while you're still in high school
this year, AP exams take place during the first 2 weeks of May

but yeah I don't know where April went either

Autumn (she/her)

April 27, 2022 18:14:44  #167

As an add-on, if anyone gets a 1 or 2, they must really not be doing anything in the class. Or maybe they had a super severe anxiety attack, idk. Trying to sound a little less severe xD.
But anyways, my point is that usually, the scale's more 3-5, but some colleges accept 3 and others don't, so yeah, depends on what college one would be aiming for.
Kinda like how you could get straight C's and pass high school, but good luck getting a college impressed with those grades.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 27, 2022 19:58:34  #168

Huh

May 4, 2022 19:47:54  #169

// had both my ap literature and comp sci exams today :^) and I am absolutely dead from that 
and now I have stats tomorrow :]]]]]]

Autumn (she/her)

May 4, 2022 20:22:44  #170

Good luck! Be sure to get plenty of rest tonight!

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 4, 2022 22:15:33  #171

yeah good luck!

If you can spare the time can I ask how was lit? I'm in lang and you know, it's kinda similar with being in english

Last edited by Time (May 4, 2022 22:16:10)

Time

May 5, 2022 07:22:34  #172

thanks, guys! good luck with the rest of your exams, as well

as for Lit:
- The multiple choice was generally not too bad? There were 3 poems, and 2 prose pieces; I only really had difficulty with the most modern poem and the really weird narrative piece about this mother and a house but they weren't that bad. The rest of the things we had to read were pretty easy though - the first poem especially ("Song for the People", I think it was. shoutout to my brain for reading it and immediately going "OLIVIER LENHEIM??" which is a reference that nobody will get)
- The FRQ (which is probably going to be officially released tomorrow) wasn't that bad either? I wrote my essays in the order of Q1 -> Q3 -> Q2 (which, in case anyone is unfamiliar with how an AP Lit exam is structured, is the poem analysis -> thematic analysis -> prose analysis; collegeboard has proper descriptions of each here). Honestly looking back at them, I feel like my analyses were kind of on the shallow end, but I guess that's what happens when you're given approximately 40ish minutes per essay anyway. Q2 was rough though; it specifies that you should talk about the "complexities" and I just spoke about a "duality" which was kind of... dumb, in retrospect. With Q3 I think I probably could have explained my arguments a bit better but I was scared I wasn't going to get to Q2 in time, so I ended up rushing it. My pinkie finger was completely smeared in pen ink by the end lol 
- As someone who took Lang last year (though, granted: I took Lang online, which was terrible for the multiple choice since you couldn't go backwards, and you had to do the essays in a set order), the primary difference between the two classes is how Lit focuses on literature (hence the name), while Lang focuses on nonfiction and argumentative work. The two classes both rely on critical thinking skills, but the difference lies in how that skill is used. If you did well in Lang, expect Lit to be similar, but slightly more demanding in terms of content
(coughs in how we're ""not supposed to talk about the exam"" but I mean)

anyway with that I have my stats exam in like 3-4 hours

Autumn (she/her)

May 8, 2022 20:42:29  #173

physics......

Autumn (she/her)

May 9, 2022 13:28:53  #174

Oh oopsy poopsy. I thought we could at most talk about how we felt about the test, no?

Physics.... what about it?

Time

May 10, 2022 16:54:35  #175

Time wrote:

Oh oopsy poopsy. I thought we could at most talk about how we felt about the test, no?

Physics.... what about it?

technically you're not supposed to talk about the exams but that's not really enforced; at least not where I go to school (people will talk about the exam questions literally RIGHT after the exam finishes, right in front of the testing proctors)
From what I understand it's mostly an anti-cheating measure but there's probably some legality thing too

As for physics! I was studying for it; I had both AP Physics C exams this afternoon. pain

Autumn (she/her)

May 10, 2022 16:55:02  #176

though I'm finally done with AP exams now. thankfully

Autumn (she/her)

May 10, 2022 19:42:18  #177

Congrats! I'm sure you nailed 'em! At least now you can take a breather in terms of exams :D I hope :D oh no that read sarcastically

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 16, 2022 21:23:43  #178

finished up NEO: The World Ends With You a few days ago and just! man

I can't feasibly compare it to the original TWEWY (the best way to put it is that even though the two games have similar "flavors", the fact remains that one is Neku's journey, while the other is Rindo's; they're two different people, and represent two different themes) and while there were a few writing choices that felt a bit wonky, I have to say: I really enjoyed it!
I mean if anything could make me emotional about two dorks finally being able to play a Pokemon Go parody with each other, I'd say that's a pretty good sign I was invested :^)

also even though it's non-canon, the post game is SO funny. I love the idea that in order to get concert tickets, this weird group of teenagers (+ one grown man shouting random math jargon) are told to go around and beat up a bunch of random strangers
I'm not planning on 100% completion (there is no way I'm bothering with the noise pokedex) but I do want to at least beat the secret mega boss..... every attempt so far has led to instant death. They were not kidding when they said this battle was tough

Autumn (she/her)

June 24, 2022 10:26:04  #179

had my high school graduation yesterday :^) which is wild

Autumn (she/her)

June 24, 2022 17:09:54  #180

Congratulations!!!

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.